*1302: The Coon* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

skate4life

Re: *1302: The Coon* Post-Air Discussion

Postby skate4life » Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:55 am

ummmmm i think its kevin because butters is dr chaos
stan & kyle are still there and wendy is not gone, and kevin is not one of the main characters so its most likely kevin :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Kelly MacCornmac

Postby Kelly MacCornmac » Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:00 am

^It's not likely to be Kevin, because it has to be one of the people Cartman pointed out. But of course, he could have said his name offscreen. For the sake of argument though, I think it's more reliable to go with the ones said onscreen.

SouthParkKicksAss! wrote:
SouthParkKicksAss! wrote:The correct answer is...drumroll please...STAN!!! The "Mysterion" that revealed himself at the end however is of course Kyle protecting Stan. If Matt & Trey actually decide to make a sequel to this episode and/or simply come out and say a different answer than this, than, well, they f*cked up! This is the ONLY answer that makes any sense whatsoever! So please, people, just accept it, & move on with your lives! Thank you, goodnight, & long live South Park!!!
Source(s):
A culmination of watching every episode of South Park many, many times, & all the evidence that has been put forth by other South Park fans on various forums, which I thank those of you helped myself, & everyone else narrow it down to this correct solution. You rock!!!

Oh my god...He's right!!!

double quoting yourself =/= right. It could be Craig, Clyde, or Kenny too. All of them make sense. I think it's more likely to be Kenny, however, but that may just be my fangirlness that is kicking in.
Causing havoc on the BBS one post at a time

Officially supports the de-perma of GTA, Mike, Cartman, and possibly others

SPU! Join it!
sacmpay

Postby sacmpay » Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:06 am

The person who unmasked himself publicly is Kyle, because mysterion asked him for help (it is a good reference to Dark Night).
And my guess on mysterion is Clyde, since he is sleeping when Cartman talks about the coon-he must be tired for staying awake at night.
PhilipSerbia

Postby PhilipSerbia » Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:36 pm

butters kenny wrote:I like all episodes and seasons.

I don't like all episodes ("Pip", "Stanley's cup"...) but i like all seasons. I don't really understand people who don't like season 12. It has great episodes. But i think that season 13 will be much better! I liked this episode a lot! This was just great. I give it 9/10.
bartek

Postby bartek » Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:57 pm

it has to be Stan. I am pretty sure he had called Kyle the smartest guy he knows before
Biscuits

Postby Biscuits » Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:29 pm

I think Mysterion is obviously Cartman's cat, Mr. Kitty.

Since Mysterion is someone who Cartman had accused him of being before, in the beginning of the episode the Coon calls Mysterion a copy CAT. We know that Mr Kitty is monogomously gendered, hence it being a female cat named "MR Kitty." Logically, this means that Mr. Kitty can also shapeshift as well as change genders. Mr Kitty most likely shapeshifted into a 4th grade superhero in attempt to steal the Coon's spotlight. Why would Mr Kitty do this? Because Mr. Kitty hates Cartman, and wants revenge for never getting any pot pie. Another reason could be that cats hate raccoons.
Last edited by Biscuits on Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CartmanMills

Postby CartmanMills » Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:33 pm

Nice episode.

I usually felt that some of the past seasons had a terrific episode starter and then it's second episode of the season was crap. This totally threw that out of the window - absolute cracker of an episode. It was exciting, funny and had some nice references throughout - even I was rooting to find out who 'Mysterion' was before the ending was pulling back for the 'audience' in SP but not revealing who it actually was.. a jab, if you will, at themselves because they all look so alike (if you took away the hats/clothing and hair etc as seen in the 'Super Best Friends' episode).

Who is Mysterion? I don't really want a sequel, tbh. I felt it wrapped up the episode wonderfully - it was a silly 'kids playing superhero' storyline and so the ending was that you never truly know who it was. Why explore that further? They made a point. :)

8/10. And may we have many more of episodes like the quality we've seen so far.

