*1311: Whale Whores* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Miql616

Re: *1311: Whale Whores* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Miql616 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:17 am

Wait if you never had any knowlage of Dolphin/Whale killing or the Sea Shepard I could totally see how you might get lost. Having said that Bravo Trey and Matt on Whale Whores. Albiet the real Whale Wars Show was a little slow, It did have a point. If anybody saw the Movie Documentary THE COVE it dealt with Dolphin Slaughtering in Japan, MOST BRUTAL Movie I Have Ever Seen and Not in A Good Way. The Captain of the sea shepard Paul Watson had a part in that movie as well. Now personally, Yeah I think Paul's a media whore but whatever thats his Deal and I'm sure Nobody notices that our darling Matt and Trey are in the Same Media Whoring boat "WINK", Instead they make a point by going in the opposite direction. if you Never Noticed Whale Wars before (as Stan Once Said) NOW YOU SEE, if you never were aware of Dolphin Slaughtering in Japan then NOW YOU SEE. Cows vs Whales? Well I guess thats another debate that could go on for Eternity. How about NO killing.

Now I do love me a good piece of steak but oh well if I had to I would gladly give it up and Yes, I am a hypocrite but look deep into the mirror and ask yourself that same question. Personally I think Everybody is a hypocrite, just to different degrees. Aren't You?

Peace and Love, Peace and Love

Thanks Southpark with you its easier to laugh.
stevesut1

Postby stevesut1 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:09 pm

Great episode.
Ike_ve

Postby Ike_ve » Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:22 pm

Great episode.
Cartman PA PA POKER FACE MA MA MA MA ! :D

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=41660
Raisinz

Postby Raisinz » Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:45 pm

hilarious. Stan's photo with the dead dolphin really made me laugh.

I didn't get the part with the Lady Gaga song though. It was funny, but wtf does that have to do with whale wars?
Ike_ve

Postby Ike_ve » Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:52 pm

Raisinz wrote:hilarious. Stan's photo with the dead dolphin really made me laugh.

I didn't get the part with the Lady Gaga song though. It was funny, but wtf does that have to do with whale wars?

Does it have to do something with whales?

The pokerface part was totally funny and it WILL BE MEGA POPULAR now as you can see and search on youtube, there are more than hundred of videos from cartman singing pokerface (EVEN MIXES)
and the episode is out like, what, 7 hours?
prochut

Postby prochut » Thu Oct 29, 2009 12:53 pm

drtdi1 wrote:
prochut wrote:
drtdi1 wrote::parishilton:

My Fiancee and I are MAJOR fans of South Park and have been since day one. We always walk away from each episode laughing and talking about it positively to our friends and other fans. We record the episodes and watch them frequently.

We started watching the episode Whale Whores tonight and could not believe what we were watching. We walked away sickened and disgusted to view this horrendous episode. We are fully aware of the ugly and sad situation when it comes to the Japanese killing dolphins and whales; however we never, in a million years thought the creators of this show would go as far as they did to make a point. Can someone please explain to me the reasoning/message behind this episode.

Signed,
Sickened

Man, relax. South Park is not saying it's okay to kill whales and dolphins. To be honest, the biggest statement in this episode may be that nothing happens on whale wars (which is an actual show, and the way South Park depicted it before Stan took over is pretty much all they do: throw smelly crap on
whaling boats) or that the U.S. has no room to tell other countries what to do as far as human rights go (just hypothesizing, not my own politics or view). Btw, I'll have to do some research and get back to you, but I don't think any dolphins or whales were killed in the making of the episode. It does depend on how much tuna was eaten while they were making the show.

Hey Prochut,

Please read my other post which will explain why I felt the way I did. And BTW - I am woman, not a man. Your sarcasm wasn't amusing either. Grow up!

It's hard to tell which gender you are through the Internet and your words. Anyway, if you can't handle the visuals that a cartoon shows you or even sarcasm from someone who you will never meet and doesn't care who you are or what you think, maybe I'm not the one who needs to grow up.
pycior123

Postby pycior123 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:03 pm

Why Paul Watson has a normal head insted of a flapping one? He's canadian!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Watson
tommacco

Postby tommacco » Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:04 pm

Miql616 wrote:Wait if you never had any knowlage of Dolphin/Whale killing or the Sea Shepard I could totally see how you might get lost. Having said that Bravo Trey and Matt on Whale Whores. Albiet the real Whale Wars Show was a little slow, It did have a point. If anybody saw the Movie Documentary THE COVE it dealt with Dolphin Slaughtering in Japan, MOST BRUTAL Movie I Have Ever Seen and Not in A Good Way. The Captain of the sea shepard Paul Watson had a part in that movie as well. Now personally, Yeah I think Paul's a media whore but whatever thats his Deal and I'm sure Nobody notices that our darling Matt and Trey are in the Same Media Whoring boat "WINK", Instead they make a point by going in the opposite direction. if you Never Noticed Whale Wars before (as Stan Once Said) NOW YOU SEE, if you never were aware of Dolphin Slaughtering in Japan then NOW YOU SEE. Cows vs Whales? Well I guess thats another debate that could go on for Eternity. How about NO killing.

