*1210: Pandemic* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

MCkormick2

Re: *1210: Pandemic* Post-Air Discussion

Postby MCkormick2 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:13 am

Funny stuff. Craig really reminded everyone what South Park is all about. I'm trying not to get too excited because I'm afraid it might go back to low quality episodes, but this one was a winner. Guinea pigs are awesome, the monster was awesome, the boys getting into an adventure was a cool setting. I think these "epic" episodes are becoming funnier than one-shots about Cartman and Butters interacting.

Well, I was expecting someone to mention the economic crisis, but, I was pleasantly surprised. This episode doesn't seem to be politically minded. I hope no Peruvians get offended.

By the way, nice throwback to the previous episode with the line about one of their friends being raped in Peru. Sorry, Indiana Jones.

Let's see how it turns out...unless we have a Terrance and Phillip special again (yup, old joke).
This is not a sig.
zjones

Postby zjones » Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:29 am

I got kind of nostalgic watching this because they got a lil silly with it in the end. (at least that's what i think so far)

What I love most is that they reflect the reality of how american people react to different situations and make it funny as heck. Like the tourists or Peruvian customers commenting the music 'ahh so cultural' lol.

I definitely thought of 'quarantine' because I just watched it last weekend and I wanted to kill homechic, but Trey made fun of her for me with Randy =). Thanx Guys!

That's what you get for wanting to just 'keep on rolling!' XD

- And i was thinking it was a politically minded ep (if thats the proper term) at first...but they didnt really dwell.. and I know they are not afraid to go there if they wanted to, but in this ep it was just a sprinkle here and there.. Nothing like Douche and Turd hehehehe..
Dark Wizard

Postby Dark Wizard » Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:44 am

it was lame. Horrible episode. Peruvian Flute band? WTF? You kidding me? We have gone from "Respect my authority!" to Peruvian flute bands?

We should all be outraged. I've been watching the show since I was 13, and this is the crap they give us?

TBH I don't care about craig. I want them to go back to it being a "small mountain town" not having homeland security or the military in every episode!!!

WTF happened to barbrady? replaced by those unfunny cops

Jimbo and Ned? Hardly mentioned

Garrison? Man they screwed that character. He is never mentioned anymore

I mean furry animals? you serious? That wasn't funny at all.

I give it a 2/10, only because I laughed when Cartman was yelling at the other bands in spanish and craig's little "You guys are assh*les" at the end. One of the worst episodes I have seen

remember...RESPECT MY AUTHORITY!
remember..OMG THEY KILLED KENNY!
REMEMBER...HOW WOULD YOU LIKE TO SUCK MY BALLS?! or MY POT PIE!

Horrible....we have been reduced to Peruvian flute bands...
BigCamera4892

Postby BigCamera4892 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:59 am

Dark Wizard wrote:it was lame. Horrible episode. Peruvian Flute band? WTF? You kidding me? We have gone from "Respect my authority!" to Peruvian flute bands?

We should all be outraged. I've been watching the show since I was 13, and this is the crap they give us?

TBH I don't care about craig. I want them to go back to it being a "small mountain town" not having homeland security or the military in every episode!!!

WTF happened to barbrady? replaced by those unfunny cops

Jimbo and Ned? Hardly mentioned

Garrison? Man they screwed that character. He is never mentioned anymore

I mean furry animals? you serious? That wasn't funny at all.

I give it a 2/10, only because I laughed when Cartman was yelling at the other bands in spanish and craig's little "You guys are assh*les" at the end. One of the worst episodes I have seen

remember...RESPECT MY AUTHORITY!
remember..OMG THEY KILLED KENNY!
REMEMBER...HOW WOULD YOU LIKE TO SUCK MY BALLS?! or MY POT PIE!

Horrible....we have been reduced to Peruvian flute bands...

Mr. Garrison was in this episode (1210): He was telling Randy Marsh that "they're everywhere!" Garrison is seen on Randy's Video Camera.

