*1301: The Ring* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

kennys-dead

Re: *1301: The Ring* Post-Air Discussion

Postby kennys-dead » Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:41 am

if you haven't watched the new ep yet and were planning to online you better hurry it goes down for about a month 1/2 on....

Wednesday? :gaykenny:
butters kenny

Postby butters kenny » Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:47 am

zzyzx wrote:To quote some fat guy from another network:
some fat guy wrote:Worst episode ever

No plot, no 4th graders get STD's and die in the 21st century, no 5th grade girl sounds like a 30 something girl, etc.

Worst Episode Ever.

Comedy Central should buy out the contract, and cancel SP once and for all. It's terrible.

AHH a troll! Dude, it wasn't the worst episode ever. I really liked this episode, and like Kmac said..well I don't feel like quoting just go the the previous page.
I Wasn't choking you I was just hugging your neck

R.I.P Chef for realz this time

( chef joined the sith so why don't you?)

R.I.P Billy Bonka
cartmanfan321

Postby cartmanfan321 » Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:50 am

the worst episode is that one with pip in england.
(O)(0)
attas
butters kenny

Postby butters kenny » Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:51 am

I liked Pip, but I agree.

R.I.P Billy Bonka
RideTheLightning

Postby RideTheLightning » Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:09 am

zzyzx wrote:To quote some fat guy from another network:
some fat guy wrote:Worst episode ever

No plot, no 4th graders get STD's and die in the 21st century, no 5th grade girl sounds like a 30 something girl, etc.

Worst Episode Ever.

Comedy Central should buy out the contract, and cancel SP once and for all. It's terrible.

http://www.encyclopediadramatica.com/Image:Unsuccessful.jpg

Oh, boo boo, is someone a little butthurt? Failtroll.
butters kenny

Postby butters kenny » Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:13 am

JohnHorn wrote:lol of course it’s not great for their kid’s.
lol—— but on the ther side it’s not sh*t for their kids.

By the way…… me and kenny think the same things… we are…… one and the same soul.

Sounds like somebody's got a thing for Kenny :wink:

R.I.P Billy Bonka
My_Iron_Lung

Postby My_Iron_Lung » Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:16 am

This episode was hilarius until Mickey appeared. I mean... I don't think we needed all that speech on how evil Disney is to understand the point that Disney tries tio sell sex in disguise to kids... SP has never been very subtle, but this was a little too preachy, I guess the point was made clear throughout the episode development, we didn't need Mickey blowing fire to make us understand Matt and Trey's point of view. And I also agree with whoever said the songs were too long because they needed some filler material. Anywyas, a great first half, and a lame end. But I don't think SP is now terrible and stuff like that, infact, I really liked season 12, so I guess there will be some better and worst episodes in the future.
I only stick with you
Because there are no others

You are all I need
You're all I need
I'm in the middle your picture
Lying in the reeds

My lastfm:
http://www.lastfm.es/user/Forever_Failure
jonas3333

Postby jonas3333 » Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:29 am

Rockin' blast off to the 13th season!

I loved it! Super hard core! The way you made Mickey's laugh more of a speech impediment/Tourette's thing was just so damn good and loved watching SP stick it blatantly and hard to f*ckin' Disney.

I love how similar the songs are to the Jonas Bros songs and especially how the "ring" song starts off exactly the same as one of their songs but it's sooo much better!

The darts in the neck cracked me up big time. The middle aged, Grey's Anatomy watching children were also awesome. And of course, I love the twisted take on Mickey as a Thanksgiving Parade Float Menace!

Just great! Oh I wish there were no season breaks at all but you need rest too so... thanks!!!!!
Jake, M'kay?

Postby Jake, M'kay? » Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:38 am

Great episode!
I loved the random Mickey laughs and the whole "baybay" thing with the Jonas Brothers.

One thing im not totally clear on... "Talking dead guy"= Jesus?
"If a tree falls in the forest and there's no one there to hear it, my illegal logging business succeeds ."

"I have only two modes, at war with something, or having sex with it. There is no middle ground"
Michaeloptv

Postby Michaeloptv » Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:03 am

Ah, don't mind Z. He works for Dreamworks :lol:

Nice to see you around Jake! :D

Oh, and the episode was pretty good. Not one of my favs, but none the less a solid episode :)

Still love the Mickey parts, Kenny dying, and the making fun of Jonas Brothers... :P
"Where I go, Destruction will follow"

I am a hybrid of Butters, Tweek, and Clyde.

