*1211: Pandemic 2 - The Startling* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

BigCamera4892

Re: *1211: Pandemic 2 - The Startling* Post-Air Discussion

Postby BigCamera4892 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:47 am

Mysta_Rabbit wrote:WTF!?! Why do I always have to wait until East Coast AM to watch the new episode? It says "EPISODE AVAILABLE 10.29.08 SEE YOU THEN!"

Well it's now Hallow's Eve. It already aired in Cali so...

Anyone know at what hour the new episode is usually up?

I am in California (Pacific Time), and it always comes on (the web site) at 10:30 PM or maybe 11:00 PM Pacific Time, after it finishes on Comedy Central. I am guessing (I don't know for sure) that to be fair, and probably due to contract law between Comedy Central and whomever, the web site can't show the new episodes until after 10:30 Pacific, which unfortunately means after 1:30 AM or 2:00 AM Eastern Time, on Thursday morning. Otherwise, we here on the west coast could have access to the episode before it airs here in the west.
BigCamera4892

Postby BigCamera4892 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:58 am

chefwalker wrote:Although I'm sure that many will disagree, this episode was a complete waste of time. For the viewer, the technicians who aired it on Comedy Central, and those who created it. I have always been a big SP fan, but this (and the last episode) sucked. Plain and Simple.
Guinea Pigs??
Peruvian flute bands?
Could they NOT find better material?
What's the point of Craig?
Grade: F-

When looking at episodes of the past, you would think this came from the creators of another show.

After "Stupid Spoiled Whore Video Playset," "Guitar Queer-O," "More Crap," "Miss Teacher Bangs A Boy," "Go God! 1&2," "Raisins," "You Got F'd in the A," etc., this is pathetic.

I won't stop watching SP, but there's a lot more in the world of pop culture to make fun of, other than Peruvian flute bands.

What are you talking about? Craig told the boys what the audience always knew -- they get into ridiculous situations instead of falling off of a bicycle or fighting with their parents -- and the boys just could not comprehend what Craig (and the audience) always knew. This episode was GREAT!
Last edited by BigCamera4892 on Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BigCamera4892

Postby BigCamera4892 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:02 am

Brentallion wrote:Note to every person who comments/reviews these videos:
There is a very broad and easily distinguishable line between criticism and stupidity, please stop crossing it in the hopes that someone will care how much you "hate" the new episodes of south park, nobody cares, trust me. Say what was bad about it to you and give a valid reason, don't just say "because the old one were better."
To everybody who posts because they actually enjoy south park and like to tell the south park team how great they are, you rule.

By the way, I love South Park and I understand that what makes south park so amazing is that they don't care what any of you negative nancys think anyways.

I AGREE WITH BRENTALLION 100% I HAVE NOTHING TO ADD. BRENTALLION SAID IT ALL. THANK YOU, BRENTALLION! :D
Last edited by BigCamera4892 on Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Berzhuzhad

Postby Berzhuzhad » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:04 am

I really liked the opening and closing sequences out of Oddworld. It'd been bothering the heck out of me trying to figure out what Craig's voice reminded me of in the last episode. They did it perfectly too, LOL, makes me wanna go break out some abe.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:09 am

BigCamera4892 wrote:
Jaber612 wrote:I'm kinda wondering... Did Stan's parents even notice he was gone?

btw.. excellent episode.. 8/10

I have to watch Pandemic 1 again to be sure, but I seem to recall Sharon asking Randy last week if he (Randy) had seen Stan. But don't quote me on that -- I have to see last week's episode again to confirm this.

She came to know that the boys were in trouble and called someone (not the cops) to help get them home.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
BigCamera4892

Postby BigCamera4892 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:24 am

Big-Will wrote:
BigCamera4892 wrote:
Jaber612 wrote:I'm kinda wondering... Did Stan's parents even notice he was gone?

btw.. excellent episode.. 8/10

I have to watch Pandemic 1 again to be sure, but I seem to recall Sharon asking Randy last week if he (Randy) had seen Stan. But don't quote me on that -- I have to see last week's episode again to confirm this.

She came to know that the boys were in trouble and called someone (not the cops) to help get them home.

Thank you. I remember now -- Sharon was on the telephone to a person unknown to us (the audience) re: the whereabouts of Stan. Thank you, Big-Will
:D :D :D
Last edited by BigCamera4892 on Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UltimaXIV

Postby UltimaXIV » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:35 am

The guineapigs really did it for this episode :lol:
HAcoreRD

Postby HAcoreRD » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:41 am

I thought it was win.

