*1213 Elementary School Musical* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

DevilAngel16

Re: *1213 Elementary School Musical* Post-Air Discussion

Postby DevilAngel16 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:07 pm

I thought the opening scene was great with Cartman making fun of Kenny’s lunch, and Craig making a reference to the Pandemic two parter (woot, more continuity!!), and the girls suddenly breaking into song followed by the boys while the main four sat there with those “WTF?” looks on their faces. XD

I'm not gonna lie; I thought Stan was so cute in this episode. I loved that scene when he started randomly singing that "Someone's in the kitchen with Dina" song, and he was just completely SHOT DOWN by all the kids. Awww.

And I totally loved that Bridon kid’s flamboyantly gay father. XDD It was hilarious the way he posed each time he was about to slap somebody.

Oh, and the boys’ choreographed dance at the end was a definite WIN. I swear, when Kyle started singing, I was like, so fixated on his hair that I barely paid attention to what he was actually singing (something about studying?). Awesomeness.

They portrayed the overall riduculous-ness (?) of High School Musical very well. They clearly did their research, 'cause that scene that the boys were watching of HSM was an actual scene in the movie (and they even showed some of the characters in the movie too, like Gabriella and that really fat girl), and one of the songs that the kids sang had the same tune as the finale song in HSM, "We're all in this together." (Soooo gay that I know that. ><)

Great episode overall. ^_^
RejoiceItsSusan

Postby RejoiceItsSusan » Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:12 pm

This episode was hilarious even tho I really liked HSM.
I LOVE STAN in this episode, and in general.
also did anyone else notice that when stan is walking down the hall and everyones snapping behind him its like the exact same music as in that one HSM song I forget which one
Eat My Shorts

Postby Eat My Shorts » Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:47 pm

whatthejew wrote:
BigCamera4892 wrote:
BRMBug wrote:Oh! Was Stan wearing a John Deere shirt?

I could not tell, but it sure looked like it. So let's see -- in Breast Cancer Episode Ever, Wendy took off her coat, revealing her "My Little Pony Shirt," and Cartman took off his coat, revealing a shirt with a truck on it. And in tonight's Elementary School Musical Stan took off his coat, and so did Cartman (again). And Kyle took off his hat. What's going on here?

And with background kids of all grade levels looking on from all floors of the multi-story elementary school, where was Ike? At least he could have been a non-speaking background character. They showed many kindergardeners in this episode, as well as kids of all grade levels. Where was Ike? I like Ike!

They're becoming sluts...and I kinda like it.

Maybe Ike was hidden somewhere. Did anyone else see the Visitor? I almost never find the Visitors in the episodes, so I was really excited when I did this time. xD

Whmmm! wrote:That was brilliant! Definately a high-point of the season. I actually feel myself a little attracted to Bryden...

I like him, actually. I doubt he'll be in any more episodes, but he was a cute kid.

Another thing I'm wondering is: Briden/Bryden? o:

Dude, where did u see the visitor? I hardly EVER spot those things these days
whatthejew

Postby whatthejew » Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:57 pm

Eat My Shorts wrote:Dude, where did u see the visitor? I hardly EVER spot those things these days

During the first musical number there's a poster on the wall behind the boys and there's a picture of Visitor on it. I think it says 'Have you seen me?' xD
Fanfiction account. | Myspace account. | MyAnimeList account.
Much easier to get to know me at one of those.
Also I love Kyle, no pedo, okay, maybe some.
DEFINEsammie

Postby DEFINEsammie » Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:59 pm

I swear it sounds like kyle says
"Becuase I like studying more that sam"
ned15

Postby ned15 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:02 pm

whatthejew wrote:
Eat My Shorts wrote:Dude, where did u see the visitor? I hardly EVER spot those things these days

During the first musical number there's a poster on the wall behind the boys and there's a picture of Visitor on it. I think it says 'Have you seen me?' xD

are those actually visitors? because in earlier seasons that picture w/ the alien saying "have you seen me" is in practically every shot in the cafeteria.
"you musn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling."
eames
whatthejew

Postby whatthejew » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:14 pm

DEFINEsammie wrote:I swear it sounds like kyle says

I thought it was 'I like studying for exams.'
I didn't know fourth graders had exams though. xD

ned15 wrote:
whatthejew wrote:

are those actually visitors? because in earlier seasons that picture w/ the alien saying "have you seen me" is in practically every shot in the cafeteria.

Oh shi- well, I guess there's just a chance that I fail at life then. I so rarely can find the Visitors, honestly, I never notice them, so maybe I just assumed. x3
Fanfiction account. | Myspace account. | MyAnimeList account.
Much easier to get to know me at one of those.
Also I love Kyle, no pedo, okay, maybe some.
sean405

Postby sean405 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:18 pm

I think that could've been the least funny episode of South Park I've ever seen. I mean I've loved just about every episode, but that one wasn't funny at all. It was boring and annoying
jewish pride

Postby jewish pride » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:28 pm

DEFINEsammie wrote:I swear it sounds like kyle says

its "because i like studying for exams/an exam" something like that
Cesar1991

Postby Cesar1991 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:42 pm

:lol: what a grate episode, high school musical is a piece of sh*t :lol:
usa_titan

Postby usa_titan » Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:57 pm

Well what ever your opinions on this episode is, it is impressive that the creators could come up with the storyline and songs in just a few days. (Since they propably rested after pulling an all nighter for the election one)

Most people though didn't see the other storyline about a child living with an abusive father (no matter how metro he was-Slap Slap Slap). What the Braden kid went through with his father is how many cases of abused child play out (with the musical parts of course).

The thing I did not get that the end though was why the girls liking Braden and therefore HSM would affect the boys. Why did the other boys care about HSM? There is no reason.

I can't believe they gave in though at the end and hilmilliated themselves by singing (much more embrassing a blow then Cartman getting beaten by Wendy).
In the words of Cartman the end was "lame". :?
ShaneHaughey

Postby ShaneHaughey » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:07 pm

Stan was worried about Wendy, so he had motivation. The rest just wanted to be popular, and since the entire school likes HSM, yeah.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
Frona

Postby Frona » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:20 pm

oh my gosh...

this episode's just great!
season 12 started awesome but then it somehow turned me off with episodes like pandemic, the obama one started to get things right again and this episode just kicks ass =)

I've seen High School Musical (1 and 2) on TV and i thought it was a huge waste of time (but because i was freaking lazy i just kept watching this sh*t) everytime they started singing, i was like "yeah sure, everyone has the choreographie in mind and nobody would think it'd be, you know, like stupid to start singing.. who the hell would do that haha =)

i felt with all of the guys, and i loved the response of wendy why she'd never break up with stan haha =) awesome. And the father's awesome too! slap you. again :o

and the ending makes it perfect. in addition great lyrics of the ending song by cartman ;D

well, after all i'd say, you gotta love this episode if you hate hsm =)
Pip Tweek

Postby Pip Tweek » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:30 pm

ShaneHaughey wrote:Stan was worried about Wendy, so he had motivation. The rest just wanted to be popular, and since the entire school likes HSM, yeah.

I think the last straw was when Stan told them "everyone thinks BUTTERS is cooler than you guys."

This was, I think, a decent episode. The song at the end with Kyle's and Cartman's verses were hilarious. Cartman's line about killing himself was good too.

Not to be petty, but I guess Tweek was out sick that day at school, right? :x
usa_titan

Postby usa_titan » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:40 pm

If Kyle loves basketball so much that he was willing to go through a race change then why wasn't he on the basketball team.

"I slap, I slap, I slap slap slap you." Mr. Mackey is like a bobble head doll when slapped.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”