*1302: The Coon* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Scotland

Re: *1302: The Coon* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Scotland » Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:11 pm

That was pretty epic. I loved the suspense.

Well I liked it, this season is going great :cartmanlaugh:
Yeah! So I did! I wanna just smiling!
Cartmania4Ever

Postby Cartmania4Ever » Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:12 pm

It's easy to identify a character by their eyes. Just look at Craig's eyes, and look at Mysterion's. Identical. Besides, what other list of suspects are there?

Stan - Big pussy.

Clyde - Big baby.

Kyle - Who ever heard of a Jewish superhero? Not to mention the late-night rendezvous where they're clearly separate.

Wendy - Seriously? Mysterion didn't have boobs. It's clearly a dude.

Kenny - Way too poor to afford that costume.

Who else could it have been?
Ike_ve

Postby Ike_ve » Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:21 pm

Cartman said that he said his name... So i don't remember what names cartman said when they met on the roof, fking south park, now they are like LOST, Fcking misteries! H8 THEM! I cannot w8 for another episode!
Ike_ve

Postby Ike_ve » Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:25 pm

Cartmania4Ever wrote:It's easy to identify a character by their eyes. Just look at Craig's eyes, and look at Mysterion's. Identical. Besides, what other list of suspects are there?

Stan - Big pussy.

Clyde - Big baby.

Kyle - Who ever heard of a Jewish superhero? Not to mention the late-night rendezvous where they're clearly separate.

Stan- So what? Everything can happen!
Clyde-Doesn't matter, Butters is a big baby and he is a villn in south park..
Kyle-U r right about this1
Wendy-She doesnt have boobs either, even if she does have little boobies, mysterion has big costume, u cant see them anyway
Kenny-He is way to poor to buy concert tickets and a condom (from the episode-The Ring)
In south park, everything is fking possible

Oh, &yeah, sorry for double posting :)
Diabeteth

Postby Diabeteth » Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:30 pm

Ike_ve wrote:
Cartmania4Ever wrote:It's easy to identify a character by their eyes. Just look at Craig's eyes, and look at Mysterion's. Identical. Besides, what other list of suspects are there?

Stan - Big pussy.

Clyde - Big baby.

Stan- So what? Everything can happen!
Clyde-Doesn't matter, Butters is a big baby and he is a villn in south park..
Kyle-U r right about this1
Wendy-She doesnt have boobs either, even if she does have little boobies, mysterion has big costume, u cant see them anyway
Kenny-He is way to poor to buy concert tickets and a condom (from the episode-The Ring)
In south park, everything is fking possible

Oh, &yeah, sorry for double posting :)

Since you don't remember the names that Cartman said when he met Mysterion... they were Craig, Kyle, Clyde, and Stan. So it's down to three.
Give a man a match, and he'll be warm for an hour. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
**SLEIRY**

Postby **SLEIRY** » Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:38 pm

well, it wasn't token....but I could be Wendy too why not?
PhilipSerbia

Postby PhilipSerbia » Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:43 pm

**SLEIRY** wrote:well, it wasn't token....but I could be Wendy too why not?

Why not? The Mysterion has a male voice. :D
stevesut1

Postby stevesut1 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:49 pm

My vote for Mysterion would have to be Kenny. He sounded like Kenny might sound with a low, grumpled voice, judging from how he sounded in "The Jeffersons." There's also the whole "dying and coming back to life" thing, although, the way they did it in this episode doesn't really fit, but still.
michelone

Postby michelone » Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:56 pm

a very boring episode in my opinion ..
A SouthPark Orange

Postby A SouthPark Orange » Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:24 pm

Trafalgar Law wrote:People, don't tell me I'm the first one who noticed that Professor Chaos reveals Mysterions identity?
When the Coon appears in the final fight, right before he punches Chaos in the face, our favorite Super(?)villain(?) says this: 'Woah, wait, I thought we were gonna get her!'

I think it was "I thought we were working together"
- at least that was how ''I understood it. But it's still possible that it's Wendy. I actually thought of the same as her "why has it to be a guy?" I guess I'm kind of a Wendy-like feminist too. :mrgreen:

I'm suspecting Craig (I suspected him from the beginning because of the voice and him being a relatively laid-back person and not short tempered supports the assumption that he could be Batman - I mean mysterion - too) or maybe Stan. Kenny could be possible too. Clyde's too selfish and Tweek's too much of a chicken to be it and token's not white. I guess the part with Kyle was both a spoof and a way to show that it can't be him - which is good because he has been playing the part of Cartman's enemy already often enough.
I'm for Craig or Stan.
It's still funny that we all make all these assumptions, while T&M propably don't even know or care themselves.

Trafalgar Law wrote:Anyway, great episode, but Cartman is a much more evil than Butters, I'd have liked him being a Joker.

I thought that was what was so hilarious about this episode: Cartman failing to be a superhero while Butters fails to be a super-villain. Well, at least the latter got acknowledged as such. An appearance of Professor Chaos and General Disarray is always a bonus for me anyway. I'm also one of those people who loved it how M&T pulled the audience's leg AGAIN. Honestly, I almost feared that they'd do something like that. Overall, a pretty fun kids-being-kids episode and a little better than last week's (not that that was a bad one). The only drawback in my opinion was and still is the new "improved" look of SP. I'm not saying that I think the style of the first three or so seasons was the best ,even though I liked it better, but season 6 or 7 or maybe eight or even ten would be more true to the original simplistic "SP look". In season 5 and 6 the background, explosions etc looked a lot a stupider and as such - funnier and the background didn't clash with the much simpler design of the characters. Not that they should change the appearance of the characters - god beware! :shock: It's the same as with the look of GLs new Star Wars Prequels - newer doesn't necessarily mean better.

