*1213 Elementary School Musical* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

ned15

Re: *1213 Elementary School Musical* Post-Air Discussion

Postby ned15 » Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:37 am

whatthejew wrote:Oh and I saw High School Musical 3 a little bit ago. I liked it. Whoops, I mean...no really, I did like it. It was cheesy and over-dramatic and not like high school at all, the singing wasn't good, the dancing made me do a Stan at times (Aw, goddammit... >_<) But, yes, I still liked it. Don't ask me why, but I did, it was terribly, horribly awesome, and I think this episode had something to do with it. :'D

maybe the fact that it was so awful was why it was entertaining? :?
"you musn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling."
eames
RespektMaAuthoritah

Postby RespektMaAuthoritah » Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:50 am

jewish pride wrote:
Pip Tweek wrote:
superiorsavior wrote: Where did Kyle's amazingly cute singing ability go off to?

I don't necessarily think that was singing ability; it was more the nature of the song he was singing.

nah thats not it really, even though its true that he mostly sings cute songs, its mostly his voice that is so very different, same with the others really
im starting to think matt and trey are doing it on purpose dude, its impossible not to notice now

Pip Tweek wrote:Trey usually doesn't go for perfection when he sings, but to me it almost sounds like he was singing out of tune on purpose. :lol:

oh he does sing silly on purpose alright, its funnier that way really :P

I totally see that with Cartman, or at least in The China Probrem, I think Trey's voice was f*cked up. But I don't really see too much of a difference between their voices now and what they were like in the 5th season. Definitely changes from the 1st season, but this is what? 12 years later.
Obviously they were kind of singing out of tune, but they are 37 and singing like 8 year olds, you can't blame them.
whatthejew

Postby whatthejew » Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:57 am

ned15 wrote:
whatthejew wrote:Oh and I saw High School Musical 3 a little bit ago. I liked it. Whoops, I mean...no really, I did like it. It was cheesy and over-dramatic and not like high school at all, the singing wasn't good, the dancing made me do a Stan at times (Aw, goddammit... >_<) But, yes, I still liked it. Don't ask me why, but I did, it was terribly, horribly awesome, and I think this episode had something to do with it. :'D

maybe the fact that it was so awful was why it was entertaining? :?

Or maybe it was because there was a kid who looked like Bridon? And because it felt like they walked up to all the males in the cast and said 'Act really, really, really gay this time. I mean, more than before.' More than likely it's because I'm always enthralled by crappy movies, according to everyone I know all the movies I like are bad. :'3
Fanfiction account. | Myspace account. | MyAnimeList account.
Much easier to get to know me at one of those.
Also I love Kyle, no pedo, okay, maybe some.
whatthejew

Postby whatthejew » Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:58 am

Oh and, stupid as it sounds, it just occured to me that, you know, none of their singing voices sounded much like they used to, and none of the singing sounded all that great. A la HSM, anyone? ;)
ned15

Postby ned15 » Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:04 am

ooooh, maybe i'll see it just for the brydon look-alike kid. i'd probably be watching it and laughing at it the entire time thanks to sp's take on it. i don't really want to pay to see it though, maybe when it comes onto dvd....or on the t.v.
i love crappy movies! well, i don't really like them, but i see them anyway. i'm a huge movie freak, and i always find something that's good about it unless if the movie is total sh*t (like the love guru :? ).
eames
jewish pride

Postby jewish pride » Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:20 am

RespektMaAuthoritah wrote:I totally see that with Cartman, or at least in The China Probrem, I think Trey's voice was f*cked up. But I don't really see too much of a difference between their voices now and what they were like in the 5th season. Definitely changes from the 1st season, but this is what? 12 years later.
Obviously they were kind of singing out of tune, but they are 37 and singing like 8 year olds, you can't blame them.

i dont think it has anything to do with their age since when they did the high voices they were in their late twenties, shouldnt be any easier or harder than now to do the voices for 9 year olds

i dont really mind that they're doing them a bit deeper, its fine with me, i would just like to know wether they are doing it on purpose or not

oh and someone in this thread has mentioned something that it had ocurred to me as well, that when cartman said "this .........is cool? damn we're getting old you guys" it felt like he was speaking directly for matt and trey
they are wrong though, im not a kid but im 20 and young enough i think to oficially say that HSM sucks dick hard, its not like they dont see the good of it because they are not kids anymore, it really is the most puckingly cheesy thing in the world
Pip Tweek

Postby Pip Tweek » Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:29 am

Well, as I said before I'm slightly younger than Matt and Trey (30-something :shock: ) and I can tell you with utmost certainty that had HSM come out when I was 17 or even younger, I STILL would have thought it was the gayest thing in the world.

Despite trivial changes in style, from what I've seen, pop culture itself hasn't changed much at all since the days of Elvis. We're still being force-fed intellectual garbage from the media giants and expected to lap it up like mindless domesticated animals.
whatthejew

Postby whatthejew » Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:36 am

Well, one thing though. I have a 6 year old little sister and she absolutely adores High School Musical. She's a total free spirit, does whatever she wants to, hates Hannah Montana with a passion and, because she saw one clip of South Park, always brings up 'that funny show where they pee on their teacher.' But she loves HSM, because for little kids the singing and stuff is just fun.

