*1214: The Ungroundable* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

whatthejew

Re: *1214: The Ungroundable* Post-Air Discussion

Postby whatthejew » Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:41 am

RespektMaAuthoritah wrote:Whoa. Whatthejew, cool new avatar. It's so weird when someone just changes their avatar like that.

Hey, hey thanks.
I wanted the purple hair, what can I say? xD

Oh and you couldn't pay me to live anywhere in California, except maybe Venice (three guesses as to why that's an exception), it's such a disgustingly overrated state, no thank you. :3
Fanfiction account. | Myspace account. | MyAnimeList account.
Much easier to get to know me at one of those.
Also I love Kyle, no pedo, okay, maybe some.
BigCamera4892

Postby BigCamera4892 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:48 am

whatthejew wrote:
RespektMaAuthoritah wrote:Whoa. Whatthejew, cool new avatar. It's so weird when someone just changes their avatar like that.

Hey, hey thanks.

Oh and you couldn't pay me to live anywhere in California, except maybe Venice (three guesses as to why that's an exception), it's such a disgustingly overrated state, no thank you. :3

I hear you, but I guess whereever you hang your hat, you're home. I love L.A. (but not South-Central).

In the Winter, it could be in the '70's at my house, and in 1/2 hour I'm in Malibu for a beach party, or 1 1/2 hours the other way I am at the ski slopes up at 8,000 feet. And, I do both in the same day: Ski in the morning, beach party in Malibu at night.

Try it, you'll like it! But not South-Central.
Cartmania4Ever

Postby Cartmania4Ever » Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:58 am

BigCamera4892 wrote:You just proved you're not from Mars, or Earth either. Maybe from Saturn? Notice my Avatar's expression -- I'm worried about you :(

For f*ck's sake, man. Give it a rest. Who in the world really gives a sh*t about whether Butters or Kenny is among the 4 main characters? Christ, this is just like those two geeks in the "Fourth Grade" episode arguing over how many original Star Trek episodes there were.

P.S. Hey, look at my avatar. I'm mad. Oooooh.
whatthejew

Postby whatthejew » Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:00 am

BigCamera4892 wrote:
whatthejew wrote:

Hey, hey thanks.

I hear you, but I guess whereever you hang your hat, you're home. I love L.A. (but not South-Central).

In the Winter, it could be in the '70's at my house, and in 1/2 hour I'm in Malibu for a beach party, or 1 1/2 hours the other way I am at the ski slopes up at 8,000 feet. And, I do both in the same day: Ski in the morning, beach party in Malibu at night.

Gross, I hate beaches, I have an (admittedly irrationally) fear of sharks. As for skiing, never tried it but it can't be too hard, pizza, french fry and all that...but nah. It's the hippies and overrated celebrities and forest fires and earthquakes (I know they don't happen often, but once again, irrational fear, being burned alive or caught in an earthquake.)

I have Tweek-like paranoia and anxiety, really, they're out to get me, man.
Fanfiction account. | Myspace account. | MyAnimeList account.
Much easier to get to know me at one of those.
Also I love Kyle, no pedo, okay, maybe some.
BigCamera4892

Postby BigCamera4892 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:09 am

Cartmania4Ever wrote:
BigCamera4892 wrote:You just proved you're not from Mars, or Earth either. Maybe from Saturn? Notice my Avatar's expression -- I'm worried about you :(

For f*ck's sake, man. Give it a rest. Who in the world really gives a sh*t about whether Butters or Kenny is among the 4 main characters? Christ, this is just like those two geeks in the "Fourth Grade" episode arguing over how many original Star Trek episodes there were.

P.S. Hey, look at my avatar. I'm mad. Oooooh.

There were 80 Original Star Trek episodes. "The Menagerie" a/k/a "The Cage" was a two-parter, but still only one episode, as discussed in the SP episode you referred to. Season 1 of Star Trek, episodes 101-130; Season 2, episodes 201-226; Season 3, episodes 301-324.

Give it a rest, Cartmania4Ever -- I am worried about you.

And who seems to care whether Butters or Kenny is among the 4 main characters, why YOU do, as to all beings from the Planet Saturn do.

I'm worried about you. :(
Last edited by BigCamera4892 on Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:42 am, edited 3 times in total.
BigCamera4892

Postby BigCamera4892 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:14 am

whatthejew wrote:
BigCamera4892 wrote:

Hey, hey thanks.

Gross, I hate beaches, I have an (admittedly irrationally) fear of sharks. As for skiing, never tried it but it can't be too hard, pizza, french fry and all that...but nah. It's the hippies and overrated celebrities and forest fires and earthquakes (I know they don't happen often, but once again, irrational fear, being burned alive or caught in an earthquake.)

I have Tweek-like paranoia and anxiety, really, they're out to get me, man.

Well, you could stay on the beach and not go into the water, and enjoy a good cook-out, can't you?

And the Pizza/French Fry system absolutely is the best, you're right. That's how I ski. You're gonna have a good time :D When you french fry instead of Pizza, then you'll have a bad time :(
vamp13

Postby vamp13 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:33 am

this episode is freakin awesome!!! i mean i DO wear vamp fangs, but ive had them for WAY longer than the butthole twilight seiries of books, i hat those books they turnd vamps into something girly, annyways this was extra relateable in my case XD :unhoodedkenny:

ps: if you send hate mail, i kill you.

Postby 203177 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:37 am

I didn't care for this episode too much. But the only part i liked was when the goth said f*ck you to every one at the end. :)
My favorite sp characters: Bridon(he's so cute!)
Kyle,Stan, Kenny/Mysterion.