Episode didn't need punch lines or racist cartman, Craig was on ball pointing out every flaw with their curious natures, and the guinea pigs in costumes was beyond f*cking adorable, and I had Guinea pigs so i spent more time laughing then going "awwwwww so cute"

Guinea Pirate, but no Guinea Ninja?

Still, showed they didn't need punch lines to get a laugh out of me.
SouthParkCrazii

Postby SouthParkCrazii » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:30 am

Holy freakin crap you guys.

Watched it last night...and....FREAKIN LOVED IT!!!
Guinea saurus.......dude? awesome!
Haha..I totally loved how you guys just
dressed up guinea pigs..
:lol:

"Look! Oh man...no tape!" -Randy.
Ahaha!!

And then Craig, oh poor, poor Craig. Made him
save the world when he didn't want to, so cruel!
haha.

Well, I think it's safe to say that I'm totally in love
with you guys and your very awesome episodes.

100/10 :D
<insert creative signature here>
chuchunezbie

Postby chuchunezbie » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:07 am

I'm really starting to get pissed with these episodes. I really hope they get better because I'm about ready to stop wasting my time with the show all together. if this is their idea of "going out" they better smarten up cause they are signed to go through 15 seasons right now. I can't handle 3 last seasons of sh*t like this.
shadowdogg

Postby shadowdogg » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:10 am

GAH

Cmon ----

what was the point in this guinea pig. 1 show would of been good enough not 2 parter. we want more funny stuff like tsst and ginger kids.

How about next time you do a parody of heroes or smallville or something :)
REDTAPE

Postby REDTAPE » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:16 am

Craig is the non-interventionist, and the solution. If you don't want to watch this "sh*t", then don't watch it. The thing that makes this show great, is that they do what they want, you shouldn't expect it any other way.
Last edited by REDTAPE on Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
whatthejew

Postby whatthejew » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:17 am

You know, I think one of the biggest reasons I really like this episode is that it was just...weird. Like, guinea pigs dressed up in costumes attacking cities around the world? I mean, where else are you going to see that?
Besides, does anyone else besides me think this was almost a self-parody? With Craig making all the sarcastic comments to the boys, I almost felt like he was, in a way, critiquing the show itself. They got into, arguably, the weirdest situation ever all started by a normal thing (wanting money) that escalated into, well, guinea pirate being beaten by lasers shooting out of Craig's eyes.
I felt like it was them saying 'Yeah, our plots can be crazy and out there, but oh well,' and some people would agree with Craig and say, you know, normal kids just fall off their bikes, so why the hell do the boys always get into these random, crazy, epic adventures?
That's just what I got from it, that they were showcasing those kind of episodes, where the boys get into a huge adventure that effects the whole world and then blatently having Craig point out the flaws in the scenerio.
Maybe I'm wrong, but it's just my opinion.
Fanfiction account. | Myspace account. | MyAnimeList account.
Much easier to get to know me at one of those.
Also I love Kyle, no pedo, okay, maybe some.
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:25 am

@chuchunezbie: Say why you don't like an episode, not just blabber on. Otherwise, you just sound like a nutter.

One of the biggest advantages of this two-parter is that it was just silly and weird while still maintaining SP structure.
8/10.
Not perfect- long stretches of both storylines were cold. However, the pure insanity of the main villains first being real life guinea pigs, then real life guinea pigs dressed in cute costumes, was pretty good and reminded one of earlier seasons adnd their plot assisted insanity.
Craig had a great role, and unlike the kids he actually seemed to actually learn what he said he learned. It was nice, his almost 4th wall breaking rants throughout both episodes. Definitely were unexpected and a welcome relief from the pure parody esque shows we see too often.

So far, Season 12 has been pretty good. They seem to have taken a conscious dive away from being serious for a while and, dare I say, seem to actually be enjoying themselves for once in a long time. It comes across in the writing, as the flavor of the plotlines aren't as dark or poisoned. There is a sense that they're actually enjoying what they're doing since week-in and week-out they aren't glued to the knows and trying to make statements about the world.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
JPus119

Postby JPus119 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:55 am

This episode motivated me to create an account here.

I must say I was disappointed with this two-parter. I didn't laugh at all, as I thought it was a little too stupid to be funny. The open ending suggests this guinea pig theme to continue - I hope it doesn't.

I'm glad the majority of you got something out of it. I anxiously await the next episode, hoping to laugh next time.

To each his/her own.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”