*1303: Margaritaville* Post-Episode Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

gtaca2005

Re: *1303: Margaritaville* Post-Episode Discussion

Postby gtaca2005 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:02 am

LedZepp94 wrote:
sincityxingyi wrote:Paying off everyone's debt would bring the economy to a screaching halt, because our fiat currency is backed by debt; and that is why this episode was such a dissapointment ...

NO DEBT = NO MONEY !!!

... our money is based on debt, but even if it was backed by GOLD it would still be a criminal scam because of the tactic of FRACTIONAL RESERVE BANKING ...

... Fiat Currency backed by DEBT, and the "shell game" of Fractional Reserve Banking are so inherently funny it boggles my mind how the writers could have missed such a juicy target for their comedy.

Thomas Jefferson warned us about private central banks issuing paper money and jacking the people around by inflating and contracting the money supply.

Andrew Jackson cut the central bankers out of the equation, and paid off the national debt in short order, - if Obama really wanted to CHANGE things, he and congress would do the same thing.

The Federal Reserve's charter will end in 2010; so now is the time for for "CHANGE", - if anyone has balls big enough to do it !

Of course Obama would get wacked by the bankers; the same way they wacked Lincoln, the same way they wacked JFK, the same way they tried to wack "Old Hickory", and for the same reason they wacked Jesus ( from the famous "Jesus Stories").

Of course, - not all Bankers are Jews, and not all Jews are Rothchilds, and not all Bankers are Central Bankers; - so we really need to employ critical thinking when we start considering that a conspiracy is really REAL, and not just the paranoid delusions of some schitzo sitting on a urine stained mattress, banging himself in the head with a rubber spatula, ( I , myself draw the line at RFD Chips, FEMA Detention Camps, and Reptialian OverLords - but that's just me).

So much funny, relavent stuff !

How could they miss it ?

:?

dude......its a cartoon not cnn. you need to relax and just enjoy the show, seriously.

Dude, he's right though.

Do you think the banks would loan money in a debt free society? Do you think PEOPLE would get themselves back into debt once it's paid off?

I think people would just try to spend what they had in "disposable" income.

Earlier in the thread, I advocated clearing peoples debt, mainly because my family's debts. This is selfish though. Debt is the banks income. And as illogical as it seems to you, it becomes clear:

Debt = Money..... 100%

The money you owe is negative to you, but it is potential profit to a bank or investor.

With no debt, there really is no money. I really don't want to explain it, it is hard to explain and will require a lot of typing. I'm too fat and lazy for that.
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
Leili

Postby Leili » Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:04 am

Hahaha. Poor Kyle
:lol:
Doctor7474

Postby Doctor7474 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:10 am

I sooo want a full size Whistling Willy's Last Supper poster to hang in my living room!
gtaca2005

Postby gtaca2005 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:12 am

This video explains it, sorry, I HATE typing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVkFb26u9g8
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
chefaddslovetofood

Postby chefaddslovetofood » Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:03 am

:parishilton:
o yes it is true all true but it is the rich folk that are sucking the economy dry and the central banks in the world are taking money of us by charging interest over every dollar euro or whatever that they print. They can print any amount they like and spend that and that makes our money worth less so they are cheating.
Demand the money to be equal to the goods we posess as it was in the years before and the economy will be honest again.

Anyways great idea kyle doing what he did. If anyone is suicidal or terminal can they please do the same? That will teach the banks stealing from us. :lol:
Last edited by chefaddslovetofood on Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:46 am, edited 3 times in total.
KyIe

Postby KyIe » Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:08 am

The ending was classic :!:
chefaddslovetofood

Postby chefaddslovetofood » Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:10 am

it clearly states you should not give away the clues in case someone has not seen the episode????

DevilAngel16 wrote:I actually really enjoyed this episode (mostly because I'm Catholic and found it hilarious that Kyle was portrayed as Jesus in their new lifestyle without the economy.)

Some of the highlights of the episode for me were:

The news logo covering Butters' face. XD
That old "THEY TOOK OUR JURBS!" line from Goobacks.
Kenny without his hood and covering his face with the sheet.
Cartman's little disappointed huff (like in last week's episode).
The way that 'Sur La Table' guy pronounced all of those words ending in -le.
The Obama joke at the end.

