*1306: Pinewood Derby* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Whmmm!

Re: *1306: Pinewood Derby* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Whmmm! » Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:24 am

Hm... just read the thread. Perhaps I should watch it again, my opinion may change. One person did point out the second half of the episode seemed very Crab people, I might have to agree with that. It doesn't appear a lot of thought went into this episode.

From the preview clips I assumed it would be a whole episode about the actual Pinewood Derby and Randy making much too big a deal of it. That's what's South Park are good at, taking something really simple and blowing it WAY out of proportion. I was hoping the episode would be more like, say Scott Tennorman. A really base idea without a lot to it but ends up being really funny. Perhaps they just couldn't come up with mini-car racing jokes and threw the aliens in there instead.
You know Jews are people too! Smaller, more insignificant people.
urgay

Postby urgay » Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:59 am

Randy should have said, "wait, Finland was going to tell you," instead of "well that sucks" at the end....

That Star Wars princess person Randy dressed up as was genius though, lol.

JAPAN, STOP BUILDING GIANT ROBOTS!
SajiNoKami

Postby SajiNoKami » Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:27 am

Whmmm! wrote:It doesn't appear a lot of thought went into this episode.

From the preview clips I assumed it would be a whole episode about the actual Pinewood Derby and Randy making much too big a deal of it. That's what's South Park are good at, taking something really simple and blowing it WAY out of proportion.

Really? It WAS a simple concept that went way out there. Not saying it was the best one, but that is what it was.

Now i am curious, will they tie in Earth Day, April 22, into next weeks.
http://sajinokami.com/

formally sage_emerald
AwwHamburgers

Postby AwwHamburgers » Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:42 am

haha I very much enjoyed this episode. Randy Marsh is just friggin hilarious to begin with, so his dramatic character ups the episode at the start. And it very much sosunds like something that Randy Marsh would f... up lol
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:33 am

Well... I don't feel like watching it again. It had a few giggles, but... meh.
applewords

Postby applewords » Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:40 am

Matt, Trey, welcome back. We missed you. I laughed. I genuinely laughed. Welcome back. We missed you.
world_domination

Postby world_domination » Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:59 am

Hey -- I'm new to these discussions, but I've been watching south park for years.

Guys, I just wanted to say... seriously? it's been so freaking long since I've just been able to sit back and enjoy a nice episode, void of toilet humor, politics, and plotlines. Just like the good ol' days, right?

but to those of you who watched this episode five or six times to try and 'understand the plot'... dude. Don't you see that that's the beauty of this episode? to just enjoy some yucks and watch south park for the fun of it? (as apposed to the preachy-message crap. I mean, it's fun and all, and there have been some amazing episodes with messages, but it's nice to take this route once in awhile)

This is exactly why people fell in love with the musical 'cats' when it was out on broadway. you know, that musical with the gaywad dancers in their fur and tights... the one without a plotline...? yeah. The thing is, people went to see that show so they could just relax in the theater and enjoy a show without having to worry about messages or following the plot. they just went to enjoy themselves.

so uh... hintedy hint hint.

Guys, I honestly don't mean to offend anybody on my first time replying. But can't you just appreciate a good, simple episode once in awhile without trying to analyze it for a plot and message? This show isn't going to be around forever, so just enjoy it while you can. I know I am.
Butterskicksass

Postby Butterskicksass » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:20 am

world_domination wrote:Hey -- I'm new to these discussions, but I've been watching south park for years.

Guys, I just wanted to say... seriously? it's been so freaking long since I've just been able to sit back and enjoy a nice episode, void of toilet humor, politics, and plotlines. Just like the good ol' days, right?

but to those of you who watched this episode five or six times to try and 'understand the plot'... dude. Don't you see that that's the beauty of this episode? to just enjoy some yucks and watch south park for the fun of it? (as apposed to the preachy-message crap. I mean, it's fun and all, and there have been some amazing episodes with messages, but it's nice to take this route once in awhile)

This is exactly why people fell in love with the musical 'cats' when it was out on broadway. you know, that musical with the gaywad dancers in their fur and tights... the one without a plotline...? yeah. The thing is, people went to see that show so they could just relax in the theater and enjoy a show without having to worry about messages or following the plot. they just went to enjoy themselves.

so uh... hintedy hint hint.

Guys, I honestly don't mean to offend anybody on my first time replying. But can't you just appreciate a good, simple episode once in awhile without trying to analyze it for a plot and message? This show isn't going to be around forever, so just enjoy it while you can. I know I am.

