*1302: The Coon* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Foxrider9292

Re: *1302: The Coon* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Foxrider9292 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:48 am

Mysterion = Wendy! Lol. Wendy:"How do you know mysterion is a girl?" Cartman: "f*ckin bitch..." Ahaha Classic. xD
Foxrider9292

Postby Foxrider9292 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:51 am

Also for all you people who think the identity is Kyle... Your FREAKIN' RETARTED! Kyle and mysterion were in the same room talking to eachother.... That wouldn't make sence...
tubby4000

Postby tubby4000 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:35 am

If you assume that the clues are in the episode, and nothing happens off-camera, Mysterion has to be Craig, Stan, Clyde, or Kenny.

At the end of the episode, Cartman says, "I knew it was you! I even said so!" The only people Cartman calls by name in the episode are Craig, Kyle, Stan, Clyde, and Kenny. We know it's not Kyle, so that leaves Craig, Stan, Clyde, and Kenny.

If this has already been adressed, my bad, I didn't read all 13 pages.
SniperFox1990

Postby SniperFox1990 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:37 am

I still think its Stan :zombiekenny:
pricey

Postby pricey » Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:58 am

Big-Will wrote:
pricey wrote:id give it a 9.

everyone knows mysterion was timmy :lol:

Why was he crossed off Professor Chaos' list of suspects?

DERP! i was joking haha. i think it was clyde.

i wish it was a crab person lol
africanviolet

Postby africanviolet » Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:16 am

MYSTERION IS TOKEN.....
Furious George

Postby Furious George » Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:56 am

It's got to be Craig because when Mysterion took off his mask Cartman said, "I knew it! I even said it was you before!". And i really cant see it being kenny.
SouthParkKicksAss!

Postby SouthParkKicksAss! » Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:46 am

The correct answer is...drumroll please...STAN!!! The "Mysterion" that revealed himself at the end however is of course Kyle protecting Stan. If Matt & Trey actually decide to make a sequel to this episode and/or simply come out and say a different answer than this, than, well, they f*cked up! This is the ONLY answer that makes any sense whatsoever! So please, people, just accept it, & move on with your lives! Thank you, goodnight, & long live South Park!!!
Source(s):
A culmination of watching every episode of South Park many, many times, & all the evidence that has been put forth by other South Park fans on various forums, which I thank those of you helped myself, & everyone else narrow it down to this correct solution. You rock!!!
WiLLiaint

Postby WiLLiaint » Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:17 am

walterreally wrote:Another mediocre episode. It seems that you guys are doing this just for the sake of it. You just made the episode a direct parody of the Dark Knight and didn't keep it subtle. It wasn't even close to the Lord of the Rings episode which was awesome. The entire episode was built up in a contradictory way. Butters didn't know it was Cartman as the Coon?!?!? Butters accused Coon of doing a lot of bad stuff to him and addressed him as if he was Cartman and Cartman replied in the like. And then they don't each other's identities? RETARDED... Matt and Trey. That's what it is. The episode was clumsy till the end and was very self indulgent as you took many liberties.

Mysterion is someone (The Mysterion unmasked-doesn't have to be the same one that Cartman encounters at the beginning)
a. who has lived in South Park all his life
b. who is in the fourth grade
c. who has been alleged by Cartman to be Mysterion( Kenny Clyde Kyle Stan)

THE USUAL SUSPECTS

Anyway, Mysterion isn't Stan since Mysterion addresses Butters with respect deserving of a genuine superhero (as Chaos )whereas in an earlier episode(my future self and me) he said that the gimmick was gay. But that also shows that he knows his M.O as Mysterion mentioned he knew in the episode.That's all I have so far. Because he fits everything else.

Not Kyle (for what seem obvious reasons that he spoke to Mysterion- Though at the end of this post I have addressed how he has a chance of being the Mysterion who turns himself in at the end and not the one at the beginning provided they are different)

Not Clyde as the body structure fits Stan or Kyle as per Butters(which you guys might probably show it as a miscalculation on his part just to get a cheap laugh) and Clyde is the second heaviest kid in the class after Cartman himself as we got to know in 'Cartman's Little Hate Crime' and see in the 'The List'.

Kenny- So far the most likeliest candidate as per a lot of posts here. He's been in SP since day 1. Knows Cartman well, didn't reply to Cartman when they were at the bus stop when he was asked about his thoughts the Coon. He is also one of the few guys paying attention in the class along with Stan, Butters, and this chick with the red hair during Cartman's presentation and was also one of the people alleged by Cartman to be Mysterion.

OTHERS

Not Tweek- He shakes all the time. (Unless you ignore that too)

Not Wendy- Voice, body doesnt match. Nice try though.

Craig's voice is more nasal but you guys will say he wasn't speaking from his nose but was more 'throaty' like the new Batman. So don't know. Could be Craig. But Craig wasn't ever alleged by Cartman to be Mysterion. But then again, Cartman addressed that to the Mysterion who had turned himself in at the end. So maybe. Just maybe.

Kevin- He has lived in South Park from day one(not sure though) and is in the fourth grade though he wasn't paying attention in the class during Cartman's presentation. And Cartman did say that "I knew it was you. Remember I said it before". He never remarked that to Kevin or Wendy and Jason for that matter.

Jason- I really don't think he is Mysterion. Seriously.

HOWEVER seeing how this is based on the Dark Knight, and how they've structured the plot, arguments in accordance with it, it seems natural and now come to think of the conversation Kyle had with Mysterion ALMOST certain that Kyle was Mysterion (only in the last 5 minutes however). Why?

