*1308: Dead Celebrities* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Cartkicker24

Re: *1308: Dead Celebrities* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Cartkicker24 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:31 pm

Ferdinand wrote:This was probably the lamest, most point less episodes I have seen so far; I counld not even watch it till the end because my head started killing me. Serously, everyone likes pot, but I think you should slack a little and put a bit more efforts in choosing your topics, plots and social issues you want to expose. Sure, most people are dumb and easy to satisfy with "by the book" type of story line, you yourself made fun of it on numerous occasions. Well I think you can laugh at yourself now, Matt and Trey. The Koon, the Somalies... so far, this season has been a disgrace... You should fire a couple of writers and hire me and my friends instead.

You high?

Billy Mays :lol:

"I have a skin condition" :P

7/10
RideTheLightning

Postby RideTheLightning » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:45 pm

Icanolly30homeless wrote:I would rate it 2 out 5 stars.

The sex scene with Kyle's parents seemed unecessary, like they just threw it in there to shock the audience. I felt like they crammed a lot of random things into this episode just to fill it up. They have been doing that a lot this year lately.

They're making the new episodes super lame and dumbed down; overplaying and dragging the jokes out, adding things just for shock value. Maybe they're trying to get more ratings or gain a mainstream audience or something. I can only assume that Comedy Central is behind it, because I don't think that the creators would do this. Unless they are really tired of South Park after all these years. They probably don't have the same enthusiasm for it anymore and I don't blame them. But I wish they would have just ended the show before letting it get lame.

The episode was like they were trying too hard. I admit it was pretty funny, but it just wasn't South Park imo. It was more like watching an episode Family Guy.

Dude it's season 13, Matt and Trey are low on completely original episode ideas. That's inevitable, it happens to everyone who works on every show ever made. But the execution of the episodes from point A to B to C is still great, and that's something that never should change no matter how old the show is.
Last edited by RideTheLightning on Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
redblade7

Postby redblade7 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:16 pm

Good episode, nice to see the Michael Ja...Jefferson character one last time.

Incorrect use of the concept of purgatory though - purgatory is the Catholic view of a "temporary Hell" most people go through to purge their sins before going into Heaven and meeting God. Orthodox Christians believe in a similar "working your way out of Hell" system IIRC.
But purgatory has nothing to do with ghosts - that's not something Christianity usually deals with, some (non)denominations describe them as Satanic tricks rather than real beings, others (such as Catholicism) just tell you not to get involved.

My personal opinion/guess is that ghosts are people hiding from a Final Judgment due to attachment to (something on) Earth.
"Don't touch me! I've had my nuts broken, body poisoned, have been made love to in the ass by three dozen 40-year-old men—I just wanna go home and take a, a hot bath!" -Stuart McCormick
kfgg

Postby kfgg » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:27 pm

Lots of spoofs here.

The part where everybody is stuck on a plane actually happened in Minnesota. Was a big story earlier this year. People were stuck on a runway at a closed airport in Rochester, MN after being deverted there because of bad weather. They wouldn't let anybody off the plane, not even to busses that would take them to Minneapolis.

When Cartman keeps going on about "The Golden Butthole" ifs a spoof of a 1955 movie called "The Man With The Golden Arm" with Frank Sinatra and Kim Novak. It's about heroin.
Stan and Kyle :)
walterreally

Postby walterreally » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:44 pm

Who found this episode funny? Those who said they did wouldn't know funny if it walked up to them and smacked them silly. South Park has been on a terminal decline and is living on life support. The show has been reduced to parodying celebrities. Their last episodes over this season and the last have been parodies- Jonas Brothers, Britney Spears, Kanye West, High School Musical, Dark Knight, Twilight and the list goes on. The only one genuinely funny was the Fishsticks episode. You're better sticking to something else to appettize your comedic taste, folks. Because this season has thus far been unadulterated garbage.

The fact that they put in NO EFFORT in scripting this episode displays how Trey and Matt are on a decline. Or maybe just Trey. Since he has scripted every episode thus far this season. The most attention any celebrity got in South Park during the first 10 seasons was a subtle reference that viewers understood. There were exceptions where it was done very well. Such as the Scientology and Fishsticks episode. But rather than coming up with creative storylines, Trey has chosen to just come up with absolute s**t and pass it off as a plot. We knew he hated Michael Jackson and so this further reflects how he used SP to further his views. Nothing wrong with that too as long as you can make it funny. But Trey is the real 'Stan' here. He seems to be obssessed with celebrities. Go easy on E! entertainment Trey. The last two seasons have been deplorable and pathetic. Pathetic.
Juventin

Good episode

Postby Juventin » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:57 pm

Finally a good episode!
4.2/5 ****-episode.
stevesut1

Postby stevesut1 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:15 pm

Good episode, I liked it.
shazzaTPM

Postby shazzaTPM » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:26 pm

I enjoyed this episode. However, did anyone else not notice how when Cartman first showed the other boys a Billy Mays commercial they were in Cartman's lounge, but by the end of it they were in Kyle's lounge? I don't mind an odd goof or two, but that is just a bit lazy to not pick up on.
asakura

Postby asakura » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:33 pm

shazzaTPM wrote:I enjoyed this episode. However, did anyone else not notice how when Cartman first showed the other boys a Billy Mays commercial they were in Cartman's lounge, but by the end of it they were in Kyle's lounge? I don't mind an odd goof or two, but that is just a bit lazy to not pick up on.

They always do stuff like this.
dontgiveafuck

Postby dontgiveafuck » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:50 pm

ahahahha episode kick ass!i knew they're going to make fun of michael :lol: that's ignorant :P
massepa

Postby massepa » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:06 pm

this episode was a major letdown!!
Especially because i waited months for a new episode.

Cartman and butters rule!!

i am happy south park is back!!!!!
Scotland

Postby Scotland » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:27 pm

Wow, at least you guys get to see it. Viacom is going deletion crazy and the episode's that do get uploaded are either fake or not finished.

I found it funny, well the parts I did see.
Yeah! So I did! I wanna just smiling!
Ferdinand

Postby Ferdinand » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:29 pm

Ferdinand"]With an episode as lame, as taste less and boring as this, you've disgraced yourself beyond everything I though possible, although I had a serious clue with your parody of Dark Knight (equally stupid film).
With a now increasingly predictable trend in your story lines, don't you feel like you've become belugas yourself? What's next? Let me guess... Swine flu? Afghanistan? Byonce?
You guys are finished.
Last edited by Ferdinand on Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scotland

Postby Scotland » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:34 pm

So much for devoted fans eh?
Yeah! So I did! I wanna just smiling!
Aleicia

Postby Aleicia » Thu Oct 08, 2009 3:36 pm

I watched the episode hours ago. I thought it was pretty good but since I was watching on youtube and the first three quarters were flipped horizontally so the animation looked odd and sentences were read backwards. Hard to adjust to that.

I've noticed a lot of negative reviews of the episode. Sure, I find some episodes lacking but I'm not going to rant about it. It was decent.

Scotland: Didn't you see the entire episode?
Try this. Scroll to Season 13 and go to Dead Celebrities. No surveys and the website isn't confusing. :) Oh and yes, agree. Some fans you guys are.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”