Even though the episode was sorta confusing to me at first, it started coming together about halfway through. I didn't particularly enjoy Stan's subplot though. It was just confusing. (Except for that joke at the end with the headless chicken. That was funny, especially since Stan just got so fed up and broke the Margaritaville after all of that sh*t.)

The other subplot finally made sense to me once everyone started throwing squirrels at Mr. Garrison, and Kyle stepped in; at that point I was all, "OHMYGOD it's just like Jesus with the stoning!" Haha. I loved all of the references to Jesus' crucifiction (I lol'd at the 'Last Supper' and Kyle's 'sacrifice' and 'being placed in the tomb' and all of that.) Good stuff.

This is such a great season so far. God only knows what they have planned for next week's episode, since it airs on April Fool's Day.
Last edited by chefaddslovetofood on Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wii fit man

Postby Wii fit man » Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:13 am

Free speech dude. Besides, that was a while ago. Hey! I loved the ending and the reporter guy who shot himself.
effses: Austin confirmed for turbo homosexual
Kensuke

Postby Kensuke » Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:27 am

Wastin' away again in Margaritaville
Searching for my lost shaker of salt
Some people claim that there's a woman to blame
But I know it's nobody's fault
"If I had one wish, I would ask for a big enough ass for the whole world to kiss" ~ Eminem

AxayPaulene wrote:
Niels0827 wrote:But he (RideTheLightning)wanted Kensuke's hot man chowder.
Don't we all?
ShadowMark

Postby ShadowMark » Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:35 am

To be honest with you, I thought it was gonna suck until I saw how funny this episode is. This is the second time Kyle saved the town of South Park from mass ignorance alone since Overlogging. Also, Cartman continues to accuse the Jews for what the economy has done. The fat ass never stops!
chefaddslovetofood

Postby chefaddslovetofood » Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:42 am

devide and rule:
racism hate religion; all used to devide and rule.
and the omnipowerfull bank that magically makes your money dissapear.
This episode has it all.
Hayley B

Postby Hayley B » Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:46 am

I wasn't too wild about this episode . Though, I did think in the very beginning before the Season 13 started. That they would probably do a show about the economy.

I did like the chicken with it's head cut off part and had a little interests of how they made Kenny look in a toga. :D
Hayley B: My own name Location: Delaware,USA
Favorite South Park Character: *too many* But I like Kenny,Kyle,Cartman,Butters,Satan,& Damien.
Beeb

Postby Beeb » Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:33 am

DevilAngel16 wrote:God only knows what they have planned for next week's episode, since it airs on April Fool's Day.

I would bet that God doesn't know what they have planned. See God gave Man free-will, something he maybe wishes he could take back, but in doing so, God can't control what Man does. Unless you mean God = The Creators of South Park, and then I would venture to bet that even they don't know what is planned either, for it is too early in the week right now.
"APRIL FOOLS! APRIL FOOLS! APRIL FOOLS!"
Eric the Canadian

Postby Eric the Canadian » Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:14 am

its funny how the adults are so much more stupid than the kids in like every episode, haha

then again the kids do some dumb things too... like eating Kenny, ha
Pip Tweek

Postby Pip Tweek » Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:16 am

I loved this one. Best of the season so far and probably will remain so until at least the end of this run. I think everybody mentioned all the parts I thought were great, but there was something I found a LOT funnier than I should have that I wanted to point out;

The last supper scene where Kyle looks directly at Cartman and says "Whoever it MAY BE that's going to betray me...." that was great, but Jimmy's reaction to Kyle's plan is what killed me; when he stutters on the f-word and it's censored.

"Kyle, please, for f-fuh fuh, for f-f*BBEP*'s sake....."

That had me laughing until I cried. I know it shouldn't have; it was a throwaway joke they could have used in any episode, but it apparently got to me better than most of the other jokes (the chicken was a close second.)

Great ep, congrats to the entire team - keep up the good work! :D

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”