*1211: Pandemic 2 - The Startling* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Edge Rated R
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:41 am

Re: *1211: Pandemic 2 - The Startling* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Edge Rated R » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:42 pm

one of the worst episodes ever. i dont know where to begin. first of all, nothing was funny, there were no funny quotes, craig for some reason has been changed from the middle-finger badass guy to a wussy. the boys were like stunts, they didnt do anything interesting as they used to, the whole cloverfield thing with randy was old and last but not least, the monsters (yeah right!!!) were retarded. how can matt and trey just put a couple of costumes to a guinea pig and pretend to be funny? they werent even moving.
BTW i cant believe that theres going to be a 3rd sequel. isnt this torture enough? it seems that trey and matt are really taking a shortcut and an excuse not to be creative anymore.
season 12 sucks
guinea pig suck
randy sucks
cartman (of 12 season) sucks
Aids Burger
Posts: 39
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2008 9:13 pm

Re: *1211: Pandemic 2 - The Startling* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Aids Burger » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:59 pm

Craig bores me, I was hoping he'd get killed off during this episode.
stanmarshh
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:59 pm

Re: *1211: Pandemic 2 - The Startling* Post-Air Discussion

Postby stanmarshh » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:23 pm

Cattivo wrote:Probably the worst ep since a Million Little Fibers or that Lice one.

I've liked the rest of the season, but these two were just boring and fell flat.

Here's hoping they end the season better than this.

4/10.


I agree bout your worst episodes. =]
republocrat23
Posts: 129
Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2008 1:16 am

Re: *1211: Pandemic 2 - The Startling* Post-Air Discussion

Postby republocrat23 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:26 pm

Aids Burger wrote:Craig bores me, I was hoping he'd get killed off during this episode.


I was hoping everyone would get killed off this episode, especially kenny. After he was so close on super phun time I've been waiting...
CAN!ada91
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:34 am

Re: *1211: Pandemic 2 - The Startling* Post-Air Discussion

Postby CAN!ada91 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:26 pm

to those who actually think theres a part 3: there isn't, obviously. Its a way to end the episode while still being funny to have him "escape" (aka, the thing where the boys "learns their lesson" and things go back to normal, in this case, going back to normal is having ridiculous situations always happening), although I think the best ending might have been the kids as the mariachi band walking away from Craigs House complaining and finding the next stupid adventure down the street :) Although I did want to see the guinea pig one more time. Just it seemed sorta weak tacked on like that.

It even said in the press release that it was the final part. While thats not set in stone based on the press release, still, come on. No way theres another part. Its concluded. Everything about the rhythm of the episode suggests that. I'm really surprised you didn't figure that out.

btw I really like your avatar stanmarshh (not soley for the ah taaah :)
Van W.
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:53 pm

Re: *1211: Pandemic 2 - The Startling* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Van W. » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:36 pm

The squeal was better than the first one but pandemic one was still pretty good :lol:
Mr Ellen
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:05 am

Re: *1211: Pandemic 2 - The Startling* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Mr Ellen » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:39 pm

Really liked it.
Very well done episode that contains an actual issue.
I like the way how actual issues being packed in a subliminal,metaphorical way.
Even if you dont laugh your ass of like some think South Park is all about.
Just watch Family Guy if you want mindless jokes one after another. Well, that can be funny too.
But I think after over 11 years, South Park never lost its quality, it improved.
Keep on rockin Trey and Matt!
whatthejew
Posts: 230
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:44 pm

Re: *1211: Pandemic 2 - The Startling* Post-Air Discussion

Postby whatthejew » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:41 pm

Aids Burger wrote:Craig bores me, I was hoping he'd get killed off during this episode.


Aw, but I love Craig. D:
Fanfiction account. | Myspace account. | MyAnimeList account.
Much easier to get to know me at one of those.
Also I love Kyle, no pedo, okay, maybe some.
AnalProbe
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:58 am

Re: *1211: Pandemic 2 - The Startling* Post-Air Discussion

Postby AnalProbe » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:43 pm

Pandemic 2 definately lived up to the expectations I had after watching the first part. It was awful. Nothing really happened throughout the episode. The action is just circling between the boys wandering the jungle and Randy running around with his camera. And then there's the "I am not playing, guys" pose of Craig, who's constantly stating the obvoius. Oh, and Randy forgot to put the tape in. That was unexpected.

"Wait till you see the next episode. I heard that they're gonna show guinea pigs...wearing hats! Let me tell you, that Graig is a f*cking genius."
Told you.
ForrestFire101
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:35 pm

eh...