Nuff said, it's a good episode and I think season 13 started off better than season 12.
Pip: Besides, I hate french people.
kengc

Postby kengc » Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:47 pm

"Every town needs a coon", brilliant. Yes ever town could use someone good like the guy currently in office.

There is something more to mysterion calling on Kyle for identity help.

I think it's a girl, likely choice is wendy since she has shown her toughness by beating cartman's ass in a fight on a previous episode...do you think she would lose to someone like Butters?
walterreally

Postby walterreally » Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:52 pm

Another mediocre episode. It seems that you guys are doing this just for the sake of it. You just made the episode a direct parody of the Dark Knight and didn't keep it subtle. It wasn't even close to the Lord of the Rings episode which was awesome. The entire episode was built up in a contradictory way. Butters didn't know it was Cartman as the Coon?!?!? Butters accused Coon of doing a lot of bad stuff to him and addressed him as if he was Cartman and Cartman replied in the like. And then they don't each other's identities? RETARDED... Matt and Trey. That's what it is. The episode was clumsy till the end and was very self indulgent as you took many liberties.

Mysterion is someone (The Mysterion unmasked-doesn't have to be the same one that Cartman encounters at the beginning)
a. who has lived in South Park all his life
b. who is in the fourth grade
c. who has been alleged by Cartman to be Mysterion( Kenny Clyde Kyle Stan)

THE USUAL SUSPECTS

Anyway, Mysterion isn't Stan since Mysterion addresses Butters with respect deserving of a genuine superhero (as Chaos )whereas in an earlier episode(my future self and me) he said that the gimmick was gay. But that also shows that he knows his M.O as Mysterion mentioned he knew in the episode.That's all I have so far. Because he fits everything else.

Not Kyle (for what seem obvious reasons that he spoke to Mysterion- Though at the end of this post I have addressed how he has a chance of being the Mysterion who turns himself in at the end and not the one at the beginning provided they are different)

Not Clyde as the body structure fits Stan or Kyle as per Butters(which you guys might probably show it as a miscalculation on his part just to get a cheap laugh) and Clyde is the second heaviest kid in the class after Cartman himself as we got to know in 'Cartman's Little Hate Crime' and see in the 'The List'.

Kenny- So far the most likeliest candidate as per a lot of posts here. He's been in SP since day 1. Knows Cartman well, didn't reply to Cartman when they were at the bus stop when he was asked about his thoughts the Coon. He is also one of the few guys paying attention in the class along with Stan, Butters, and this chick with the red hair during Cartman's presentation and was also one of the people alleged by Cartman to be Mysterion.

OTHERS

Not Tweek- He shakes all the time. (Unless you ignore that too)

Not Wendy- Voice, body doesnt match. Nice try though.

Craig's voice is more nasal but you guys will say he wasn't speaking from his nose but was more 'throaty' like the new Batman. So don't know. Could be Craig. But Craig wasn't ever alleged by Cartman to be Mysterion. But then again, Cartman addressed that to the Mysterion who had turned himself in at the end. So maybe. Just maybe.

Kevin- He has lived in South Park from day one(not sure though) and is in the fourth grade though he wasn't paying attention in the class during Cartman's presentation. And Cartman did say that "I knew it was you. Remember I said it before". He never remarked that to Kevin or Wendy and Jason for that matter.

Jason- I really don't think he is Mysterion. Seriously.

HOWEVER seeing how this is based on the Dark Knight, and how they've structured the plot, arguments in accordance with it, it seems natural and now come to think of the conversation Kyle had with Mysterion ALMOST certain that Kyle was Mysterion (only in the last 5 minutes however). Why?

1. Someone stood in for Mysterion so his identity wouldn't be revealed! Like Harvey did for Batman. Kyle probably took the hit for Mysterion. While the real Mysterion makes another appearance later on. If that's the case then it COULD be Kyle too though only for the last 5 minutes as I mentioned earlier. This is backed by conversation they have where Mysterion asks Kyle for a favour. "Someone who can do some background checks for me, do soome investigating." Though I don't see how investigating leads to taking responsibility.

2. Not related to the Dark Knight references- Some here on this forum mentioned how in "Cartoon Wars II" Kyle said that terrorism shouldn't let us back down or something of that sort no matter what the cost. So yeah it could be Kyle if you guys have a sequel which I doubt since you guys ALWAYS tell us if it will be continued the following week.

That's all I have so far.
Quick_Ben

Postby Quick_Ben » Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:33 pm

Good stuff! Gotta say Dougie/General Disarray was friggen hilarious :)
starsky697

Postby starsky697 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:39 pm

uhhh ya this episode was bad
and so were the past few seasons
ever since cartmans voice changed it hasnt been funny.
the whining and screaming of cartman is part of what made sp so funny.
now its just terrible.
for those who said 10/10 or even 7/10 and higher obviously havnt been watching sp for very long. this isnt sp humor. sp is supposed to be immature fart jokes and yelling. like jakovasaurs
jelena radosavljevic

Postby jelena radosavljevic » Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:59 pm

It is Clyde for sure, because he was sleeping in school,so that is for sure! Am I no right? :)))

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”