*1214: The Ungroundable* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

strumpfhose

Re: *1214: The Ungroundable* Post-Air Discussion

Postby strumpfhose » Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:09 pm

BRMBug wrote:Oh, also I think that the first run had better episodes than the second.

Wayyyy better! I think this run was probably the worst run ever, so far.
shogun1234

Postby shogun1234 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:36 pm

F@$% you all. I loved dis episode. Goth kids FTW.
shizack

Postby shizack » Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:39 pm

As an episode - very good. Not outstanding; just very good.
As a season-ender - didn't feel like one. Nothing major happened.

I was afraid they may have "jumped the shark" (I'm old enough that I actually watched the originating episode where "He Who Will Not Be Named" jumped a shark) after the "Britney's New Look" episode. Fortunately this was not the case.

My enthusiasm has not dwindled; looking forward to season 13.
Dork Vader

Postby Dork Vader » Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:03 pm

shizack wrote:As an episode - very good. Not outstanding; just very good.
As a season-ender - didn't feel like one. Nothing major happened.

I was afraid they may have "jumped the shark" (I'm old enough that I actually watched the originating episode where "He Who Will Not Be Named" jumped a shark) after the "Britney's New Look" episode. Fortunately this was not the case.

My enthusiasm has not dwindled; looking forward to season 13.

Yeah, it was a great episode and all that, but it didn't realy feel like a season finale. Funny though.
CHEL BEAN

Postby CHEL BEAN » Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:33 pm

BURN HOT TOPIC, BURN!!!
I hate hot topic and all the phoney people that shop there.
I loved this episode.
Dude, dolphins are intelligent and friendly!

Intelligent and friendly on rye bread with some mayonaisse.
clyde frog

Postby clyde frog » Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:06 pm

i didn't realize that was the last episode of the season - wow. i thought it was a pretty weak episode to begin with but now knowing it was the season finale?! i don't think i have such crazy high standards i just want to laugh during an episode and this season - with the exception of guinea pigs dressed in costumes - the laughs were pretty sparse for me. I always think they're somewhat clever and they make fun of relevant things. But I don't watch a show just so I can go - Wow! That is an accurate cultural reference! I don't think it's just that I'm obsessed with their stuff from before (I'll even go as recent as last season!) and that I'm holding them to that standard, I wouldn't normally watch any show that kept me so unentertained. I don't want to give up on them but this is really not doing it for me. :timmy:
Maury, I am out of control. Yeah, I use drugs. I can do what I waunt, biatch! Yeah, I have sex, and I don't use protection! It's my hot body; I'll do what I waunt! I don't go to school and I kill people! What-evah! I'll do what I waunt!
Aids Burger

Postby Aids Burger » Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:07 pm

Big-Will wrote:
brianmoon10 wrote:i was sort of disappointed though because they talk differently now, just raspy voices, long ago they had a accent but still talked clearly

Smoking tends to make your voice raspy, heh.

Will speaks the truth. Ageing is also a factor in making one's voice sound different. When you all approach 40 you will be able to understand this.

It was funny because my husband and I were also playing World at War right before the episode (we are huge CoD fans and I was wondering if any game reference would be made this season, and if so which one), we also laughed when they were drinking clamato because our house is fully stocked with that crap (it's all my old man will add to his Ketel One).

With respect to season 12, I thought the first half really sucked cock. I will not re-watch any of those episodes, in fact, I'm going to pretend they never existed at all. I did enjoy the 2nd half though, I will definitely download all of them off the Xbox to catch the uncensored versions. I look forward to Season 13 already, and I hope the guys have a nice break. I read they will be coming here to New York soon, I look forward to attending their show on Broadway :D
sandyjose

Postby sandyjose » Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:16 pm

:( what is going on? this episode totally sucked . did anyone eles think it was good?
jewish pride

Postby jewish pride » Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:19 pm

it was a bit dissapointing for a season final, but nowhere near as much as stanley's cup

the kids at first playing that game while mackey gave the class was really funny XD and bebe flipping cartman off, she gets many points in my book for that hehehe
-thang

Postby -thang » Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:44 pm

Overall, I thought this episode sucked (no pun intended). As a season finale it was weak. The main boys were barely in there. I don't care too much for the goth kids, so the whole episode was bland. As a whole, the whole 12th season sucked as well.

