*1301: The Ring* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

catpeekenny

Re: *1301: The Ring* Post-Air Discussion

Postby catpeekenny » Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:50 am

I'm with RidetheLightning here. I'm confused on how people continue to think this show is getting worse. It might not be at its "golden years" anymore, but it is still able to do so much more than any other comedy show.

As for the rant, you really need to think things through. These characters have GROWN since the early seasons. They've been taught sex ed and nearly fought to the death over it. Them discussing BJ's and several seasons later isn't out of character. It's called natural progression and character development. The characters are still the same at their core, but they are growing up more and more, which is in many ways what this show is all about.

(And this is coming from someone who thinks the best SP was between Seasons 3 and 4)
Butterskicksass

Postby Butterskicksass » Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:55 am

SouthParkPhilosopher wrote:Image

I don't know who the hell made you Gene Siskel or Roger Ebert but you have waaaaaaay to much time on your hands if you can sit there and put that sad little piece of photo editing together. How can you justify being as you put it "the south park philosopher" Did Matt and Trey bless you with that title? I think not.... Go and get a life and let the show be what it is... Funny and Entertaining! And by the way.... Don't ever compare south park to homosexual family guy... or better, don't ever mention family guy on this site!!!! South park will never be like that stupid ass show!!! Ps.... no really cares about your opinion, so do us all a favor and stop wasting your time with the photoshop BS.... Thanks!!
Do you like fishsticks? Then you must be a gay fish!
Favorite Character: Butters of course!
Favorite Episode: Fishsticks now... Was Fellowship of the rings.
SouthParkPhilosopher

Postby SouthParkPhilosopher » Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:06 am

RideTheLightning wrote:
SouthParkPhilosopher wrote:(Long ass rant)

You realize that a giant Mickey Mouse is no more retarded or badly written than a talking hunk of sh*t, a Godzilla Barbara Streisand, some animal with celery for an arm and a guy for a leg, a big gay boat ride, the whole Flashbacks episode, a giant talking clit, or little talking gnomes that steal underwear right?

Now where I'm confused is the part where I never stop hearing, "go bak 2 sp's roots!11oneone!1! T3h show used 2 b so gud und clasic!!1elevenone!1"

Now notice how I've said something like this about 3 times on this board, once here, on the stop using technology thread and once on the go back to the roots thread.

I've yet to get a well written response, so if you wouldn't mind telling me, why are the new episodes so sh*tty when they're written probably a bit better than season 1-4?

I just want to get an answer from someone so I can stop having to say this over and over, so please dude, answer that.

I love all South Park episode because all South Park episodes are part of the South Park canon. I loved this episode, I just had to get some things about it off my chest. I don't the new episodes are bad, I love all South Park from Cartman Gets an Anal Probe to this one, I was jsut commenting on how it was different from the others.
South Park has changed though, it was Trey and Matt who said that.
Thanks for your response.
South Park Forever!!! Kevin C fan!

"Never ever compare South Park to Family Guy!"

"If you devote your whole life to completely avoiding something you like, then that thing still controls your life..."
-Stan Marsh

Pics http://southparkphilosopher.deviantart.com/
SouthParkPhilosopher

Postby SouthParkPhilosopher » Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:09 am

Butterskicksass wrote:
SouthParkPhilosopher wrote:Image

I don't know who the hell made you Gene Siskel or Roger Ebert but you have waaaaaaay to much time on your hands if you can sit there and put that sad little piece of photo editing together. How can you justify being as you put it "the south park philosopher" Did Matt and Trey bless you with that title? I think not.... Go and get a life and let the show be what it is... Funny and Entertaining! And by the way.... Don't ever compare south park to homosexual family guy... or better, don't ever mention family guy on this site!!!! South park will never be like that stupid ass show!!! Ps.... no really cares about your opinion, so do us all a favor and stop wasting your time with the photoshop BS.... Thanks!!

So true I hate Family Guy, thats even my quote 'Never compare South Park to Family Guy'.
South Park is a much smarter, funnier, well written, more intelligent show than lame Family Guy that has alots of lame jokes based on sterotypes and have nothing connected to the plot. While South Park pokes fun at both sides, presents both views and have a reason for the jokes.
South Park forever! Family Guy sucks!
Thanks for your opinion!