First... Welcome to the forum!!!! Glad to have ya! Second.... I am one of those that had to watch it a few times to understand it... It has been so long that I was able to watch South Park with out having to think about plots..... OMG, this episode had me laughing the second time I watched it for the simple fact that I didn't have to think about it!!! I was tired when I watched it air on TV and was trying to concentrate on the plot and found no humor in it except for bits and pieces..... (thanks to finals coming up) but I watched it today for like 5 times and accually enjoyed SOUTH PARK for what it used to be!! I didn't have to think about any plot line and ended up truly enjoyed the humor that made the show what it is... I know that I am just one voice, but to all the people that didn't like this episode, give it a chance without thinkin about it. IMO it goes back to the roots of the old SP!!!! Well.... I can't wait for the mid-season finale, I think that with all of season 13 being good.... I can't wait to see what M & T have up their sleeves for us next week!!!!
Do you like fishsticks? Then you must be a gay fish!
Favorite Character: Butters of course!
Favorite Episode: Fishsticks now... Was Fellowship of the rings.
A SouthPark Orange

Postby A SouthPark Orange » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:39 am

Mourkis wrote:Hi guys. I'm from Germany and lately discovered that you can watch all the episodes online, even the new ones *yeah*. Since then I'm looking forward for thursday every week (due to the time difference - is it the right word?).
But today... I've the same problem as Duncanvanerven. I can't watch any episode. Does anybody know why?

I don't know. It doesn't work for me neither and I'm from Austria. Maybe it's blocked now for people in german speaking countries, which would suck especially since the german version of South Park is basically unwatchable. Everybody I know watches the english original anyway. Does anybody know about this?

Mourkis wrote:And when I try to watch any other episode of the latest season then there's a message saing:
"Due to pre-existing Contractual Obligations, we cannot stream this episode until"

As somebody already said, that's normal.
Pip: Besides, I hate french people.
SajiNoKami

Postby SajiNoKami » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:13 am

A SouthPark Orange wrote:
Mourkis wrote:Hi guys. I'm from Germany and lately discovered that you can watch all the episodes online, even the new ones *yeah*. Since then I'm looking forward for thursday every week (due to the time difference - is it the right word?).
But today... I've the same problem as Duncanvanerven. I can't watch any episode. Does anybody know why?

I don't know. It doesn't work for me neither and I'm from Austria. Maybe it's blocked now for people in german speaking countries, which would suck especially since the german version of South Park is basically unwatchable. Everybody I know watches the english original anyway. Does anybody know about this?

from what I have heard, last year when they started this online streaming,
is MnT want the planet to watch it on here, but it might take some time before that happens... Copyright and distribution legalities need to be worked out first.

Don't quote me though, I'm just a funyun.
http://sajinokami.com/

formally sage_emerald
A SouthPark Orange

Postby A SouthPark Orange » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:23 am

SajiNoKami wrote:
A SouthPark Orange wrote:

from what I have heard, last year when they started this online streaming,
is MnT want the planet to watch it on here, but it might take some time before that happens... Copyright and distribution legalities need to be worked out first.

Don't quote me though, I'm just a funyun.

I know. I actually meant that I wasn't sure if this whole thing is just an error or if the german speaking countries are really banned now (because until yesterday the episodes have been perfectly available to us). But still thank you for answering this :D

What did we Austrians and Germans do to deserve this (except starting both of the world wars, of course)?

Edit: It works again? I am sooo happy.
Last edited by A SouthPark Orange on Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:23 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Pip: Besides, I hate french people.
felixb

Postby felixb » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:36 am

I'm from Belgium. One of the official languages here, is German, and I also can't watch any episode! No, serious, yesterday it worked perfectly, but today nothing works, not even the clips. I hope they fix the problem soon.

About the episode: Good storyline, but average jokes. Making it an average South Park episode to me.
Maultasche

Postby Maultasche » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:35 am

Servus everyone! Liked the new episode, didn't get me to laugh out loud but had this constant smile on my face the whole time. Randy ftw!

(Little offtopic)Strangely streaming doesn't work for me either since today, clips how ever do. Is there a generall prob with streaming or is it just affecting us european viewers?

Bye Maultasche
Peg

Postby Peg » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:48 am

felixb wrote:I'm from Belgium. One of the official languages here, is German, and I also can't watch any episode! No, serious, yesterday it worked perfectly, but today nothing works, not even the clips. I hope they fix the problem soon.

About the episode: Good storyline, but average jokes. Making it an average South Park episode to me.

Hii I'm also from Belgium. I checked it out.. And yes, you're right!! Thursday I watched Pinewood Derby, worked perfectly, but now.. It's just a black screen. x|
IT SUCKSS.. :evil: :cry: :(

Edit: Wtf it works again? O.o
Oh hi. So, how are you holding up? Because I'm a potato.
*slow clap*
Maultasche

Postby Maultasche » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:14 am

:mrgreen:

Streaming is back! Hurray! Time for celebrating and irresponsible drinking! ... nah just kiddin' i HAVE disciprine!

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”