*1213 Elementary School Musical* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

ClownCarOnFire

Re: *1213 Elementary School Musical* Post-Air Discussion

Postby ClownCarOnFire » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:03 pm

Excellent, excellent episode. One of my favorites to date. Definitely.
They were spot on with everything.

The beginning was great with some typical teasing from Cartman to Kenny, which never gets old.
Then Craig with his little shot at the episode from 2 weeks ago. "Peru".
Ha, awesome.

Cartman, trying to kill himself, Godly.
The random outbursts of singing, hilarious.

Brydan rocked. I thought he was adorable, even though he's based on my second to last favorite character in that movie. He was much better.
His father? Oh dear Lord...unfortunately reminds me of my mom....making anything into a song. Thankfully though...she doesn't slap. Heh.

Stan was great in this episode as well. He was never one of my favorite characters up till recently, and he never ceases to amaze me, he just rocks.
His little songs? To die for, the poor guy. He tried heh.

Now then....do I even NEED to mention the final scene? I mean really, it was amazing.
I am a huge fan of Kyle's, and that includes his hair. I love when we get to see it in an episode and man oh man, last night's was the best.
Then Cartman's singing? Genius.

All in all, 10/10. I really, really enjoyed this episode.

Kudos Matt and Trey. :mrgreen:
Drink Up Me Hearties, YoHo~
SouthParkFanFuranki

Postby SouthParkFanFuranki » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:04 pm

Awesome episode. Not much I can say, glad to see Matt and Trey make fun of HSM, I hate those movies.

I can totally relate with Scott (the Diabetes, not the lisp).
Whoo hoo, for being Diabetic for 9 years.
Whoo! My YouTube account:
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=SSJ4Furanki

Also, has parodies and original things, done in South Park style, etc.
whatthejew

Postby whatthejew » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:09 pm

BigCamera4892 wrote:
CHEL BEAN wrote:This episode was awesome. And if you didn't like it I will slap you. SLAP SLAP SLAP.

What's the deal? In Episode 402, "Cartman's Silly Hate Crime," Cartman threw a rock at Token and was taken to Juvenal Hall. Here, Mr. Queero (or whatever that third grade kid's father's name was) slapped everyone, even Government Child Care Workers. What, no arrest for assault? Hate Crimes? No Officer Barbrady to arrest him? Like the Johnny Cochren episode with the Chebaca defense -- it doesn't make any sense. (episode 214 -- Chef Aid). Slapping anyone, especially Child Protective Services Personal doesn't make sense.

And the name "Scott" was used before -- Scott Lebrowski (or what ever it was) and who can forget Scott Tenorman?

Since when has South Park been about making sense? I mean, the entire first episode had to do with aliens putting a probe in Cartman's ass. I hardly think this episode made less sense than anything else they've done before.

They probably just like the name Scott. They use Kevin a lot too. Speaking of Scott Malkinson, I really didn't find his part in the show all the amusing. Cartman making fun of him was good for a few laughs, but it wasn't anything special, in my opinion.

Oh and am I the only one who didn't notice the fact that Kyle could have had a lot more to do with this episode? He could have played basketball or maybe bitched at Cartman, considering Kyle has diabetes just like Scott. It seemed a little odd to me that he was left out of a lot of it when he had a chance to be involved in so much. >:
Fanfiction account. | Myspace account. | MyAnimeList account.
Much easier to get to know me at one of those.
Also I love Kyle, no pedo, okay, maybe some.
deano1985

Postby deano1985 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:14 pm

SouthParkFanFuranki wrote:I can totally relate with Scott (the Diabetes, not the lisp).
Whoo hoo, for being Diabetic for 9 years.

I'm 11 years diabetes infected!
jewish pride

Postby jewish pride » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:16 pm

superiorsavior wrote:It's not like Matt and Trey have a right to criticise musicals for being absurd after Canibal and SP:BLU.

they werent critisizing musicals in general, just high school musical and i dont think they were critisizing its absurdness (or however the word is lol) but rather its absloute gayness and lameness
i havent seen Canibal but i dont think BLU is either gay or lame, quite the contrary actually, and absurdness has always been an important element of sp i think (not to be confused with FG's utter randomness) so i doubt that was what they were critisizing at all

oh i forgot to say, loved craig's "peru" bit LOL, love it when they do references of other episodes like that :)

btw, did anyone notice kyle's absolute immunity to all the diabetes jokes when he is supposed to have it himself? it's mentioned in Cherokee Hair Tampons for those of you who dont remember, guess matt and trey forgot all about it, lame boys :P
CartmansWhore

Postby CartmansWhore » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:17 pm

I feel so bad for laughing when the dad was slapping Briden's (or however u spell his name) mom. You gotta admit, it was funny.

