*1301: The Ring* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

meged

Re: *1301: The Ring* Post-Air Discussion

Postby meged » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:34 pm

great episode..
check out my t-shirt for this episode
http://shop.cafepress.com/design/33226131
R@ND0MN0NS3NS3^_^

Postby R@ND0MN0NS3NS3^_^ » Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:46 pm

:lol: LUV SOUTHPARK (and kenny!) :lol:
SOUTH PARK IS AWESOME! ! !
Mr.Damron

Postby Mr.Damron » Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:09 am

awsome!!!!!!!!!!!! anyone else see Mr Slave's at 5:41?
Last edited by Mr.Damron on Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
butters kenny

Postby butters kenny » Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:21 am

No
I Wasn't choking you I was just hugging your neck

R.I.P Chef for realz this time

( chef joined the sith so why don't you?)

R.I.P Billy Bonka
KillingKenny666

Postby KillingKenny666 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:42 am

I loved how they put Mickey in there.
AVENGED SEVENFOLD 4 EVER!!!
CartmanMills

Postby CartmanMills » Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:59 am

RideTheLightning wrote:Why are people bitching about the "good 'ol days"? What do you mean the show isn't like it was? They've stopped the political sh*t, Kenny died, a Giant Mickey Mouse is the exact thing you'd expect from the early seasons, Mr. Slave is back, Wendy is back, Mr Garrison is back, Cartman is getting his ass kicked again, what more do you want?

Quit saying the shows aren't "classic" like they used to be and then saying seasons 5-9 were good even though they were the ones that ventured the most far from the "classic" episodes.

I actually said that Seasons 5-9 were South Park at their prime (the earlier seasons are great, mind) and they've changed, somehow, to being of lesser quality in terms of humour. It's now got the same reaction as The Simpsons - some people like them, some people hate them. I personally loathed some of the episodes that were offered to me as 'comedy' - the Mr Garrison penis episode, the Gerbil episodes and the vampire episodes being examples of South Park dropping the ball. Everyone knows it, talks about it and it's a mixed-opinion subject. But why is it such a bad thing to compare one previous episode to a newer one? If a fan feels badly about a new episode, why is that a problem? I've honestly felt cheated at how bad some of the episodes South Park have produced especially when, not so long ago, they were offering... 'classics'.

I do apologise, btw, if you didn't mean to direct that towards me. I just saw the reference to Seasons 5-9 which were in my post and believed you somehow directed this at me.

But this episode was great - no problem with it whatsoever. The fact that Mickey Mouse beat the crap out of someone with 'haw-haw' at the end of his sentances was a great 'South Park' moment.
SouthParkPhilosopher

Postby SouthParkPhilosopher » Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:30 am

Here is the review I wrote on my DA account:

Oh Matt and Trey, Matt and Trey what happen?
I am suprised it took them this long for them to finally attack Disney.
Uh, why have the last 2 seasons episodes seemed so much like movies with similar plots.
When I watched it on my computer I was so happy because it was in HD, they had Clyde, Jimmy, and Craig make an apperance, I even saw Kevin.
Wow, what to say about what I just saw. Well first off I looks like they knew about the Jonas Brothers as much as I did, and well I guess they had a good social commentary and satire on Disney's present image.

WTF was up with the big Mickey? Was there even a plot? Did the Family Guy writers make this crap? Kenny finally died thats good, but were was the 'She killed Kenny joke'. Looking at Stan, Kyle, and Cartman I didn't recognize them anymore, they seem so out of character. I keep on saying for my comics that I try to keep them in character as much as possible but now it seems like Matt and Trey can't even keep their own kids in character. And WHY did they make Cartman such a pu$$y in these newer episodes, what happened to the I will make you eat your parents Cartman. Well thats okay the 4 boys are their kids, Stan Kyle Cartman and Kenny belong to the Matt and Trey. Well as much as Indiana Jones and Luke Skywalker belong to Spielburg and Lucas. Maybe they should go back to watch there own Free Hat episode.

Well maybe I am too much of an old school South Park fan. And still as a true South Park fan I will still fully support this episode and the new season even if it wasn't what I expected. I don't blame Trey and Matt, they are the best for creating South Park to begin with, I blame Viacom, it looks like this was Viacom's jab at their rivals at Disney. But still in the sense of things the episode never really came to a conclusion and the giant Mickey seems to me just a cut away gag like something I would see on Family Guy.

