*1210: Pandemic* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

whatthejew

Re: *1210: Pandemic* Post-Air Discussion

Postby whatthejew » Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:00 am

Nyarlotep wrote:I´m the only one that thinks all this episode is some kind of reference to the economic crisis in the last weeks?....

Nooo. I think it had to do with that...as well as everything we've done the past eight years concerning American foreign policy.
The entire world is in an economic crisis, not just America, so do we help other countries, or just help ourselves?
Nah, we help other countries TO help ourselves.
Basic idea of the War on Terror, in Afghanistan, Iraq, etc., etc.
I think it's basically parodying America's involvement in...everything.
Which is why I don't get people who say South Park isn't doing satire...
xD
Fanfiction account. | Myspace account. | MyAnimeList account.
Much easier to get to know me at one of those.
Also I love Kyle, no pedo, okay, maybe some.
thatguyandrew1992

Postby thatguyandrew1992 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:04 am

Is there gonna be a part 2?
ned15

Postby ned15 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:22 am

thatguyandrew1992 wrote:Is there gonna be a part 2?

i don't know, but i hope so.
"you musn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling."
eames
superiorsavior

Postby superiorsavior » Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:32 am

I read a fanfic about Stripe the DAY before this aired, stripe being eaten by peruvians at that, it was like prophecy!

I'm glad what satire they did have was subtle enough for some people not to even notice it. I usually dispise two parters but i'm really rather intrigued here. If I want SP to do something, chances are they won't though :(

Trey and Matt should worry a little less about the animation and a whole lot more about the content
Though they should worry more about the voices in my book, I'd go with substance over style. The guinea pigs did look awsome though when we finally got to see'em!

I could have done without yet another ridiculous crisis
At least this was a return to KILLER ANIMALS like the killer turkeys, killer goldfish and killer babera-streisands of old. After the pan-pipe segment was at an end, the over-reaction was replaced with old-season style, and I was back in the mood to come on down to southpark. as was barbradey seemingly!

I really like the idea of a 'fifth friend' tagging along
More verity in charactar means more verity in plot. When I say charactar I mean perminant cast, not one-offs to be cast aside by next episode.
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Death will take us so don't fight it. Become it and lean to win.
lewflu

Postby lewflu » Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:43 am

omg, this episode was soooooooooooooo funny cloverfield and annoying people who record everything on a camera and guinipigs! how could this get any funnier this is claassic!!!!!!!!!!!!!
rodbowens

Postby rodbowens » Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:02 am

WOW i watch the whole thing and didnt laugh once... :| good job.
*ClaudioIT*

Postby *ClaudioIT* » Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:03 am

:D Hello guys!! it's my first post here... 4 me this website is gr8 because I can see the new season b4 it comes to my Country (Italy). Maybe this episode was less funny than the other ones... especially because I think that there won't be a second part :? : (the next episode's name should be different: "TBA") Anyway SouthPark RULES and tnx to this website for showing all the episodes for free :D The original version in English is MUCH BETTER than the italian one (even if ours is not so bad..,)

CIAO A TUTTI E W SOUTH PARK!!! SPACCA!!! :wink:
superiorsavior

Postby superiorsavior » Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:13 am

I would be SOOOOOOO unhappy if they made no part 2. Hope they change the title soon :S

Glad to see the site's of some help to Italians... us english still can't see the show on TV :s
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Death will take us so don't fight it. Become it and lean to win.
iamthenewcartman

Postby iamthenewcartman » Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:39 am

disappointing i thought it was gonna be a big one. i think they're pulling an imaginationland. meaning another episode to follow will enlighten us on what this all means or possibly making it more funny.
problematique

Postby problematique » Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:44 am

I didn't read all the posts, but in case nobody mentioned it, I'm pretty sure the first part of the episode is spoofing Quarantine. I'm just guessing, to be honest, because I haven't actually seen the movie and I don't think anyone has.. but this was my first guess when they had to 'quarantine' the peruvian flute bands.

Also, the part with the handheld video camera was awesome. I laughed so hard.

[Edit: Even if it was spoofing Quarantine in the first half, the second half was much funnier spoofing Cloverfield.. but I think the idea was to spoof "Recent movies that were supposed to be filmed with a handheld video camera". I'm half-hoping they don't continue it because I want to see a halloween episode next week. ;\ ]
kaltam

Postby kaltam » Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:49 am

awww man .... feel a little cheated by that ep. I hope sp doesn't just keep spoofing stuff. 1209 was great, i want more of that original humor.
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:30 am

whatthejew wrote:
Nyarlotep wrote:I´m the only one that thinks all this episode is some kind of reference to the economic crisis in the last weeks?....

Nooo. I think it had to do with that...as well as everything we've done the past eight years concerning American foreign policy.
The entire world is in an economic crisis, not just America, so do we help other countries, or just help ourselves?
Nah, we help other countries TO help ourselves.
Basic idea of the War on Terror, in Afghanistan, Iraq, etc., etc.
I think it's basically parodying America's involvement in...everything.
Which is why I don't get people who say South Park isn't doing satire...
xD

To be honest guys, Trey writes these episodes within a week. Your theories are grand stretches to say the least, and everytime a commentary track comes out it disproves theories like these. Ever since I joined in season eight, there have been episodes with little in the way of politics/satire that have come out and are just self-contained plots with some parodies and references thrown in. Then when that season comes out on DVD and you go to the track- well, you find out what does inspire them for some episodes and less often than you'd think are stories like this secret messages.

In other words, if a theory is too much of a stretch, then it likely isn't true. This episode seems far more like Quarantine, Harold and Kumar, and Cloverfield. And sometimes guys, that is all it is,
That's how it's down here on the farm!
TheLoo

Postby TheLoo » Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:48 am

This episode made my day.
witchmaster5000

Postby witchmaster5000 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:51 am

IT STINKS!!! Bring back Chefs Mom as the school cook, and Chefs Dad as the new school security Guard to fill Chefs void to give advice. You can get a few story lines out of that if your running out of ideas. I can't take a second part of this show, it was BAD!!! What are they gonna do now, come back from Peru with a 500 foot mouse trap to save the town??? Or are we gonna have a Pied Piper thing where the bands lead the rodents out of town. Come on you guys can do so much better than this.
stevenmctowelee

Postby stevenmctowelee » Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:07 am

Alright... I might be completely off... but could this sh*t all be like a political message? Like.. the peruvian flute bands are.... maybe republicans? And everyone wants to get rid of them, but then they're gone and it seems good, but the "guinea pigs" (democrats? or obama or something) start f*cking sh*t up way worse than the "harmless" flute bands (republicans). I dont know, watch it again and let me know what you think...

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”