*1214: The Ungroundable* Pre-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Big-Will
Board Moderator

Re: *1214: The Ungroundable* Pre-Air Discussion

Postby Big-Will » Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:04 am

KennyMcCookie wrote:They already did in "The Return of the Fellowship of the Ring to the Two Towers".

That's Lord of the Rings, not Harry Potter. Don't confuse Gandalf for Dumbledore.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
VAVROOMM

Postby VAVROOMM » Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:06 am

They said something about it in there. It wasn't a parody, but pretty much while walking around there were these kids playing Harry Potter and Cartman screamed how Harry Potter is for fags, or something to that extent. I'm a HUGE Harry Potter fan, so it sticks in my mind. I thought it was actually pretty hilarious.

The fact is, anyways, that Harry Potter is a well thought out and well-written novel that makes sense and progresses with character depth and plot situation. Twilight is an over-rated fanfiction. How is even got published is beyond me. I am so ready for the Twilight fad to die down.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:26 am

VAVROOMM wrote:They said something about it in there. It wasn't a parody, but pretty much while walking around there were these kids playing Harry Potter and Cartman screamed how Harry Potter is for homosexuals, or something to that extent. I'm a HUGE Harry Potter fan, so it sticks in my mind. I thought it was actually pretty hilarious.

Ahhh, good eye! The boys did say that.

Boy 1: I shall put the magic spell on you!
Boy 2: I have blocked your spell, wizard!
Kyle: Hey, what are you guys doing?
Boy 3: We're playing Harry Potter.
Cartman: ... HA!! F*gs!!

(seriouslih, I like my own censoring better than the board's...)
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
superiorsavior

Postby superiorsavior » Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:28 am

If they parrody twighlight (or i am legend, or any other vampire thing) with the kind f throwawway remrks from the early seasons and the LOTR episode, it'd work. But i'm not sure if they can be even that subtle anymore.
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Death will take us so don't fight it. Become it and lean to win.
Wishful_Thinking

Postby Wishful_Thinking » Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:32 am

I, too, can't stand Twilight. Whatthejew's summary of it pretty much summed up the whole series. I'm ashamed to admit that I wasted an hour of my life reading the first 100 pages or so of the first book because two of my friends are obsessed with it, not to mention pissing their pants in anticipation for the movie release this Friday.

And comparing it to Harry Potter is an insult to JK Rowling. She created intricate, detailed, fascinating, original and unique plots along with wonderfully dynamic, 3-dimensional characters that you can't help but fall in love with. You start to believe that there is such a thing as Hogwarts and wizards (I started the series when I was ten, and I was sercretly, eagerly awaiting my 11th birthday to recieve a letter to Hogwarts as well, haha).

Stephanie Meyer? Notsomuch. As others have been saying, she pretty much wrote a fanfiction of her life. I bet she was the ugly, freak girl in high school who desperately wanted to be f*cked by the hottest guy in school. Only she made it in her story that he's a vampire, so he MUST be attracted to her blood.

Ack, sorry about the rant! I'll stay on topic: I dislike Butters. I'm not looking forward to the episode. (*leaves grumbling about the decline of South Park*)
RespektMaAuthoritah

Postby RespektMaAuthoritah » Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:01 am

"So Twilight is like a huge cultural phenomenon. You knew that right? You didn't just learn of its existence this month, did you? I mean, what are you, some kind of 30-something blogger with a sudden, startling and involuntary detachment from the fast-changing world around him? Either way, Twilight is all the rage. So much so that it's fodder for this week's season finale of South Park."-Comedy Central Insider.

...Okay maybe it IS a Twilight parody...But it doesn't seem like it will be a direct one. Like Pandemic was straightforward what happened in Cloverfield with Randy. But this seems like it will be more loosely based. I mean...how could this end up? Will this be a romance episode with the vampire and Butters...and I can't tell if the vampire is a chick or not but either way it would be f*cked up. All I know for sure is that Kenny will die in this episode, he dies once per season, he hasn't died yet this season, so he will die in this episode, he has to. So it will most likely be more of a Vampires attacking the rest of the kids episode...GOD DAMN I DON'T KNOW! IT'S REALLY DIFFICULT TO FIGURE OUT!
whatthejew

Postby whatthejew » Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:03 am

There's a bulliten board at my school. One week we had things up about the Beatles, another week about dream interpretation and then saving rainforests. This week? Twilight. There are girls walking around my school with duct tape, written in sharpie on them it'll say '3 days untill Twilight' (half of them have that typo, the extra 'l' in until, which is either irony or proof of something). Needless to say, I'm sick of it, I think I might puke.

If anyone dares to compare Stephenie Meyer to J. K. Rowling I will...just don't do it. Rowling is on a completely different level than Meyer. I will say Rowling is not the best writer in the world, but she's an amazing story-teller, she makes you want more because you know whatever she writes next will be something you could have never imagined. Meyer makes 13-18 year old girls want to read more because it's all their little minds could have imagined but Meyer got there first to put it into words, now they don't even have to think, they can just read her poorly written books.

I'm really hoping this episode doesn't have much to do with Twilight...even though it probably will. Maybe a little mention, but I'm sick of the series, I don't want to hear about it too much. Just making fun of vampires and goth kids and whatnot in general, that's good with me, really. It's good.
Fanfiction account. | Myspace account. | MyAnimeList account.
Much easier to get to know me at one of those.
Also I love Kyle, no pedo, okay, maybe some.
juniorv03

Postby juniorv03 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:04 am

You guys better not take six months to come out with the next season... After this show...

