*1305: Fishsticks* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Kristaps

Re: *1305: Fishsticks* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Kristaps » Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:01 pm

It is a very good episode. Probably the funniest one this season! The whole episode contains many kinds of humor and is very nicely made. Good job. Toilet humor granny was wrong.
bsullivan01

Postby bsullivan01 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:31 pm

haha i hate kanye, best ending ever... hahaha
RemedyLive30

Postby RemedyLive30 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:49 pm

Although I do love both The Ring and Fishstick episodes, I think we should stop this season with the music artists parodies! If the writers decide to make more episodes based on this, it would seem that they are cramming Season 13 and focusing too much on one specific topic.We should save the ridicule and embarrassment on pop icons for perhaps Season 14 instead? :P
Phase 1 = Collect underpants
Phase 2 = ………
Phase 3 = Profit
A SouthPark Orange

Postby A SouthPark Orange » Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:05 pm

Nah...not my favourite. First the positive: I liked the Jimmy&Cartman-interaction and I'm glad that Carlos Mencia finally got what was coming to him. The few insights in Cartman's mind were good too - kinda reminded me of a scene in the Helen Keller-episode and Cartman's teaparty in Cartman's Mom is a dirty slut. I didn't see the ending coming: I expected something like a real gay fish crawling out of Kanye's body like the crab people out of the "Queer eye for the straight guy" - guys. Beside that, I thought Craig's lines were pretty funny and I have to agree with him: Cartman is unteachable and it's somewhat surprising that Cartman didn't try to take full credit for the joke.

The problem with this episode is that it just wasn't that funny. Normally, if you don't know a celebrity that like Kanye West (sorry, never heard of that guy) is lampooned on South Park, it can still be funny, but for some reason, his part of the story just didn't do it for me. Also, Cartman's flashbacks weren't that funny - just like the "funniest joke". All in all the weakest episode of this season so far. But it doesn't matter: the others have been good, great or at least decent.

Btw, we all know which effects the real "funniest joke in the world" would have: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gpjk_MaCGM
Last edited by A SouthPark Orange on Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:28 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Pip: Besides, I hate french people.
electoraljew2

Postby electoraljew2 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:11 pm

It must have been good, cause I'm watching it a second time now.
BigCamera4892

Postby BigCamera4892 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:27 pm

Well, without repeating things already posted in these 8 pages so far:

The representation of the Santa Monica Pier was right on. The actual restaurant (one of my favorites) of Bubba Gump Shrimp Company is shown on screen left and the new ferris wheel is on screen right :) (Of course, for SP, they changed the name of the restaurant to: Santa Monica Shrimp Co., Seafood & Bar) :lol:

And I liked the nice touch of an audience member of Conan's show wearing an LA Dodgers cap. After all these years of taping in New York, (rare to find an LA cap in a NY audience), Conan is moving to LA this fall. So when this episode of "Fishsticks" repeats for years and years to come on TV, DVD, and on Netflix, on this web site, etc., no one will think anything then about an LA hat on a Conan audience member. 8)
intentional or not

Postby intentional or not » Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:47 pm

This is the worst episode of South Park evar!!! In my 11 years on this earth, I've seen some bad things, but this certainly tops the cake!

First and foremost, I'm tired of them taking on musical acts this season. I mean, sure they took on Streisand in Mecha-Streisand, and sure they made fun of boybands in FingerBang, but it's totally worse now. I mean, that Britney episode last season was horrible, the way they portrayed the media as the bad guys in the whole ordeal and said something about the situation that no one else was saying and perhaps made the most bitingly satirical episode of their careers - it totally sucked because it didn't have fart jokes!

And speaking of fart jokes, how horrible was the queef episode? Terrance & Phillip are just horrible, the way they give us a break from the characters we see all the time and how they always have interesting stuff going on with them. But they suck because I don't get to see my favorite character - you know, the character I love and assume you do too!

I really think SP's losing its touch. It hasn't been funny since Cartman Gets An Anal Probe. M&T should probably just go hang themselves, they're so useless to me now. I swear, if SP lets me down twenty more times, I'm going to consider not even watching it anymore. It's going that way of that show that shall not be named, even though that comparison doesn't really make sense.

Obviously, I'm taking this super seriously because cartoons are serious business.
Epicness

Postby Epicness » Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:11 pm

I don't understand why people are saying this episode was bad beause they made fun of a singer. If you haven't noticed the show has to make fun of something and really it doesn't matter if they only make fun of singers as long as they make it funny. Also calling this episode the worst of the season doesn't make much sense after seeing an episode entirely about farting and queefing.
MissaKeely

Postby MissaKeely » Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:21 pm

that episode was hilarious! i liked the joke too =P. my bro was like kanye west for half the show tho. he was like, "I don't get it! I like fishsticks! But I KNOW I'M NOT A GAY FISH!" lol.