Postby ForrestFire101 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:44 pm

i liked the episodes. the only two things i would have changed is to kill of craig because hes really really annoying, and to actually have bees and spiders and rats, instaed of giane pigs just dressed like them. other than that pretty good :parishilton:
Billistic
Posts: 82
Joined: Mon May 08, 2006 11:12 pm

Re: *1211: Pandemic 2 - The Startling* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Billistic » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:59 pm

whatthejew wrote:
Billistic wrote:The whole episode ends up becoming some cutesy play up to all the chicks that watch the show.


Excuse me?
To all the chicks that watch the show?
Now first off, I'm not a feminist, I'm totally fine with sex roles, I get that there are differences between males and females and we like different things.
But excuse me?
I didn't once 'aw' at the guinea pigs, I laughed at them because they looked so absurd and it was surreal that they were causing so much horror around the world when they were guinea pigs dressed up in costumes.
It was not cutesy and certainly not for, as you so intelligently put it, 'all the chicks that watch the show.'
And you know, sorry I liked these episodes and sorry I liked The China Probrem as well.
Has it ever occured to you that some people have a different sense of humor than you?
I don't laugh at everything on South Park, but just because I don't think it's funny doesn't mean it's not funny at all. Different people find different things funny and they aren't '12 year olds or major lamers' just because they don't agree with you.
You should learn to respect other people's opinions on something.
I can respect that you didn't like the episode, but you don't have to be so rude about it.



Oh I understand people have a different sense of humor than I do, but that doesn't make the episode good/funny. Just because people have poor taste doesn't mean the show should suck because morons who watch the show still think it's funny.

"Hahaha, the sarcastic jokes Craig kept saying were hilarious!"


THOSE WEREN'T JOKES HE WAS JUST BEING SARCASTIC!

That's the problem, anyone here who rates these past few episodes, Indiana Jones, China and these last two anything over a 4 has no taste and should stop giving their rating.

What if someone who works at south park studios saw their messages and thought "Oh people love the mindless crap I wrote while I was on the can sunday night! I guess i can get really lax and bang out crappy crap all the live long day"

Then real fans like me who know Tweek's name is spelled Tweek and not "Tweeg" and who know what a quality episode is have to suffer.

The season's almost over and the most recent episodes just make me depressed.

Like what the hell happened? South Park is all about the boys getting in way way way over their heads. The China episode had a good premise to start, Cartman is scared of the Chinese taking over so he wants to take them on.

If the episode were written well he would've gone into P.F. Chang's and started sh*t up, the media would've caught wind of it and more people from all over the country would've gathered at the PF Chang's to get an army going to go fight China and on and on from there.

Instead it became Butters shooting guys in the crotch. Wow. Pathetic.

I guess the point is, if I'm not hard on the tools that come on here and voice their "opinion" they'll never reflect on the fact that they don't have any taste and maybe they should get some. Then maybe we wouldn't have to suffer these crappy episodes, or hmmm MOVIES LIKE INDIANA JONES AND THE CRYSTAL SKULLS, BOY GOD FORBID THESE PEOPLE HAD SOME TASTE SO WHEN THEY WALK INTO MARKET RESEARCH ROOMS TO MAKE THEIR 40 BUCKS THEY DON'T MAKE THE MOVIE SUCK OR CHANGE THE CHARACTER TO SOMEONE WITH A HUGE SET OF TITS JUST BECAUSE THEY "LIKE TITS"

And how can you say the guinea pigs weren't meant to be cute and only to be laughed at? Did you see how the crew dressed them? You don't think they were aiming for some cute factor? Just because you laughed at the absurdity doesn't mean 99% other females didn't say "aw" so what's your bloody point?

In closing, I can't respect bad opinions because if I do then I have to put up with them and then I have to deal with them and their effects on things that I enjoy and other people like me who have taste suffer.
whatthejew
Posts: 230
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:44 pm

Re: *1211: Pandemic 2 - The Startling* Post-Air Discussion

Postby whatthejew » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:12 pm

Billistic wrote:
whatthejew wrote:
Billistic wrote:The whole episode ends up becoming some cutesy play up to all the chicks that watch the show.


