*1210: Pandemic* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

MADTNNT

Re: *1210: Pandemic* Post-Air Discussion

Postby MADTNNT » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:03 am

They should have kept the substory with randy (it's funny because it's true- i cant go a week without seeing someone with a new video camera filming everything they encounter :wink: )
and the parts with Craig ("this is why nobody at school likes you.") and then eliminated the hamsters and peruvian flute bands.

this week wasn't the best
Roshole

Postby Roshole » Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:53 am

awsome awsome. craig is my favorite character...I hope to see more in the next comming seasons... I had to see it twice... i enjoyed it so mutch....
Whmmm!

Postby Whmmm! » Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:38 am

This certainly isn't the worst South Park ever, and this ep to me at least looks like a godsend when put next to shows like Tonsil Trouble, Britneys New Look and Super Fun Time (all of which are in my bottom 5). But this episode is still a bit of a dud, which doesnt really go anywhere interesting in it's 20 or so minutes. I didn't actually laugh once, but rather stared awkwardly thinking "What the hell...?", possibly because I've only seen one or two Peruvian Flute Bands in my lifetime.

Either, the second half had better tie it all together and be a great payoff or they do a Cloverfield and present no resolution because I'm kind of sick of it at the moment.

6.5/10
You know Jews are people too! Smaller, more insignificant people.
Yozuka

Postby Yozuka » Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:25 pm

Oh, what a load of utter fail.
Seriously, those co-writers need to be fired, FAST!
Duality

Postby Duality » Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:34 pm

First two acts were just… What I usually think of when I see a new episode with an unrealistic storyline. The third act really got me laughing. Not specifically at the Cloverfield parody, but the fact that they used guinea pigs in place of a giant alien monster. Just seeing them crawling around the streets and having people running away in fear cracked me up. I also remember seeing a commercial for "Earth" at the beginning of one of the commercial breaks. Weird… Did anyone else see any commercials used in any episodes during one of the breaks?
TruthInTheCity

Postby TruthInTheCity » Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:22 pm

This ep was like the rest of tv making some serious commentary only for it to be funny at the end (of the next ep I hope). One thing I can comment is how they didn't mention it'd be a two parter (unexpected like SP is...). The Cloverfield reference is definitely funny especially how Stan's dad handles the camera like the people did in Cloverfield like he takes every stupid thing in. I bet he got pulled into the sewer in the end (Cloverfield had a scene where they were in the Subway). Anyway I found it funny the overall reference that people in power would rather focus on stupid BS in the rest of the world instead of domestic issues (and they called that guy heartless to think of his own country?) The Pervian Flute band thing was kind of funny but Craig outlined how all this has been done and why no one hangs out with them. The ending reminded me of Metalocalypse leaving you wondering what crazyness the government has in store and the rockband music of course. But I think the bald guy is a part of some conspircy that will try to sell the earth into subprime loans to out of work aliens after humans have become extinct.
Benvolio

Postby Benvolio » Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:56 pm

Dark Wizard wrote:it was lame. Horrible episode. Peruvian Flute band? WTF? You kidding me? We have gone from "Respect my authority!" to Peruvian flute bands?

We should all be outraged. I've been watching the show since I was 13, and this is the crap they give us?

TBH I don't care about craig. I want them to go back to it being a "small mountain town" not having homeland security or the military in every episode!!!

WTF happened to barbrady? replaced by those unfunny cops

Jimbo and Ned? Hardly mentioned

Garrison? Man they screwed that character. He is never mentioned anymore

I mean furry animals? you serious? That wasn't funny at all.

I give it a 2/10, only because I laughed when Cartman was yelling at the other bands in spanish and craig's little "You guys are assh*les" at the end. One of the worst episodes I have seen

remember...RESPECT MY AUTHORITY!
remember..OMG THEY KILLED KENNY!
REMEMBER...HOW WOULD YOU LIKE TO SUCK MY BALLS?! or MY POT PIE!

Horrible....we have been reduced to Peruvian flute bands...

Move on!! Christ! - "respect my authority"??... yeah, old South Park was funny. But HOW can you not appreciate awesome new episodes like this??

Your stuck in the past - jst be quiet, keep reciting those tired one-liners, and watch your old South Park DVD's.
I really don't understand the mentality of some people on this forum. Sure, this season has had both good and bad episodes - jst like every other season. I've got faith and confidence in South Park to stay cutting edge, political, and f*cking FUNNY :lol:
kacpaa

Postby kacpaa » Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:02 pm

Haha great episode :D
Is it all because in Peru they're eating guinea pigs?? :)
I've been there and I even ate one of this little furry monsters. It was really tasty :) but when You see it on the plate with claws and this little teeths all You can think about is "...damn it looks like a rat!" :)
Can't wait till next episode :) Peru is really great country, especially mountains so I wonder how will they show it on SP :)
Respect My Authority :-)
FancyLad

Postby FancyLad » Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:11 pm

Well, it certainly wasn't their best episode (imaginationland episodes rock! :P) but it made me smile, some typical south park humor. And well, eeuhm... I don't think so, but will their be a second of this one or what? I guess not, it was a parody on cloverfield and I haven't seen it but I've heared that had a pretty open ending...

