*1305: Fishsticks* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

MrBreakstown

Re: *1305: Fishsticks* Post-Air Discussion

Postby MrBreakstown » Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:28 am

Another truely horrible epsiode. This show has truely run out of ideas, and with the execption of a decent episode this season has been a total bust.

First the joke, not clever, not funny, nothing anyone past middle school should laugh at. Stick means dick, oh how funny, how hillarious. Please. Maybe if the self proclaimed "funiest joke ever" was not shown on screen (as evidenced in the Coon episode the writers are not above such a copout) maybe this would have worked, but such a lame joke does not work. It instantly falls flat, Kanye trying to figure out the joke would be way more clever if it was a funny joke woth getting, but sadly it is not.

Kanye West as a target falls flat. His last album came out at least 5 months ago, and hasnt really been in the news for quite sometimes so a message episode about him feels dated. Celebrity targets are always hit and miss on South Park, sometimes it works (A good example being the black celebrities moving into South Park). But often it runs way off the rails. Kanye was not as horrible as the sh*tty Britney Spears episode or the even worse handling of the Micheal Richards situation (though they did have Jesse Jackson characterized correctly in that ep), but the character was unfunny and flat.

The allegory between him and cartman could have been interesting, and we were not beaten over the head with it, though it did not work for me. The two characters were similar, but thats all that was pointed out in the episode, and nothing really came from it other than repetition of the stupid fish joke and how great it is supposed to be.

Jimmy is always a bad character, he stutters, he is on crutches, boring and not needed, but he is one of the characters Matt and Trey are currently in love with, but I wish he goes the way of Ned.

The stuff i liked in the episode was the Jewbots, though Cartmans jew hating is really kind of tired (i though the joke in the bathroom was boring, jewbots was way more inventive). Beating up Mencia was my favorite part of the episode. He is talentless and was needed this type of treatment, and his violent death was kind of amusing, especially at the hands of a serial sampler like West. The "i dont have a dick" stuff as well as his over the top mexican manerisms was another example of the writers relying too much on a single joke. Though i did not like the song and thought the underwater sequence did go on too long i did chuckle at him using autotune in a faithful parody song.

This episode was really bad, I would say slightly better than last weeks episode, still bad, but same rating as last week. Only one decent episode this season, I wish the creators realize that one not jokes and storylines that are not well thought out will only help the decline of this show. I saw someone say this was easily one of the best episodes from the show, i would like to know if someone like that has ever seen episodes from before this season?

3/10
PhilipSerbia

Postby PhilipSerbia » Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:34 am

This episode was quite good. 8/10. I really liked the ending of this episode, the song is just perfect...
SajiNoKami

Postby SajiNoKami » Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:48 am

MrBreakstown wrote:Another truely horrible epsiode. This show has truely run out of ideas, and with the execption of a decent episode this season has been a total bust.

This episode was really bad, I would say slightly better than last weeks episode, still bad, but same rating as last week. Only one decent episode this season, I wish the creators realize that one not jokes and storylines that are not well thought out will only help the decline of this show. I saw someone say this was easily one of the best episodes from the show, i would like to know if someone like that has ever seen episodes from before this season?

3/10

I am just curious:
What is your favorite episode?
http://sajinokami.com/

formally sage_emerald
angelp2004

Postby angelp2004 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:08 am

SCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORE!!!! So funny! Cartman is still that fat little bastard we love to hate, and his recollections are hilarious!!! esp. the dragon! Kanye is my boi, but they took care of his ass in this episode. Loved the ending; and poor Carlos Mencia... LMAO!!! The decapitation was totally unexpected. I was just :cry: and :lol: at the same time!! I loved it!
stevohill

Postby stevohill » Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:25 am

Am I the only one that caught the part where Kanye kicks down the door and Cartman said "oh sh*t, Puff Daddy!"

I was literally on the floor.

Wasn't my most favorite episode ever, but I've never watched an episode and felt like it was a waste of time. They always find a way to make me laugh.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:37 am

stevohill wrote:Am I the only one that caught the part where Kanye kicks down the door and Cartman said "oh sh*t, Puff Daddy!"

I was literally on the floor.

Yeah, that caught me off guard too. :lol: I just forgot to mention it.

By the way, is it at all ironic that I was eating corn chips while this episode was playing? (I swear to god!) Let us also not forget that I am super-awesome-cool, and not even a bit fat at all. :mrgreen:
RikkuSWiRLS

Postby RikkuSWiRLS » Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:43 am

Pretty good. I liked it better than last week's.

