*1303: Margaritaville* Post-Episode Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Big-Will
Board Moderator

Re: *1303: Margaritaville* Post-Episode Discussion

Postby Big-Will » Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:00 pm

darthknapik wrote:y cant i watch da first 2 episods of da new seson????
:assface:

Contractual obligations. Please take note of when they return to the site.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Biscuits

Postby Biscuits » Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:15 pm

My favorite part was Jimmy's line. "Kahl, please. F-for ff ff-f*cks sake! Don't do anything drastic". :lol:
BigCamera4892

Postby BigCamera4892 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:09 pm

I have read many posts dealing with "ripping stories out of the Bible" or "Kyle as the Jew", or the "Last Supper" in the pizza place, but I don't recall anyone noting the close proximity of this episode to Easter on April 12 this year?

Next week is April Fools, and only MnT know what's planned for the weeks to come, including Easter week. But as SP has no new episodes airing during Christmastime anymore, could this ep. 1303 also be their Easter show for the year? I only comment because in 10 pages of this thread, I don't recall anyone remarking on the proximity to Easter.

-BC
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:49 pm

That's 'cause it's not that close to Easter. Maybe if it had aired on April 8...

Still, the Jesus/Kyle parallels are close enough.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
BigCamera4892

Postby BigCamera4892 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:54 pm

Big-Will wrote:That's 'cause it's not that close to Easter. Maybe if it had aired on April 8...

Still, the Jesus/Kyle parallels are close enough.

Yeah, I guess with many people preparing their homes now for Easter (or Passover), with the cleaning, cooking, etc., and even some BBS members (I can only think of one right now - ned15 - gave up this BBS temporarily for lent), it just seemed close to me. But still, Easter is 16 days away; 2 weeks; close enough :)
Kobb

Postby Kobb » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:06 pm

I could actually go for a Terrance and Phillip April Fool's episode.
Pip Tweek

Postby Pip Tweek » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:32 pm

Biscuits wrote:My favorite part was Jimmy's line. "Kahl, please. F-for ff ff-f*cks sake! Don't do anything drastic". :lol:

Yeah, for some reason the combination of his stuttering on a swear only to have it beeped out anyway was what I found so hilarious. It wouldn't have been nearly as funny to me if it wasn't censored.

Why I found this the funniest part of the whole episode when there were so many more cerebral jokes in there I have no idea. :shock: ..must have been the timing.
butters kenny

Postby butters kenny » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:53 pm

If find all of the censors to be funny for some reason
I Wasn't choking you I was just hugging your neck

R.I.P Chef for realz this time

( chef joined the sith so why don't you?)

R.I.P Billy Bonka
erjolog

Postby erjolog » Fri Mar 27, 2009 11:17 pm

Yeah! I like programs based on true things :mrgreen: . It was funny how Randy represented the people who say they shouldn´t spend and how Kyle represented the people who say we must trust the economy^^. And I saw my "comrades" lamas :lol: , but never think we ride them in Perú, because we don´t. It was really funny , specially the dialogues of all these bankers, and economists :mrgreen: .
So I´ll be seeing you in a week, because I´ll make a trip to Adelboden, Switzerland :mrgreen: . See ya.
Fav. character: Me(eric) Cartman!
2nd fav Character: Chef
3rd fav character: mexicans
saludos^^
Gemm83

Postby Gemm83 » Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:25 am

If I remember correctly, either Matt or Trey had an economist for a father (as mentioned on the commentary for Cartmanland). Part of the reason this episode was so funny was because they really understand what they are satirizing.

I admit, I was a little worried that they had too many balls up in the air, but they tied it together beautifully. I look forward to one-liner references in the future to Kyle's horrible debts.

Everything, and I mean everything, in this ep had me laughing out loud. Hard stomach laughs and I really appreciate South Park for that.

The intelligent humor behind the ecomomy down to the classic character lines like "Did someone say 'Catch a Jew?'" to the silliness of throwing squirrels and Jimmy's stutter-cursing.

For some reason, when the "They tuk er jerbs!" guys showed up I actually cheered. That says a lot about me, I guess, but I always love it when characters return sporadically. There's a good balance to having them show up enough for it to be special without them showing up where they don't belong (I think the goth kids are dangerously close to being overused, even though I love them).

I haven't agreed with people who say recent seasons are falling short. I've been really enjoying all of it, but I will say that this run of Season 13 seems to be above and beyond brilliance. Thanks for making Wednesdays suck a little less, guys!
KennyFan2008

Postby KennyFan2008 » Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:58 am

This episode really shocked me! I gave Margaritaville 9/10 like how they make fun of our econmey. I am surpise that they didn't show jesus or god in the show? What happen to cartman's video game? The end was funny because i could figure out that Obama was going to get the credit. Shock to see kenny with is hood? Also wouldn't be surpise if they do terence and phillp episode for Aprils fool. :tp:
:unhoodedkenny: :cartmansopissedrightnow:
bastardstepchild

Postby bastardstepchild » Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:33 am

This episode went right off the deep end and was funny as hell. I loved when they consulted the "chart," which seemed to be an all out mockery of our government in general. When they brandished the chicken and the kazoo, I nearly blew out a lung from laughing so hard.
s1D

Postby s1D » Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:50 am

Awsome episode!!

i waited for this one.
Amrryn

Postby Amrryn » Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:58 am

:D
Last edited by Amrryn on Fri Aug 05, 2016 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:45 pm

Kobb wrote:I could actually go for a Terrance and Phillip April Fool's episode.

:D Totally!

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”