*1310: W.T.F.* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

creatures4eons

Re: *1310: W.T.F.* Post-Air Discussion

Postby creatures4eons » Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:50 am

This episode was nothing I expected it to be. When the opening scene came on I really didn't think I was going to dig the ep, especially after following last weeks. I loved the way that the adults believed everything the kids were saying, even though it was absolutely ridiculous. Great parody of WWE and the like. I liked how the boys wrestled each other the "real way" at the end of the ep and the fans in the stands didn't get what they were watching. I loved the way Butters looked with his triceratops hair, and Token and Jimmy looked kick ass!! One thing I was disappointed with though was that there wasn't a lot of actual "wrestling" with the kids in their ring, they acted more than they pretended to kick each others asses...that would have been cool to see more of. All in all it was a sweet episode. And oh my god they KILLED KENNY!! That was a nice little surprise...definitely didn't see that coming until the rocket landed on the stage. Awesome! :)
KennyStanWendyFan

Postby KennyStanWendyFan » Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:52 am

Things I loved:
-Kenny dying, obviously.
-Kenny as a luchador.
-The Mexicans saying the classic catch phrase in Spanish. (First time we've heard any variation of the catch phrase since 1008, unless you count 1207's "They're going to kill Kenny!")
-The chicken crowing in comparison to the rednecks saying "Dey took his jerb!"
-The fact that wrestling is portrayed as a soap opera for men in this episode, and yet it's kept subtle and never explicitly mentioned by anyone in the episode. Matt and Trey trust our intelligence here.

But I can't believe no one has pointed out the obvious goof at the end of the episode: from offscreen, Cartman says "Don't start with me, Kenny!" and we hear Kenny muffle something, but Kenny was dead by that point. I mean, what the hell, is he able to come back to life or something?! Oh... right... he is... but not usually later in the same episode in which he died! It normally happens between episodes, or in Cartman's Mom is Still a Dirty Slut's case, the beginning of the next episode.

Overall, not a bad episode. Not the funniest ever, but it was still entertaining. 7.5/10 seems sufficient. Hell, I'll bump it up to 8/10 for the Kenny death. :)
creatures4eons

Postby creatures4eons » Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:54 am

KennyStanWendyFan wrote:Things I loved:
-Kenny dying, obviously.
-Kenny as a luchador.
-The Mexicans saying the classic catch phrase in Spanish. (First time we've heard any variation of the catch phrase since 1008, unless you count 1207's "They're going to kill Kenny!")
-The chicken crowing in comparison to the rednecks saying "Dey took his jerb!"
-The fact that wrestling is portrayed as a soap opera for men in this episode, and yet it's kept subtle and never explicitly mentioned by anyone in the episode. Matt and Trey trust our intelligence here.

But I can't believe no one has pointed out the obvious goof at the end of the episode: from offscreen, Cartman says "Don't start with me, Kenny!" and we hear Kenny muffle something, but Kenny was dead by that point. I mean, what the hell, is he able to come back to life or something?! Oh... right... he is... but not usually later in the same episode in which he died! It normally happens between episodes, or in Cartman's Mom is Still a Dirty Slut's case, the beginning of the next episode.

Overall, not a bad episode. Not the funniest ever, but it was still entertaining. 7.5/10 seems sufficient. Hell, I'll bump it up to 8/10 for the Kenny death. :)

I didn't hear that, thats pretty awesome. I'm glad you pointed that out.
AngusMcTavish

Postby AngusMcTavish » Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:55 am

I...LOVED IT!! This had me laughing even more than the "Dead Celebrities" ep.

From their outfits, including "El Pollo Loco," to the acts, to the returning "terrk err derrr" gag, this was a blast.

Speaking of blasts, admit it...you could see the Kenny death from a mile away when the rocket launcher was being pulled out of that case, couldn't you?

I'll also admit that while it seemed a little out of place, seeing Stan and Kyle going "Oh my God oh my God...", I couldn't help but laugh at that as well.