Greets 'n' Bless
FancyLad
Scuttlebutt

The Pandemic is real!

Postby Scuttlebutt » Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:30 pm

Fantastic episode! Craig was hilarious in his own subtle way. The scene where the head of homeland security's tongue flies out and scrambles that dudes brains like a blender was actually disturbing, which I thought was awesome. The Cloverfield bit was funny and unexpected. ***And the jab at Lucas & Speilberg again was brilliant, with Stan not wanting to go to Peru because that's where their friend was raped, lol. So much packed into this lil' adventure. And yes, the "pandemic" is real folks, in NYC pan-flute bands are everywhere, lol. Matt & Trey are dead on as always. Can't wait for the next part! Keep up the great work gentlemen!
Scuttlebutt

Yo Matt, Trey.....

Postby Scuttlebutt » Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:06 pm

..... you guys could hold a contest to see who can spot the most panflute bands out in the real world. Fans could send pics of the real life "pandemic" taking place! I can think of a dozen spots alone here in NYC. It would be funny to see how widespread the "pandemic" really is.
ayoplac

Postby ayoplac » Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:33 pm

So I'm from Perú living in Spain and I gotta tell ya guys, they're not so happy for this episode right now, anyway I'm just saying that people in US might like foreign culture but not too much right?. The cloverfield scenes were really good but I think that the guinea pigs (Cuys) should have been much bigger 'cause these animals don't look so scary
BRMBug

Re: The Pandemic is real!

Postby BRMBug » Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:44 pm

Scuttlebutt wrote:The scene where the head of homeland security's tongue flies out and scrambles that dudes brains like a blender was actually disturbing, which I thought was awesome.

Did you notice his teeth when his mouth was open?

Also, I see the Mammoth Guinea Pigs and just want to go up to them, smack them in the nose with a stick, and say "No! Bad guinea pig, BAD!"
DevilAngel16

Postby DevilAngel16 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:00 pm

I really liked this episode, even though it confused the f*ck outta me.

I loved all of the parts with the boys. It was so nice to see the main four working together on something, and it was refreshing to see someone other than Butters tag along with them. Craig was hilarious, especially his explanation as to why no one else hangs out with the boys. XD

Oh and I loved that they threw in a quick reference to The China Probrem. Yay, continuity!!

But I just didn't understand the whole pan flute band thing...is it supposed to be a reference to something going on in the world? And I didn't get the guinea pig part either. I dunno, I just don't understand what kinda message they're trying to get across with this one. Is the subject matter supposed to relate to the economic crisis or something? 'Cause it sure doesn't seem like it.

Ahhh so frustrating. >< I'm mad that it's a two parter, simply because I'm just so impatient. I hope part two will clear up everything, and hopefully all of this stuff will start to make sense to me.
whatthejew

Postby whatthejew » Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:19 pm

ShaneHaughey wrote:
whatthejew wrote:
Nyarlotep wrote:I´m the only one that thinks all this episode is some kind of reference to the economic crisis in the last weeks?....

Nooo. I think it had to do with that...as well as everything we've done the past eight years concerning American foreign policy.
The entire world is in an economic crisis, not just America, so do we help other countries, or just help ourselves?
Nah, we help other countries TO help ourselves.
Basic idea of the War on Terror, in Afghanistan, Iraq, etc., etc.
I think it's basically parodying America's involvement in...everything.
Which is why I don't get people who say South Park isn't doing satire...
xD

To be honest guys, Trey writes these episodes within a week. Your theories are grand stretches to say the least, and everytime a commentary track comes out it disproves theories like these. Ever since I joined in season eight, there have been episodes with little in the way of politics/satire that have come out and are just self-contained plots with some parodies and references thrown in. Then when that season comes out on DVD and you go to the track- well, you find out what does inspire them for some episodes and less often than you'd think are stories like this secret messages.

In other words, if a theory is too much of a stretch, then it likely isn't true. This episode seems far more like Quarantine, Harold and Kumar, and Cloverfield. And sometimes guys, that is all it is,

Touche, my friend, touche.
:D
Fanfiction account. | Myspace account. | MyAnimeList account.
Much easier to get to know me at one of those.
Also I love Kyle, no pedo, okay, maybe some.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”