However, yeah, it's not the best series out there, it's Disney vomit, styled into happily ever afters that aren't remotely realistic. The acting is subpar, the singing is even worse. Don't get me started on the dance numbers. But it's cute in a way, maybe just because I see my little sister like it so much. :3

Oh, and because someone mentioned The Love Guru. Good lord do I hate Mike Meyers, honestly, some of the stuff that is apparently 'funny' these days... Dx
RespektMaAuthoritah

Postby RespektMaAuthoritah » Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:46 am

jewish pride wrote:
RespektMaAuthoritah wrote:I totally see that with Cartman, or at least in The China Probrem, I think Trey's voice was f*cked up. But I don't really see too much of a difference between their voices now and what they were like in the 5th season. Definitely changes from the 1st season, but this is what? 12 years later.

i dont think it has anything to do with their age since when they did the high voices they were in their late twenties, shouldnt be any easier or harder than now to do the voices for 9 year olds

i dont really mind that they're doing them a bit deeper, its fine with me, i would just like to know wether they are doing it on purpose or not

oh and someone in this thread has mentioned something that it had ocurred to me as well, that when cartman said "this .........is cool? damn we're getting old you guys" it felt like he was speaking directly for matt and trey
they are wrong though, im not a kid but im 20 and young enough i think to oficially say that HSM sucks dick hard, its not like they dont see the good of it because they are not kids anymore, it really is the most puckingly cheesy thing in the world

I kind of do think they're getting a little old. Well, late 30's is relatively young for the average person, but for athletes, musicians, or people like Matt and Trey, it seems old. I don't exactly think they would've ever thought HSM was cool, even as kids. I was just watching an interview with Trey and he said by the time of 6th grade, he had done a skit for the talent show. And it was 'What Could Go Wrong at the Dentists' and he had fake blood and sh*t everywhere and everyone was really offended. So I'm pretty sure they would never ever be into HSM so I doubt they were referring to themselves. But they ARE getting a little elderly for what they do. But then again, you need to think, Isaac Hayes was in his 50's and 60's throughout his years at South Park. David Alen Grier (The host of Chocolate News) is 53. Jon Stewart is 45. So they still have a long way to go before they really need to be "elderly". I'd just say they are getting a bit less "hip". Either way they are still the baddest motherf*ckers on the west "sied".
whatthejew

Postby whatthejew » Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:00 am

Jon Stewart is such a cutie, seriously, I love him. :'D

Anyway, here's live-action Bridon if anyone was wondering what he looked like. It's kind of a sh*tty picture, but there really aren't a lot of good ones of him out there. But I swear, he has the same hair as Bridon and he wears bracelets in the movie like Bridon's. It almost creeped me out. xD
ned15

Postby ned15 » Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:06 am

^ oh my gosh, that's so scary. his hair is exactly the same :shock: scary!

WALL*E is coming out on dvd. ahh, i'm so excited. i loved that movie (i know, this should be in the random thread).
eames
jewish pride

Postby jewish pride » Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:09 am

RespektMaAuthoritah wrote:I kind of do think they're getting a little old. Well, late 30's is relatively young for the average person, but for athletes, musicians, or people like Matt and Trey, it seems old. I don't exactly think they would've ever thought HSM was cool, even as kids. I was just watching an interview with Trey and he said by the time of 6th grade, he had done a skit for the talent show. And it was 'What Could Go Wrong at the Dentists' and he had fake blood and sh*t everywhere and everyone was really offended. So I'm pretty sure they would never ever be into HSM so I doubt they were referring to themselves. But they ARE getting a little elderly for what they do. But then again, you need to think, Isaac Hayes was in his 50's and 60's throughout his years at South Park. David Alen Grier (The host of Chocolate News) is 53. Jon Stewart is 45. So they still have a long way to go before they really need to be "elderly". I'd just say they are getting a bit less "hip". Either way they are still the baddest motherf*ckers on the west "sied".

nah, to me you dont really get old until you reach 50 years old, 30 years is nothing dude
slumlord

Postby slumlord » Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:15 am

i was completely annoyed and totally entertained by this ep. nice.
BigCamera4892

Postby BigCamera4892 » Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:12 am

bulseyscot wrote:I'm new here, so hello!

Great episode, I've never seen HSM but I did understand what this episode was pushing. I used to work in a secondary school (or High School in USA terms) and it was all the kids would tlk about (Being a music teacher didn't help matters!)

Keep up the good work, there have been some cracking new eps! :D

You're new here? Well welcome! There is a real community here in these forums. Looking forward to your next posts!

Welcome to South Park Studios Forum
BigCamera4892

Postby BigCamera4892 » Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:17 am

whatthejew wrote:
Pip Tweek wrote:Not to annoy you adorable Kyle fangirls, but I've got to say, the first thing that came to my mind when I saw that promo image with Kyle's modified jewfro was Raggedy Andy. :lol:

Hahaha, you got me there. Kyle's hair is crazy and in a way, it's slightly awful, but I love it just because it's not like anyone else's hair. Besides, you know, Matt's, it's unique to Kyle...and Matt. |;

I think Kyle's hair IS like someone else's hair -- his mother Shiela Broflovski ! Same color, and very similar style. Don't ya'll thing so?

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”