1. Someone stood in for Mysterion so his identity wouldn't be revealed! Like Harvey did for Batman. Kyle probably took the hit for Mysterion. While the real Mysterion makes another appearance later on. If that's the case then it COULD be Kyle too though only for the last 5 minutes as I mentioned earlier. This is backed by conversation they have where Mysterion asks Kyle for a favour. "Someone who can do some background checks for me, do soome investigating." Though I don't see how investigating leads to taking responsibility.

2. Not related to the Dark Knight references- Some here on this forum mentioned how in "Cartoon Wars II" Kyle said that terrorism shouldn't let us back down or something of that sort no matter what the cost. So yeah it could be Kyle if you guys have a sequel which I doubt since you guys ALWAYS tell us if it will be continued the following week.

That's all I have so far.

Well, I was going to organize something like this, but since you did it already, I'll just dissolve it.

First of all: So far nobody sic has come to the conclusion it can be, simply, a general superhero film/comic satire. Are these not possible any more?
-- You could take hours analyzing the Coon or Mysterion characters and, and find qualities of comic book characters they're based off
Second: Maybe you should watch it again, because the entire thing makes a lot of sense if you think about it. Which takes me to another point: A lot of posts have been judging more immaturely than the fart-jokes you so sorrowfully crave.

Thanks putting that together, so I didn't have to.
All of Mysterion's qualities, so I don't have to , I mean.

So, if we've all come to the conclusion it's Kenny Clyde Kyle Stan, and maybe, possibly, Craig, I'll take my go at it:

Craig: I agree that he's got a way too nasally voice to be Mysterion. Though Mysterion's is a little nasally, it sounds more like Kenny's accent.

Stan: With his red poof-ball toque, Stan looks a lot like Mysterion. He's also Kyle's best freinds and has complimented him before. However, Stan's more the cautious type. He really wouldn't act this way.

Kyle: I don't dink Kyle is Mysterio. Or the REAL Mysterion... After Mysterion went into Kyles room, a few possibilities are likely :
-- Mysterion needed Kyle's help for some kind of strategic planning/assistance
-----and/or
--Mysterion needed Kyle to pull off a publicity stunt, the "Harvey Dent", when he unmasks himself it will be Kyle and not the REAL Mysterion.
-----and/or
--Mysterion has a plot, which uses more than just Kyle (ie, Stan, and Clyde, and Craig are in on it too), Kyle is the only one we see.

Clyde: He was sleeping in class. Most of the other kids were dozing off, as well, and Clyde seemed pretty awake in the hall.

Kenny: Most likely Mysterion. The hood matches. The body matches. The voice is pretty close, imagining his little accent deepened.

Also, I hope they skip a week, put out an april fools episode, and give us a two week gap! How often does April First land on a Wednesday? Unless this somehow becomes a 3-parter... But drawing this out that long? Hmm, Intriguing, but it may become... too stale.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you can't
Shame_US

Postby Shame_US » Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:34 am

There a lot of great breakdowns of this ep. Im watching it again, and when Cartman is giving his speech in class about who the coon is. Eric had to wake a tired Clyde. Everyone else was bored, but Clyde was asleep. Maybe because he was protecting South Park the night before, or just bored of Cartman's ramblings. Just something I noticed the second time around.
SPDano

Postby SPDano » Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:46 am

I think Mysterion is Craig. Notice how he is missing from class while cartman is giving his speech about the coon. also he is one of the four names cartman mentioned . he is also the only one who didn't have a picture of Mysterion in his locker.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:50 am

Shame_US wrote:There a lot of great breakdowns of this ep. Im watching it again, and when Cartman is giving his speech in class about who the coon is. Eric had to wake a tired Clyde. Everyone else was bored, but Clyde was asleep. Maybe because he was protecting South Park the night before, or just bored of Cartman's ramblings. Just something I noticed the second time around.

Why is Cartman so awake when Clyde is asleep? If they're both doing crimefighting at night, shouldn't they be equally tired?
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
sterry329

Postby sterry329 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:26 am

very funny episode
who is Mysterion???

to all you haters... go f*ck yourselves. :-)
SouthParkKicksAss!

Postby SouthParkKicksAss! » Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:36 am

SouthParkKicksAss! wrote:The correct answer is...drumroll please...STAN!!! The "Mysterion" that revealed himself at the end however is of course Kyle protecting Stan. If Matt & Trey actually decide to make a sequel to this episode and/or simply come out and say a different answer than this, than, well, they f*cked up! This is the ONLY answer that makes any sense whatsoever! So please, people, just accept it, & move on with your lives! Thank you, goodnight, & long live South Park!!!
Source(s):
A culmination of watching every episode of South Park many, many times, & all the evidence that has been put forth by other South Park fans on various forums, which I thank those of you helped myself, & everyone else narrow it down to this correct solution. You rock!!!

Oh my god...He's right!!!
walterreally

Postby walterreally » Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:43 am

Wii fit man wrote:see, this is really typical. , I don't dislike any SP.

"You actually thought....."!! No! Really?

How do you rate classic episodes?
uh, lower.... I actually like the newer ones better....

"You actually liked....." Actually? Really? Actually?

SP is nowhere near as good as the first 4 seasons
Oh, you can take a little change.

No wonder the ratings fell from 8 to 3-4 now. Maybe those millions of people know something that you don't. Let it go man.

or even seasons 6, 7, and 8.
Actually, I thought the best seasons were 5 through 11.

"You actually thought....!!!!" Again!!!! Wow, really? You thought again! Good for you!Great job li'l buddy.

The jonas brothers episode was comedic bankruptcy
How so? I thought it was really good, actually.

You "actually thought". Man! That's some serious thinking you did there.

Whoa! Evidently, you actually didn't think much there. :lol:

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”