Official Winner of Page 1900!
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:09 am

Jake, M'kay? wrote:"Talking dead guy"= Jesus?

Well, he was talking about Christians...
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Gizmopunk

Postby Gizmopunk » Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:43 am

man the right wing christian Disney fans are going to love this, just when i thought south park couldn't get any more brutal they did, and in the most gentle way possible really, thanks for the laughs Disney. "I'm all tingly" lol, i feel like my niece is turning into one of those brainwashed little girls, maybe I'll make her watch this haha, well I probably won't but I should.

uhh if you didn't like this episode i'm guessing your a dooche bag christian that jacks off to hanna montana LP covers. I want Mickey as my new avatar logo, this kind of social commentary needs to exist to help stabilize the bullsh*t greedy wannabe christian sweat shop running money rapping capitalists and keep a balance to entertainment,

-Butters_Kenny-
I thought everyone got BJ's in 5th grade. sorry you missed out dude.
Last edited by Gizmopunk on Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Amrryn

Postby Amrryn » Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:51 am

I love episodes with BJ McK! Hahahaha!

The Ring song was just way too funny! lol!

The Jonas Brothers and their songs with "BAY BAAAYYYY!" was absolutely hilarious...

Did anyone else notice Mr. Slave sitting in the audience of the Jonas Brothers concert? Hahaha!

"My giney tickles!"

"We adore Grey's Anatomy! ADORE IT!"

"You liked taking the Jonas Brothers hot foam in your faces girls?"

Omg. Way too funny.

The giant Mickey pissed me off but it was still pretty funny :)

Loved the episode!!

9/10.

Yay for Season 13!! :D
Amrryn

Postby Amrryn » Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:02 am

mikejaysmith wrote:Did you seen Chantal (The tot from Freak Strike) in the Pepsi Center concert? :shock:

HAHAHA! YEAHHH!

Right there!

TaroRoot

Postby TaroRoot » Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:36 am

This is my first post ever. I was moved to register and post even though I am a long time fan and have seen all episodes.
Grew up in Denver close to Matt and Trey. Love their humor.

This episode. I have waited so long. They had pretty well left the Protestant Christian hokum mainstream and Disney alone. If you look at Imaginationland, you can note that Mickey is strangely absent, right? I did anyway.

Now BAM With both barrels Matt and Trey open season 13 with great parody, great satire. Wonderful wonderful stuff. Mickey and his ilk have had it coming for a long time. The Jonas Brothers are trivia thrown in for grist. What Disney has done to itself is despicable (Cinderella 3?), but that Mormon run company is now climbing in front of storefront fundamentalism and taking it global.

I have so much more to say, but I will leave it to other posts. SouthPark is genius stuff and most American people are too jaded to see it.

Oh... and what is it with people thinking that the show is getting worse? I love the show because it has left the low-hanging fruit and gone on to pull the capes off of the real charlatans.... yeah, some pretender shows will pick up the leftovers and have their 15 minutes of fame, but South Park ages very well and keeps the important things fresh.

>>MUST ADD>> Disney deserves to be pilloried. I relished this. Matt and Trey, two guys, have shown more guts and consistency in the last decades than Disney has shown in eight or nine. Disney has gone downhill since Walt risked everything on Snow White, with another minor peak when he stuck his neck out for Its a Small World After All.. the rest is just corporate crap. They buy up culture and copyrights and then just rape it all. They buy up all of Miyazaki Hayao's work and then just sit on it for a decade or two. Face it, the only way anyone can portray Mickey in any form is through absurd parody. Try ANY OTHER WAY, and you get lawyers in your face. And you can bet SPStudios had a few Disney thugs nosing around about this anyway.
Couple THAT nastiness with christianity and sex, and you have a money making machine fuelled by hypocrisy. I know that is the American way, but well... Matt and Trey can see it for what it is. And frankly, thank God for this show. What other show is going to even TOUCH this topic? Remember that Disney is ABC, and Touchstone and Miramax and Buena Vista.. plus all ABC affiliates. ... and CABLE affiliates, kids....

I think I am different from most of the people here. I take what Matt and Trey are doing pretty seriously. Many times in history, only clowns have been able to speak the truth. That has become increasingly the case through the last decade. Even Groening went all corporate... South Park has still got an edge and I love it.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”