Fave ep: ESM Season 12,Sec fave: Butterballs Season 16
BigCamera4892

Postby BigCamera4892 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:43 am

You mean, F*CK YOU, PER SE :lol:
Stan's Girl

Postby Stan's Girl » Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:51 am

I've been watching South Park since it first started, but THIS is the episode that made me feel compelled to comment. Freakin' amazing. Goths + Vampires + Butters = pure genius.
Way to go, Matt and Trey! <3
DEFINEsammie

Postby DEFINEsammie » Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:06 am

Tonsil Trouble: 10/10 absolutely my favourite ep. ever.
Britney's New Look: 6/10
Major Boobage: 9/10
Canada on Strike: 9/10
Eek A Penis: 6.5/10
Overlogging: 9/10
Super Fun Time: 7/10
The China Probrem: 4/10
Breast Cancer Show Ever: 10/10 Second favourite :P
Pandemic: 8/10
Pandemic 2: 6/10
About Last Night: 9/10
Elementary School Musical: 8/10
Ungroundable: oh lal havent seen it, I live in canada.
i love stany

Postby i love stany » Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:11 am

I love the goths, so for me it was a great season finale C:
A SouthPark Orange

Postby A SouthPark Orange » Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:16 am

Really liked that one. Not great, and like people already pointed out, it did not feel like a season finale, but good nevertheless. It kinda felt like "Raisins" from season 7.
The part in the principal's office, when it became clear that she was talking to the goth kids, cracked me up and I also liked the part in which the goths were referred to as "the fat girl, the big-nosed kid etc." because it says so much with such few words.

Apart from that, there weren't that many laughs and I missed the main kids. But at least they didn't pair up Butters with Cartman AGAIN, and anyway, I've always liked that goth kids. Butters parents are among my favourite adults, so I'm glad they got a fair amount of screen time - like the title already suggested. I still think, though, that the Butters-plot could have used a bit more jokes. Him being stuck unvolantarily in a seemingly "gay" situation with Cartman has been done often enough and is getting old: "Cartman Sucks" and "Super Phun Tyme" come to mind.
Overall, still good episode. It wasn't laugh-out-loud funny, but entertaining and had a few good jokes, and wasn't a parody of something, which is a huge plus in my book.
8/10

I haven't yet made a comment about the other episodes, so I hope it's ok if I do it now:

1. China Problem: Liked the Cartman/Butters plot, but the City Wok-Guy could've been used. I'm still glad the goverment and the pentagon or something weren't envolved. The Indiana Jones-part: Well , I think it was unnecessary. That whole subplot just screamed: "Look how shocking we are". I personally can do without detailed rape scenes that are - again - movie-references. Overall very weak episode, but not the worst they've ever done. Around 2/10 and that only for the Cartman/Butters plot. Could have worked without the Indy-subplot.

2. "Breast Cancer show ever": Nothing left to be said: entertaining school-plot. 8/10

3. Pandemic 1: Ok, nothing special. Craig's comments were funny, and at least they've used the 4 main kids. 5/10

4. Pandemic 2: I was surprised in a positive way. The guinea-animals were hilarious and I liked that it wasn't a metaphor about a serious political subject. The Randy part was kinda overused. The end was great. 7/10

5. "About Last night": What should I say - best episode of this half-season and on par with "Super Phun Tyme". I expected it to be a crappy, unfunny and preachy episode in which the kids act like adults and break into the white house or something, but it turned out to be an extremely funny even-handed parody of the reactions after the election. The only downside of this: Instead of parodying another movie, Ocean's 11, they could have made a normal heist plot. 9/10

6. ESM: Well, another parody. I like that they kept taking Kenny as the 4th main kid instead of Butters, but the songs could have been so much better.
I know that was done on purpose in order to show how that movies suck, but we haven't had that many musical numbers in the last few years and I'd have preferred good ones. "Helen Keller, the musical", "Mr. Hankey's Christmas Classics" and "Bigger, Longer and Uncut" were excellent musicals. They could have made fun of those HSM-films just by making fun of them in the lyrics - like they did in "Rainforest-Schmainforest". Apart from that the laughs were few and far between. About 5/10

All in all 4 hits, 3 misses. Still a lot better and, more importantly, funnier than the weak first half of the season, which only had SFT and TT. But SP still needs to get better.
Last edited by A SouthPark Orange on Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pip: Besides, I hate french people.
RespektMaAuthoritah

Postby RespektMaAuthoritah » Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:23 am

I would totally sum-up and rate this season, but I'm a lazy assh*le. So all I have to say is this season has my two favorite episodes, BCSE and Major Boobage other than that the season has been pretty good.

And I have a good feeling about season 13, I don't know why, and 13 is supposed to be unlucky, but I'm really pumped for it...but it's a ways away. I wonder what they will do in the middle of the break, like last time they had the day-by-day making thing and the Major Boobage thing. Hopefully they do something cool here over the break.
RespektMaAuthoritah

Postby RespektMaAuthoritah » Fri Nov 21, 2008 5:55 am

I've said this over 9000 times already.

But does anyone feel like South Park is kind of going back to the way it was back at the beginning? Stan and Wendy are back together, Stan puked in Wendy's face again, Mrs. Garrison is Mr. Garrison, Cartman got beat up by a girl which is what would happen to him back in the day, they said ass master (rectus dominus) for the first time since the first season, they aren't political and preachy anymore, they have the goth kids again, the boys tried to do one of their old money making schemes. I mean, it goes on.

By the way, f*ck yea, vampire teeth.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”