Great work, guys! 10/10!
KennyStanWendyFan

Postby KennyStanWendyFan » Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:00 am

AngusMcTavish wrote:Speaking of blasts, admit it...you could see the Kenny death from a mile away when the rocket launcher was being pulled out of that case, couldn't you?

Yeah, I was getting my "Kenny death vibe" when the guy was aiming his rocket launcher. In fact, I was cheering it on. "Aim for Kenny! Shoot Kenny!" Then when the rocket was launched, I began cheering "Hit Kenny! Fall on Kenny!" Then the rocket seemed to be a dud and I went "Aww..." and then Kenny stupidly picked it up and his fate was sealed. :zombiekenny:
AngusMcTavish

Postby AngusMcTavish » Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:02 am

KennyStanWendyFan wrote:
AngusMcTavish wrote:Speaking of blasts, admit it...you could see the Kenny death from a mile away when the rocket launcher was being pulled out of that case, couldn't you?

Yeah, I was getting my "Kenny death vibe" when the guy was aiming his rocket launcher. In fact, I was cheering it on. "Aim for Kenny! Shoot Kenny!" Then when the rocket was launched, I began cheering "Hit Kenny! Fall on Kenny!" Then the rocket seemed to be a dud and I went "Aww..." and then Kenny stupidly picked it up and his fate was sealed. :zombiekenny:

Exactly!

And good to see you again, KSWF! :thumbsup:
KennyStanWendyFan

Postby KennyStanWendyFan » Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:05 am

AngusMcTavish wrote:
KennyStanWendyFan wrote:

Exactly!

And good to see you again, KSWF! :thumbsup:

Good to see you again, too! Image

The Kenny death vibe never lies! Except in Ginger Kids... that wasn't quite a Kenny death. That was just... Kenny getting captured slightly before Stan and Kyle. And in Something Wall-Mart This Way Comes. I thought Cartman was going to stab Kenny. BUT OTHER THAN THAT...! Okay, so Super Fun Time also had me going for a second there...
dubcon

Postby dubcon » Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:39 am

from one of the best episodes ever (butters bottom bitch) to one of the least funny or imaginative episodes (w.t.f) WHAT THE f*ck?
nick10ocho

Postby nick10ocho » Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:42 am

y cant i watch it online? i live on the east coast
atass

Postby atass » Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:46 am

ahhh what was the song that the guy who was auditioning for the w.t.f. made a parody of??? i know its from a musical and it's bothering me!!
iloveyouguys

Postby iloveyouguys » Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:49 am

I was indescribably fucking excited for this episode, and surpassed every expectation that i ever had. perfectly executed from beginning to end. this was one of the best episodes ever!
This is my signature. I made it small so anyone who tries to read it has to copy and paste the text somewhere else only to find that it isn't interesting at all. Congratulations. Also, fuckshitcockassbitchtitspenisfagskankwhorecuntpoop.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:53 am

atass wrote:ahhh what was the song that the guy who was auditioning for the w.t.f. made a parody of??? i know its from a musical and it's bothering me!!

I don't know the exact song, but I hear it's from A Chorus Line.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
atass

Postby atass » Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:51 am

Big-Will wrote:
atass wrote:ahhh what was the song that the guy who was auditioning for the w.t.f. made a parody of??? i know its from a musical and it's bothering me!!

I don't know the exact song, but I hear it's from A Chorus Line.

oh my gosh thank you so much i was gonna go insane haha
PEUmbarger

Postby PEUmbarger » Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:18 am

It's 0321 here on the East coast.... why isn't the episode on the site yet?

You guys are killing me! You bastards!

:idea: How about putting the episode on the site already so that those of us that can't catch it on the tube can watch it here?
James--76

Postby James--76 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:43 am

Not the best episode of the season a little slow in places nice to see the return of the rednecks that were in "goobacks", and there was a kenny death at the end too which made me laugh.
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”