*1212: About Last Night...* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Van W.

Re: *1212: About Last Night...* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Van W. » Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:58 pm

The episode was funny i loved it :lol:
whatthejew

Postby whatthejew » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:08 pm

DevilAngel16 wrote:
whatthejew wrote:And you know, for everyone asking about why Joe Biden wasn't in the episode? It's because Joe Biden...well, there's not much to make fun of. He hasn't been under much scrutiny, no one's super excited about him being vice president, he's just kind of, well, there, that guy, Joe. Don't get me wrong, I like Biden and all, but he's just not a good comedic target. Palin, on the other hand...

I probably shouldn't say this, but I can't stand Joe Biden. I think he's a complete assh*le. I'm sorry, but that's just my opinion. He's way too liberal for me. I was just expecting to see him there, but whatever. I actually would've been more disappointed if Palin wasn't included, but she's had so much attention in the news (and also on SNL) that it would've been a shock if she wasn't in the episode.

Fair enough. My mom thinks Joe Biden is god's gift to man, and while I definitely don't agree with that, I do tend to hear all the good things about him and none of the bad. If Palin hadn't been in the episode I actually would have been a bit happy, but I liked that they made fun of both her alleged ignorance (Palin '09!) but at the same time portrayed that as all an act, as if saying 'No one can really be that stupid.' Which is what I thought until, you know, I heard Palin give interviews.
Fanfiction account. | Myspace account. | MyAnimeList account.
Much easier to get to know me at one of those.
Also I love Kyle, no pedo, okay, maybe some.
nall
Site Admin

Postby nall » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:32 pm

whatthejew wrote:And you know, for everyone asking about why Joe Biden wasn't in the episode? It's because Joe Biden...well, there's not much to make fun of. He hasn't been under much scrutiny

While Biden hasn't really been under any scrutiny (probably because Palin got all the attention), he's actually quite easy to make fun of -- he has a reputation for saying crazy stuff (or "putting his foot in his mouth.")

Here's a clip from the Daily Show.

SNL has repeatedly poked fun at many of his comments.
Steadfast

Postby Steadfast » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:41 pm

I liked it overall. 8/10. I absolutely loved that butters was pro McCain, my second favorite: Randy shined again. The Ocean's 11 plot could have been stronger but Palin was great, and McCain had some nice moments. The part about Obama's grandma made me go OHHHHHHH! really loud.
whatthejew

Postby whatthejew » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:59 pm

nall wrote:
whatthejew wrote:And you know, for everyone asking about why Joe Biden wasn't in the episode? It's because Joe Biden...well, there's not much to make fun of. He hasn't been under much scrutiny

While Biden hasn't really been under any scrutiny (probably because Palin got all the attention), he's actually quite easy to make fun of -- he has a reputation for saying crazy stuff (or "putting his foot in his mouth.")

Here's a clip from the Daily Show.

SNL has repeatedly poked fun at many of his comments.

Believe me, as someone who's into politics way more than my age should warrant and as an avid watcher of the Daily Show -- I know Biden has been made fun of. I basically meant that during this election season he's been very under the radar, thus hard to make fun of. He made one comment as to how Hillary Clinton might have been a better choice for VP and they quickly stuck him to script for the rest of the campaign. Outside of this campaign though...yeah, he is an easy target. But they've made sure he paled in comparison to the jokes that can be made about Palin, that's for sure.
Fanfiction account. | Myspace account. | MyAnimeList account.
Much easier to get to know me at one of those.
Also I love Kyle, no pedo, okay, maybe some.
Darth Devious

Postby Darth Devious » Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:01 am

I thought it was alot funnier then the last two episodes. And Obama and McCain as jewel thieves..lol..that was pure genious, even if it was Ocean's LOL :santa:
Billistic

Postby Billistic » Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:46 am

Wow, another movie parody.

So is Matt and Trey on vacation and they're using this time after winning Emmys to relax while they let new writers get some practice?

Because this episode sucked.

I had trouble even recognizing if they were trying to get the point across that McCain and Obama are both puppets and either one will probably f*ck us over in the end. But hey, lets all hope Obama might actually be the guy who doesn't do what politicians usually do.

But instead it parodied a lame movie. You know what parodies stuff a lot? Family Guy, you know what else parodies a lot? The Simpsons. These writers make me wanna puke.

The only thing they got right was making Garrison a Republican, that's totally how republicans are, really gay and deep in the closet.

They're also getting dangerously close to making Randy like Homer, too over the top and too much of an assh*le.
superiorsavior

Postby superiorsavior » Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:58 am

For an episode containing everything I asked for in the pre-air discussion, including action from the boys and a non-political plotline staring the politicians, I was strangely disapointed with this episode for at least it's first half, mainly when I realised it was yet another movie parrody, of a film i've yet to see nonetheless. The jokes ("boom babby" etc.) seemed to repete themselves ad nausium and a lot of time was given to explanation in the first half. However, the episode grew on me and from Ike's 'suicide' onward, the escelating absurdity of McCain's disguises and the situation of the townsfolk. Obama's story and how the episode portrayed it was ALMOST as epic as last night! The kids were being the only adults in town again :p
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Death will take us so don't fight it. Become it and lean to win.
lychee_fruit

Postby lychee_fruit » Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:33 am

Defiantly my favorite episode of season 12.
yumito

Postby yumito » Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:43 am

I was wondering how they created a episode before they found out Obama was president to have it this fast they would have to have a macain episode also i would like to know if i could see that episode
Eat My Shorts

Postby Eat My Shorts » Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:47 am

If McCain won, the roles of Obama and McCain would've switched, the roles of Michelle and Palin would have switched, and Randy would have been throwing temper tantrums and wrecking the town with the other obama supporters while butters went to bennigans, I bet.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:30 am

nall wrote:While Biden hasn't really been under any scrutiny (probably because Palin got all the attention), he's actually quite easy to make fun of -- he has a reputation for saying crazy stuff (or "putting his foot in his mouth.")

God love him.
Hayley B

Postby Hayley B » Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:58 am

BRMBug wrote:
nall wrote:While Biden hasn't really been under any scrutiny (probably because Palin got all the attention), he's actually quite easy to make fun of -- he has a reputation for saying crazy stuff (or "putting his foot in his mouth.")

God love him.

Agree. :D

People from my other forum are asking that very question. What about Biden?

*thinking of the media alone* Biden hasn't been getting much attention compare to the others. I guess it's a Delaware thing ( softly haha).
Hayley B: My own name Location: Delaware,USA
Favorite South Park Character: *too many* But I like Kenny,Kyle,Cartman,Butters,Satan,& Damien.
Octary

Postby Octary » Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:37 am

This episode was hilarious.

Change can't just happen because one man wants it, we also need everyone to work with it, but most people are lazy.

I find it somewhat disturbing that someone is thankful for the all-encompassing mockery of South Park, and then show complete bias in their post on here.

I am curious, was this the final episode of the season, or is there one or two more to come?
Pallid

Postby Pallid » Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:51 am

Overall, this episode really sucked and South Park has officially jumped the shark. I mean I'll still be a South Park fan, but Season 12 is by far the worst season yet. The spoofs, movie references, and the lame spiels need to stop NOW! I wish they'd listen already, but the spoofing is making the episodes suck

Perfectly sums it up. The last episodes looks more like "epic movie" or "meet the spartans" then South Park. Actually the times when there are no spoofing of Ocean's 11 are very funny.

So is Matt and Trey on vacation and they're using this time after winning Emmys to relax while they let new writers get some practice?

Good guess, could be true...
Last edited by Pallid on Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”