Now I do love me a good piece of steak but oh well if I had to I would gladly give it up and Yes, I am a hypocrite but look deep into the mirror and ask yourself that same question. Personally I think Everybody is a hypocrite, just to different degrees. Aren't You?

Peace and Love, Peace and Love

Thanks Southpark with you its easier to laugh.

If they had compared this to the mass execution/genocide of buffalo in America one might have a good comparison. Plants are living things, so unless you're eating totally synthetic food you're still eating a living thing and have to kill it somewhere in the process. The difference here is agriculture: all those cows and chickens wouldn't exist if it weren't for us. Whales and dolphins do. Whales and dolphins can't reproduce the same way cows and chickens do in captivity and even if they could-is there any reason we would want them to disappear entirely from the wild?

It's not a cultural issue, it really boils down to ecology and conservation, and this time the in-your-face message totally fails to make a valid point-which is a rarity in a usually clever SP series. Based on the preview I had greater expectations from this episode.

I'm surprised there's so little controversy about this episode-I suppose on a SP fan site everyone understands their style of comedy so it's understandable. I think it's funny that people care more about the dolphin/whale thing than the fact that the Japanese people and culture were ripped on in an extreme way. You'd have to complain about how they treated jews, scientologists, etc in the past to claim racism but we can't really do that now can we? (-:

Anyway, not referring to the person I quoted, but I've been surprised at how much blind fanaticism there is for this show these days. A lot of you are quick to declare the newest episode "the best ever" when it just can't compare so many episodes, even with later seasons (like 7 through 10).
Ike_ve

Postby Ike_ve » Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:04 pm

pycior123 wrote:Why Paul Watson has a normal head insted of a flapping one? He's canadian!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Watson

maybe he is mutant, or like.. retarded
spermis

Postby spermis » Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:11 pm

I would like to get the whole poker face song by cartman. Man that was great :) Love this episode. Thanks!
Luke E Pierre

Postby Luke E Pierre » Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:14 pm

Tabernak????

Why did the Japanese Prime minister yell out a French-Canadian word?
Lee1965

Postby Lee1965 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:16 pm

Clever premise and satire as usual. But I have to admit, this is probably my least favorite episode. It seems to make light of one too many touchy subjects all in one episode. Not the least of which, the genocide of Hiroshima. I always found Cartman's bigotry and selfish gluttony to be funny. Like the guy we love to hate. But his insensitive laughing in the Hiroshima museum, well let's just say I'd hate to end up really hating him.
Shimshai

Postby Shimshai » Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:17 pm

Aleicia wrote:I still wish SP was the way it used to be (more crude, more of the 'kids being kids' episodes rather than parodying events or popular shows) but this was still fun to watch.

I have to agree. It was good don't get me wrong but why all the tv parody all of a sudden? Ghost Hunters, Wrestling and Whale Wars, in three of the last four episodes.

I think it detracts from the originality of the show.
kamikazikitten

Postby kamikazikitten » Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:31 pm

man i just watched it online, i loved it.
i found it really funny because i work at the
aquarium in atlanta and people come up to
me all the time going on about how they
love the whales but those damn japanese
keep killing them. being unnoticeable part
japanese it annoys the sh*t out of me but i
just smile and nod. then did research and found
out that the mink whales they are hunting for
in limited quantities are not endangered at all.
i love bursting peoples self righteous hippie
bubbles. and hate that whale wars show.
so thanks for this great and funny episode.
it really helped me release and laugh at
all my frustration
and anger at peoples ignorance i have
to deal with on a day to day basis.
if anybody knows Matt n trey on this forum
tell em an aquarium employee says thanks :D .

........... hey you think a whale burger tastes as
good as a jr. bacon cheeseburger?
gpavlicek

Postby gpavlicek » Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:48 pm

That show was absolutely hilarious. one of the best ones this season definently

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”