I loved the ego moments.

and the ending was kick-ass.
MissaKeely

Postby MissaKeely » Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:28 pm

intentional or not wrote:This is the worst episode of South Park evar!!! In my 11 years on this earth, I've seen some bad things, but this certainly tops the cake!

First and foremost, I'm tired of them taking on musical acts this season. I mean, sure they took on Streisand in Mecha-Streisand, and sure they made fun of boybands in FingerBang, but it's totally worse now. I mean, that Britney episode last season was horrible, the way they portrayed the media as the bad guys in the whole ordeal and said something about the situation that no one else was saying and perhaps made the most bitingly satirical episode of their careers - it totally sucked because it didn't have fart jokes!

And speaking of fart jokes, how horrible was the queef episode? Terrance & Phillip are just horrible, the way they give us a break from the characters we see all the time and how they always have interesting stuff going on with them. But they suck because I don't get to see my favorite character - you know, the character I love and assume you do too!

I really think SP's losing its touch. It hasn't been funny since Cartman Gets An Anal Probe. M&T should probably just go hang themselves, they're so useless to me now. I swear, if SP lets me down twenty more times, I'm going to consider not even watching it anymore. It's going that way of that show that shall not be named, even though that comparison doesn't really make sense.

Obviously, I'm taking this super seriously because cartoons are serious business.

of course YOU thought it sucked! ur 11. ur younger than SP. u WANTED fart jokes. I mean, come on, don't you think Matt and Trey are a bit exhausted from farts [and queefs]? and if ur 11 and u want matt and trey to hang themselves because they're useless to YOU, you're pretty damn selfish and you have a pretty sick mind, kid.
and SP isnt about farts. It's about making you laugh by making fun of things, awesome jokes, well-plotted storylines, and references to present history. Terrace and Phillip are about farts.
Pip Tweek

Postby Pip Tweek » Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:41 pm

intentional or not wrote:This is the worst episode of South Park evar!!! In my 11 years on this earth, I've seen some bad things, but this certainly tops the cake!

You're eleven years old?? :shock:

This episode had its moments. I liked the gay fish song at the end with the crappy autotune. I don't really know who Kanye is - I don't listen to pop music.

I hated seeing Jimmy getting walked all over by Cartman though. :(
Chevontez

Postby Chevontez » Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:45 pm

That episode was so funny. I was giggling even during the commercial breaks thinking of the fish dicks joke
ScottMalkinson4

Postby ScottMalkinson4 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:47 pm

Noob here - first post ever. I liked this episode maybe the best of the season so far.
Things I liked:
Jimmy
The escalation of Cartman's dimentia as he "remembers" how it happened
Craig's advice to Jimmy
"puff Daddy"
Garrison telling the joke to Mackey
Cartman's hair on Ellen
Butters being a spaz

Things that weren't great:
Kanye and Mencia were kind of filler to me (I am old and don't know that much about either of these gentlemen)
Stan and Kenny MIA
Thats about it. I think maybe 8.5 - 9 out of 10.

I like the episodes where its mostly the kids being the kids.
Last edited by ScottMalkinson4 on Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
heather84clear

Postby heather84clear » Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:56 pm

Great episode...It was refreshing to see something important point out that Carlos Mencia is a hack...instead of just Joe Rogan.

As a comic I've watched Carlos Mencis rip off Bill Cosby and Louie CK...

But as always Matt Stone and Trey Parker and the whole Southpark crew....have brought us 20 minutes of pure genius.
heather84clear

Postby heather84clear » Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:02 pm

MissaKeely wrote:

of course YOU thought it sucked! ur 11. ur younger than SP. u WANTED fart jokes. I mean, come on, don't you think Matt and Trey are a bit exhausted from farts [and queefs]? and if ur 11 and u want matt and trey to hang themselves because they're useless to YOU, you're pretty damn selfish and you have a pretty sick mind, kid.
and SP isnt about farts. It's about making you laugh by making fun of things, awesome jokes, well-plotted storylines, and references to present history. Terrace and Phillip are about farts.

I don't know about you folks...but I don't always watch Southpark just to laugh...sure its a funny show...but all the messages and charactor developments and social commentary....It really is a brilliant show...I can't say that I dislike an episode they have every made....and I'd totally do matt stone and trey parker...they are HOT!

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”