*1303: Margaritaville* Post-Episode Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

wbrown9k

Re: *1303: Margaritaville* Post-Episode Discussion

Postby wbrown9k » Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:50 pm

Redneck wearing Nascar bed sheets!!!!!!! Haaaa
A SouthPark Orange

Postby A SouthPark Orange » Sat Mar 28, 2009 8:47 pm

ChOpPiNwEwEsIsNoTcOo wrote:
RejoiceItsSusan wrote:
ChOpPiNwEwEsIsNoTcOo wrote:-they had Kyle going EVERYWHERE trying to return the MARGARITAVILLE blender. also very funny.

That was Stan...

oh my God.
sorry. Stan. my bad. i'm a new southpark watcher, so i really can't tell them apart. lol.

Blasphemy, heresy! He did say Jehova!
*Throws the first squirrel*.

Anyway, I think the Kyle-Jesus parallel was well done, especially the scene in which he tries to prevent people from stoning (squirreling?) Mr. Garrison and paying the people's debts aka paying for their sins. The ripping on the Obama -enthusiasm (what animated Tv show does something like that nowadays?), the references to Life of Brian and the use of the "took 'er jerbs" rednecks have been great too.
All in all another great and funny episode. There hasn't been ONE disappointing episode in this season so far. If this winning streak continues it is going to be much better than season 12.
Pip: Besides, I hate french people.
danihell

Postby danihell » Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:16 pm

best episode ever made!! brilliant!
Beeb

Postby Beeb » Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:35 pm

DevilAngel16 wrote:Lol
Ha ha, made you laugh! I know! It was just the first post that let me say this: "APRIL FOOLS! APRIL FOOLS! APRIL FOOLS!"
Beeb

April 1st.

Postby Beeb » Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:50 pm

BRMBug wrote:
Kobb wrote:I could actually go for a Terrance and Phillip April Fool's episode.

:D Totally!
What made that one special is that it was after the Season-ending-cliff-hanger episode about who was Cartman's dad. M&T never intended to answer that episode and threw the April Fool's joke at us instead. There may never be a good setup like that one. So, if they did fool us, I doubt it will be with T&P. Something else...hopefully, is up their sleeve. It could play off this last ep or be entirely different/surprising. I think the fans are mature enough to really enjoy an April Fool's joke this year... so I repeat: "APRIL FOOLS! APRIL FOOLS! APRIL FOOLS!"
Kwyjibo

Postby Kwyjibo » Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:33 am

This episode was fantastic. Brilliant, simply brilliant. In fact season 13 has already been much better season 12. We're slowly getting back to season 11 quality as every episode so far has been a winner in my book. Anyway I usually enjoy political episodes like this just because I enjoy seeing what Matt and Trey have to say about it. Occasionally they overdue it but luckily this one was right on the money. And Kyle's sermon on the mount made a scary amount of sense.

Another thing I loved about the episode was it was just plain hilarious! So many great moments from the bank guy at the beginning, the family eating hot dogs and tomatoes, Cartman only being heard and not seen, Garrison getting attacked by squirrels, the last supper pizza scene, and of course the chicken and the wheel. Funniest thing I've seen in a while. And of course the ending. Poor Kyle. I also enjoyed Stan's whole subplot and the pay off with him just destroying the Margaritaville and giving up. He never seems to get a break does he? Doesn't help that he has a moron for a dad.

Anyway this season 13 has been off to a great start. Let's hope they keep it up.
Whmmm!

Postby Whmmm! » Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:29 am

I'm amazed it's taken them so long to go and do an episode like this. Not the best of season 13 but it's still great.
You know Jews are people too! Smaller, more insignificant people.
Trebor37

Postby Trebor37 » Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:45 am

Great season so far.

Anything with a decent dose of Randy is gold!
JhuX

Postby JhuX » Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:24 am

Loved this episode, I always watch every episode, but this one finally felt like a more "classic" South Park episode, not just being a parody of a movie (although they are funny, I enjoyed this episode the best so far this season).
Favorite parts of the episode would have to be the beginning where Stan invests the $100, "and it's gone..." "It didn't do so well" lol.

Then the religion similarities with the economy and God/Jesus were great. "He wouldn't just have one son, are you retarded" haha.

Then my all time favorite scene (which I have watched about 100 times now), was Stan trying to return the Margaritaville and finally getting to the Treasury Dept. and the Headless Chicken dancing on the board haha, the little song the guy played made it so much more amazing.

Then Of Course "the person we have to thank every day for this is Barrack Obama" haha.

Great Episode, Please keep up with these style of episodes instead of just parody's! :D
Jake, M'kay?

