*1302: The Coon* Pre-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Raisinz

Re: *1302: The Coon* Pre-Air Discussion

Postby Raisinz » Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:50 am

Looking forward to this one! hope its an action packed episode!
Last edited by Raisinz on Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kobb

Postby Kobb » Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:03 am

I like it how people are already calling hate shots on the episode before it has even aired.

Well, this seems like an episode that will either turn out great or terrible. Personally it seems more like great than terrible to me; for some reason, I really like the preview clip. Besides for the reference to the Lephrechan news ordeal, there isn't anything funny on it, but I just like it. I guess because it isn't over the top or anything I like it or something, I dunno.

Looking forward to it, and I have high expectations after the great season premier!
MissaKeely

Postby MissaKeely » Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:48 am

if you look at the countdown clock on the home page, the shadow (in the pic) looks like butters dressed in the squirrel costume from the britney episode!! LOL

so yeah, im guessing either the coon or mysterion is butters. ehehehehe after all he is evil. :twisted:
chris.hanson

Postby chris.hanson » Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:52 am

Hello, I'm Chris Hanson
unwyred

Postby unwyred » Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:12 am

My prediction: They're both Cartman. Seems like something he would do.
Either that or Mysterion is Token. I mean come on.... what better way to exploit racial humour.
HallwayMonitor432

Postby HallwayMonitor432 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:16 am

You know The Coon has to be Cartman because of the shape and that only HE would come up with something ridiculous like that.

And I guess that this episode won't spoof The Dark Knight because that movie came out during the summer, and in interviews Trey Parker and Matt Stone said it takes 6-7 days to make an episode, this would've came out during the mid-season new episodes that air in October. If any superhero stuff they'll spoof I bet on Watchmen and Heroes.
walterreally

Postby walterreally » Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:25 am

butters kenny wrote:
walterreally wrote:it is disheartening to see Matt and Trey not being creative enough. I'm sure I'm not the only one who misses the random hunour that was there in SP earlier. Don't get me wrong. It is still a top show on tv. But cartman has been made this evil kid when he just the occassional assh*le in the first 5 seasons. Butters breaks in the news everytime something happens now while the rest of the cast is ignored. Rather than having completely different and unique concepts which noone could have ever guessed through a preview much like their earlier episodes resort is currently and unfortunately had to events in the real world all TOO OFTEN and excessive reliance placed upon them on carrying the episode . Mexican Staring frog of southern Sri Lanka, Sexual Harassment panda, An Elephant makes love to a Pig, Rainforest Shmainforest, Chickenlover, Chef Goes Nanners and so many more were ALL based on characters within south park other than the boys and didn't parody popular pop culture. Any reference if it all, was fleeting and temporary.
And now this episode will most likely parody the leprachaun rumour video and superhero movies of past year from Dark Knight to Watchmen. Another pop culture parody and less of South Park the place itself. Hope you guys recover.

Since last season you guys have really fallen off. I say this only because I am concerned about this series. The only 5 star episodes in last season were Major Boobage and Super Fun Time while Canada on Strike was ok. Here's hoping you guys start making great episodes like you were earlier.

What have we learned from "The Simpsons already did it?"

In others words you are admitting that their episodes are crap since Simpsons has already done all possible plot scenarios! lol. Now I don't think it's fair for you to say that since as I mentioned earlier they are still pretty good. Not as good as before but pretty good. You shouldn't say that they're finished. If that were the message from Matt and Trey in that episode then they would've shut it down wouldn't they?lol.
CartmansWhore

Postby CartmansWhore » Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:51 am

is it going to be Watchmen?
“The basis of all reasoning is the mind's awareness of itself. What we think, the external objects we perceive, are all like actors that come on and off stage. But our consciousness, the stage itself, is always present to us,” Trey Parker
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:16 am

walterreally wrote:it is disheartening to see Matt and Trey not being creative enough. I'm sure I'm not the only one who misses the random hunour that was there in SP earlier. Don't get me wrong. It is still a top show on tv. But cartman has been made this evil kid when he just the occassional assh*le in the first 5 seasons. Butters breaks in the news everytime something happens now while the rest of the cast is ignored. Rather than having completely different and unique concepts which noone could have ever guessed through a preview much like their earlier episodes resort is currently and unfortunately had to events in the real world all TOO OFTEN and excessive reliance placed upon them on carrying the episode . Mexican Staring frog of southern Sri Lanka, Sexual Harassment panda, An Elephant makes love to a Pig, Rainforest Shmainforest, Chickenlover, Chef Goes Nanners and so many more were ALL based on characters within south park other than the boys and didn't parody popular pop culture. Any reference if it all, was fleeting and temporary.
And now this episode will most likely parody the leprachaun rumour video and superhero movies of past year from Dark Knight to Watchmen. Another pop culture parody and less of South Park the place itself. Hope you guys recover.

Since last season you guys have really fallen off. I say this only because I am concerned about this series. The only 5 star episodes in last season were Major Boobage and Super Fun Time while Canada on Strike was ok. Here's hoping you guys start making great episodes like you were earlier.

Don't sh*t on this thread. We have threads for your disenchantment over at South Park Discussion, like this one. Go post in it.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:35 am

likethis_youdobitch wrote:Hey, maybe it's Token.. :lol:

I said that already.

likethis_youdobitch wrote:Maybe it's a four-assed mutant raccoon that escaped from the genetic engineering lab.. XD

That, would be f*cking awesome!

Myep, the Coon is probably wobble-chins, and I'm guessing Mysterion is maybe... Kyle? I was going to say Butters, but if it was Butters, we'd probably be seeing Prof. Chaos again. Which we might anyway. It's always a possibilititty.
tree fitty

Postby tree fitty » Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:06 am

i skipped a few pages but didnt see anyone call the leprechaun in mobile alabama reference...does anyone else see something familiar???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nda_OSWeyn8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZfyrIPw3wY leprechaun rap for you kids too

to me it took like mysterion to me! even the goofy face after looking toward the crowd, this sh*t made my night and the preview way funnier
cwatson3900

Postby cwatson3900 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:22 am

its Cartman i think
TinaR2684

Postby TinaR2684 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:29 am

It's about time. I was waiting for them to do something like this. I can't wait!

and I think the Coon may be Kenny since this kid rises from the trash and all.

but who knows, it can be anyone...we shall wait and see.
walterreally

Postby walterreally » Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:53 am

Big-Will wrote:

Don't sh*t on this thread. We have threads for your disenchantment over at South Park Discussion, like this one. Go post in it.

Disenchantment? Awww. Are you hurt? Really?Don't cry on this thread now. :lol:
poopydoopy

Postby poopydoopy » Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:43 pm

Scotland wrote:
likethis_youdobitch wrote:Hey, maybe it's Token.. :lol:

yeah he could be. If it is him, then the phrase "rising out from the trash" would be weird considering his family is rich

racoons get into trash thats the only connection

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”