*1211: Pandemic 2 - The Startling* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Pure_Comedy16
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:22 am

Re: *1211: Pandemic 2 - The Startling* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Pure_Comedy16 » Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:02 am

Wow that was an awesome episode and i loved randy and the camera once again even though he was being a artard lol i wonder will there be a part 3.

...Who knows?
gamboholic
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:56 pm

Re: *1211: Pandemic 2 - The Startling* Post-Air Discussion

Postby gamboholic » Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:11 am

EPIC FAIL :( :(

what is funny about guinea pigs or them dressed as bunnies and bees?

randy is one of the best on the show and they totally did his character injustice in these last 2 episodes..... I put this and the last one in the bottom 10.
whatthejew
Posts: 230
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:44 pm

Re: *1211: Pandemic 2 - The Startling* Post-Air Discussion

Postby whatthejew » Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:26 am

RespektMaAuthoritah wrote:Ahh, can all of the people having the back and forth thing just kind of shut the f*ck up?


Maybe.
I'm too argumentative, I know.
Sorry about that.
;____;
Fanfiction account. | Myspace account. | MyAnimeList account.
Much easier to get to know me at one of those.
Also I love Kyle, no pedo, okay, maybe some.
jewish pride
Posts: 1534
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:11 am

Re: *1211: Pandemic 2 - The Startling* Post-Air Discussion

Postby jewish pride » Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:34 am

whatthejew wrote:
RespektMaAuthoritah wrote:Ahh, can all of the people having the back and forth thing just kind of shut the f*ck up?


Maybe.
I'm too argumentative, I know.
Sorry about that.
;____;

ppffff f*ck that, i hate ppl who cant for the life of them make a more than 3 lines post, probably because they really dont have anything smart to say
i also think that its way more fun to discuss opinions and ideas rather than just post ur sh*t and dont read anything else, thats boring dude

besides somebody's gotta shut the negative nancies and bitches that seem to be particularly active lately up

the episode was not awesome (imo) but dude there's no way it was actually bad, ppl keep expecting awesomeness, thats why they go on being dissapointed, its very stupid really...
ezzulus
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

Re: *1211: Pandemic 2 - The Startling* Post-Air Discussion

Postby ezzulus » Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:45 am

That was one of the worst episodes of all-time, made worse by the fact that it was two-part. C'mon guys...I expect a big comeback next week.
whatthejew
Posts: 230
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:44 pm

Re: *1211: Pandemic 2 - The Startling* Post-Air Discussion

Postby whatthejew » Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:51 am

jewish pride wrote:
whatthejew wrote:
RespektMaAuthoritah wrote:Ahh, can all of the people having the back and forth thing just kind of shut the f*ck up?


Maybe.
I'm too argumentative, I know.
Sorry about that.
;____;

ppffff f*ck that, i hate ppl who cant for the life of them make a more than 3 lines post, probably because they really dont have anything smart to say
i also think that its way more fun to discuss opinions and ideas rather than just post ur sh*t and dont read anything else, thats boring dude

besides somebody's gotta shut the negative nancies and bitches that seem to be particularly active lately up

the episode was not awesome (imo) but dude there's no way it was actually bad, ppl keep expecting awesomeness, thats why they go on being dissapointed, its very stupid really...


True, true, I do like to discuss opinions more than just posting my own.

Yeah, I agree. This was not my favorite episode by any stretch of the imagination, but it wasn't bad. At least not in my opinion. I mean, I can respect that someone doesn't like it, but at the same time I feel that people set their expectations way too high and want to see the best episode ever every single week, which just isn't going to happen. I just go into every episode open-minded, just expecting it to be South Park, and if it isn't the best episode ever, oh well, it doesn't have to be.

There are definitely a few episodes that are not my favorites, but I can still appreciate them and respect the fact that other people may, in fact, like those episodes. :3
Fanfiction account. | Myspace account. | MyAnimeList account.
Much easier to get to know me at one of those.
Also I love Kyle, no pedo, okay, maybe some.
Hopliitti
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:40 am

Re: *1211: Pandemic 2 - The Startling* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Hopliitti » Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:02 am

Lol @ expecting the best episode every week. After these recent disasters I've only been hoping for a tolerable one for a while.

But I guess if the SP staff can keep the masses happy by making Cartman crap on a desk and stretching a couple of semi-funny jokes to make two whole episodes... well, all the cheaper for them.

