*1305: Fishsticks* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

jerrylambert

Re: *1305: Fishsticks* Post-Air Discussion

Postby jerrylambert » Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:44 pm

I'm wondering if the whole Cartman/Jimmy thing wasn't about Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak . You know the way Woz invented the Apple I while Jobs ate chips and then Jobs took all the credit. If not, you guys need to stick one to Apple after that whole SP app BS. I love that nutbag Jobs but he needs to pay. Also I am hoping the Disney thing was a direct threat to Apple/Pixar from SP.

Love how the entire message of this episode went unnoticed. 'Being gay is still funny' , especially if you are a fish.
luckyjoes923

Postby luckyjoes923 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:55 pm

if you haven't already read this you'll wanna.

How kanye feels about the episode

http://www.nme.com/news/nme/43981
Come on people now people now
Kwyjibo

Postby Kwyjibo » Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:00 am

Ha and just when I think Cartman can't become even more of a jerk. I feel sorry for poor Jimmy. Anyway this episode was hilarious. Definitely made up for the average one we got last week. West and Mencia have had this coming for a while and I'm surprised Matt and Trey are just getting to them now.

Cartman's inflated egos and his flashbacks about what he thinks happened were just fantastic. I also loved Craig's scene in the lunchroom. He's probably the most level-headed guy there. And of course the song at the end, amazing. Simply amazing. This run has just been kicking ass lately! Already blows season 12 out of the water. Let's hope they keep it up.
stonerootsrecording

Postby stonerootsrecording » Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:20 am

this is by far one of the greatest episodes of south park i have ever witnessed. its great to see a show like south park grow as the seasons continue. it is smazing to see the intellectual side mixed in with the raunchy humor. it never gets old for me. and cartman fighting jewbots as the flame??? f*cking classic. carlos mencia is a piece of sh*t and im glad him along with kanye both got a little taste of sp humor. respect to the creators and writers and the whole team. just when i think that south park cant possibly out-best itself, yal continue to bring the comedy. again thanks for everything yal do,,

ps: do you like fish sticks?

much love from all the staff here at stone roots recording studios
RejoiceItsSusan

Postby RejoiceItsSusan » Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:58 am

okay I think I understand why I didn't love this episode.

South Park used to be hailed as a show that was different and rebellious. That was because they would do weird things. Like have a kid farting fire or a guy from the future named Bill Cosby. Also, they'd more be making fun of the idea of a celebrity but not the actual person.
Now they try to do the same with just constantly making fun of pop culture. Which gets lame for me because I'm not really into pop culture.
Like they are doing the equivalent of like what TMZ does. They used to reject celebrities and stuff but now they are basically glorifying them.

I still love South Park. And I liked this episode too. But thats just why I didn't love it.
Mavie

Postby Mavie » Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:32 am

I just saw this on the magazine rack.
Kanye Waste completely deserved this episode. 100%

higherkyle

Postby higherkyle » Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:37 am

My dumb gayfish-assed self didnt even catch the damn joke at first....just call me Kanye :timmy:

Who did kanye's voice??
RideTheLightning

Postby RideTheLightning » Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:40 am

higherkyle wrote:My dumb gayfish-assed self didnt even catch the damn joke at first....just call me Kanye :timmy:

Who did kanye's voice??

Trey did, it's in the FAQ section.
Diabeteth

Postby Diabeteth » Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:26 am

Gemm83 wrote:You know, in a strange way, this episode could actually be applied to certain SP viewers. I've seen an awful lot of posts (not just for this week) where people see an episode that they don't get or didn't think was funny and they immediately bemoan the fact that SP isn't funny at all any more.

Has it occured to some of you that your single opinion of an ep isn't the signal for how the show is doing as a whole? I'm not saying you shouldn't voice if you liked an episode or hated it - in fact, I think that's exactly what should be done - but why is it always the end of the genius of the show if you didn't think something was funny? Just once I'd like to see someone say, "Well, I didn't think this was very funny, but maybe next week will be better." It's always an apocoliptic scenario.

Sometimes an ep can just be OK. I happened to think this one was OK+ But that's just me and I don't think my opinion of Fishsticks is a reflection of the worth of the season or the show as a whole.

Hey, I didn't like Eat, Pray, and Queef, but I didn't go apocalyptic and I noted that plenty of people did like it. I agree with you completely, though; some people just go insane whenever they don't like an episode. As I pointed out last week, we all have different things we find funny, so we aren't all going to be entertained every time. It's good to point out your opinions, but no need to completely despair every time you're disappointed. Seriously, I hope we sane people don't have to give lectures like yours every time a new episode airs.
Give a man a match, and he'll be warm for an hour. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
black_rose714

Postby black_rose714 » Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:35 am

Ok, this is pissing me off.
The big ego thing does not apply to Carlos Mencia. He knows exactly what he was doing, his ego did not make him think that he made the fishsticks joke.
The ego thing only applies to Kanye West and Cartman.
Got it?
By the way, I liked the episode, not the best but it was good.
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:41 am

Mavie wrote:I just saw this on the magazine rack.

I saw that a few weeks ago, and almost vomited my lungs up.
Diabeteth

Postby Diabeteth » Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:45 am

BRMBug wrote:I saw that a few weeks ago, and almost vomited my lungs up.

Go look at it again and this time you'll laugh until the milk comes out of your nose.
Give a man a match, and he'll be warm for an hour. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Pip Tweek

Postby Pip Tweek » Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:04 am

BRMBug wrote:
Mavie wrote:I just saw this on the magazine rack.

I saw that a few weeks ago, and almost vomited my lungs up.

Wow...I didn't think it was real at first. I guess the name 'complex' is unintentionally appropriate for the front cover. Jeebus, the most influential brand in the UNIVERSE?? If it weren't for SP making fun of him, I would never have heard of him before his star inevitably burns out.

Pop culture has made this dude into a god for WHAT exactly? :shock: :?: :?:
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:52 am

*snap* THAT'S WHAT IT IS!!! For some unknown reason, I have a subscription to Complex. I don't know where they got my name from, but my full name is on the address label. (I use my middle name as my first when subscribing to stuff)
dirkdigital

Postby dirkdigital » Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:44 am

This has got to be one of the best episodes of ALL TIME. Not only does Kanye West (voice of a generation and a musical genius) humps a grouper and Carlos Mencia is beaten to death with baseball bats, Jimmy tells Cartman to "S...S...Suck it Bitch!" Bravo.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”