I really didn't enjoy waiting before 6months for the China Problem... So Don't let us down... only take a month!!!
Diabeteth

Postby Diabeteth » Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:05 am

Hey, you never know what will happen. This episode might totally rule, but it also could completely fail. After some thought, I've decided that those of you who say this won't parody Twilight are probably correct. I still hope for a short reference or joke that makes it look really stupid, but to be honest, a whole episode making fun of Twilight would likely be pretty boring and lacking in plot. Season finales should not be that way on any show, especially South Park.
Give a man a match, and he'll be warm for an hour. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Schliby

Postby Schliby » Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:08 am

I walk downstairs and find my cousin (13 year old girl) and my grandma (?? years old) watching a special on twilight and talking about how they are going to start reading the books... I tried to explain how retarded it was but they looked at me like iwas crazy!!! Now thier gonna start reading the books!!! Twilight is becoming more popular!!! :(
"Time is a thing we must accept.
The unexpected I sometimes fear.
Just when I feel there's no excuse
for what happens, things fall into place.
I know there is no way to avoid
the pain that we must go through,
to find the other half that is true"
Tustin2121

Postby Tustin2121 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:12 am

whatthejew wrote:If anyone dares to compare Stephenie Meyer to J. K. Rowling I will...just don't do it.

JK Rowling > Stephanie Meyer

Ha! I just compared JRK to SM! What are you going to do about it?! :D

Seriously though, you should meet my cousin. You sound like her - at least on the subject of Twilight. I can't wait until Thanksgiving when she comes over and she and my sister will battle it out over Twilight. My sister loves the books.

I am definitely showing this episode to them at Thanksgiving, even if I have to show it to them clip by clip!
KennyMcCookie

Postby KennyMcCookie » Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:15 am

RespektMaAuthoritah wrote:"So Twilight is like a huge cultural phenomenon. You knew that right? You didn't just learn of its existence this month, did you? I mean, what are you, some kind of 30-something blogger with a sudden, startling and involuntary detachment from the fast-changing world around him? Either way, Twilight is all the rage. So much so that it's fodder for this week's season finale of South Park."-Comedy Central Insider.

...Okay maybe it IS a Twilight parody...But it doesn't seem like it will be a direct one. Like Pandemic was straightforward what happened in Cloverfield with Randy. But this seems like it will be more loosely based. I mean...how could this end up? Will this be a romance episode with the vampire and Butters...and I can't tell if the vampire is a chick or not but either way it would be f*cked up. All I know for sure is that Kenny will die in this episode, he dies once per season, he hasn't died yet this season, so he will die in this episode, he has to. So it will most likely be more of a Vampires attacking the rest of the kids episode...GOD DAMN I DON'T KNOW! IT'S REALLY DIFFICULT TO FIGURE OUT!

Well, he didn't die in season 7 or 10.
Top 5 Favorite Characters
1. Kenny McCormick
2. (Goth) Stan Marsh
3. Leopold "Butters" Stotch
4. Red Goth
5. Curly Goth
Diabeteth

Postby Diabeteth » Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:20 am

KennyMcCookie wrote:
RespektMaAuthoritah wrote:"So Twilight is like a huge cultural phenomenon. You knew that right? You didn't just learn of its existence this month, did you? I mean, what are you, some kind of 30-something blogger with a sudden, startling and involuntary detachment from the fast-changing world around him? Either way, Twilight is all the rage. So much so that it's fodder for this week's season finale of South Park."-Comedy Central Insider.

He did die in season 7. Remember its finale? It's Christmas in Canada? Yeah...
And he didn't die in season 10, but we did get the lines at least when his World of Warcraft character was killed.
Woo, thinking about Kenny dying makes me really happy. Does that make me a real fan or an evil maniac?
Give a man a match, and he'll be warm for an hour. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
KennyMcCookie

Postby KennyMcCookie » Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:22 am

whatthejew wrote:There's a bulliten board at my school. One week we had things up about the Beatles, another week about dream interpretation and then saving rainforests. This week? Twilight. There are girls walking around my school with duct tape, written in sharpie on them it'll say '3 days untill Twilight' (half of them have that typo, the extra 'l' in until, which is either irony or proof of something). Needless to say, I'm sick of it, I think I might puke.

If anyone dares to compare Stephenie Meyer to J. K. Rowling I will...just don't do it. Rowling is on a completely different level than Meyer. I will say Rowling is not the best writer in the world, but she's an amazing story-teller, she makes you want more because you know whatever she writes next will be something you could have never imagined. Meyer makes 13-18 year old girls want to read more because it's all their little minds could have imagined but Meyer got there first to put it into words, now they don't even have to think, they can just read her poorly written books.

I'm really hoping this episode doesn't have much to do with Twilight...even though it probably will. Maybe a little mention, but I'm sick of the series, I don't want to hear about it too much. Just making fun of vampires and goth kids and whatnot in general, that's good with me, really. It's good.

You're lucky. There are posters all over my school about Twilight and they even made an announcement over the intercom this morning about the movie coming out on Friday. Ughh...Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince was supposed to come out this Friday but they delayed it until next year and it's being replaced with....TWILIGHT?!
1. Kenny McCormick
2. (Goth) Stan Marsh
4. Red Goth
5. Curly Goth
KennyMcCookie

Postby KennyMcCookie » Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:23 am

Diabeteth wrote:
KennyMcCookie wrote:

He did die in season 7. Remember its finale? It's Christmas in Canada? Yeah...
And he didn't die in season 10, but we did get the lines at least when his World of Warcraft character was killed.
Woo, thinking about Kenny dying makes me really happy. Does that make me a real fan or an evil maniac?

I meant season 6. o.O
1. Kenny McCormick
2. (Goth) Stan Marsh
4. Red Goth
5. Curly Goth

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”