Good job on making Randy the Homer Simpson of South Park. And when I say "good" I'm being sarcastic. Very sarcastic, kind of like Craig. And while I'm at that, I might be even more like Craig and flip you guys off. *Gives the finger* There.

I'm not a negative Nancy, but the show's almost over for good. If the quality doesn't go up (and quick), the season 13 opener will be lucky to get 2/3 of the viewers the last opener did. Quote me.

Pandemic was not funny. I can't believe you fanboys.
rvaen
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2004 10:38 pm

Re: *1211: Pandemic 2 - The Startling* Post-Air Discussion

Postby rvaen » Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:19 am

WTB guineasaurus-rex wallpaper
ShaneHaughey
Posts: 11192
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2004 8:36 pm

Re: *1211: Pandemic 2 - The Startling* Post-Air Discussion

Postby ShaneHaughey » Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:28 am

Hopliitti wrote:Lol @ expecting the best episode every week. After these recent disasters I've only been hoping for a tolerable one for a while.

But I guess if the SP staff can keep the masses happy by making Cartman crap on a desk and stretching a couple of semi-funny jokes to make two whole episodes... well, all the cheaper for them.

Good job on making Randy the Homer Simpson of South Park. And when I say "good" I'm being sarcastic. Very sarcastic, kind of like Craig. And while I'm at that, I might be even more like Craig and flip you guys off. *Gives the finger* There.

I'm not a negative Nancy, but the show's almost over for good. If the quality doesn't go up (and quick), the season 13 opener will be lucky to get 2/3 of the viewers the last opener did. Quote me.

Pandemic was not funny. I can't believe you fanboys.


I like how anyone who likes this episode is a fanboy. You are on the opposite side of the spectrum of the real fanboys who blast people for disliking an episode. Usually I stick up for people like you- mostly because I myself hate a few episodes. However, when you say sh*t that is just as stupid as the fanboys, you lose any credibility you may have gained.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
whatthejew
Posts: 230
Joined: Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:44 pm

Re: *1211: Pandemic 2 - The Startling* Post-Air Discussion

Postby whatthejew » Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:40 am

I would just like to clarify that, in fact, I am a fangirl.

I liked this episode. Maybe it's not my favorite and maybe not everyone likes it, but honestly I don't think there is an episode of South Park that everyone likes. So if you don't like this episode, fine, that's your opinion. But I do like this episode and I don't appreciate being told that that means that my sense of humor is worse than someone else's or that it makes me a mindless fangirl.

I enjoyed this episode and apparently that makes me a 12 year old loser who has bad taste in what's funny?

Right. :/
Fanfiction account. | Myspace account. | MyAnimeList account.
Much easier to get to know me at one of those.
Also I love Kyle, no pedo, okay, maybe some.
superiorsavior
Posts: 4261
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:05 pm

Re: *1211: Pandemic 2 - The Startling* Post-Air Discussion

Postby superiorsavior » Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:52 am

I think this is a more likable episode of south park than most, because I can't immagine any group that could get offended by it... though someone obviously will be :p
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Death will take us so don't fight it. Become it and lean to win.
jewish pride
Posts: 1534
Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:11 am

Re: *1211: Pandemic 2 - The Startling* Post-Air Discussion

Postby jewish pride » Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:20 am

Hopliitti wrote:But I guess if the SP staff can keep the masses happy by making Cartman crap on a desk and stretching a couple of semi-funny jokes to make two whole episodes... well, all the cheaper for them.

I'm not a negative Nancy, but the show's almost over for good. If the quality doesn't go up (and quick), the season 13 opener will be lucky to get 2/3 of the viewers the last opener did. Quote me.

Pandemic was not funny. I can't believe you fanboys.

you say they keep us happy by making cartman crap in the desk? of course they do, just like they kept us happy by making him fart fire in the very first episode, sp will always have that silly stuff that are hilarious along with their smart and biting humor (which has never been lost in sp) that i love so much

sorry but i get a total negative nancy feeling coming from you (having also read a few other posts by you here besides this one), im totally enjoying sp this season and no, im no fanboy (fangirl i would be in any case), i've downloaded almost all sp episodes, the exceptions are a couple of episodes in which i can see perfectly well that sp failed (imo at least), and guess what? none from this season
yes, britney's new look was kind of "meh..." but i still thought it had its charm, the rest were all either good enough or simply awesome
superiorsavior
Posts: 4261
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:05 pm

Re: *1211: Pandemic 2 - The Startling* Post-Air Discussion

Postby superiorsavior » Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:32 am

