*1301: The Ring* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Raisinz

Re: *1301: The Ring* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Raisinz » Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:09 pm

eurostar wrote:This just wasn't funny - there wasn't a single laugh in it. Well done to the writers for attacking Disney's silver ring posturing, but where were the jokes? I love filth, but the premise of a ten year old girl giving blow jobs didn't tickle me. The fact that she was a new character with no back story probably didn't help. The singing scenes were stretched out for far too long - a sign that the writers just ran out of ideas this time. And what was with the giant hovering firebreathing Mickey Mouse? Was that supposed to be a homage to Beowulf? Whatever it was, it was lame. I'm surprised that so many people seem to have enjoyed it. Please tell me which lines were funny...PLEASE!

I love South park, but I refrained from saying that, just cause I didn't want to sound negative. But in all honesty, I didn't laugh once at this one either. :zombiekenny:
insorte.diaboli

Postby insorte.diaboli » Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:25 pm

The end where Mickey goes on his antichristian rant, is the best South Park moment ever!!!
JohnHorn

Postby JohnHorn » Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:36 pm

Kenny and me see eye to eye.
butters kenny

Postby butters kenny » Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:38 pm

Kenny and I see eye to eye
I Wasn't choking you I was just hugging your neck

R.I.P Chef for realz this time

( chef joined the sith so why don't you?)

R.I.P Billy Bonka
RideTheLightning

Postby RideTheLightning » Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:45 pm

Raisinz wrote:
eurostar wrote:This just wasn't funny - there wasn't a single laugh in it. Well done to the writers for attacking Disney's silver ring posturing, but where were the jokes? I love filth, but the premise of a ten year old girl giving blow jobs didn't tickle me. The fact that she was a new character with no back story probably didn't help. The singing scenes were stretched out for far too long - a sign that the writers just ran out of ideas this time. And what was with the giant hovering firebreathing Mickey Mouse? Was that supposed to be a homage to Beowulf? Whatever it was, it was lame. I'm surprised that so many people seem to have enjoyed it. Please tell me which lines were funny...PLEASE!

"Do you like the Jonas Brothers' hot white cream on your faces girls?"
butters kenny

Postby butters kenny » Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:47 pm

Raisinz wrote:This just wasn't funny - there wasn't a single laugh in it. Well done to the writers for attacking Disney's silver ring posturing, but where were the jokes? I love filth, but the premise of a ten year old girl giving blow jobs didn't tickle me. The fact that she was a new character with no back story probably didn't help. The singing scenes were stretched out for far too long - a sign that the writers just ran out of ideas this time. And what was with the giant hovering fire breathing Mickey Mouse? Was that supposed to be a homage to Beowulf? Whatever it was, it was lame. I'm surprised that so many people seem to have enjoyed it. Please tell me which lines were funny...PLEASE!

Jeez it wasn't that bad.

R.I.P Billy Bonka
EarthBear

Postby EarthBear » Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:48 pm

South Park is getting better! The social commentary in this was flawless - it's nice to see some animators point at the true messages behind the Disney hegemony, and all the culture-industry crap flung at children. This is my favourite episode to date, you guys are my heroes. Thanks for keeping Colorado humor alive, too.

Some-girl-painfully-stuck-in-Boulder.... f*cking yippies.
butters kenny

Postby butters kenny » Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:50 pm

I liked this episode, but maybe not as much as the poster above, but I still think its a great season starter.

R.I.P Billy Bonka
Purple41

Postby Purple41 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:25 pm

I don't know what the hell you're all complaining about...I thought that was hella funny.

:lol:
josuepilk

Postby josuepilk » Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:59 pm

It was a good start. No season-opening episode has been the best of that season (maybe with the exception of Fun With Weapons, which was kick ass), so I wasn't expecting too much from this one.

I thought Mickey's voice was awesome, ha ha, the songs were geart too.
... Until the day when we can do it all, until then go back to Montreal.

The animation is awesome and gets better every season and I'm glad they called out Disney, again, on there youth exploitation :assface: .

I just wish they would have made fun of the parents who buy into this crap thinking it's good for their kids. Awesome backdrop of Red Rocks, by the way.
I will do my German dance for you, it's fun and gay and tra-la-la...
JohnHorn

Postby JohnHorn » Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:11 pm

lol of course it’s not great for their kid’s.
lol—— but on the ther side it’s not sh*t for their kids.

By the way…… me and kenny think the same things… we are…… one and the same soul.
FBX

Postby FBX » Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:17 am

I wish the south park writers would periodically just step back and ponder whether they've crossed the line of "a poor attempt at shock humor" and "just plain tasteless".

The masturbating mr. slave ruined what had been built up on that character the past few seasons (an insightful individual rather than just a sick stereotype). Maybe it would had been funny if he screamed like the girls around him.

The sex with minors theme this episode also really broke character with a lot of the girl characters. A (visibly) 6 - 8 year old character saying their vagina is tingly? Treading on demented / sick minded territory.

Also, this episode came off really mean spirited. I feel the things they had Mickey saying was a classic case of "the straw man" fallacy. If there was reason to believe that Disney execs believed this, then it could have been funny, but there wasn't.

Maybe you guys should have a rule that no first episode of the season / half season will try to get by on shock humor.
zzyzx

Postby zzyzx » Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:25 am

To quote some fat guy from another network:
some fat guy wrote:Worst episode ever

No plot, no 4th graders get STD's and die in the 21st century, no 5th grade girl sounds like a 30 something girl, etc.

Worst Episode Ever.

Comedy Central should buy out the contract, and cancel SP once and for all. It's terrible.

SP: You are known for going from concept to finished product in 6 days. This seemed more like 6 hours. It was terrible.

Kmac: I loved talking with you on MSN all night. Thanks for your pixs. I know exactly where your dorm is, and where you work. Looking forward to our date. We'll go to T.G.I.F's parking lot for a BJ.

See you after spring break as we talked about last night.

Luv Ya!

Z
Last edited by zzyzx on Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:31 am, edited 4 times in total.
Kelly MacCornmac

Postby Kelly MacCornmac » Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:30 am

Zi wrote:No plot, no 4th graders get STD's and die in the 21st century, no 5th grade girl sounds like a 30 something girl, etc.

Worst Episode Ever.

Comedy Central should buy out the contract, and cancel SP once and for all. It's terrible.

It had a plot, actually it had two plots to the whole story. Well...do the boys sound like little kids? I think not.

And the worst episode ever? No, Overlogging is way way way worse than that.

This is only the first episode of the season, you can't say that it's a bad season just after one episode.
Causing havoc on the BBS one post at a time

Officially supports the de-perma of GTA, Mike, Cartman, and possibly others

SPU! Join it!
cartmanfan321

Postby cartmanfan321 » Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:32 am

ok what kind of member makes a hate speach about sp who the f*ck do u work 4 dreamworks!!!!!!
(O)(0)
attas

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”