And Garrison was key in episode 1207 (Super Fun Time) (Butters: Teacher, my partner is on the bus!); and 1209 last week (Breast Cancer Show Ever). Whose desk do you think Cartman made on?

But my question: Did anyone notice when Stan was first telling the boys his idea about the Peruvian Flute Band, that the voice of Cartman was too deep for Cartman and actually sounded a lot like Craig's voice (episode player time index 02:32 where Cartman says the one-liner: "So?" ??? And when the boys asked Craig for his Grandmother's money, Cartman's voice was unusually high (I think) in order to contrast it with the deeper Craig voice? I heard it. Anyone else? :cartmanhappy: vs. :craig:
Shark131

Postby Shark131 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:35 am

I enjoyed it.
Hamsters

Postby Hamsters » Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:11 am

Craig's commentary throughout the episode made it funny enough.

The outdoor mall looks like the 29th street promenade in Boulder.
Tmonster26

Postby Tmonster26 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:14 am

i thought it was funny. but i always enjoy all the episodes. because it's just south park. they don't have to make sense. but i DID laugh at the whole idea of this episode. it was great.

to me, south park can do no wrong. :P
EliteCrusader

Postby EliteCrusader » Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:26 am

Terrible episode. It's definitely in the bottom 5 of all-time.
jorge del mal

Postby jorge del mal » Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:50 am

im peruvian and i really love my culture but i dont wear those colorful mantles. i havent been to the US but i can communicate in english, i guess :wink: . however its always funny the way south park presents the american thoughts. is there a second part of the episode??
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:52 am

jorge del mal wrote:is there a second part of the episode??

We don't know yet. We usually get new info on Sunday night, so we'll know then.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
haWendybeatupCartman

Postby haWendybeatupCartman » Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:53 am

you have got to be kidding me. that was the least funny SP episode i have ever seen. and thers a sequel? how can they make a sequel to crap? and peruvians are cool peeps idk y they were straight hating on them.
szekzoli

Postby szekzoli » Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:03 am

mrs. vulmer

Postby mrs. vulmer » Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:10 am

Hey all. I used to post on this board a few years ago under the name luxurious. I'm sure everyone cares right? On to this episode discussion:

I enjoyed the episode. Sure, it paled in comparison to last week's episode Breast Cancer show ever but this episode kept me entertained. It was most definitely far from the best but better than crap like Britney's New Look and the first episode of this run (when Carmtnan gets paranoid of the Chinese).

I'm just hoping that the sequel to this episode doesn't disappoint. When I was watching the episode I kept hoping that it would lead to something hilarious so maybe the sequel will deliver that.

The story line itself was ok but it was Cartman's parts that had me rolling. Like when he told the authorities that they weren't guilty and not a band and one reason was because they were white. Also rolled when Craig was talking smack and Cartman said 'there's just no talking to this guy', and 'Craig you're being extremely negative'. Another funny part is when the boys go to get Craig's money and Cartman invites Craig into his OWN house to negotiate and uses other bits of pyschology on Craig.

So yeah, even if an episode isn't strong, if there are some hilarious Cartman moments then I'm still good.

Oop need to add that also loved the when the parents' told Craig's parents that Craig was a bad influence on the boys, LOL. And all the while Randy was taping it. Maybe Randy will put it on youtube. Also love how Randy filmed everything--even when something scary was happening...'I'm so startled'. lol

But yeah I agree that giant guinea pigs or whatever aren't that funny so let's hope that the sequel explains everything in a hilarious way.
Last edited by mrs. vulmer on Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
gardian47

Postby gardian47 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:17 am

I think you guys are overanalyzing this episode too much. I'm willing to bet there won't be a 2nd part to this episode simply becaues of the movies it was parodying. Cloverfield ended with such a "wtf, this isnt an ending" that it would make sense for the southpark episode to end the same way.
ibismojo

Postby ibismojo » Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:02 am

Why is it that the American Flag was animated correctly on planes and helicopters but not on the soilders uniform? They had it on the wrong way on the uniform....on the right side, the stars are to be in front, not behind.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”