I thought the guinea pigs were stupid. What are we 12? And I know some of you guys are (not that that's bad) but I liked it better when the boys were just being boys and had their own little adventures. I don't like it when they have to save the world or anything like that. Good examples from the past few seasons would be "Breast Cancer Show Ever" and "The List". I thought those were so much more funny than Indiana Jones getting raped a thousand times.

"Major Boobage" was funny too, but other than that, this season blew. Just go back to its roots where it used to be funny. Stop trying so hard to be funny and just be it. Stop making parodies of everything and make more original material. Feel free to comment (positively or negatively).
"No kitty this is my potpie" -Cartman

Kid at CartmanLand: Daddy Daddy, can I go on the rocket?
Cartman: G*d D*mmit get the f*ck outta my way!!
Verlepte Waangek

Postby Verlepte Waangek » Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:50 pm

What's everybody's deal with Stanley's Cup? I loved that episode, especially the anti-climatic ending. "No hope, no hope..." PEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP

I personally didn't like last two episodes. Here in Holland, High School Musical is nowhere near the hit it apperently is in the States - in fact, I never heard much more of it than the name. The episode wasn't too bad, but it didn't really 'do it' for me.
Now, I've never heard of Twilight or Hot Topic before, so those jokes were totally lost on me. And the episode kind of hang on those jokes. I mean, the focus on the goth kids was nice, but not more than that.

Oh, and to those who wonder what's up mr. Stotch's ass, I suggest you go watch Butters' show and Cartman Sucks again - it might shed some light on his frustrations...
Then you can see his problem is that there's nothing up his ass...
"C'est l'Ennui! - l'oeil chargé d'un pleur involontaire,
Il rêve d'échafauds en fumant son houka.
Tu le connais, lecteur, ce monstre délicat,
- Hypocrite lecteur, - mon semblable, - mon frère!"

Charles Baudelaire - Au Lecteur
ShadowMasamune

Postby ShadowMasamune » Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:55 pm

BigCamera4892 wrote:
ShadowMasamune wrote:i signed up to express my feelings about this season...

Analysis: The essence of South Park is the four boys: Stan, Kyle, Cartman, and Butters.

South Park is about the only thing I watch on a consistent basis.

Thank you.

ShadowMasamune

"Butters" as one of the four main boys? What show are you watching? Substitute "Butters" for "Kenny" and you have the correct four boys, at least for 12 seasons now.

ShadowMasamune wrote:South Park is about the only thing I watch on a consistent basis.

If so, then you should know it's "Kenny" and not "Butters" as one of the four boys. Please watch again (if you have really watched any at all) of all of the episodes of all 12 seasons again and you will see that it's true. Please do that and then join us again here back on planet Earth -- we want you to come back.

You are overlooking what I said and paying attention to a minor detail that has nothing to do with this topic, but I will reply as to say the creators have made Butters the 4th guy. Why don't YOU look at the recent episodes? You'll find Butter's having a much large presence than Kenny and sometimes even Stan and Kyle. The Butters/Cartman story occurs in several episodes of late. Kenny has appeared in fewer and fewer shows as the South Park has evolved. If YOU pay attention, you would realize that the creators have written him out of the script and replaced him with Butters; giving Kenny only an occasional cameo appearance with a somewhat large role (Like in Major Boobage).
twixhunta

Postby twixhunta » Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:14 pm

This episode wasn t funny at all...
C`mon it s about vamires, how lame is that?episodes are getting worse every week...
I never thought they could rape south park harder than spielberg did with indiana jones but there s a huge dick searching for a buthole...
den iv

Postby den iv » Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:17 pm

This episode completely and utterly sucked ass ...
i mean , what on earth is happening with south park ? Season 12 was , apart from some really good episodes ( Major Boobage ) , THE most crappy south park season ever produced. Since Season 8 ( which is in my opinion the peak of South Parks awesomeness ) , the show has constantly gotten worse ... to finally end up at such a point like this.

They REALLY need to rethink the show completely over for season 13 , unless they want to end up producing something worse than this ... which no one would really like to see.
superiorsavior

Postby superiorsavior » Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:27 pm

Well, those people who were saying this was only going to be a twighlight parrody wre clearly proven wrong... it also parrodied Blood Rain. Like the goth kids using their old quotes. Goth Vs. Goth! What was with the 'per say' thing? Butters casset player was lulz though.

Didn't like the COD parts, I can see that in my own classes :p

Chris was just disturbingly child abusive today :(
Superior2you
Check my Fanarts!

Death will take us so don't fight it. Become it and lean to win.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”