*1214: The Ungroundable* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

RespektMaAuthoritah

Re: *1214: The Ungroundable* Post-Air Discussion

Postby RespektMaAuthoritah » Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:40 am

Season 12 has been a really great guy, eh was funny and doesn't afraid of anything....lol wut

Tonsil Trouble: 6/10 (they already had an AIDS episode)
Britney's New Look: 6/10
Major Boobage: 10/10
Canada On Strike: 9/10
Eek a Penis!: 8/10 (Just because Mr. Garrison is back)
OverLogging: 8/10
Super Fun Time:8.5/10
The China Probrem: 8.5/10 (I'm a sick f*ck so I laughed at the rape scenes)
Breast Cancer Show Ever: 10/10
Pandemic: 8/10
Pandemic 2: 8.5/10
About Last Night: 8.5/10
Elementary School Musical: 9.5/10
The Ungroundable: 9/10

It wasn't THAT full of lulz, or at least as much as I credited it for, but some episodes were really interesting and cool like BCSE.
And others were just hilarious like Major Boobage.

Also, (I don't know how many times I've said this) but in this season, they kind of started going back to the way they were: A lot of Wendy, a Cartman who is a sh!thead and gets his ass kicked by a girl, Stan and Wendy are back together, Mr. Garrison's back, not political, had "misto" kitty, had the Goth Kids. So that's really cool.
RespektMaAuthoritah

Postby RespektMaAuthoritah » Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:43 am

Hopliitti wrote:Tonsil Trouble: 5/10
Brittany's New Look: 1/10
Major Boobage: 6/10
Canada on Strike: 4/10
Eek A Penis: 6/10
Overlogging: 6/10
Super Fun Time: 6/10
The China Probrem: 4/10
Breast Cancer Show Ever: 2/10
Pandemic: 1/10
Pandemic 2: 1/10
About Last Night: 8/10
Elementary School Musical: 4/10
Ungroundable: 5/10

This season should never have happened. If the next season doesn't start with a bang then I guess it's time to put this one to sleep.

And yea dude, you obviously are not laughing at these episodes or anything. So if all you're going to do is baw at this season, it's time for you to switch to Family Guy or something.
wolfreaper080

Postby wolfreaper080 » Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:46 am

It was a pretty good episode to me, partly because the goth kids are in it though. :D
CRUNKFEZ

Postby CRUNKFEZ » Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:21 am

I LOVED THIS EPISODE!!! IT WAS AMAZING!!!! IN MY OPINION, THE BEST!!! The whole vampire thing was amazing with Twilight coming out and stuff. Perfect timingg 10/10. And the Goth Kids!!!! OMFG THEY WERE HILARIOUS IN THIS EPISODE!!! I TOTALLY WANT MORE EPISODES LIKE THIS!!!! DEFINITELY!!!! XD :lol: :mrgreen: :assface:
juniorv03

Postby juniorv03 » Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:57 am

This whole season was great, very good work... My only problem with south park was that 6month wait to finish the season.... The season was top of the line, better than any other show... On CC.....

SO like dude said if you don't like it go.. watch family guy.... :parishilton:

:frozenkenny:
BigCamera4892

Postby BigCamera4892 » Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:07 am

My final opinion is that this episode was great, per se. Goths vs. Vamps with even the Principal, who should get to the bottom of things in her own school, thought they were all the same in what they were doing as in "doing your own thing."

Goths are not Vamps, and it was funny how neither Principal Victoria nor Mr. Mackey even cared about seeing the difference.
DisposableReality

Postby DisposableReality » Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:52 pm

That was an epic ep. It was really well done. Now please stay away from the hamster material! :]
DisposableReality

Postby DisposableReality » Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:02 pm

RespektMaAuthoritah wrote:
Hopliitti wrote:Tonsil Trouble: 5/10
Brittany's New Look: 1/10
Major Boobage: 6/10
Canada on Strike: 4/10
Eek A Penis: 6/10
Overlogging: 6/10
Super Fun Time: 6/10
The China Probrem: 4/10
Breast Cancer Show Ever: 2/10
Pandemic: 1/10
Pandemic 2: 1/10
About Last Night: 8/10
Elementary School Musical: 4/10
Ungroundable: 5/10

This season should never have happened. If the next season doesn't start with a bang then I guess it's time to put this one to sleep.

And yea dude, you obviously are not laughing at these episodes or anything. So if all you're going to do is baw at this season, it's time for you to switch to Family Guy or something.

I'll admit that some of the eps this season were subpar, but you have to understand the it's not easy to come up with material after so many years of doing the show. Family Guy has the same problems if not worse. When family Guy runs out of ideas they put in a huge musical chunk to suck down the timer in their espisodes FAR too often. _Annoying_
HeyJo

Postby HeyJo » Sun Nov 23, 2008 5:19 pm

This was a top notch episode and a grand way to end S12.
Very funny and well-written with the low-key Goth Kids and Butters (HILARIOUS as usual, love this kid) leading the show.
It'll be another long wait for S13, it goes by too fast,
enjoy the Holidays in the meantime. :D
jewish pride

Postby jewish pride » Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:05 pm

whatthejew wrote:
jewish pride wrote:call of duty?? what do you mean? i dont get that :?

The game they were playing at the beginning on the computers was Call of Duty. And I think that scene was just there to be funny, really, and it did it's job, imo. :3

oh thanks! i didnt know about that game heheh

and i liked that part too, it made me laugh, at first i thought only cartman was playing it but it turned out all the class was playing it too, poor mr mackey he's such a looser :lol:
My_Iron_Lung

Postby My_Iron_Lung » Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:16 pm

I loved this episode! Good to see the Goth kids having more airtime, they always crack me up, BTW does anyone now the music they were listening to?

