*1213 Elementary School Musical* Pre-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Jay C

Re: *1213 Elementary School Musical* Pre-Air Discussion

Postby Jay C » Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:58 pm

HAcoreRD wrote:Kyle looks absolutely adorable with that hair

It is glorious.

I haven't seen HSM, yet I still look forward to this. 8D
Read my horrible webcomic you fat assh*le!
KyleBroflovski99

Postby KyleBroflovski99 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:09 pm

I haven't seen High School Musical yet but this episode sounds kinda cool.
whatthejew

Postby whatthejew » Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:16 pm

jewish pride wrote:actually in kyle's pic the kids looking dont look very impressed LOL

True that. Chances are the 'new fad' is breaking out into song in your school to be just like the HSM kids. The new Bryden kid is probably into it or something...so the boys decide to try it out for themselves to keep their (supposed) 'coolness' factor, but I doubt anyone will be very impressed by their efforts.

I know if people started singing cheesy songs and doing choreographed dance numbers at my school I wouldn't be very happy about it.
Fanfiction account. | Myspace account. | MyAnimeList account.
Much easier to get to know me at one of those.
Also I love Kyle, no pedo, okay, maybe some.
RespektMaAuthoritah

Postby RespektMaAuthoritah » Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:23 pm

Damn, seems like people are really pumped for this episode.

But yea, before I hadn't really thought of this episode having a lot of songs. Hopefully they get Marc Shaiman back to do some songs, he did a f@cking spectacular job on the movie :unhoodedkenny: and on Mr. Hankey's Christmas Classics.
Anyway, good to see another kids being kids episode.
I'm loving how the show isn't about politics anymore, or gets too wrapped up in it's own political opinions.

It kind of makes me think Matt and Trey are changing things to the way they were back in the first 4 seasons. Think about it: Mr. Garrison's back, Wendy's back, there's been some more puke, not as political. Cartman got f*cked up by a girl like he's kind of going back to his old sh*t head self, and there's numerous other things as well.

Anyway, I can't believe I'm saying this, but this episode might be as awesome as if they have a Christmas episode as the next episode. I just don't understand why they couldn't make something like this the two-parter of the season and not f@cking Pandemic.

By the way, just wiki High School Musical and read a little article about it to get some reference.
DEFINEsammie

Postby DEFINEsammie » Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:26 pm

Well I have to say
that kyle's hair looks
especially sexy xDD
purple angel 87

Postby purple angel 87 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:56 pm

Aww! Love the preview clip. Wendy kissed Stan, and he didn't throw up. Glad to see that their relationship will be shown in this episode. It's also cool to see Wendy becoming a major character again like in season 1 and 4.

I can see that this is a spoof of HSM. Kyle looks cute with his new hair look. Wonder what meaures the boys are gonna take in this episode to be the coolest kids again.

Wonder what will happen between Stan and Wendy in this episode. I hope that Wendy doesn't dump Stan again, they've only been back together since "The List". Matt Stone did say that their love was written in stars but the world conspires to keep them apart". So, I guess they might be at odds but work things out in the end.
Eat My Shorts

Postby Eat My Shorts » Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:04 pm

This Briden Kid better watch out, maybe in high school musical he'ld be the top gun but I haven't heard of any characters in high school musical that will FEED YOU YOUR OWN PARENTS!!!
Wishful_Thinking

Postby Wishful_Thinking » Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:45 pm

South Park is finally gonna parody High School Musical?! Can't wait!

HSM isn't really too bad, as long as you don't take it seriously. When High School Musical and Hannah Montana and Jonas Brothers and all other evil Disney spawns first came into existence, it was fun to like them and listen to the songs. But then little children (who I forgive in the name of ignorance) and idiot teenagers (who don't know the real value of musical integrity...or guys who actually ARE good-looking :lol: ) started to become obsessed with these no-talent entertainers in all seriousness. Ugh.

I hope this is a good episode. I'm guessing Kyle is supposed to be Chad, with the red dreadlocks (Oh God...). Maybe I'm forcing it, but could the boy standing in the pic with Stan be a parody of Zac Efron's character?
DevilAngel16

Postby DevilAngel16 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:11 pm

Dude. Look at Kyle's hair. XDDD Awesome.

I'm actually more excited for this episode than I was for Breast Cancer Show Ever. I've seen High School Musical (many times, I'm ashamed to say. But I haven't seen HSM2 or HSM3, and I'm not going to either) so I'm glad I'll understand the parody. I remember for like, a good two months, people at my school were literally obsessed with the movie. It was so embarassing; everyone would be singing the songs in the hallways, and they'd be trying to learn how to do that gay dance at the end. "We're all in this together!!!"

Yeah. I will admit that I actually liked it the first time I saw it. I even bought the freaking CD. But that movie became extremely overrated very quickly, and even though it wasn't bad, it really wasn't anything that great. But people went ape sh*t over it anyway.

Anyway, I'm happy there's going to be some Stan/Wendy in this. ^_^ I didn't think Wendy would be having another big role during this run, since she already had one in BCSE.

I cant wait to see a shitload of singing and dancing, too. :D
rlorenz

Postby rlorenz » Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:50 pm

It sounds like they're going back to their roots. Should be a funny one! I haven't been as pleased with the episodes from this season overall. Fingers crossed! Here's to returning South Park to its previous glory!
Kobb

Postby Kobb » Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:55 pm

As long as they make fun of HSM and don't try to add some sort of empathy lesson at the end, I'll probably love this episode.
Sgethan

Postby Sgethan » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:03 pm

wow stan didn't puke O_o. well anyway i'm really looking forward to this episode!
willowrose

Postby willowrose » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:04 pm

Since Trey seems to love musicals, I'm guessing there's gonna be plenty of singing in this one. And trust me, you only have to see about 6 minutes of High School Musical to understand a parody of it. :/ If you can last even 6 minutes worth of HSM.
I don't have a signature
Pip Tweek

Postby Pip Tweek » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:12 pm

willowrose wrote: you only have to see about 6 minutes of High School Musical to understand a parody of it. :/ If you can last even 6 minutes worth of HSM.

That's 5 minutes and 59 seconds more than I can stand. I'm hoping this ep is a brutal mockery and it won't come off looking eager to please. The Kyle pic is a good start. :lol: HSM = gay.
RespektMaAuthoritah

Postby RespektMaAuthoritah » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:36 pm

It's pretty cool to see South Park Elementary expand from what it used to be, a class of like ten kids as well as Mr. Garrison, Mr. Mackey, Principal Victoria, Chef (R.I.P.), and Ms. Crabtree. To this bigass school with all these kids you've never seen, like the picture with Kyle, he's just f*ckin' dancing in front of 5 kids who you've never seen before.
Though it's not pretty cool to see some other things change, like Cartman's f.ucking character! Bring the old sh*thead Cartman back Matt and Trey! We miss him!

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”