*1302: The Coon* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

jonholb56

Re: *1302: The Coon* Post-Air Discussion

Postby jonholb56 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:48 pm

I don't trust Cartman as a super-hero. He is very narcistic. I hope that Kyle Broflovski or Kenny McCormick is "Mysterion". Kyle has the maturity to be a superhero. Besides, it would drive Cartman nuts! If "Mysterion" is the alter-ego for Kenny McCormick, maybe he is beginning to rise above his tragic home situation.
Thank-You
P.S. I hope that Mysterion appears in future episodes of "South Park".
josuepilk

Postby josuepilk » Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:55 pm

Whether you like this kind of South Park or not, there's one thing you have to admit: when they do parodies, they do them as good or better than the originals. In Cartoon Wars the whole Captain and T'Neal bit was not only something Family Guy would do, it was funnier.

When they did Elementary School Musical, the songs were amazingly corny and hilarious, just like the original. The same goes for the Fingerbang boy band and the Jonas Brothers' songs. F'd in the A, was an excellent mockery of a society in love with TV shows and movies related to dance-offs and Butters' internet video from Canada on Strike was a beautiful riff on a society obsessed with fame at all costs. And that's just a sampling.

Now they come out with this parody of a society obsessed with superheroes and superhero movies. The animation in this South Park makes you forget you are watching South Park, never have I seen a episode so aesthetically pleasing. The story may have been lacking, but it was something awesome to look at.
I will do my German dance for you, it's fun and gay and tra-la-la...
Scotland

Postby Scotland » Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:23 pm

josuepilk wrote:Whether you like this kind of South Park or not, there's one thing you have to admit: when they do parodies, they do them as good or better than the originals. In Cartoon Wars the whole Captain and T'Neal bit was not only something Family Guy would do, it was funnier.

When they did Elementary School Musical, the songs were amazingly corny and hilarious, just like the original. The same goes for the Fingerbang boy band and the Jonas Brothers' songs. F'd in the A, was an excellent mockery of a society in love with TV shows and movies related to dance-offs and Butters' internet video from Canada on Strike was a beautiful riff on a society obsessed with fame at all costs. And that's just a sampling.

Now they come out with this parody of a society obsessed with superheroes and superhero movies. The animation in this South Park makes you forget you are watching South Park, never have I seen a episode so aesthetically pleasing. The story may have been lacking, but it was something awesome to look at.

So true. For once, they came out of their usual routine and stepped into a new world. I hope more of these episodes are done again.
Yeah! So I did! I wanna just smiling!
KyleRoxDaSox

Postby KyleRoxDaSox » Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:39 pm

:P I dun't think its kenny because it sounds more like stan, in the episode the jeffersons kenny's voice is a lot higher and faggier so I doubt he could get it that low.
StuntGirl1985

Postby StuntGirl1985 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:02 pm

I really thought that the only black family in town is Token's family. What is that black dude doing in the episode?
Also who is the blond kid sitting next to/in front of Bebe in class while Cartman tells is Coon presentation? Never seen lots of kids before.... I really liked how they changed the posters in the kids rooms and in the classroom. Love this episode!!!!!
kowalski021

Postby kowalski021 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:19 pm

sacmpay wrote:The person who unmasked himself publicly is Kyle, because mysterion asked him for help (it is a good reference to Dark Night).
And my guess on mysterion is Clyde, since he is sleeping when Cartman talks about the coon-he must be tired for staying awake at night.

This is good theory man :D

But, I'm still in thought that real Mysterion is someone not that much exposed, of course Clyde is in that group, but my candidates are also Jason and Craig. Jason is there almost from start of SP, but never had some role, Craig had much bigger role in last season than in all previous... So my tip is in this order: Jason, Craig, Clyde
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:21 pm

StuntGirl1985 wrote:Also who is the blond kid sitting next to/in front of Bebe in class while Cartman tells is Coon presentation? Never seen lots of kids before....

That's Bradley. He's appeared for years, but finally got a name three years ago, in "Follow That Egg!"
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
ikes_da_man

Postby ikes_da_man » Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:32 am

Great episode. Can't wait to see who it turns out to be. I'll be watching next week for sure. I'd go with Kenny, but he always ends up dead. The other guys aren't likely because they need them for every episode. Gotta be Craig, Clyde, or one of the chicks.
CircusRock

Postby CircusRock » Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:37 am

Great episode, but why didn't they include Darth Chef?
Tustin2121

Postby Tustin2121 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:44 am

No one's said it yet, but it could be A GIRL like Wendy said! After all, at the very end, they didn't say "he" or "she", they just said "that kid"!

I vote for Wendy!!
asumobius

Postby asumobius » Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:07 am

Just like a previous poster said, it was definitely Kyle who was unmasked because Mysterion asked for his help but they never went any farther with it. I like the theory that it could be Kyle because he was asleep....but everyone was half asleep during his presentation. I think it is Stan based off the 9/11 episode.... I like how he tries to blame others and then it ends up being him.
southparkisthebomb

Postby southparkisthebomb » Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:59 am

i think that "the coon" episode was good because it was fuuny but it was also dumb because it didn't tell who the superhero was and i hope that they tell us that it is Kyle.
Wii fit man

Postby Wii fit man » Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:35 am

CircusRock wrote:Great episode, but why didn't they include Darth Chef?

Because Issac Hayes died. That's Chef's voice actor.
effses: Austin confirmed for turbo homosexual
DEFINEsammie

Postby DEFINEsammie » Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:04 am

it couldn't have been kyle; the coon was talking to him.
i honestly think it was Stan. It just seems like a "Stan" move, doncha think?
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:48 am

CircusRock wrote:Great episode, but why didn't they include Darth Chef?

Because Darth Chef is an adult?
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”