I will still stick by South Park, my favorite show and the only show close to my heart. I am sure many of you guys loved this episode and I am glad, but I feel the same as Stan and Kyle after seeing the new Indiana Jones movie. And I am sorry I can't do this anymore...

I just hope the next episode makes up for this but it probably wont, as it seems like South Park evolved as a show once again. But it always has been evolving. Look Season 1-4 were more like sitcoms for shock-value, Season 5-9 were more political satire, and Season 10-13 seems more like Micheal Bay action movies.

I still totally respect Matt Stone and Trey Parker and South Park and I will still stand by this great show until the end. For now I hope my reaction to this new episode affect the way yu like about the show.

Good night and good luck South Park.
South Park Forever!!! Kevin C fan!

"Never ever compare South Park to Family Guy!"

"If you devote your whole life to completely avoiding something you like, then that thing still controls your life..."
-Stan Marsh

Pics http://southparkphilosopher.deviantart.com/
nall
Site Admin

Postby nall » Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:35 am

Just a quick FYI that the episode has been updated with uncensored audio.
SouthParkPhilosopher

Postby SouthParkPhilosopher » Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:38 am

For those who think I am hating on South Park, I am not I love this great show and hate Family Guy. I also enjoyed this episode to, it just wasn't what I expected.
South Park forever!

Last edited by SouthParkPhilosopher on Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
South Park Forever!!! Kevin C fan!

"Never ever compare South Park to Family Guy!"

"If you devote your whole life to completely avoiding something you like, then that thing still controls your life..."
-Stan Marsh

Pics http://southparkphilosopher.deviantart.com/

Postby 203177 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:41 am

....wow anyway i rewatched the part with mickey mouse and i'm laughing my ass off even more! :lol:
My favorite sp characters: Bridon(he's so cute!)
Kyle,Stan, Kenny/Mysterion.

Fave ep: ESM Season 12,Sec fave: Butterballs Season 16
RuZZRoXX

Postby RuZZRoXX » Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:13 am

BBBBBBBBBBabyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!
Butterskicksass

Postby Butterskicksass » Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:36 am

This has got to be the best episode in a looooooong time! I didn't get to see it air last night, but I have watched it now for the 5th time online!! The boys are back and better than ever... It was like watching classic South Park but still being kept up to date! The Mickey Mouse scene and the douche bag Jonas Brothers.... f*cking priceless!!! Oh.... And mr. Slave.... OMG that was hillarious!!!!!!!! If I had to rate this on a scale 10 being the best, I would give it a 100++++++++!!! Great job Matt and Trey!! Thank you for bring South Park back to the show that it used to be!!! OH..... and butters kicks ass!!! HAHAHA!!
Do you like fishsticks? Then you must be a gay fish!
Favorite Character: Butters of course!
Favorite Episode: Fishsticks now... Was Fellowship of the rings.
Blue Twilight

Postby Blue Twilight » Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:39 am

It's about time they poked fun at the Jonas Brothers. It was only natural after the Twilight series and High School Musical (both abominations that are corrupting generation Y) got ripped on.

Also, Kenny FTW. We don't see nearly enough of him and it was nice to see our favourite hooded fellow get some well-deserved air time and a classic death.

The question I'm wondering is.... after Jimmy, Ike, and Kenny, who will lose their virginity next?
Illegitimi non carborundum.
RideTheLightning

Postby RideTheLightning » Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:40 am

SouthParkPhilosopher wrote:(Long ass rant)

You realize that a giant Mickey Mouse is no more retarded or badly written than a talking hunk of sh*t, a Godzilla Barbara Streisand, some animal with celery for an arm and a guy for a leg, a big gay boat ride, the whole Flashbacks episode, a giant talking clit, or little talking gnomes that steal underwear right?

Now where I'm confused is the part where I never stop hearing, "go bak 2 sp's roots!11oneone!1! T3h show used 2 b so gud und clasic!!1elevenone!1"

Now notice how I've said something like this about 3 times on this board, once here, on the stop using technology thread and once on the go back to the roots thread.

I've yet to get a well written response, so if you wouldn't mind telling me, why are the new episodes so sh*tty when they're written probably a bit better than season 1-4?

I just want to get an answer from someone so I can stop having to say this over and over, so please dude, answer that.
Leili

Postby Leili » Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:49 am

Behe. :) Poor Kenny that purity ring must have been his worst nightmare.
Last edited by Leili on Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”