*1303: Margaritaville* Post-Episode Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Stanley_Marsh109

Re: *1303: Margaritaville* Post-Episode Discussion

Postby Stanley_Marsh109 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:55 pm

South Park has finally restored my faith in it! These last few episodes have been fantastic compared to Season 12. No more constant movie spoofs or unoriginal plotlines. It's back to having a purpose again, such as last night's episode. I hope they keep this trend going!
I'm only happy when I'm in my misery...

Thanks to Mr. Hat_DX27 for the sig!
RejoiceItsSusan

Postby RejoiceItsSusan » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:06 pm

ChOpPiNwEwEsIsNoTcOo wrote:-they had Kyle going EVERYWHERE trying to return the MARGARITAVILLE blender. also very funny.

That was Stan...
GlittersBlings

Postby GlittersBlings » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:15 pm

i give this episode

9.7 out of 10/10 :)
DevilAngel16

Postby DevilAngel16 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:20 pm

I actually really enjoyed this episode (mostly because I'm Catholic and found it hilarious that Kyle was portrayed as Jesus in their new lifestyle without the economy.)

Some of the highlights of the episode for me were:

The news logo covering Butters' face. XD
That old "THEY TOOK OUR JURBS!" line from Goobacks.
Kenny without his hood and covering his face with the sheet.
Cartman's little disappointed huff (like in last week's episode).
The way that 'Sur La Table' guy pronounced all of those words ending in -le.
The Obama joke at the end.

Even though the episode was sorta confusing to me at first, it started coming together about halfway through. I didn't particularly enjoy Stan's subplot though. It was just confusing. (Except for that joke at the end with the headless chicken. That was funny, especially since Stan just got so fed up and broke the Margaritaville after all of that sh*t.)

The other subplot finally made sense to me once everyone started throwing squirrels at Mr. Garrison, and Kyle stepped in; at that point I was all, "OHMYGOD it's just like Jesus with the stoning!" Haha. I loved all of the references to Jesus' crucifiction (I lol'd at the 'Last Supper' and Kyle's 'sacrifice' and 'being placed in the tomb' and all of that.) Good stuff.

This is such a great season so far. God only knows what they have planned for next week's episode, since it airs on April Fool's Day.
sincityxingyi

Postby sincityxingyi » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:31 pm

Paying off everyone's debt would bring the economy to a screaching halt, because our fiat currency is backed by debt; and that is why this episode was such a dissapointment ...

NO DEBT = NO MONEY !!!

... our money is based on debt, but even if it was backed by GOLD it would still be a criminal scam because of the tactic of FRACTIONAL RESERVE BANKING ...

... Fiat Currency backed by DEBT, and the "shell game" of Fractional Reserve Banking are so inherently funny it boggles my mind how the writers could have missed such a juicy target for their comedy.

Thomas Jefferson warned us about private central banks issuing paper money and jacking the people around by inflating and contracting the money supply.

Andrew Jackson cut the central bankers out of the equation, and paid off the national debt in short order, - if Obama really wanted to CHANGE things, he and congress would do the same thing.

The Federal Reserve's charter will end in 2010; so now is the time for for "CHANGE", - if anyone has balls big enough to do it !

Of course Obama would get wacked by the bankers; the same way they wacked Lincoln, the same way they wacked JFK, the same way they tried to wack "Old Hickory", and for the same reason they wacked Jesus ( from the famous "Jesus Stories").

Of course, - not all Bankers are Jews, and not all Jews are Rothchilds, and not all Bankers are Central Bankers; - so we really need to employ critical thinking when we start considering that a conspiracy is really REAL, and not just the paranoid delusions of some schitzo sitting on a urine stained mattress, banging himself in the head with a rubber spatula, ( I , myself draw the line at RFD Chips, FEMA Detention Camps, and Reptialian OverLords - but that's just me).

So much funny, relavent stuff !

How could they miss it ?

:?
Last edited by sincityxingyi on Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.
butters kenny

Postby butters kenny » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:33 pm

Kyle as Jesus? Cartman as Judah?
I Wasn't choking you I was just hugging your neck

R.I.P Chef for realz this time

( chef joined the sith so why don't you?)

R.I.P Billy Bonka
LedZepp94

Postby LedZepp94 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:54 pm

sincityxingyi wrote:Paying off everyone's debt would bring the economy to a screaching halt, because our fiat currency is backed by debt; and that is why this episode was such a dissapointment ...

NO DEBT = NO MONEY !!!

... our money is based on debt, but even if it was backed by GOLD it would still be a criminal scam because of the tactic of FRACTIONAL RESERVE BANKING ...

... Fiat Currency backed by DEBT, and the "shell game" of Fractional Reserve Banking are so inherently funny it boggles my mind how the writers could have missed such a juicy target for their comedy.

Thomas Jefferson warned us about private central banks issuing paper money and jacking the people around by inflating and contracting the money supply.

Andrew Jackson cut the central bankers out of the equation, and paid off the national debt in short order, - if Obama really wanted to CHANGE things, he and congress would do the same thing.

The Federal Reserve's charter will end in 2010; so now is the time for for "CHANGE", - if anyone has balls big enough to do it !

Of course Obama would get wacked by the bankers; the same way they wacked Lincoln, the same way they wacked JFK, the same way they tried to wack "Old Hickory", and for the same reason they wacked Jesus ( from the famous "Jesus Stories").

Of course, - not all Bankers are Jews, and not all Jews are Rothchilds, and not all Bankers are Central Bankers; - so we really need to employ critical thinking when we start considering that a conspiracy is really REAL, and not just the paranoid delusions of some schitzo sitting on a urine stained mattress, banging himself in the head with a rubber spatula, ( I , myself draw the line at RFD Chips, FEMA Detention Camps, and Reptialian OverLords - but that's just me).

So much funny, relavent stuff !

How could they miss it ?

:?

dude......its a cartoon not cnn. you need to relax and just enjoy the show, seriously.
sincityxingyi

Postby sincityxingyi » Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:03 pm

"Comedy isn't pretty"

- Steve Martin
most369

Postby most369 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:17 pm

THEY TOOK OUR JERBS :timmy:
nall
Site Admin

Postby nall » Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:33 pm

The episode is now uncensored.

Also: we've added sheets to the avatar creator.
GlittersBlings

Postby GlittersBlings » Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:39 pm

nall wrote:The episode is now uncensored.

Also: we've added sheets to the avatar creator.

Thanks Nall :D
drewy813

Postby drewy813 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:39 pm

THAT WAS THE BEST F***ING EPISODE EVER!... maybe even better than the Scientology episode.
sextonmusic

Postby sextonmusic » Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:47 pm

top 10 episode for me.

Postby 203177 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:56 pm

the wallpaper is cool.
My favorite sp characters: Bridon(he's so cute!)
Kyle,Stan, Kenny/Mysterion.

Fave ep: ESM Season 12,Sec fave: Butterballs Season 16
willowrose

Postby willowrose » Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:59 pm

hm. I'm just trying to test out my new avatar!!!!!!!!

Thank you!

Why isn't my avatar showing up properly? :x
Last edited by willowrose on Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
I don't have a signature

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”