This season I've actually been watching the new episodes every Wednesday; usually I just wait until the seasons come out on DVD.

I'm going to make my roommate watch this episode. She's like obsessed with Kanye West, Chris Brown, ect.
Obama_Christo

Postby Obama_Christo » Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:32 am

Poor Carlos.....hehe
vsug

Postby vsug » Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:44 am

The episode was like the thing was
La Internacional, con una colección de Carteles Republicanos de la Guerra Civil Española
{calculated in this time slot} on the road to the dogs neo-valahalla but easier on the eyes because its primetime now has anti-cats here and OI OI OI you remember the thrush sings sorts of things its not the fuddruckers going back into the anti-fishsticks but the other way around and robots burn now about crazies on unholy ground sanctified. To the effects of transcranial magnetic stimulation of the yoga like field sobriety tests now denied us plead Charity, justice to beg, so sweet the song could it be the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traals protrusion into our universe is the passion Servants of a great business Always faithful to the oration Vomiting. Fishsticks thus corrupting Deep Thought’s plan to discover the Ultimate [gag] Question? On all late night anti-channels those who rule over us could it be now say still my heart. What ever the reason of cause, vouch safe give up trying to loathe the neo-cliches less the URL's & list cant be [a-] moralized, a Tragedy of the Commons [genetics] ought [not] to be uninhabited.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:55 am

Happy pants are to tickle my fish paste?

I think someone's been looking at Engrish a little too much.
marioR

Postby marioR » Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:08 am

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEST EPISODE OF THIS SEASON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SkyValleySpaceCadet

Postby SkyValleySpaceCadet » Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:42 am

Awsome episode, as good as the one with the homosexual Jonas Brothers. Maybe even better.

Highlights: Kanye breaking down the joke, The mexican comedian saying he has no dick and has to pee in a plastic bag, the first joke of Jimmy (why does a squirrel swim on his back? to keep his nuts dry! XD), and an awsome ending of course.
SkyValleySpaceCadet

Postby SkyValleySpaceCadet » Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:46 am

MrBreakstown wrote:Another truely horrible epsiode. This show has truely run out of ideas, and with the execption of a decent episode this season has been a total bust.

First the joke, not clever, not funny, nothing anyone past middle school should laugh at. Stick means dick, oh how funny, how hillarious. Please. Maybe if the self proclaimed "funiest joke ever" was not shown on screen (as evidenced in the Coon episode the writers are not above such a copout) maybe this would have worked, but such a lame joke does not work. It instantly falls flat, Kanye trying to figure out the joke would be way more clever if it was a funny joke woth getting, but sadly it is not.

Kanye West as a target falls flat. His last album came out at least 5 months ago, and hasnt really been in the news for quite sometimes so a message episode about him feels dated. Celebrity targets are always hit and miss on South Park, sometimes it works (A good example being the black celebrities moving into South Park). But often it runs way off the rails. Kanye was not as horrible as the sh*tty Britney Spears episode or the even worse handling of the Micheal Richards situation (though they did have Jesse Jackson characterized correctly in that ep), but the character was unfunny and flat.

The allegory between him and cartman could have been interesting, and we were not beaten over the head with it, though it did not work for me. The two characters were similar, but thats all that was pointed out in the episode, and nothing really came from it other than repetition of the stupid fish joke and how great it is supposed to be.

Jimmy is always a bad character, he stutters, he is on crutches, boring and not needed, but he is one of the characters Matt and Trey are currently in love with, but I wish he goes the way of Ned.

The stuff i liked in the episode was the Jewbots, though Cartmans jew hating is really kind of tired (i though the joke in the bathroom was boring, jewbots was way more inventive). Beating up Mencia was my favorite part of the episode. He is talentless and was needed this type of treatment, and his violent death was kind of amusing, especially at the hands of a serial sampler like West. The "i dont have a dick" stuff as well as his over the top mexican manerisms was another example of the writers relying too much on a single joke. Though i did not like the song and thought the underwater sequence did go on too long i did chuckle at him using autotune in a faithful parody song.

3/10

Who gives a f*ck about what you think guy. :santa:

You don't even get the joke buddy? Stick doesn't mean dick friend!
BasV

Postby BasV » Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:55 am

Wow, this episode was truly genius, one of the best of all time! It was really funny! Especially eric's changing flashbacks :D
pricey

Postby pricey » Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:57 am

i enjoyed it. i hope kanye west gets angry about it.

8.5/10

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”