*1301: The Ring* Pre-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

KennyStanWendyFan

Re: *1301: The Ring* Pre-Air Discussion

Postby KennyStanWendyFan » Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:26 am

Big-Will wrote:Guess Matt and Trey are leaving no doubt how they feel about Disney these days, :D

Indeed. What next, a Hannah Montana episode? And yes, I know they referenced Hannah Montana at the end of Britney's New Look, but that was a throwaway reference vs. an entire episode. Lot of youth fad episodes lately...

If this episode is as good as Elementary School Musical, I'll be happy. Better yet, I'd like it to be up to par with Major Boobage. Glad to see Kenny's making a character comeback. Wendy has as well. Now we just need more Tweek. :)
James--76

Postby James--76 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:45 am

LOL i love the way butters runs into the canteen all in a panic over something like in The list and in the classroom in the Ungroundable.Anyway this sounds like a good season opener and for the first time the UK get to watch this brand new episode on the friday night :D :D .
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!
HAcoreRD

Postby HAcoreRD » Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:10 am

i thought the rain forest chick back in season 3 was Kenny's 'first real' girl friend?
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:40 am

Probably, but she was never in town - lived somewhere else.

Kenny: (Well, see you guys. I gotta go take the bus out of town.)
Cartman: Oh, where are you gonna go, Kenny? You gonna see your little girlfriend again?
Kenny: (Yeah, you guys. Seriously.)

Maybe she heard that he died of spontaneous combustion, but we never heard of her after that.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
SkrewUguys

Postby SkrewUguys » Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:25 am

SWEEEEEEET :D :D :D :D :D
DaveCR

Postby DaveCR » Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:10 am

Holy crap, a Kenny episode right off the bat! I thought we were gonna have to wait another 3 years after Major Boobage. :P

This ep sounds awesome. Can't wait to see how Kenny will deal with the situation! :D
Aegis0893

Postby Aegis0893 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:27 pm

Hey! Another Kenny episode. I just hope that this one focuses more on the kids instead of the Jonas Brothers. I mean, they obviously need to be involved; I just want their storyline to be slightly less... signifigant.
bastardstepchild

Postby bastardstepchild » Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:09 pm

Can't wait to see where Season 13 goes, nor can I wait to pick up Season 12 on DVD. Best of luck to Matt, Trey, and the rest of South Park Studios. :mrgreen:
LawrenceTaylor

Postby LawrenceTaylor » Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:15 pm

Why can't the Canadians watch the clip?

And will the Osmonds and Patridge Family appear to any capacity?
KennyKicksAss

Postby KennyKicksAss » Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:39 pm

Hmm... I have mixed feelings about this new episode. I'm majorly excited about it being about Kenny and his new girlfriend, but the whole thing about Kenny wearing a purity ring could make it kinda lame. I just hope it's not one of these things that gets everyone routing against the "slut" just 'cos she's a girl, when Kenny's more sex-obsessed than any of the girls in South Park, and he loves it. Man, I'm so excited to see what this episode turns out like! Kenny episodes kick ass! :unhoodedkenny: :mrgreen:
Psycho Mysterion tattoo

Poor Kenny, trapped forever on my back...

Ah, the memories...

Favourite character: Kenny
Favourite episode: Mysterion Rises

Postby 203177 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:27 pm

I'm still waiting to see the clip, it hasn't been up yet. :?
My favorite sp characters: Bridon(he's so cute!)
Kyle,Stan, Kenny/Mysterion.

Fave ep: ESM Season 12,Sec fave: Butterballs Season 16
Biscuits

Postby Biscuits » Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:41 pm

This one looks like it'll be funny. You never get to see many Kenny episodes. Though I really hope they made more Butters episodes too!
GregW

Postby GregW » Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:44 pm

Looking forward to see what happens here. :)
At least we have аssholes, you dumb girl!

Postby 203177 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:24 pm

i just saw the clip on mrtwig.net i had no idea she was a 5th grader. i'm really excited!
My favorite sp characters: Bridon(he's so cute!)
Kyle,Stan, Kenny/Mysterion.

Fave ep: ESM Season 12,Sec fave: Butterballs Season 16
A SouthPark Orange

Postby A SouthPark Orange » Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:35 pm

KennyStanWendyFan wrote:Woo! Kenny! :D

I like Kelly better than this new girl, to be honest. Kelly at least wasn't a slutbaghoe.

I liked Kelly better too, but since Kenny is basically a male slut they'll fit together. :wink:

KennyKicksAss wrote: I just hope it's not one of these things that gets everyone routing against the "slut" just 'cos she's a girl, when Kenny's more sex-obsessed than any of the girls in South Park, and he loves it.

I totally agree with that - and no, I myself am not a slut, but I always found that double-standard pretty unfair. :roll:

Anyway, I'm glad this episode is seemingly about the kids, even though I'd prefer it if the SP-children acted more like kids again and not like teenagers. Even though we all know that Kenny's a sex-obsessed nine-year -old I still think it would be ridiculous if they actually make him have sex with that girlfriend of his. If he'd actually gotten laid with that woman in Major Boobage I probably would have thought of it as funny because it would have been so over the top that you couldn't take it seriously - kinda like Jimmy and the hooker, but Kenny probably sleeping with a girlfriend who is in his own age - I just think it's a bit silly. :?
I also think that the discussion about the "virginity pledge" will be more interesting to American viewers since it's not really an issue here in Europe. Besides that, I'm still glad that SP is back and that Kenny still gets his very own episode from time to time. I have to admit that I've never even heard of the Jonas Brothers - guess I'm just not in the right age group and don't live in the right country.

P.S: I'm normally not so keen on movie parodies, but I'd find it great if they parodied "The Ring" just a little.
Pip: Besides, I hate french people.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”