I wouldn't say this season was particuarly good, it's been by far my least favourite. But it's been looking up the last few episodes, and even if it hadn't been, you can't judge this episode, on how the rest of the season has been. This was an avarage quality episode, not too funny, but not too shabby either, and people shouldn't say it was teh horrible because you don't like the season.
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Death will take us so don't fight it. Become it and lean to win.
witchmaster5000
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:36 am

Re: *1211: Pandemic 2 - The Startling* Post-Air Discussion

Postby witchmaster5000 » Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:48 am

Craig in a line from the show said it best "Nice and Boring"
What an AWFUL 2 shows, Part 1 and 2. PLEASE fire the writers!!!!!
BigCamera4892

Re: *1211: Pandemic 2 - The Startling* Post-Air Discussion

Postby BigCamera4892 » Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:50 am

Billistic wrote:
whatthejew wrote:
Billistic wrote:The whole episode ends up becoming some cutesy play up to all the chicks that watch the show.


Excuse me?
To all the chicks that watch the show?
Now first off, I'm not a feminist, I'm totally fine with sex roles, I get that there are differences between males and females and we like different things.
But excuse me?
I didn't once 'aw' at the guinea pigs, I laughed at them because they looked so absurd and it was surreal that they were causing so much horror around the world when they were guinea pigs dressed up in costumes.
It was not cutesy and certainly not for, as you so intelligently put it, 'all the chicks that watch the show.'
And you know, sorry I liked these episodes and sorry I liked The China Probrem as well.
Has it ever occured to you that some people have a different sense of humor than you?
I don't laugh at everything on South Park, but just because I don't think it's funny doesn't mean it's not funny at all. Different people find different things funny and they aren't '12 year olds or major lamers' just because they don't agree with you.
You should learn to respect other people's opinions on something.
I can respect that you didn't like the episode, but you don't have to be so rude about it.



Oh I understand people have a different sense of humor than I do, but that doesn't make the episode good/funny. Just because people have poor taste doesn't mean the show should suck because morons who watch the show still think it's funny.

"Hahaha, the sarcastic jokes Craig kept saying were hilarious!"


THOSE WEREN'T JOKES HE WAS JUST BEING SARCASTIC!

That's the problem, anyone here who rates these past few episodes, Indiana Jones, China and these last two anything over a 4 has no taste and should stop giving their rating.

What if someone who works at south park studios saw their messages and thought "Oh people love the mindless crap I wrote while I was on the can sunday night! I guess i can get really lax and bang out crappy crap all the live long day"

Then real fans like me who know Tweek's name is spelled Tweek and not "Tweeg" and who know what a quality episode is have to suffer.

The season's almost over and the most recent episodes just make me depressed.

Like what the hell happened? South Park is all about the boys getting in way way way over their heads. The China episode had a good premise to start, Cartman is scared of the Chinese taking over so he wants to take them on.

If the episode were written well he would've gone into P.F. Chang's and started sh*t up, the media would've caught wind of it and more people from all over the country would've gathered at the PF Chang's to get an army going to go fight China and on and on from there.

Instead it became Butters shooting guys in the crotch. Wow. Pathetic.

I guess the point is, if I'm not hard on the tools that come on here and voice their "opinion" they'll never reflect on the fact that they don't have any taste and maybe they should get some. Then maybe we wouldn't have to suffer these crappy episodes, or hmmm MOVIES LIKE INDIANA JONES AND THE CRYSTAL SKULLS, BOY GOD FORBID THESE PEOPLE HAD SOME TASTE SO WHEN THEY WALK INTO MARKET RESEARCH ROOMS TO MAKE THEIR 40 BUCKS THEY DON'T MAKE THE MOVIE SUCK OR CHANGE THE CHARACTER TO SOMEONE WITH A HUGE SET OF TITS JUST BECAUSE THEY "LIKE TITS"

And how can you say the guinea pigs weren't meant to be cute and only to be laughed at? Did you see how the crew dressed them? You don't think they were aiming for some cute factor? Just because you laughed at the absurdity doesn't mean 99% other females didn't say "aw" so what's your bloody point?

In closing, I can't respect bad opinions because if I do then I have to put up with them and then I have to deal with them and their effects on things that I enjoy and other people like me who have taste suffer.


Life is too short -- just say what you mean, and post it. Too much vebiage for most people reading this thread. Like the classic TV Show "Dragnet" (available for viewing EVERYWHERE) main character Sgt. Joe Friday would say:, "Just the facts, ma'am."
:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 2 guests