*1305: Fishsticks* Pre-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

GlittersBlings

Re: *1305: Fishsticks* Pre-Air Discussion

Postby GlittersBlings » Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:43 am

Pegazeus wrote:I guess the guy in the preview picture is Kanye West. How the f*ck will he fit into this?

Maybe make fun of his music or something.
RideTheLightning

Postby RideTheLightning » Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:43 am

I don't know what to make of this... it seems like it'll be funny, and it seems like it'll have a lot of the kids, but at the same time I see... Kanye West? Please for the love of god don't be a parody episode.

I'm assuming the joke will be really unfunny, or maybe it'll be some really offensive thing, or it'll be revealed at the very end with Jimmy starting it out but then he can't finish because of his stuttering problem.

I'm gonna have to watch Matt and Trey's appearances on The Jimmy Kimmel Show on Youtube again, maybe they'll be some references or hints or something.

I'm generally excited for this one too.

Postby 203177 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:44 am

I hope this episode is good. it should be better than the last one.
My favorite sp characters: Bridon(he's so cute!)
Kyle,Stan, Kenny/Mysterion.

Fave ep: ESM Season 12,Sec fave: Butterballs Season 16
butters kenny

Postby butters kenny » Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:46 am

RTL: Thats what i said-Unfunny or Unsaid
I Wasn't choking you I was just hugging your neck

R.I.P Chef for realz this time

( chef joined the sith so why don't you?)

R.I.P Billy Bonka
RideTheLightning

Postby RideTheLightning » Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:52 am

Alright I'm thinking they're going to be on Jimmy Kimmel and Kanye West is just going to make an appearance and try to sing without autotune and mess up like he did on SNL.

As for the joke, I'm still stumped.

My only hope for this episode is it takes place mostly in South Park and has a lot of the kids, Mr Garrison, Mr Slave, Mr Mackey, etc. and I hope to see the kids actually talk with eachother and be themselves and get into trouble and all that jazz. I'm actually getting really excited for this one.

Oh and I'm thinking Fishsticks has something to do with the joke.
butters kenny

Postby butters kenny » Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:55 am

I think that too.

R.I.P Billy Bonka
GlittersBlings

Postby GlittersBlings » Mon Apr 06, 2009 2:56 am

I just hope this episode would be a classic.
kylestanfan

Postby kylestanfan » Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:01 am

Um...this is maybe the shortest episode synopsis I've ever seen.

And I'm not all that enthusiastic about any joke involving Jimmy and/or Cartman.

We'll see...
This is really something witty. I promise. If you don't get it, you are an idiot :D

Hamsters.
Ogsean

Postby Ogsean » Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:04 am

The Funniest Joke ever? It sounds similar to a Monty Python sketch. And in it we never heard the joke.
Pip Tweek

Postby Pip Tweek » Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:11 am

This could be a great one. My favorite side of Cartman is his joking side and I like Jimmy most of the time.

Ogsean wrote:The Funniest Joke ever? It sounds similar to a Monty Python sketch. And in it we never heard the joke.

I thought I remembered something along those lines; the joke was used as a weapon IIRC.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:16 am

"Two fishsticks walk into a bra..."?

The clip and the pics are kinda confusing. I really don't know what to think about this one.
Diabeteth

Postby Diabeteth » Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:16 am

We won't find out the joke. They can't tell us what the joke is, can they? Because someone watching won't think it is funny, even if everyone else does, right? Or, they might tell us what the joke is, and it won't be funny at all. Just stupid or something.

Hm. On the one hand, this could turn out to be a good episode, but on the other... well, we don't have a lot of information about it. I don't really like Jimmy too much. I hope that Stan plays a bigger part than just this little bit we see in the clip. Similarly, I hope Butters doesn't play much more of a part than what is in this clip, heh.

And as for the possibility of imitating the funniest joke in the world, as seen in Monty Python... well, don't expect Kenny to die. He may die again this season, he may not, but I seem to recall him dying of laughter already in the scott tenorman episode. Repeat kills usually are more like getting shot or getting run over by a car.
Give a man a match, and he'll be warm for an hour. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
butters kenny

Postby butters kenny » Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:18 am

BRMBug wrote:"Two fishsticks walk into a bra..."?

The clip and the pics are kinda confusing. I really don't know what to think about this one.

Maybe cartman wants to be on T.V and hears that the T.V show is doing a segment on jokes so he gets Jimmy to right a good one for him.

R.I.P Billy Bonka
A SouthPark Orange

Postby A SouthPark Orange » Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:21 am

I agree with the people who said that they wished that Stan and Kyle would speak to each other more: last week's episode was a bit weaker, but so far the season has been fairly good, only lacking a bit in terms of character development.

BigCamera4892 wrote:The clip seems to infer that the episode is similar to earlier seasons; the boys being the boys opposed to taking on politics.

Glad to see Jimmy getting featured this time 8)

Same with me. It looks like a kids-episode and I kinda missed the old Timmy&Jimmy episodes, but Jimmy and Cartman is fine too: it's a pairing we haven't had yet, as far as I can remember. The preview looks like this one might turn out good.
Pip: Besides, I hate french people.
DevilAngel16

Postby DevilAngel16 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:54 am

Kelly MacCornmac wrote:Meh....I don't think this will turn out so hot.

I agree with you. I dunno, I'm personally not a big fan of Jimmy. He annoys me.

And (not that this has anything to do with this upcoming episode, but) I also agree with everyone who said that they would like to see more Stan and Kyle interaction. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the last big best friends-type episode they had was Guitar Queer-o and that was way back in season eleven.

I miss their adorable best friend moments. (Like in Follow that Egg, one of my favs.)

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”