"slap slap slap. I'm going slap happpppeh" lol
“The basis of all reasoning is the mind's awareness of itself. What we think, the external objects we perceive, are all like actors that come on and off stage. But our consciousness, the stage itself, is always present to us,” Trey Parker
ClownCarOnFire

Postby ClownCarOnFire » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:19 pm

I'm surprised that Kyle didn't bitch about the diabetes thing. Isn't he Diabetic as well? :wink:
Drink Up Me Hearties, YoHo~
Guinea-Pirate

Postby Guinea-Pirate » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:23 pm

1201- Tonsil Trouble - 7.7/10
1202- Britney's New Look - 7.6/10
1203- Major Boobage - 8.7/10
1204- Canada on Strike - 8.0/10
1205- Eek, A Penis! - 8.1/10
1206- Over Logging - 8.4/10
1207- Super Fun Time - 8.0/10
1208- The China Probrem - 7.9/10
1209- Breast Cancer Show Ever - 8.3/10
1210- Pandemic - 8.2/10
1211- Pandemic 2: The Startling - 8.4/10
1212- About Last Night... - 9.1/10
1213- Elementary School Musical - 8.1/10
1214- ?
CartmansWhore

Postby CartmansWhore » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:26 pm

Guinea-Pirate wrote:1201- Tonsil Trouble - 7.7/10
1202- Britney's New Look - 7.6/10
1203- Major Boobage - 8.7/10
1204- Canada on Strike - 8.0/10
1205- Eek, A Penis! - 8.1/10
1206- Over Logging - 8.4/10
1207- Super Fun Time - 8.0/10
1208- The China Probrem - 7.9/10
1209- Breast Cancer Show Ever - 8.3/10
1210- Pandemic - 8.2/10
1211- Pandemic 2: The Startling - 8.4/10
1212- About Last Night... - 9.1/10
1213- Elementary School Musical - 8.1/10
1214- ?

The whole season IMO has been awesome. But nothing compares to 'Canada On Strike'
“The basis of all reasoning is the mind's awareness of itself. What we think, the external objects we perceive, are all like actors that come on and off stage. But our consciousness, the stage itself, is always present to us,” Trey Parker
Arkash

Postby Arkash » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:27 pm

I've just noticed Billy Elliot and HSM for references...any others?
whatthejew

Postby whatthejew » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:33 pm

ClownCarOnFire wrote:I'm surprised that Kyle didn't bitch about the diabetes thing. Isn't he Diabetic as well? :wink:

Especially since it was Cartman mocking diabetes, you would think he would be pissed. The whole Kyle and Cartman totally hating each other has been pretty toned down since Tonsil Trouble, I think. s:
CartmansWhore

Postby CartmansWhore » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:34 pm

brianmoon10 wrote: i swear zac efron looks like a recently buried corpse if u look carefully

:lol: it's true.
DevilishTenshi

Postby DevilishTenshi » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:45 pm

OMG!! 10/10!!
This is one of my favorite episodes now. It was so PERFECT. haha and I actually do really enjoy the HSM movies lol :lol:

Cartman made fun of Kenny being poor... when was the last time that happened? GOOD TO SEE!
Craig mentioned Peru. :craig:
The random break into song musical numbers<33
The fat girl when they watch HSM.
Cartman trying to kill himself lol
Bryden was perfect! He looked just like Zac Efron. Also the role reversal was great! Instead of being a basketball player and wanting to be in the musical he wanted to play basketball.
AND HIS FATHER SLAPPING PEOPLE! DEAR GOD! I laughed so hard every time he slapped anyone. Slapping the social workers was amazing.
Cartman making fun of the new scott with a lisp and diabetes lol this scott kid must come back.
I love the "They wouldn't let him in a musical he has a lisp and diabetes" line from Stan xD
Their last dance number was awesome <33
Stan & Wendy moments<3 The kiss was cute and he didn't puke!! Maybe because it was just on the cheek. I think Stan gets pucky around lip kisses.

Anyone want an episode around dogpoo? I don't think they even draw him in the classroom anymore :(
martin66

Postby martin66 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:57 pm

Yeah I love south park to bits and all but this episode is the possibly the worst. :( I f*cking hate High School Musical.
whatthejew

Postby whatthejew » Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:04 pm

I just watched the episode again. And good lord, is Bridon (that's how you spell his name, just so everyone knows, if you search for 'Bryden' or 'Briden' nothing shows up, but if you search for 'Bridon' you'll get clips of him in ESM) ever cute. I know he's modelled after Zac Efron and he's supposed to be all hip and whatnot, but I think he's adorable. He probably won't ever show up again, really, but if that's the case he's one of my favorite one-time characters, right up there with Thomas (from Le Petit Tourette) and Christophe (from the movie).

Oh and when they're doing the dance number at the end, Stan has on a necklace that almost looks like one of those medical indentification tags. I'm probably reading wayyyyy too into things, but I wonder if he was wearing it for his asthma. o:

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”