*1312: The F Word* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

upsiedowner

Re: *1312: The F Word* Post-Air Discussion

Postby upsiedowner » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:13 pm

cartman becoming a hippie? opening scene really made no sense...

and is kenny reading a normal comic book?
if he isn't, south park is really getting screwed up
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:23 pm

upsiedowner wrote:cartman becoming a hippie? opening scene really made no sense...

Kenny prefers magazines with pinup models in them. Always has.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
upsiedowner

Postby upsiedowner » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:32 pm

Big-Will wrote:
upsiedowner wrote:cartman becoming a hippie? opening scene really made no sense...

Kenny prefers magazines with pinup models in them. Always has.

obviously, but considering how hippie-ish they became, without showing the magazine, it could be about anything

btw i have heard "f*g" but never the n word used publicly
Wii fit man

Postby Wii fit man » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:40 pm

Beard wrote:Meh episode. It was better than I expected.

6/10

I'd have to agree.
effses: Austin confirmed for turbo homosexual

Postby 203177 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:46 pm

this episode was kinda dull i'd give it a 7.3 out of 10. but it was great to see big gay al and mr slave again. i liked how butters was with the hardly bikers. and the word fag was changed to annoying loud hardly bikers. but isn't that similar to with the apologies to jessie jackson? but hopefully 1313 is better
My favorite sp characters: Bridon(he's so cute!)
Kyle,Stan, Kenny/Mysterion.

Fave ep: ESM Season 12,Sec fave: Butterballs Season 16
B Eating U

Postby B Eating U » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:57 pm

i loved this episode, it had a great twist that i didnt see coming. 9/10. btw i didnt even see the alien.
Im Jumpin' Jack Flash and Its a Gas Gas Gas.
Gloomy

Postby Gloomy » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:06 pm

Man... This episode wasn't nearly as funny as I was hoping it would be. :/

I'm glad to see Mr. Slave and Big Gay Al again... But other than that, this episode was pretty. Um. Bleh, I guess. D:
"No... Yeah, I'd totally kick your ass in a fight. ...Uh-huh. I saw the episode where Wendy beat the crap out of Cartman. ...No, you see, you would be the one in Cartman's place. You have it all wrong."

--Best phone-call ever.
GregW

Postby GregW » Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:59 pm

if he isn't, south park is really getting screwed up

I liked the scene, it worked well I thought.
After watching the episode again I loved the bit just before the biker guy calls the other biker guy a fag when he's making the noise of the bike, that was cool.

Randy about to finish his sentence then getting cut off was funny too.
At least we have аssholes, you dumb girl!
Kitsunebaby

Postby Kitsunebaby » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:53 pm

avh28 wrote:
Kitsunebaby wrote:I'm so glad south park did this. I've never understood why people get so upset about the negative use of a word that that originally had nothing to do with them. A word that THEY chose to associate with themselves.

I don't undewrstand why homosexuals get upset that the word "gay" is used to mean stupid or annoying when the term didn't originally even mean homosexual. Besides, do you think handicapped people get upset when people use the word "lame" the way they typically do nowadays.

It's stupid when people choose to be victims and feel offended at something that wasn't directed towards them at all. It's even worse when other pretentious douches choose to get upset on the behalf of those who were "insulted" just to feel that they're doing something good. Thank you so much south park!

LGBT people get offended because there still are two different meanings to the word. When growing up trying to figure out an identity for yourself it can be extremely detrimental to hear constantly "that's so gay" or "f.a.g." even if people don't mean homosexual because it is still associated with that meaning. 30% of LGBT youth in this country commits suicide because of the pressures and social ramifications of identifying with a group that is constantly associated with negative everyday insults. Think about it. Just so you can get kicks for saying a word, someone may really be struggling to fit in.

... and you don't care because it's not happening to you.

Please don't assume you know what's happening to me and everyone else in the LGBT community. I'm a bisexual girl with VERY conservative catholic parents. My mother gets upset and worried everytime I even mention that a woman is attractive and I know how awkward it is when you are trying to figure out your own identity. I, however, don't get upset at the negative use of words when they are not directed at me. Neither do most of my gay and lesbian friends because they, too, have common sense.

I understand that the current negative uses of "f*g" and "gay" have probably come about due to some negative feelings towards those people, but if you know that the people using the word mean no harm toward you or your sexuality then WHY get upset over it. Why not just allow the words to change meanings as they have done for centuries. If you want to be offended and complain about being personally attacked then I guess this is the perfect chance for you. I guess I can complain when people are called "pussies" because it's insulting a female body part. You do see how ridiculous that is, right? I myself am not a victim, and so I don't get upset at naughty words by deciding that they are somehow attacking me.

Also, that 30% sounds like a ridiculous statistic and I would like to know what study it came from. I have known and been friends with many lesbian, gay, and bisexual people through my life and the only one who ever TRIED to commit suicide was me several times back in middle school, and that was for reasons completely unrelated to my sexuality. You have no ability of knowing why someone kills themselves and it is irresponsible of you to claim that it's because of their sexuality. Sometimes people are just depressed. I guess if you want, then ALL problems can be blamed on society.
Last edited by Kitsunebaby on Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chucktacularxblgt

Postby Chucktacularxblgt » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:57 pm

"but what if someone is gay and he rides a harley"

"that makes him a g@y F@g"
Aleicia

Postby Aleicia » Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:00 am

upsiedowner wrote:obviously, but considering how hippie-ish they became, without showing the magazine, it could be about anything

btw i have heard "f*g" but never the n word used publicly

I think you're missing the point. It's not that they became or have become hippies. It's supposed to symbolise a peaceful day (obviously) and show the boys relaxing... napping, reading, fishing, etc. So that when the bikies came into the picture it'd make them look like complete assh*les... if the boys were at, say, a noisier place... like an arcade, it wouldn't have seemed as big a problem to the boys as it did.
Pip Tweek

Postby Pip Tweek » Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:04 am

Man, it's weird how we all love SP yet our sense of humor can be so different. I haven't really liked any of the episodes of this second half of the season run, but this one, I loved. It was by far the best of the current run (so far) and I'm still debating whether or not it trumps my favorite (Margaritaville.)
butters kenny

Postby butters kenny » Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:08 am

I like this episode, one of my favorites of this season.
I Wasn't choking you I was just hugging your neck

R.I.P Chef for realz this time

( chef joined the sith so why don't you?)

R.I.P Billy Bonka
jerseygirl2021

Postby jerseygirl2021 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:32 am

Kenny saying "this is f*cking ridiculous" made my day, along with that one biker guy at the urinal...lmfao
I wasn't in love with this episode, but it had its funny moments, and that's all that really matters to me.
-FUK YOU DORPHRIN, AND FUK YOU WHALE!!!-

If I had wheels, I'd be a wagon.
dexlov

Postby dexlov » Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:48 am

Very funny. Great episode! Awesome.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”