Excuse me?
To all the chicks that watch the show?
Now first off, I'm not a feminist, I'm totally fine with sex roles, I get that there are differences between males and females and we like different things.
But excuse me?
I didn't once 'aw' at the guinea pigs, I laughed at them because they looked so absurd and it was surreal that they were causing so much horror around the world when they were guinea pigs dressed up in costumes.
It was not cutesy and certainly not for, as you so intelligently put it, 'all the chicks that watch the show.'
And you know, sorry I liked these episodes and sorry I liked The China Probrem as well.
Has it ever occured to you that some people have a different sense of humor than you?
I don't laugh at everything on South Park, but just because I don't think it's funny doesn't mean it's not funny at all. Different people find different things funny and they aren't '12 year olds or major lamers' just because they don't agree with you.
You should learn to respect other people's opinions on something.
I can respect that you didn't like the episode, but you don't have to be so rude about it.



Oh I understand people have a different sense of humor than I do, but that doesn't make the episode good/funny. Just because people have poor taste doesn't mean the show should suck because morons who watch the show still think it's funny.

"Hahaha, the sarcastic jokes Craig kept saying were hilarious!"


THOSE WEREN'T JOKES HE WAS JUST BEING SARCASTIC!

That's the problem, anyone here who rates these past few episodes, Indiana Jones, China and these last two anything over a 4 has no taste and should stop giving their rating.

What if someone who works at south park studios saw their messages and thought "Oh people love the mindless crap I wrote while I was on the can sunday night! I guess i can get really lax and bang out crappy crap all the live long day"

Then real fans like me who know Tweek's name is spelled Tweek and not "Tweeg" and who know what a quality episode is have to suffer.

The season's almost over and the most recent episodes just make me depressed.

Like what the hell happened? South Park is all about the boys getting in way way way over their heads. The China episode had a good premise to start, Cartman is scared of the Chinese taking over so he wants to take them on.

If the episode were written well he would've gone into P.F. Chang's and started sh*t up, the media would've caught wind of it and more people from all over the country would've gathered at the PF Chang's to get an army going to go fight China and on and on from there.

Instead it became Butters shooting guys in the crotch. Wow. Pathetic.

I guess the point is, if I'm not hard on the tools that come on here and voice their "opinion" they'll never reflect on the fact that they don't have any taste and maybe they should get some. Then maybe we wouldn't have to suffer these crappy episodes, or hmmm MOVIES LIKE INDIANA JONES AND THE CRYSTAL SKULLS, BOY GOD FORBID THESE PEOPLE HAD SOME TASTE SO WHEN THEY WALK INTO MARKET RESEARCH ROOMS TO MAKE THEIR 40 BUCKS THEY DON'T MAKE THE MOVIE SUCK OR CHANGE THE CHARACTER TO SOMEONE WITH A HUGE SET OF TITS JUST BECAUSE THEY "LIKE TITS"

And how can you say the guinea pigs weren't meant to be cute and only to be laughed at? Did you see how the crew dressed them? You don't think they were aiming for some cute factor? Just because you laughed at the absurdity doesn't mean 99% other females didn't say "aw" so what's your bloody point?

In closing, I can't respect bad opinions because if I do then I have to put up with them and then I have to deal with them and their effects on things that I enjoy and other people like me who have taste suffer.


You just proved my point. You said several times that people who like these episodes have poor taste in humor. Why? They don't have a poor taste in humor, they just happen to have a different sense of humor than you. I'm not calling your sense of humor poor, just different. We have two different senses of humor, okay, nothing wrong with that. Neither of us have a bad one, at least I don't think so.

I can respect, totally, that you did not like these episodes. So please be respectful to people who did not like them and stop saying they have a poor sense of humor. Once again, it's nothing more than a matter of opinion on what's funny and there's nothing wrong with that.

I didn't say the guinea pigs weren't meant to be cute, anyway, I was just a bit put off by the whole 'they were just a cutesy play up to all the chicks' comment you made. That's a bit demeaning and I don't think that was the point of them anyway. Yes, I'm sure some girls thought they were cute and I'm sure some guys did too, the whole 'chicks' comment was rather rude and that was all I was referring to.

Once again, you're being rude and not respecting opinions. Just because someone doesn't share your opinion that doesn't make it 'bad' and it doesn't mean you have better taste than them. I'm sure you have a good sense of humor that just so happens to be different from mine and other people's, and, let me repeat: I respect that. So why can't you accept that people have a different sense of humor from you and that that does not mean they have a bad sense of humor?
Fanfiction account. | Myspace account. | MyAnimeList account.
Much easier to get to know me at one of those.
Also I love Kyle, no pedo, okay, maybe some.
superiorsavior
Posts: 4261
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:05 pm

Re: *1211: Pandemic 2 - The Startling* Post-Air Discussion

Postby superiorsavior » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:30 pm

The ending was basically a rehash of the ending of Mecca Streisand, which was a funnier version of this episode. At least they kept political messages out of the show this time.