With two great episodes in the bag, I have no doubt that the rest of the season will do the show justice. Roll on episode 3...
Royboy94

Postby Royboy94 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:25 pm

Who is Mysterion?

Kenny:
Remember? all the people recognized Mysterion, he only showed his face, and who is the kid who normally only shows his face? that's right! Kenny!

Clyde:
We all know that Clyde is the next fattest kid in class, i dunno if is saw it right, but Mysterion looked a little fat like Clyde...
Also his voice sounds kinda like mysterion i think.
Final, Clyde was sleeping in class, of course he could be so sleepy by fighting crime the night before...

Kyle:
We all know that Klye and Mysterion where in the same scene, but Mysterion asked Kyle for help right?
Maybe he asked Kyle to dress up as Mysterion to not let the real identity be know...

Craig:
Dunno really what to say about him, i don't think he really has a motive.
Maybe he's still angry at cartman for the whole Peruean flute band thing....

Stan:
Also not much to tell about i think.
He is Kyle's best friend, so maybe that's why he asked Kyle for help or something?

It can't possibly be one of the not mentioned above, because Mysterion is someone mentioned by cartman.

Maybe in one of the next episodes there will be someone missing in class...
Maybe Cartman says something like: Hey you guys, remember that (Mysterion's real name) got arrested for showing his face?

Mabe we will find an old Mysterion costume somewhere in the background in a kids room in some kind of scene.

Who knows...
Levani

Postby Levani » Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:19 pm

kenny is too cool to be mysterion.i bet it was either craig or clyde.
Amrryn

Postby Amrryn » Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:30 pm

OMG I loved this episode!

I just thought it was the cutest thing when Eric came home and huffed all irritated to his mom! So adorable! And when Butters tripped in between his speech to the Coon. It made me lol!

I absolutely loved the Airport Hilton Ginger Kids reference! HAHAHA...

As to who is Mysterion? My bet is on Craig. I really think its him. I think Stan would TELL Kyle that he was a super hero. Why wouldn't you tell your best friend about your secret identity? And when Kyle asked him why he came to him for help, he told him because he was the smartest kid in class. I really don't think its Stan. My second guess was Clyde just 'cause he was asleep in class. Maybe he was fighting crime all night. But Clyde ALWAYS sleeps in class! It was definitely Kyle who revealed his face to the town. I think so too!

So my guess is Craig.

I'd give this episode 9/10!

:D
Last edited by Amrryn on Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
WiLLiaint

Postby WiLLiaint » Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:36 pm

Big-Will wrote:Why is Cartman so awake when Clyde is asleep? If they're both doing crimefighting at night, shouldn't they be equally tired?

Maybe Cartman drinks more coffee? He is more mature than the rest of his friends...
Just because you can, doesn't mean you can't
likethis_youdobitch

Postby likethis_youdobitch » Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:38 pm

WiLLiaint wrote:He [Cartman] is more mature than the rest of his friends...

Phoooh! That's a laugh. :lol:
Butterskicksass

Postby Butterskicksass » Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:40 pm

I'm putting my money on Craig, they have started to bring him in more on previous episodes (pandemic). BUT.... could it be Kevin or Clyde?? The world may never know!! HAHA!! Anyways, I think this was a really good episode. And the fact that all of us are still wondering who mysterion is great!! Could there be a follow up to this?? I hope so!! (Poor Butters!!) LOL... 9/10!!
Do you like fishsticks? Then you must be a gay fish!
Favorite Character: Butters of course!
Favorite Episode: Fishsticks now... Was Fellowship of the rings.
choco_noire07

Who's Mysterion

Postby choco_noire07 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:47 pm

So basically guyz.. Who's the Mysterion anyways???
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:30 pm

It doesn't matter now. The Coon took care of him!

My entire plan worked to perfection. My work here is done. With Mysterion out of the way the Coon can finally go back to keeping the city safe. Once again, I alone am the symbol this town can stand behind. Every town needs a hero. Every town needs... a Coon.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”