*1212: About Last Night...* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

SouthofHeaven

Re: *1212: About Last Night...* Post-Air Discussion

Postby SouthofHeaven » Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:36 pm

Another fine episode last night. I loved how it pretty much summed up how people on both sides were acting this election.
Who's a jigga wha?
dude7324

Postby dude7324 » Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:41 pm

One of the best episodes this far! Keep it up!

By the way, was there ever a "second" episode in which Jon McCain won the presidency? Just wondering...would be interesting tough... ;)
HAcoreRD

Postby HAcoreRD » Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:28 pm

dude7324 wrote:One of the best episodes this far! Keep it up!

By the way, was there ever a "second" episode in which Jon McCain won the presidency? Just wondering...would be interesting tough... ;)

it's only rumored, though I speculate the episode would've just switched roles (McCain for Obama), but all in all, i think they knew how one sided this was going to be, and focused on Obama.
aerisangel16

Postby aerisangel16 » Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:33 pm

Man, way to make an awesome upon awesome episode without taking sides. This is the South Park I've been missing. I adored it, and I found it hilarious even though I haven't seen Oceans 11. The A and B stories were hilarious.

I kinda wanna beat the heads in of those who thought it was crap. What the hell are you people looking for?!?!?
digitalhigh

Postby digitalhigh » Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:54 pm

So...is it me, or does anybody else want to see the episode done as if McCain won?

Come to think about it, a lot of the episode was based on people's reactions to the results of the election. The scenes where randy's walking around singing Obama to different songs? What does everybody do if they're celebrating McCain's victory?

Or, did they just take a long shot and "guess" that Obama would win? I doubt that.

But, yeah...if the alternate version of this episode exists, I would definitely love to see it. :D

Postby 203177 » Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:56 pm

I loved this episode 9/10.
My favorite sp characters: Bridon(he's so cute!)
Kyle,Stan, Kenny/Mysterion.

Fave ep: ESM Season 12,Sec fave: Butterballs Season 16
marcd333

Great Episode!

Postby marcd333 » Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:37 pm

That episode was great! They don't do the typical one predictable storyline they just do the most ridiculous take on everything they do what no one else would even think of doing. Thats how south park is and that's why its one of the best shows out. Instead of making a political agenda out of their show they do the opposite with storylines like this. They offend everybody well still making no seriouis take on politics besides the losers that follow it as close to the ones they were portraying. I like that they made their point that there are people that expect "things" to just get better or "change". Or in the other point that makes fun of the people that thik this country is gonna just go to hell when Obama was elected. Those people could even be portraying the media and how it over reacts. Either way great episode.
CAN!ada91

Postby CAN!ada91 » Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:42 pm

I didn't find it really funny, but I really liked the Oceans 11 feel. That was really surprising. Just bizarre.
Like I said, MnT are going crazy with the show now. They're gonna do all the things they want to, not necessarily what would be appealing to their audience. And I think that'll amount into episodes everyone will love again anyway.

The story was just... unfocused. There was no theme over it. Just chaos on all fronts after the election... and that was meh.

But I dunno, its very original. I liked it nonetheless. Barack makes a perfect spy hero.
DevilAngel16

Postby DevilAngel16 » Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:50 pm

Haha. XD I really liked this episode. It was very creative. I liked that, instead of ripping on Obama and McCain themselves, they totally bashed both Obama’s and McCain’s supporters. I thought the reactions from both groups were hilarious, especially since they were so extreme and overly exaggerated. I know a lot of people hate it when the characters overreact to minor issues, but in this case, I found it to be appropriate. (Randy was the funniest. "HE'S SO AWESOME. HE'S SO PERFECTLY AWESOME!!")

So, even though I’ve never seen the movie Ocean’s 11, I still enjoyed the whole Obama/McCain diamond heist subplot. It was clever that they had members of both parties team up. I loved how so many people were in on it (like Obama’s grandma. Aww. XDD), even Ike. I didn’t see that coming. I wonder why Joe Biden wasn’t part of the group though, but at least Sarah Palin was there. I thought she was portrayed well. (I laughed when Obama said, "she's so awesome.")

Anyway, this episode is definitely my favorite so far. :D
missycartman

Postby missycartman » Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:00 pm

brilliant , Randy rocks !! :lol:

the music was funny and superb too !! :D
termsofuse

Postby termsofuse » Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:18 pm

An enjoyable episode having fun with the candidates and the whole election hysteria: Obama fans gloating and McCain fans in despair. All are thieves whose real aim was a diamond heist and not the election. Palin was wonderfully portrayed as a secretly intelligent international thief who really has an English accent. All are there except Biden. He was left out probably because they just couldn’t make him funny. I wonder if Joe will be offended?