Postby Jake, M'kay? » Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:00 am

Great episode. :D
Just wish Cartmans plot (or whatever) wouldve gone somewhere. :/
8/10
"If a tree falls in the forest and there's no one there to hear it, my illegal logging business succeeds ."

"I have only two modes, at war with something, or having sex with it. There is no middle ground"
jstnearthling

Postby jstnearthling » Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:50 am

Man! I love these guys!! will they never be funny or will funny stick to 'em like a bone..get it? A funny bone??? yuk yuk yuk!
Save us Randy. ..Yea verily thou I walk through the valley of dept, I shall hear no cash register, I shall fear no dealers,
I love the jesus aspect, too funny and guess who might betray Kyle as if Kyle doesn't know...hahahahaha
Where do you come up with these ideas guys? I just couldn't imagine walking around all day with this stuff in my head. I'dbe downtown or something and begin to laugh out loud hearing what I was thinking....hahahaha
kpallist

Postby kpallist » Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:31 pm

I do love SP: This episode was good but I find fault as well: as usual Matt and Trey deliver on the slick, cultural pop jokes and this one may even hold up as relevant over time. Kyle returning as a main character who attempts to bring a rational perspective to an insane world was refreshing.

But there was more unsatisfying about the show than was great. It characterized the state of the nation's financial and government institutions during the economic crisis as people gone crazy and that's about it. We're left with a dead end: no one really knows whats going on, if you want to blame someone, throw a rock in the air you'll hit someone guilty. You'll get no answers from South Park and shouldn't expect any.

As usual, they take the questionable stance of claiming that the media's uncritical adoration of Obama is a reality. Is this partisan? Why didn't they do the same when the Bush Administration was in power (or did I miss an episode)?
Obviously they don't read the same articles or watch the same news programs as I do.

The usual bad guys are brought out: religious fundamentalists, small town groupthink, bad parents, rednecks, various opportunists and the government.

The problem is we are genuinely in trouble in this country and there's not too much to joke about in reality. This could have been a great chance to skewer the stupity and greed of folks at the big firms and the regulating agencies that looked the other way: AIG, Goldman Sachs, Paulson and Bernanke, the SEC and the OTS - where were they? I could use a good laugh about them, and if South Park decided to go after them, I'm sure they'd do it right. Obvious targets, yes, but the episode's clear avoidance of them was glaring.

I did like that both Randy and in the end Kyle were wrong: Kyle's debt payment for others sent the idiot adults out to incur more debt. That's certainly nothing to feel heroic about.

The last supper scene is priceless and you can't beat the voodoo economics scene with Stan at the Treasury. Turning Kyle into a Jesus figure and Cartman into a Judas figure is classic genius South Park.

For a temporary distraction from reality, this would be the show to watch.

One of the better articles that does service to uncovering some of the unsung villians in the meltdown is here... http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/st ... takeover/5
Cartman's_bitch 1

Postby Cartman's_bitch 1 » Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:42 pm

But there was more unsatisfying about the show than was great. It characterized the state of the nation's financial and government institutions during the economic crisis as people gone crazy and that's about it. We're left with a dead end: no one really knows whats going on, if you want to blame someone, throw a rock in the air you'll hit someone guilty. You'll get no answers from South Park and shouldn't expect any.
Well, this is a cartoon, you know. :roll:
As usual, they take the questionable stance of claiming that the media's uncritical adoration of Obama is a reality. Is this partisan? Why didn't they do the same when the Bush Administration was in power (or did I miss an episode)?
Because everyone hates bush. I do too. Besides, this joke was better because Obama is considered an inspiration: the joke becomes more edgy.
The problem is we are genuinely in trouble in this country and there's not too much to joke about in reality. This could have been a great chance to skewer the stupity and greed of folks at the big firms and the regulating agencies that looked the other way: AIG, Goldman Sachs, Paulson and Bernanke, the SEC and the OTS - where were they? I could use a good laugh about them, and if South Park decided to go after them, I'm sure they'd do it right. Obvious targets, yes, but the episode's clear avoidance of them was glaring.
Well dude, they only have 30 minutes. they can't cover everything. Give them a break.
I did like that both Randy and in the end Kyle were wrong: Kyle's debt payment for others sent the idiot adults out to incur more debt. That's certainly nothing to feel heroic about.
I don't remember that happening. :?
I...AM...GOD!!!-
The most truthful cartman quote.
Obama_Christo

Postby Obama_Christo » Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:51 pm

:lol: Kyle of Nazareth, awesome...
steveehermann

Postby steveehermann » Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:57 pm

I was so pleased and proud with new episode, "Margartitaville." The last season didn't really do anything for me. The show seemed tired and listless. That's to be expected, and I have been pins and needles waiting for something fresh, sharp, original and with the times. Congrats South Park Team! It was great to see you return to full form, at least for the last episode! :wink:

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”