*1211: Pandemic 2 - The Startling* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Amrryn

Re: *1211: Pandemic 2 - The Startling* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Amrryn » Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:10 pm

"Check out them apples!"

LOL...

This episode was pretty good! The little guinea pigs all dressed up were way too cute!

And the shot where in the store where Randy moves his camera around unnecessarily was just perfect!

Craig's narration was awesome <3

I wish they would have explored that cool water cave thing though. Craig ruined that!

So far so good...

:wink:
Last edited by Amrryn on Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tonedead

Postby tonedead » Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:10 pm

alot of people seem to be complaining so im finally making a post.

season 12 so far has been alot better than i had hoped. personally i thought season 11 was overall a poor season, sure there were a few good episodes but they were all in the first half, the second half was just a huge letdown. but season 12 has been overall great, with the exception of britneys new look, and dont understand the hate its getting. i dont like multipart episodes but this one did just fine by me (craig really made it awesome). the second half of 12 has been alot better so far than the second halves of 10 or 11. if i must make a complaint i thought that the second half of breast cancer show couldve been alot better and really did feel like it was dragging on by the end.

but i just have to say that im alot happier with the new season than 11, i was really worried after 11 but 12 has made that fear go away.

and i really wonder what they are going to do next week for the big election, seriously both canidates need a good and proper parody. so far every parody of them that people have done has been so sided left or right that i cant find them funny. i really hope that trey and matt give them both the treatment they deserve.
muterlater

Postby muterlater » Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:36 pm

JPus119 wrote:This episode motivated me to create an account here.

I must say I was disappointed with this two-parter. I didn't laugh at all, as I thought it was a little too stupid to be funny. The open ending suggests this guinea pig theme to continue - I hope it doesn't.

I'm glad the majority of you got something out of it. I anxiously await the next episode, hoping to laugh next time.

To each his/her own.

Totally had the same feeling, didnt laugh for a second. This season is just plain sh*t so far.
tonedead

Postby tonedead » Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:48 pm

JPus119 wrote:
Totally had the same feeling, didnt laugh for a second. This season is just plain sh*t so far.

comon, this season is so much better than 11.
germanguyII

Postby germanguyII » Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:53 pm

I need every single picture of any guinea pig in this episode

NEED IT!
WANT IT!
And a "making of!" please.
Are those costumes fore sale?
I have two rabbits - does that count?
Who made them costumes?

Pl0x: for Christmas!

:santa: :santa:
pdfsmail

Postby pdfsmail » Thu Oct 30, 2008 12:58 pm

Hmmmm... welll good and bad... i think the craigs complaining was a little overboard... then the climax at the end was too short.... but did like plot.
me=a hybrid of Tweek,Butters,Cartman,&Kyle!

GIVING INTO AN EXTREMIST SHOWS WEAKNESS, AND OPENS A DOOR TO FAILURE THIS WILL NOT APPEASE THEIR THREATS.
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:02 pm

JPus119 wrote:This episode motivated me to create an account here.

I must say I was disappointed with this two-parter. I didn't laugh at all, as I thought it was a little too stupid to be funny. The open ending suggests this guinea pig theme to continue - I hope it doesn't.

I'm glad the majority of you got something out of it. I anxiously await the next episode, hoping to laugh next time.

To each his/her own.

Why can't more people be like you?
That's how it's down here on the farm!
bastardstepchild

Postby bastardstepchild » Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:08 pm

I was trying to figure out why this episode was so funny, and then it hit me; CRAB PEOPLE!!! You can't always have a crab people moment in South Park, but when you do, it is one of the most beautifully lame things there is; and crappily-superimposing guinea pigs in an episode, only to turn around and dress them up as bees, dinsoaurs, pirates, and convicts is about as crab people as you can get. This episode had me damn near crying with laughter.
dorkjackson

Postby dorkjackson » Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:18 pm

I really liked this episode, but then again I was one of the few who actually enjoyed Part 1. I was glad it wasn't a 3 parter as I couldn't have imagined that the story could be stretched any further than 2 parts. All the boys played a sizable part, and Craig's genuine disinterest in the plot greatly amused me, and the guinea pigs were SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO cute! Keep up this standard fellas.

9/10
r41n

Postby r41n » Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:35 pm

Okay... *please* tell me there's not gonna be a part 3 to this thing. That would be way too... lame.

The first half was decent, really. But the second one? I didn't laugh. Not once. I didn't even chuckle. This whole thing was just... plain stupid, and a huge disappointment. The "Wave to the camera, Shelly!" line was just redundant, and what's with the guinea pigs in costumes?

South Park episodes used to be way more funny and way more *intelligent* (Over-Logging and Make Love, not Warcraft, for instance, were brilliant in that they were funny AND had a point). This two-parter had no point at all. Big fail, you guys. Big fail.
PorterinMaine

Postby PorterinMaine » Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:53 pm

in the first episode of pandemic why did the other parents tell Craigs parents he had problems? What were his problems? Maybe i missed it.
T2 R8, ME. For life.
cromlis

Postby cromlis » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:09 pm

funny episode, the guinea pigs were hilarious. and so was randy.

some people on this site don't seem to like any episodes and i keep seeing "sp is going downhill" and "it should be cancelled." i could understand if someone doesnt like one episode, but if u really feel the show is that bad then just go away and dont watch it. the show isn't gonna change just cause you want it to.

oh yeah and btw, i thought for sure that the head of homeland security guy was gonna turn into a crab person lol..
Last edited by cromlis on Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
r41n

Postby r41n » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:11 pm

cromlis wrote:funny episode, the guinea pigs were hilarious. and so was randy.

some people on this site don't seem to like any episodes and i keep seeing "sp is going downhill" and "it should be cancelled." i could understand if someone doesnt like one episode, but if u really feel it's that bad then just go away and dont watch it. the show isn't gonna change just cause you want it to.

Aren't people actually *supposed* to like a show for it to keep going?

Fans have the right to express their opinions. You have the right to not read them if you disagree; telling people to suck it up is just immature.
cromlis

Postby cromlis » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:15 pm

r41n wrote:
cromlis wrote:funny episode, the guinea pigs were hilarious. and so was randy.

some people on this site don't seem to like any episodes and i keep seeing "sp is going downhill" and "it should be cancelled." i could understand if someone doesnt like one episode, but if u really feel it's that bad then just go away and dont watch it. the show isn't gonna change just cause you want it to.

Aren't people actually *supposed* to like a show for it to keep going?

Fans have the right to express their opinions. You have the right to not read them if you disagree; telling people to suck it up is just immature.

As I said if someone doesn't like one episode or a few then that's fine, I've criticized plenty of episodes myself. But if someone thinks the show is so bad that it should be canceled then they should go away and stop watching. I don't think you lump into that group, i'm talking about some of the other posters on here.
sublime90

Postby sublime90 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:24 pm

oh no its guinea bee's!!!!!!!! i liked it, the first part was kind of boring but this episode was well done. i find craig really annoying and i also laughed when kyle freaked out about going to peru and stan said "our friend was raped there" that was awesome. funny watching the guinea pigs killing people to. reminded me of the cats and sharks from team america lol

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”