*1312: The F Word* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

dvda92

Re: *1312: The F Word* Post-Air Discussion

Postby dvda92 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:50 pm

What Butters said about that he wants to be a Harley rider when he grows up keeps me reminding me of the intro in "The Lumberjack song" from "Monty Python's Flying Circus".
RoWang

Postby RoWang » Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:29 pm

Kitsunebaby wrote:
Believe me, I hate all forms of censorship. I believe to political correctness is currently doing more harm than good for our society and our culture. The meanings of these words are still a bit hazy as they currently shifting from one meaning to another. They could quite possibly get to the point where they are never used in reference to homosexuals. Political correctness is keeping this from happening by making it taboo to ever say so that they are stuck with the old meanings. The entire point of this episode is that the words are changing meaning and that we should allow them to do that, so that in the future when someone uses them they will not be judging people on sexuality or other stupid issues. Instead they will be judging them on what really matters, their personalities and their actions. I personally find this to be a good outcome.

nuff said... and there is really nothing to add!
DarkRadeon

Postby DarkRadeon » Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:01 pm

I hate harley riders!
"We want more Kenny"
shawnpl

Postby shawnpl » Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:22 pm

i definitely saw the alien while watching the f word on this website. i thought you werent supposed to be able to.
dvda92

Postby dvda92 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:26 pm

shawnpl wrote:i definitely saw the alien while watching the f word on this website. i thought you werent supposed to be able to.

The alien is there since they put the uncensored version on the site. You can't see the alien on the site while the contest is on, though.

Postby 203177 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:37 pm

so i guess the f word is fag right?
My favorite sp characters: Bridon(he's so cute!)
Kyle,Stan, Kenny/Mysterion.

Fave ep: ESM Season 12,Sec fave: Butterballs Season 16
reg71

Postby reg71 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:41 pm

Pretty darn funny. I ride a motorcycle and grew up with Harleys and old school bikers but this emerging trend of latte swilling weekend warrior straight pipe having bikers annoys me to no end... Not many things can make that much noise going that slow...
Throbert McGee

Postby Throbert McGee » Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:04 pm

Laughed my homo ass off at this episode!

What I particularly appreciated was the point that although Big Gay Al and Mr. Slave are open, unapologetic, and downright "flamingly out-of-the-closet," they are not to be confused with the loud, attention-whore F.A.G.s who parade down the street making as much noise as possible and wanting everything to revolve around them, like spoiled 16-year-old girls.

Suffice to say, there are many in the real-life "LGBT Community" who somehow have trouble figuring out the difference between standing up for their American right to live honestly and freely as homosexuals (like Big Gay Al does), versus being NOISY, SPOILED ATTENTION WHORES (like the biker F.A.G.s ).

(And by the way, I made a point of posting this because GLAAD sent out a press release encouraging people to complain about the episode. So here's my "complaint": I wish the hairy-chested rasslin' coach from the W.T.F. episode had turned up at the Gay Men of South Park meeting, 'cause he was kinda hot! :lol: )
I don't mind if people call me a pervert...
...but I'd sooner die than be mistaken for a Democrat!

(-- conservative author Florence King, explaining why she doesn't identify as a "lesbian" even though she enjoys sex with other women)
Throbert McGee

Postby Throbert McGee » Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:24 pm

Although... since I live in the Washington D.C. area, I have to confess that I'm a huge fan of the "Rolling Thunder" parade that happens every Memorial Day weekend, in which thousands and thousands of Old Glory-flying Harley riders converge on the nation's capital and ride from the Pentagon parking lot to the Vietnam Memorial. My sister and I are grown-up USMC brats, so we naturally gravitate towards this veterans-related event. Plus, my not-quite-three-years-old nephew is thrilled by anything with wheels that goes "vroom!"

But that once-a-year event is as far as my affection for motorcycles goes!

(-- conservative author Florence King, explaining why she doesn't identify as a "lesbian" even though she enjoys sex with other women)
Throbert McGee

Postby Throbert McGee » Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:06 pm

geoffr111 wrote:I don't understand why the episode relied on the Harley riders to make its point that the word homosexual has shifted in meaning.

Because, just like a teeny-tiny, practically negligible segment within the larger GBLTQetc. Community, the Harley riders like to parade down the street wearing outlandish clothing and being obnoxiously noisy in order to constantly remind other people: "Hey, everyone, lookit how incredibly special we are! LOOK AT US! PAY ATTENTION TO OUR SPECIALNESS OR WE'LL SCREAM LOUDER!"

geoffr111 wrote:their sloppy treatment of an issue that has begged to be addressed now for at least five seasons seems more like an attempt to justify sloppy writing and defray with badly-conceived humor the impact of their use of a controversial word than an actual, well-intentioned consideration of the debate.

They writin' not sloppy. You LISTENIN' sloppy.

Vic De Zen

Postby Vic De Zen » Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:33 pm

I thought it was a great episode and that's actually how I feel about bikers as well!
Cartman's_bitch 2

Postby Cartman's_bitch 2 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:55 pm

It was a 7/10 episode. Pretty funny, a couple jokes were a bit annoying, but other than that I liked it.
goldtupac

Postby goldtupac » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:29 pm

I am so happy SP made fun of this. I know it has to do with the fight against grenade spam that infinity ward posted and everyone flipped out saying they said fag. Thank you southpark for showing these fags :)
Wii fit man

Postby Wii fit man » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:45 pm

It makes me laugh to see all the people in this thread who fail at saying fag.
effses: Austin confirmed for turbo homosexual
drangel

Postby drangel » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:54 pm

Very funny one, this season is finally becoming consistently funny.

Anyway, my understanding is that it has to with Infinity Ward MW2 viral ad. :lol:

IW has nothing to do with online potty-mouths, unless they develop a mute censoring device whenever someone says a bad word--because if it were to beep, people would make a comedy out of it.

And the fact that a bad viral ad somewhat has an impact on the awesomeness of the game, thus making some people less excited about the launch is utterly bullocks.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”