"If you devote your whole life to completely avoiding something you like, then that thing still controls your life..."
-Stan Marsh

Butterskicksass

Postby Butterskicksass » Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:16 am

Then I misunderstood the meaning of your comment, and I am man enough to apologize.... now don't go thinking i'm gonna do like randy and kiss your ass.... but I am sorry. HAHA!! ( I loved that episode... Now apologize!! HAHA!) and you are right.... the "other show" is a stupid mix of crap and lame jokes that make absolutely no sense!!! LONG LIVE SOUTH PARK!!!
SouthParkPhilosopher

Postby SouthParkPhilosopher » Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:18 am

Sorry for my rant everyone! Thanks for your well thought out opinions.

I actually liked this episode, I just wanted to point out certain things I didn't like. Like that Cartman should have kicked Mickey's a$$!

South Park is still the best show on TV! South Park forever! Family Guy sucks!

-Stan Marsh

SouthParkPhilosopher

Postby SouthParkPhilosopher » Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:22 am

Butterskicksass wrote:Then I misunderstood the meaning of your comment, and I am man enough to apologize.... now don't go thinking i'm gonna do like randy and kiss your ass.... but I am sorry. HAHA!! ( I loved that episode... Now apologize!! HAHA!) and you are right.... the "other show" is a stupid mix of crap and lame jokes that make absolutely no sense!!! LONG LIVE SOUTH PARK!!!

Thanks for being so kind, most other people would just write mean stuff but like South Park you had a well thought out opinion.
It is I who should be apologizing, I went against my own philosophy of not comparing South Park to Family Guy. XD
But that was just to prove a point that South Park is a much better show than Family Guy and that I don't want it to be heading down that route. I love South Park, no matter how much it will change, just as long as Trey and Matt are still writing the show I will put my full support behind it.

SOUTH PARK FOREVER!

-Stan Marsh

Butterskicksass

Postby Butterskicksass » Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:31 am

SouthParkPhilosopher wrote:
Butterskicksass wrote:Then I misunderstood the meaning of your comment, and I am man enough to apologize.... now don't go thinking i'm gonna do like randy and kiss your ass.... but I am sorry. HAHA!! ( I loved that episode... Now apologize!! HAHA!) and you are right.... the "other show" is a stupid mix of crap and lame jokes that make absolutely no sense!!! LONG LIVE SOUTH PARK!!!

Thanks for being so kind, most other people would just write mean stuff but like South Park you had a well thought out opinion.
It is I who should be apologizing, I went against my own philosophy of not comparing South Park to Family Guy. XD
But that was just to prove a point that South Park is a much better show than Family Guy and that I don't want it to be heading down that route. I love South Park, no matter how much it will change, just as long as Trey and Matt are still writing the show I will put my full support behind it.

SOUTH PARK FOREVER!

No worries.... I think we are on the same page now!!! Cheers!
bp85

Postby bp85 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:40 am

Great start to season 13 I can't wait to see what else is going to be made fun of
eph26

Postby eph26 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:45 am

I liked this episode. I'm an animator, and not a big fan of the mouse house. I also have a niece that's going on 13 and she is OBSESSED with those guys. It's so annoying! I think so far this is a good start, I was honestly less than thrilled about last season. It was real hit and miss. season 11 however was gold! I love Kenny's pic at the end at the funeral, totally SEARS.
jbaybayx3

Postby jbaybayx3 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:06 am

:unhoodedkenny: FINALLY AN EPISODE MAKING FUN OF THE JONAS BROTHERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and it said exactly what i had to say.
mikejaysmith

Postby mikejaysmith » Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:15 am

Did you seen Chantal (The tot from Freak Strike) in the Pepsi Center concert? :shock:
mikejaysmith

Postby mikejaysmith » Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:17 am

Mr.Damron wrote:awsome!!!!!!!!!!!! anyone else see Mr Slave's at 5:41?

Yes, I saw it!

But, did anyone see Chantal (The tot from Freak Strike) as well?
bigbadsoundguy

Postby bigbadsoundguy » Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:56 am

a few things made this an instant classic.
Trashed Disney
Kenny-based episode
the kids innocence to sex.
MUSIC. (have to admit music from M+T is always funny as hell)
SouthofHeaven

Postby SouthofHeaven » Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:28 am

A great season opener - lots of laughs. A-
Who's a jigga wha?

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”