*1302: The Coon* Pre-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Screwdriver

Re: *1302: The Coon* Pre-Air Discussion

Postby Screwdriver » Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:10 pm

hope they bring back old characters like tweak, towelie and mr hankey in this season..like they brought back kennys dead
likethis_youdobitch

Postby likethis_youdobitch » Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:26 pm

BRMBug wrote:Myep, the Coon is probably wobble-chins, and I'm guessing Mysterion is maybe... Kyle? I was going to say Butters, but if it was Butters, we'd probably be seeing Prof. Chaos again. Which we might anyway. It's always a possibilititty.

In all honesty I think it'll probably be another Kyle vs. Cartman style episode. Man, I hate those. :)

Still, hope springs eternal in the human soul..but I am neither human nor in possession of a soul. Tough sh*t for me, ainnit?
Respect4Grandma

Postby Respect4Grandma » Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:22 pm

Some of the predictions on here are pretty far-fetched. The Coon is definitely not Token, think about it, Token, a rich, small kid. The Coon, rises from the trash, fat (could just be his costume), I'm pretty sure Matt and Trey wouldn't make Token The Coon because they wanted to get a few laughs because of the racism.

Be realistic with your predictions people...

I think Cartman is Mysterion, just look at the second picture, the silhouette is totally Cartman's shape.
The Coon is probably Butters considering only Butters is lame enough to dress up as a raccoon and live in trash cans.

Who knows though, maybe the raccoon is an actual raccoon-which would be lame as hell- or maybe it'll be a new character. One more day until we find out, can't wait!
sharpie129

Postby sharpie129 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:51 pm

Ok guys... both pics are showing The Coon, not Mysterion. I doubt that The Coon has anything to do with race in this situation. If you zoom in on the second pic you can see an ear, whiskers, and that it has claws. If Token is one of them it's going to be Mysterion. Who else could afford a utility belt? Butters can't be either of them because who else could be the super-villain?

It's also possible (and more likely) that Mysterion would be Stan or Kyle if its not a secondary character. I'm hoping this is a chance to feature a character that hasn't gotten the spotlight yet... perhaps someone like Clyde...
Scott Malkinson has a lisp and diabetes, nobody's gonna let him do a musical.
Scotland

Postby Scotland » Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:56 pm

The tension is killing me :cartmancry:
The earliest I can see the episode is Thursday and that day is so long for me :cartmansad:
Yeah! So I did! I wanna just smiling!
Respect4Grandma

Postby Respect4Grandma » Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:58 pm

Yea but the second picture has a cape just like the people were describing Mysterion in the clip, if you look at the first one of The Coon he doesn't have a cape.

Good observation though, maybe you're right.

I think I'd want to see a Cartman vs. Kyle episode though, I'm damn sure that won't happen but I want to see them arguing again, it's classic, the last time I recall them fighting is in Elementary School Musical.
Scotland

Postby Scotland » Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:05 pm

I agree with the theory that it has something to to with racoons.
IhateZion

Postby IhateZion » Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:36 pm

:D :) :? :D :) :?

Looks like a spoof of the new "WATCHMEN" movie.

The raccoon could b butters, & the mysterion must be cartman.!!!!

Sounds interesting. Can't wait 2 watch.

:D :) :? :D :) :?
Jaimbier

Postby Jaimbier » Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:59 pm

Deffinatly Cartman,he's always banning out Crime

''Respect My Authority!
Diabeteth

Postby Diabeteth » Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:43 pm

Well, we just have to wait until tomorrow to find out. I wouldn't be surprised if one of them was a character we have never seen before, but not both. Where would be the fun in that if we had two superhero kids in South Park and neither of them were people we already knew?

Must... resist... urge... to guess...
Give a man a match, and he'll be warm for an hour. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
KenGuy5472

Postby KenGuy5472 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:53 pm

HallwayMonitor432 wrote:You know The Coon has to be Cartman because of the shape and that only HE would come up with something ridiculous like that.

And I guess that this episode won't spoof The Dark Knight because that movie came out during the summer, and in interviews Trey Parker and Matt Stone said it takes 6-7 days to make an episode, this would've came out during the mid-season new episodes that air in October. If any superhero stuff they'll spoof I bet on Watchmen and Heroes.

Yeah, I really agree with this.
Cartman's ALWAYS been like that. He always has.
He's done and still does the craziest, insane, outrageous, and especially diabolical things just to get it his way, (typically screwing over Butters) and if somehow, for some reason, he decides to dress up and "fight crime"....
there must be something in it for him.
But whatever it is, with Cartman, it could actually work.

and that's why I'm so damn excited about this, because Cartman episodes
always.
Kick.
ASS. :twisted:

BUT ANOTHER THING!
This is where it might REALLY get better.
If Cartman finds whatever reason to dress up and fight crime, I'm sure that good old Professor Chaos would want to compete.
Or you know, something like that happening.
and even though it'd be the whole Butters vs. Cartman thing, I don't even CARE if it's cliched because I think it would really rule.
and of course, Matt & Trey have so much up their sleeves with this on we just don't even KNOW.

So, tomorrow night's gonna rule. 8)
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:58 pm

tree fitty wrote:i skipped a few pages but didnt see anyone call the leprechaun in mobile alabama reference...does anyone else see something familiar???

I did. Like on page 2.
BRMBug wrote:
kanotynes wrote:Might be a response to the new Watchmen movie?

That's what I was thinking. I'm also surprised no one has said "Token" yet.

PS, Lep-chaun-Lep-chaun...
Scotland

Postby Scotland » Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:03 pm

I am literally hoping this won't turn out to be a Cartmman and Butters episode. Like I said before, we had enough last season and this idea has too much potential
Kenny-on-sp

Postby Kenny-on-sp » Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:08 pm

kelly macormac, butters is professor chaos but mabie butters wants to be good so he turns into a super hero or mabie its cartman trying to get attention...
Raisinz

Postby Raisinz » Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:00 am

tree fitty wrote:i skipped a few pages but didnt see anyone call the leprechaun in mobile alabama reference...does anyone else see something familiar???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nda_OSWeyn8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZfyrIPw3wY leprechaun rap for you kids too

to me it took like mysterion to me! even the goofy face after looking toward the crowd, this sh*t made my night and the preview way funnier

LOL, thanks for pointing that out. The video just made my day.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”