McCain supporters’ attempting to commit suicide was perfect! Those that don’t end up dead or in hospital try to lock themselves away from THE CHANGE that is coming. This collection of South Park residents incongruously includes Garrison who never seems to be able to associate himself with the correct group. Maybe he is just a true Republican at heart and, like some real homosexuals, is willing to overlook the fact that Republicans don’t really want gays in the party. They can be tolerated as long as they don’t mention or display the gay thing and never bring up marriage (like the Army).

Randy proves that discipline will never help him with his drinking problem and he had better get another approach. Obama’s “change” is not the kind of change Randy desperately needs. What he really needs are pants that won’t fall off after a few beers.

Finally, it was fantastic to see Officer Barbrady again!
Kenny012345

Postby Kenny012345 » Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:27 pm

"I said i put a bomb in your building, yesh"
gemiknight

Postby gemiknight » Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:46 pm

I meant to comment on this ep last night, but the format of the forum was all... weird :?

Anyway, I loved the episode! I can see how the candidates could've been interchangeable characters in this plot, but you know the creators still did a lot of work in a short amount of time for this one.

Randy Marsh is a silly bitch! I love that guy... still my favorite character.

I don't care what people think... I think Matt and Trey deliver the best comedic entertainment on any TV network. Considering the window of time they have to make an episode start-to-finish and their ability to tie in a message for nearly every episode they write... That sh*t takes hard work and talent. Those who think this show is going to the crapper can find other ways to entertain themselves... making semen samples...

oh yeah, 10/10 cheesy poofs!
Fingerbang.
whatthejew

Postby whatthejew » Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:21 pm

CartmanSlayer wrote:Overall this episode was lame. Though it was funny and true about the campaign: McCain supporters thinking they're doomed, and Obama supporters thinking that "the change" lets them do anything different.

I thought the diamond thief spy idea was absolute horseshit. :assface:
Overall, this episode really sucked and South Park has officially jumped the shark. I mean I'll still be a South Park fan, but Season 12 is by far the worst season yet. The spoofs, movie references, and the lame spiels need to stop NOW! I wish they'd listen already, but the spoofing is making the episodes suck; don't ever do it again, focus on characters and take a break from world issues if they have to. Seriously, the Stan/Kyle pair has failed to humor us again (they are a boring, unfunny, and already stale pair; they might as well leave the show or become background characters for good). I hope South Park doesn't become so bad that Disney Channel finally thinks it will be genius. Season 13 better redeem South Park, because for 3 weeks in a row those episodes were a waste of time. Make some changes already. (Examples: Kill Stan/Kyle off, make the 4th graders become 5th graders, etc.)

And I have a better idea, why don't they have an episode that just focuses on Kenny (come on, he's South Park's 2nd most popular character), and end some of the standard pairs. Cartman/Butters has gotten old, Kyle/Stan is ineffective and boring, Cartman/Kyle is pretty funny but is getting kinda stale. Why don't they try Cartman/Kenny (two most popular characters right there)?

And killing off Stan and Kyle wouldn't be a total JTS moment? That would be jumping a f*cking million sharks, two of the main characters who are based on Matt and Trey dying? :/ It's not going to happen, as unfunny as you think they are.

I do agree that a Kenny episode would be nice. But I think they're playing it safe with Cartman. Not literally, just that they're not using Cartman much now that they've used him so much in the rest of the season. I mean, in the last few episodes he could almost be considered a secondary character.

And you know, for everyone asking about why Joe Biden wasn't in the episode? It's because Joe Biden...well, there's not much to make fun of. He hasn't been under much scrutiny, no one's super excited about him being vice president, he's just kind of, well, there, that guy, Joe. Don't get me wrong, I like Biden and all, but he's just not a good comedic target. Palin, on the other hand...
Fanfiction account. | Myspace account. | MyAnimeList account.
Much easier to get to know me at one of those.
Also I love Kyle, no pedo, okay, maybe some.
DevilAngel16

Postby DevilAngel16 » Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:42 pm

whatthejew wrote:And you know, for everyone asking about why Joe Biden wasn't in the episode? It's because Joe Biden...well, there's not much to make fun of. He hasn't been under much scrutiny, no one's super excited about him being vice president, he's just kind of, well, there, that guy, Joe. Don't get me wrong, I like Biden and all, but he's just not a good comedic target. Palin, on the other hand...

I probably shouldn't say this, but I can't stand Joe Biden. I think he's a complete assh*le. I'm sorry, but that's just my opinion. He's way too liberal for me. I was just expecting to see him there, but whatever. I actually would've been more disappointed if Palin wasn't included, but she's had so much attention in the news (and also on SNL) that it would've been a shock if she wasn't in the episode.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”