And Butters giving Cartman a"hicky" (spelling?) was so funny, and puking later, I guess the kids just assume that puking means liking someone...

The only thing I didn't like was the ending, could have been better, but overall, great episode, it shows how stupid all these trends are, I see nowadays kids dressed as emos, goths, visual key, pokemons (it's a style that I guess is unique here in Chile, with emo/scene kind of hair, hip-hop clothing, piercings all over their face and listening to reggaeton music) and anything you can imagine. But they're fun to watch.
I only stick with you
Because there are no others

You are all I need
You're all I need
I'm in the middle your picture
Lying in the reeds

My lastfm:
http://www.lastfm.es/user/Forever_Failure
OxayotlTheGreat

Postby OxayotlTheGreat » Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:56 pm

grigorexxxcore wrote:What song is used when the Goths are in the car? I can't hear it well, or even the lyrics. :parishilton:

irit8in wrote:anyone know the name of the song that they played when the goth kids burnt down hottopic

I'm not the only one wondering what thoses songs are :·D !
I also wonder what the other song they listened to are.
I've been told they sound pretty much like Joy Division, but due to the lyrics, I would bet the song when they burn Hot Topic was actually a pure DVDA gothic creation !
Yeah, DVDA goes gothic ! So cool !
"No one can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other; or else he will be devoted to one and despise the other. You can't serve both God and Mammon"
—Matthew 6:19-21,24
jamesish

Postby jamesish » Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:07 pm

:D N00b here. But have been watching South Park since '99. I have to admit that this episode ranks in Top 10 of all episodes to me. They really did a number on this one.

:lol:
usa_titan

Postby usa_titan » Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:29 pm

Since everyone is doing there own rating:

Tonsil Trouble: 8/10 (took me a while to finally watch it, giving Kyle AIDS was messed up but it did confirm my belief about Cartman-Kyle complex relationship)
Britney's New Look: 8/10 (don't know why this got bad ratings I liked it because it breifly mentioned Johns Hopkins the same day I got accepted)
Major Boobage: 7/10
Canada On Strike: 9/10 (funny songs, loved the YouTube memes part, Weezer totally stole from South Park on their music video)
Eek a Penis!: 9/10 (The penis running around was strange but this was funny because our teacher had us watch this in my AP Calulus class right after Stand and Deliver, the movie Cartman was doing a parody of)
OverLogging: 9.5/10 (almost a perfect episode)
Super Fun Time:9.5/10 (Kenny almost died)
The China Probrem: 7.7/10 (I feel the boys pain with watching Indy4 but the rape scenes were crazy, but the part that got me angry was that Cartman pussied out when fighting the damn Commies, as a true American Chinese I am pissed with the Commies for destroying my homeland and wanted Cartman to pull Scott Tederman on them. this was the first show that I started losing faith in Cartman)
Breast Cancer Show Ever: 10/10 (Cartman you pussied out again, after Wendy bet the sh*t out of him I did not expect him to cry like a pussy, where is the Cartman that makes people eat their parents. but the Principals speech is one of my favorite South Park speeches)
Pandemic: 9/10 (Craig changed again, he is different from the gay one. it seems like Craig and Clyde personalities change and switched again. I do love how Craig is breaking the forth wall with the boys)
Pandemic 2: 8.5/10 (Pirate Pig)
About Last Night: 10/10 (again a newer type of South Park that strays away from the older, traditional episodes but well made concidering the election was just the night before. plus I hate all the political bickering it is good to see them friends instead of fighting)
Elementary School Musical: 9/10 (Cartman you pussied out for a third time. I feel bad for Stan and really bad for Cartman at the end. they were great but I could not bear to see them give in at the end)
The Ungroundable: 8.5/10 (Okay Goth kids. no Thanksgiving or Holiday show, there hasn't been one in a while. the Butters part was what sold the episode to me but it was sad to see the boys act more mature than the older episodes)

I understand that a lot of fans hate the newer episodes and some love them. I enjoy all of them but watching this season and the earlier ones I could see a big difference. The boys are growing up and more mature but still keep their innocence. Great season can't wait till the next one. :cartmanevil:
whatthejew

Postby whatthejew » Sun Nov 23, 2008 8:40 pm

DisposableReality wrote:That was an epic ep. It was really well done. Now please stay away from the hamster material! :]

Guinea pig material, I think you mean. Hamsters and guinea pigs, often confused, yet way different.

OxayotlTheGreat wrote:
grigorexxxcore wrote:What song is used when the Goths are in the car? I can't hear it well, or even the lyrics. :parishilton:

irit8in wrote:anyone know the name of the song that they played when the goth kids burnt down hottopic

I'm not the only one wondering what thoses songs are :·D !
I also wonder what the other song they listened to are.
I've been told they sound pretty much like Joy Division, but due to the lyrics, I would bet the song when they burn Hot Topic was actually a pure DVDA gothic creation !
Yeah, DVDA goes gothic ! So cool !

Yeah, if you listen it's pretty much Trey singing over fake synth goth beats. Brilliant if you ask me. :'D

Oh and someone mentioned scene kids? I lol @ the utter failure that is coming to them later in life.
Fanfiction account. | Myspace account. | MyAnimeList account.
Much easier to get to know me at one of those.
Also I love Kyle, no pedo, okay, maybe some.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”