*1214: The Ungroundable* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Reconsummation

Re: *1214: The Ungroundable* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Reconsummation » Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:38 am

whatthejew wrote:
cromlis wrote:Well, I think Randy can be hilarious.

But yeah, I think probably the funniest part of this episode was the opening scene where they're all playing cod4 (or is it some other game?).

I'm like 99% sure it was COD4, only because I suck at the game.

It's CoD5.
- Tom-
Reconsummation

Postby Reconsummation » Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:43 am

Tora Yakari wrote:
whatthejew wrote:
VAVROOMM wrote:So, what WAS the passing reference to Twilight? All but one thing? Hopefully reminding everyone how stupid it was, I'm sure.

One of the vamp girls said something about how she liked Bella from Twilight and she was a psyvamp because of it, or some sh*t.

I believe her exact qoute was...
"You know that girl Bella from Twilight? I think I'm like her, a Smeyer Vamp. See my sparkles?"
"Yeah, you're a Smeyer Vamp..."

Smeyer obviously being a slang term for the author, Stephanie Meyer.
It was a perfect passing reference, I must say. :) Props to Matt and Trey! That's really all this episode needed.

I was actually dying for more Twilight references. Especially with the movie coming out in a day or two, which will be giving little emo girls orgasms in their theatre seats around the world and in a theatre near you.
Last edited by Reconsummation on Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
- Tom-
nall
Site Admin

Postby nall » Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:57 am

Episode should now be available for most of our viewers. Also, wallpaper and screensaver.
triplethreat21

Postby triplethreat21 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:05 am

its 204 am for me when does it air?
missthegoodoldays

Postby missthegoodoldays » Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:26 am

South Park isn't funny anymore... :roll:
cartmenrocks1

Postby cartmenrocks1 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:36 am

this esp rocks i love it its sooo funny :D :lol:
live love laugh
Sairune

Postby Sairune » Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:38 am

Sweet, this is one of my favorite finale episode.
jimmysdms

Postby jimmysdms » Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:43 am

I honestly thought that this was the funniest episode all season...I laughed more this episode than any other...Very well done!
brianmoon10

Postby brianmoon10 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:44 am

omg i LOVED that ep!!! haha
especially because since the first time the goth kids appeared, they were one of my favorite characters!!
FINALLY a whole episode about the goth kids, lololo and Butters is once again hilarious wooooooooooooot
i was sort of disappointed though because they talk differently now, just raspy voices, long ago they had a accent but still talked clearly
"IF YOU HAD A CHANCE RIGHT NOW TO GO BACK IN TIME AND STOP HITLER, WOULDN'T YOU DO IT? I MEAN, I PERSONALLY WOULDNT WOULDNT STOP HIM BECAUSE I THINK HE IS AWESOME, BUT YOU WOULD RIGHT?"-Eric Cartman (World of Warcraft episode)
SirKerrek

Postby SirKerrek » Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:09 am

Season 12 has finally come to a close. I will always remember this season as the first I really talked about on a website, the first I didn't miss a single episode of during the earliest air time available, and an overall good season (although there isn't a season of SP I don't like, but come on.)

This episode was good per se (I know, shut up, everyone's doing it). My friend, a big fan of the goth kids, certainly jumped for joy for an episode that involves them. I loved the first two acts (the scene with the Big Texas Butters Show or whatever was amazing, maybe the funniest joke of the second run), the third was weak. But overall a good one.

That being said, this is probably my least favorite season finale yet. Looking back, they've all been outstanding (with the exception of Stanley's Cup, which was good but not great); I mean Woodland Critter Christmas changed my life--not really but you know--and The List was probably the second most memorable episode of Season 11 for me (behind Imaginationland of course).

This episode gets an 8.25/10 from me. I'll post every rating I have for this season as well as an overall Season 12 score in little bit.
Favorite Character: Butters
Favorite Episode: Good Times with Weapons
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:24 am

brianmoon10 wrote:i was sort of disappointed though because they talk differently now, just raspy voices, long ago they had a accent but still talked clearly

Smoking tends to make your voice raspy, heh.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Cartmania4Ever

Postby Cartmania4Ever » Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:26 am

"Count Fagula." I love it. One question, though: Do schools really have "vampire" cliques now?
Eat My Shorts

Postby Eat My Shorts » Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:47 am

Well, on second notice it isn't that bad an episode, but I'll readily agree it can be more epic. I think the major problem was the complete absence of all the major characters from the main plot with the exception of butters. There was the A story which focused on the goth kids(and don't get me wrong, I DO like them) and the B plot which is basically all Butters. The problem was that it was all Butters and not Butters and someone else. Sure, a lot of people are tired of Butters being tied to Cartman in every major recent Butters episode, but tie him to someone else, like Kyle, Stan, or Kenny, or even Clyde and Jimmy, or a group of those, and it would be fine to put him in the limelight even though he spends so much time in it already.

Basically, I thought the B story of this episode was kinda meh, and needed at least a few more "developed" characters involved, like Kenny for example. Then he could've caught fire accidently at hot topic and theres your Kenny death for the season : :zombiekenny:
Cartmania4Ever

Postby Cartmania4Ever » Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:00 am

Eat My Shorts wrote:Sure, a lot of people are tired of Butters being tied to Cartman in every major recent Butters episode, but tie him to someone else, like Kyle, Stan, or Kenny, or even Clyde and Jimmy, or a group of those

Cartman and Butters are foils. You put the tools like Butters, Pip, Scott Malkeson, and Kyle (that's right, KYLE!) next to Cartman, because he's the coooolest character. Makes both their personalities stand out.
Whmmm!

Postby Whmmm! » Thu Nov 20, 2008 9:38 am

Dang Season 12 is over... and it was just getting good!

Anyway, brilliant episode! :D What happened in the opening scene is EXACTLY what happens in all of my IT lessons. And I can totally relate to the goth kids in this episode. I was an indie kinda emoish guitarist and I was very different to the other kids, now they're all doing it! The emo thing particularity angers me, I don't like the music or the cutting self thing or whatever yet I'm now called an emo poser. Grrrrrrr. And now the Indie kid thing is becoming fashionable and they're getting it all wrong! The ending was crap but overall one of the best episodes in the season.

I can understand why many wouldn't like it, as a high schooler in 2008 I could relate to all of it but not everybody goes through the same thing I do. Plus it was the second finale and it's a pretty ordinary episode, not an epic finale.

Overall Season 12 has to be the weakest SP season so far, though the second run was definitely much much better than the first.
You know Jews are people too! Smaller, more insignificant people.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”