*1213 Elementary School Musical* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

KennyKicksAss

Re: *1213 Elementary School Musical* Post-Air Discussion

Postby KennyKicksAss » Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:27 pm

I loved this episode, it had me laughing so much! This has to be my favourite from this season, other than Major Boobage. Haha, the boys' reaction to HSM was hilarious!
Psycho Mysterion tattoo

Poor Kenny, trapped forever on my back...

Ah, the memories...

Favourite character: Kenny
Favourite episode: Mysterion Rises
ur_a_towel

Postby ur_a_towel » Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:42 pm

i do not understand the appeal of this episode unless you are gay enough to have sat down and watched hsm to even know what they are parodying. totally predictable ending with the slapping dad at the bball game and the boys getting into the fad too late. "look at me i'm scott malkinson and i have a lisp and diabetes" was hilarious, but everything else sucked harry butters' chin balls. i'm sure they will rebound next week though.
superiorsavior

Postby superiorsavior » Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:37 pm

The episode really grew one me, it got better and better by the minute. Like how they included Garry Glitter music in the background. Wish they'd made more of their own songs though. Where did Kyle's amazingly cute singing ability go off to?

about the continuity, its not the case this season

I noticed that, they keep mentioning things from the previous episode. Like when Kyle made his raped in peru joke, it actually made that episode funny hearing it mentioned again.
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Death will take us so don't fight it. Become it and lean to win.
bulseyscot

Postby bulseyscot » Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:05 pm

I'm new here, so hello!

Great episode, I've never seen HSM but I did understand what this episode was pushing. I used to work in a secondary school (or High School in USA terms) and it was all the kids would tlk about (Being a music teacher didn't help matters!)

Keep up the good work, there have been some cracking new eps! :D
Zolis

Postby Zolis » Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:19 pm

I was just thinking what probably Matt and Trey thought: "We're getting old, you guys".
egorlike

Postby egorlike » Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:44 pm

amazing episode. never watched high school music but still found the episode hilarious.

could anyone tell me whats the song that starts playing during basketball game? i know the second one is by Queen, but what about the one before that.

thanx
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:47 pm

Gary Glitter - Rock & Roll Part II

It's been posted a few times in the past five pages already.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
ned15

Postby ned15 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:57 pm

this episode really is good (i still like breast cancer show better though). but i had the exact same reaction to the boys when they saw HSM too. everyone here loves it, so i was all, "oh, i guess it can't be that bad"...but it was!!!! it's a horid movie that little kids like. the people suck at singing and acting and zac efron isn't even that cute!!!! :evil: :evil: why is it so hard to come across cute guy actors nowadays???? :?
"you musn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling."
eames
ZaketoX2

Postby ZaketoX2 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:01 pm

I was hoping for a bloodbath.
Oh well, it was still a funny episode.

"Its only the most popular thing in our age group. Where have you guys been?"
Craig: "Peru."
emperordarius

Postby emperordarius » Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:20 pm

Hahaha nice episode, especially the Gay dad :lol:
And f :assface: :assface: k High school musical! :mrgreen:
polymorph

Postby polymorph » Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:33 pm

This episode was awesome
The Slapping father was my personally favorite part
Cartman's failed suicide with the hybrid was great
Craig's Peru remark was great
Rasputin, bring in the bucket of soapy frogs and remove his trousers
Pip Tweek

Postby Pip Tweek » Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:42 pm

superiorsavior wrote: Where did Kyle's amazingly cute singing ability go off to?

I don't necessarily think it was singing ability; it was more the nature of the song he was singing. From a melodic perspective, the song really wasn't anything other than a chorus; the verses, I assume, were more or less improvised as they sang it (I mean the melody, not the lyrics :timmy: ). You can't compare his singing in this number to the lonely Jew on Christmas song because that song has a very strong melody.

Speaking of singing, I noticed that when Bridan (sp?) makes his first appearance in the first song, (right after Butters says he can sing as good as anyone) his intonation is actually laughably bad. Trey usually doesn't go for perfection when he sings, but to me it almost sounds like he was singing out of tune on purpose. :lol:
jewish pride

Postby jewish pride » Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:35 pm

Pip Tweek wrote:
superiorsavior wrote: Where did Kyle's amazingly cute singing ability go off to?

I don't necessarily think that was singing ability; it was more the nature of the song he was singing.

nah thats not it really, even though its true that he mostly sings cute songs, its mostly his voice that is so very different, same with the others really
im starting to think matt and trey are doing it on purpose dude, its impossible not to notice now

Pip Tweek wrote:Trey usually doesn't go for perfection when he sings, but to me it almost sounds like he was singing out of tune on purpose. :lol:

oh he does sing silly on purpose alright, its funnier that way really :P
airmoreau86

Postby airmoreau86 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:46 pm

Not gonna lie, this is a top three episode this season. I love the musical parody, even though I haven't seen HSM, I'm confident in its gayness and thank south park for putting it in its place. Great episode, and a bittersweet anticipation for next week's season finale!
whatthejew

Postby whatthejew » Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:10 am

jewish pride wrote:yesss that have been soooo funny!
and about the continuity, its not the case this season, craig said he had been on peru this episode (LOL) and kyle remembered indiana jones' rape in pandemic, so funny :lol:

I noticed that stuff, believe me, I'm just saying, with South Park you can't really count on them to carry on something, even someone having diabetes, through the entire show. It would be awesome if they did, but I don't really expect it. I do love the recent continuity though, the little throw-away jokes alluding to older episodes, they've all been gold.

Pip Tweek wrote:Not to annoy you adorable Kyle fangirls, but I've got to say, the first thing that came to my mind when I saw that promo image with Kyle's modified jewfro was Raggedy Andy. :lol:

Hahaha, you got me there. Kyle's hair is crazy and in a way, it's slightly awful, but I love it just because it's not like anyone else's hair. Besides, you know, Matt's, it's unique to Kyle...and Matt. |;

Oh and I saw High School Musical 3 a little bit ago. I liked it. Whoops, I mean...no really, I did like it. It was cheesy and over-dramatic and not like high school at all, the singing wasn't good, the dancing made me do a Stan at times (Aw, goddammit... >_<) But, yes, I still liked it. Don't ask me why, but I did, it was terribly, horribly awesome, and I think this episode had something to do with it. :'D
Fanfiction account. | Myspace account. | MyAnimeList account.
Much easier to get to know me at one of those.
Also I love Kyle, no pedo, okay, maybe some.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”