I can also see that different people have different senses of humour; just as it's impossible to proove one sense of beauty is worse than another persons, it's impossible to proove that one person's sense of humour is worse than another persons. The episode may appeal to people of very different senses of humour or it may appeal to just one kind of person, which is one way of objectivly assessing it. I'd say that some kinds of humour are less comedable than others though, as they're either easier to produce, the audience for that kind of humour may be easier to please, there may be less layers of humour, or it might be less intelligent or in charactar.

The guinea pigs were an attempt at ABSURDIST humour, the kind which charactarised the early (supirior in my mind) episodes. They were not an 'appeal to cute.' Butters is an appeal to cute, or rather he would be if he won. The guinea pigs being treated as dangerous when clearly they wern't was a play on recent episodes in which people OVER-REACT to things that arn't dangerous, a play on the situation because, in this case, the guinea pigs WERE dangerous.

THOSE WEREN'T JOKES HE WAS JUST BEING SARCASTIC!
I have to agree. It was in charactar, which makes things funnier, and it carried on LOOOOONG after you'd expect it to stop (two episodes!) so it was funnier than it could have been, but sarcasm is a very low form of humour.

South Park is all about the boys getting in way way way over their heads.
Correction, south park is about whatever Matt and Trey want it to be about. It's constantly changing. In the OLD seasons, it was about some fairly laid-back kids with 'normal' reactions (kids we could identify with) in an extremilly chaotic and absurd world;it's evolved into a show about a perfectly ordinary world people take to be absurdly dangerous. This episode was a return to OLD form. They did get in way over their heads :p

if I'm not hard on the tools that come on here and voice their "opinion" they'll never reflect on the fact that they don't have any taste and maybe they should get some

Of course, the same could be said of your tastes :p SERIOUSLY, it's like you WANTED them to do the indianna jones parrody!
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Death will take us so don't fight it. Become it and lean to win.
RespektMaAuthoritah
Posts: 148
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:32 am

Re: *1211: Pandemic 2 - The Startling* Post-Air Discussion

Postby RespektMaAuthoritah » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:39 pm

Ahh, can all of the people having the back and forth thing just kind of shut the f*ck up?

Anyway, pretty awesome episode, though I felt like it was wrapped up kind of quickly. Though I'm sure Matt and Trey did that so it's NOT a three parter.
Don't get me wrong, great series, and a perfect time for a "startling" episode (f*cking Holloween man!) but come on, 3 out of 4 episodes working on one plot, lame so they kept it as two.
So earlier I saw people discussing the whole storyline thing; so if I can just throw my opinion into there. I think you need to get the Cloverfield parody out of your head. They wanted to make a "startling" episode for Halloween, they wanted to add some kind of twist, so they just chose to throw a little Cloverfield into there, mostly because Cloverfield was so ridiculous it was funny. But don't think of it as a whole as a Cloverfield parody, it was just a little Cloverfield-ness thrown in for the lulz.
And yes, I think the old plotlines like Mecha-Streisand and An Elephant F*cks a Pig are rad. But when a show gets big, you have some fans who want retarded things like that (me), some fans who want things political like in the ninth season (it was good until it got SUPER preachy), and some fans who want things like this. So the only way to keep everyone happy is to split between the three.
Anyway, cool episode, great work Matt and Trey and all the rest, 9/10.
By the way we need moar Jesusth Christh! Where's Mr. Slave, Garrison is gay again, bring him back! ARG!
WHORE OFF! :parishilton:
BhuckMorrisRHK2TDP
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:02 am

Re: *1211: Pandemic 2 - The Startling* Post-Air Discussion

Postby BhuckMorrisRHK2TDP » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:58 pm

I thought that sh*t was funny. the bee costumes and guinea pirate were hilarious. the bee noise they made really had me thinkin there were giant bees and then it shows guinea bee, awesome. i think it was makin fun of the mist as well as cloverfield, both terrible movies by the way. If that was the holloween episode then weak, i wanted another holloween like season one or three. ya'll super hardcore fans need to chill the f#ck out and let matt n trey do therr thing, quit being a negative nancy, unless u want everyone from now on to call u nancy.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests