*1313: Dances with Smurfs* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Wii fit man
Posts: 11153
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:10 pm

Re: *1313: Dances with Smurfs* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Wii fit man » Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:30 am

JustSit wrote:Ummm... Okay well I must say a lot of you people miss the point entirely.
ssouthparkk4602 seriously? I mean you spend your days arguing with people on youtube about whether or not Trey and Matt agree with Beck's opinion? Then you go and feel "vindicated" by this show? Got a news flash for you, this show made fun of Beck as much if not less than he makes fun of himself. In fact I'm sure he'll show part of this show on his program, so Jon wont have to(It'll get to more people that way anyway). To assume that because they poked fun of his style and his audience doesn't mean they don't agree with his general principles. He's a hot button topic at the moment so they poked fun at him, they also made a reference to Sarah Palin using a very liberal character. Do you think they believe Palin is like Wendy? You need to relax and chill out, watch the show laugh and please stay off of Youtube, it's ruining your life.
Oh and kfgg, Obsessive Compulsive disorder and Attention Deficit Disorder really don't blend too well. Besides that Beck does not exhibit a short attention span, if anything he be too focused but that doesn't mean he goes washing his hands 100x a day or has to take the same path to the bathroom each time. He's really just an entertainer and all you people need to relax, if you don't like the guy that's cool but chill on the hate. It's very unbecoming of you all.
Uh-oh! Retard alert!

RTL, kindly fuck yourself.
effses: Austin confirmed for turbo homosexual
ssouthparkk4602
Posts: 906
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:49 am

Re: *1313: Dances with Smurfs* Post-Air Discussion

Postby ssouthparkk4602 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:34 am

RideTheLightning wrote:
JustSit wrote:Ummm... Okay well I must say a lot of you people miss the point entirely.
ssouthparkk4602 seriously? I mean you spend your days arguing with people on youtube about whether or not Trey and Matt agree with Beck's opinion? Then you go and feel "vindicated" by this show? Got a news flash for you, this show made fun of Beck as much if not less than he makes fun of himself. In fact I'm sure he'll show part of this show on his program, so Jon wont have to(It'll get to more people that way anyway). To assume that because they poked fun of his style and his audience doesn't mean they don't agree with his general principles. He's a hot button topic at the moment so they poked fun at him, they also made a reference to Sarah Palin using a very liberal character. Do you think they believe Palin is like Wendy? You need to relax and chill out, watch the show laugh and please stay off of Youtube, it's ruining your life.

Anyway, great show once again, fresh and not too far up it's own rear end.


dude youre amazing. finally someone who doesn't make me bummed out to be a south park fan posted on one of the episodes

just saying i liked butters' little gang of weird kids he hangs with


RTL, you are always a dick. :mrgreen:

And JustSit? News Flash for you:

I DON'T CARE. I really don't care that you think it's stupid that I argue with people on YT. And you also fail to realize that YOU TOO would feel "vindicated" if the same happened to you. If you said some sh*t and got chewed out on YT for your favorite show's creators believing in what you were calling "stupid" (I wasn't, only Glenn Beck, and HIS type of "Libertarians".), and then this came about, you would feel the same way. What other word is there besides vindicated? That is what happened tonight. So what ever.
"If the President has a BLT tomorrow, the Republicans will try to ban bacon."
-Alan Grayson

"Tolerance of intolerance is just as good as intolerance."
-TheAmazingAtheist

Formerly: gtaca2005 Member since: Thu Jan 06, 2005
howardroarke
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:42 am

Re: *1313: Dances with Smurfs* Post-Air Discussion

Postby howardroarke » Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:37 am

ssouthparkk4602 wrote:Star Wars references don't work on me.

And Glenn is more than an entertainer. He is the leader of a mob. I think my concern is valid.

And I am not a Capitalist if it has to be all or nothing, then. Mixed economy man. Just found out a definition for me recently, but it isn't good because it is too broad, but it is "Third" something Capitalist. (I forgot the whole thing. Not important, it fails to specify my views, anyway.)

And you are right. I don't have much confidence in Capitalism when it comes to people's health. I am very justified. There should be no profit motive to deny care. Period. Look at the system as it is now.

So I would argue that I AM a Capitalist. But also a Humanist. Moderation and mixes, they are a good thing. All or nothing is completely f*cking stupid when applied to government.

And don't bring up "either it's all ok, or none of it is" from Cartoon Wars. That does not apply here. (I don't think you'd do that, but I have misjudged people before.)


I don't see why it's completely f*cking stupid to apply rights as all or nothing when it comes to government, that's exactly the reasoning behind things like the 1st amendment. It protects even the most vulgar speech, the safe politically correct speech doesn't need protection...

But I think you're missing my point. If you're a capitalist, you would want the most essential things in life to be left to the free market most of all. We do not have a free market in health care, for a lot of reasons. And profit may seem evil to you, but it also means these businesses are providing a service that is valuable to enough people to give them patronage. It also means they aren't in debt and can keep providing those services, which is not something a bankrupt government can do, just ask Russia.

Here's one example (again there are many more knowledgable people than me on this): The closest thing we have to free market health care service is cosmetic surgery, where insurance doesn't cover most things, so prices are a factor in choosing a service. That's important in a free market system. The price of cosmetic surgery has fallen while the cost of every health service has risen, and the service has also risen in cosmetic surgery. Most cosmetic surgeons give their patients their cell phone numbers. They have to satisfy a customer an make them happy. That's how a free market system works. That's how DVD players went from thousands of dollars to less than a hundred dollars.

This principle has been proven over and over in markets that we consider unimportant. From the $0.69 can of beans to the car in your driveway. The computor or Iphone you're using right now is an example of this system working. Why not have this same system applied to health care and education?
JustSit
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:29 am

Re: *1313: Dances with Smurfs* Post-Air Discussion

Postby JustSit » Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:37 am

Wii fit man wrote:
JustSit wrote:Ummm... Okay well I must say a lot of you people miss the point entirely.
ssouthparkk4602 seriously? I mean you spend your days arguing with people on youtube about whether or not Trey and Matt agree with Beck's opinion? Then you go and feel "vindicated" by this show? Got a news flash for you, this show made fun of Beck as much if not less than he makes fun of himself. In fact I'm sure he'll show part of this show on his program, so Jon wont have to(It'll get to more people that way anyway). To assume that because they poked fun of his style and his audience doesn't mean they don't agree with his general principles. He's a hot button topic at the moment so they poked fun at him, they also made a reference to Sarah Palin using a very liberal character. Do you think they believe Palin is like Wendy? You need to relax and chill out, watch the show laugh and please stay off of Youtube, it's ruining your life.
Oh and kfgg, Obsessive Compulsive disorder and Attention Deficit Disorder really don't blend too well. Besides that Beck does not exhibit a short attention span, if anything he be too focused but that doesn't mean he goes washing his hands 100x a day or has to take the same path to the bathroom each time. He's really just an entertainer and all you people need to relax, if you don't like the guy that's cool but chill on the hate. It's very unbecoming of you all.
Uh-oh! Retard alert!

RTL, kindly fuck yourself.




Awww... ain't you just so cute. Does your mommy let you stay up late to talk on the internet? Now careful because those parental filters can monitor everything you type and show your mommy all your naughty language.
I'm glad to see that the internet has allowed people like you to have a social life. Though, you really should get out more, there's this new thing called a Sun that lights the sky up. Tomorrow I encourage you to go outside and stare at it for an hour or so. It'll improve your vision.
Aleicia
Posts: 107
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:15 am

Re: *1313: Dances with Smurfs* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Aleicia » Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:41 am

Does anyone have a link to watch the episode?

:)
Wii fit man
Posts: 11153
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:10 pm

Re: *1313: Dances with Smurfs* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Wii fit man » Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:42 am

I want a link to read that shit gta.

Awww... ain't you just so cute. Does your mommy let you stay up late to talk on the internet? Now careful because those parental filters can monitor everything you type and show your mommy all your naughty language.
All I can say is, wow. How do you know I'm a kid? How do you know I'm not 55?

I'm glad to see that the internet has allowed people like you to have a social life. Though, you really should get out more, there's this new thing called a Sun that lights the sky up.
And I'm glad you've decided to troll. Tell me, who seems to have a social life here, a person who gets up, goes to school, and moves around, or the shitface troll in his basement probably jacking off to pictures of Tom Cruise?

Tomorrow I encourage you to go outside and stare at it for an hour or so. It'll improve your vision.
Image
effses: Austin confirmed for turbo homosexual
ssouthparkk4602
Posts: 906
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:49 am

Re: *1313: Dances with Smurfs* Post-Air Discussion

Postby ssouthparkk4602 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:44 am

howardroarke wrote:
ssouthparkk4602 wrote:Star Wars references don't work on me.

And Glenn is more than an entertainer. He is the leader of a mob. I think my concern is valid.

And I am not a Capitalist if it has to be all or nothing, then. Mixed economy man. Just found out a definition for me recently, but it isn't good because it is too broad, but it is "Third" something Capitalist. (I forgot the whole thing. Not important, it fails to specify my views, anyway.)

And you are right. I don't have much confidence in Capitalism when it comes to people's health. I am very justified. There should be no profit motive to deny care. Period. Look at the system as it is now.

So I would argue that I AM a Capitalist. But also a Humanist. Moderation and mixes, they are a good thing. All or nothing is completely f*cking stupid when applied to government.

And don't bring up "either it's all ok, or none of it is" from Cartoon Wars. That does not apply here. (I don't think you'd do that, but I have misjudged people before.)


I don't see why it's completely f*cking stupid to apply rights as all or nothing when it comes to government, that's exactly the reasoning behind things like the 1st amendment. It protects even the most vulgar speech, the safe politically correct speech doesn't need protection...

But I think you're missing my point. If you're a capitalist, you would want the most essential things in life to be left to the free market most of all. We do not have a free market in health care, for a lot of reasons. And profit may seem evil to you, but it also means these businesses are providing a service that is valuable to enough people to give them patronage. It also means they aren't in debt and can keep providing those services, which is not something a bankrupt government can do, just ask Russia.

Here's one example (again there are many more knowledgable people than me on this): The closest thing we have to free market health care service is cosmetic surgery, where insurance doesn't cover most things, so prices are a factor in choosing a service. That's important in a free market system. The price of cosmetic surgery has fallen while the cost of every health service has risen, and the service has also risen in cosmetic surgery. Most cosmetic surgeons give their patients their cell phone numbers. They have to satisfy a customer an make them happy. That's how a free market system works. That's how DVD players went from thousands of dollars to less than a hundred dollars.

This principle has been proven over and over in markets that we consider unimportant. From the $0.69 can of beans to the car in your driveway. The computor or Iphone you're using right now is an example of this system working. Why not have this same system applied to health care and education?

You should not apply it to health care for the reason I already said: there should be no profit motive in denying care.

And yes, there are regulations that make HC not a "free market". But put that on a scale of Capitalism to Socialism, it is WAAAAY to the Capitalist side. (Insurance companies, not doctors.)

LOOK at the countries that have Socialised health, their % of GDP to HC is LOWER than ours. Their number of covered people is HIGHER. The life expectancy is HIGHER.

They spend LESS (In proportion to population) than we do, and get MORE care and coverage.

So stop with the "ideals" and "principles" crap. We know of a system that works BETTER (in HC, not with common luxury items that are better left to Capitalism) than the one we have, and we know that more would be covered with it than under a FULL BLOWN free market in HC.

So why ignore all this for ideological expediency? It is ludicrous.
"If the President has a BLT tomorrow, the Republicans will try to ban bacon."
-Alan Grayson

"Tolerance of intolerance is just as good as intolerance."
-TheAmazingAtheist

Formerly: gtaca2005 Member since: Thu Jan 06, 2005
JustSit
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:29 am

Re: *1313: Dances with Smurfs* Post-Air Discussion

Postby JustSit » Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:46 am

ssouthparkk4602 wrote:
RideTheLightning wrote:
JustSit wrote:Ummm... Okay well I must say a lot of you people miss the point entirely.
ssouthparkk4602 seriously? I mean you spend your days arguing with people on youtube about whether or not Trey and Matt agree with Beck's opinion? Then you go and feel "vindicated" by this show? Got a news flash for you, this show made fun of Beck as much if not less than he makes fun of himself. In fact I'm sure he'll show part of this show on his program, so Jon wont have to(It'll get to more people that way anyway). To assume that because they poked fun of his style and his audience doesn't mean they don't agree with his general principles. He's a hot button topic at the moment so they poked fun at him, they also made a reference to Sarah Palin using a very liberal character. Do you think they believe Palin is like Wendy? You need to relax and chill out, watch the show laugh and please stay off of Youtube, it's ruining your life.

Anyway, great show once again, fresh and not too far up it's own rear end.


dude youre amazing. finally someone who doesn't make me bummed out to be a south park fan posted on one of the episodes

just saying i liked butters' little gang of weird kids he hangs with


RTL, you are always a dick. :mrgreen:

And JustSit? News Flash for you:

I DON'T CARE. I really don't care that you think it's stupid that I argue with people on YT. And you also fail to realize that YOU TOO would feel "vindicated" if the same happened to you. If you said some sh*t and got chewed out on YT for your favorite show's creators believing in what you were calling "stupid" (I wasn't, only Glenn Beck, and HIS type of "Libertarians".), and then this came about, you would feel the same way. What other word is there besides vindicated? That is what happened tonight. So what ever.



*sigh* I really hope you do seek some help.
Honestly, I'm not making fun of you. Everyone with a computer and a fake name to hide behind will make fun of you online and it's, O-K. It doesn't hurt... It doesn't I swear. I know you may feel a little flummoxed but the truth is that even with your "proof" they'll still laugh and call you an idiot. This idea of his type of "Libertarians" is ridiculous. Look up what a libertarian is first because you're not one of them. And fyi, if that ever did happen to me, I wouldn't feel vindicated. just serene since I'd know I was right regardless of what they said. Listen, I charge by the hour for this kind of psychiatric help, so please find yourself a good counselor and stay off of youtube, I'm worried about you.
joevill
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:18 am

Re: *1313: Dances with Smurfs* Post-Air Discussion

Postby joevill » Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:47 am

gudlyf wrote:Where this week's hidden alien was: http://clak.us/trng

Cool thanks!
ssouthparkk4602
Posts: 906
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:49 am

Re: *1313: Dances with Smurfs* Post-Air Discussion

Postby ssouthparkk4602 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:50 am

Wii:

It's all spread out amongst many arguments on many videos. But I do have one bastard that said it on my channel (Although this one was about the Ron Paul Libertarian people):


http://www.youtube.com/user/southparkgtaca

If you change Ron Paul to Glenn Beck, it's pretty much that same thing as I get in comment sections of videos...

And JustSit:

NO YOU IDIOT. I am not saying this proves that they are on my side and are against any one issue. This was to all the Beck people and Ron Paul people that tell me I am stupid and that the creators would side with Glenn Beck/Ron Paul. (Depends on the idiot/video)

So before you say sh*t to me like that, get it right. This has nothing to do with their/my views. Only that they were WRONG about them being on the side of Beck. So f*ck off.
"If the President has a BLT tomorrow, the Republicans will try to ban bacon."
-Alan Grayson

"Tolerance of intolerance is just as good as intolerance."
-TheAmazingAtheist

Formerly: gtaca2005 Member since: Thu Jan 06, 2005
DieDie
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:41 am

Re: *1313: Dances with Smurfs* Post-Air Discussion

Postby DieDie » Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:52 am

I don't really get the point of trashing Cartman and it seems to be a recurring theme lately. Didn't this show build its notoriety by using Cartman's badass side? Is the show trying to alienate old fans now?
Wii fit man
Posts: 11153
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:10 pm

Re: *1313: Dances with Smurfs* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Wii fit man » Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:53 am

Tell me JustSit, how old are you?

He's either a lonely 60 year old or a 2 year old.
effses: Austin confirmed for turbo homosexual
JustSit
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:29 am

Re: *1313: Dances with Smurfs* Post-Air Discussion

Postby JustSit » Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:54 am

[/quote]All I can say is, wow. How do you know I'm a kid? How do you know I'm not 55?

This is obvious, but truth be told you wouldn't ask such a ridiculous question if you were. Age does show through the internet.


[/quote]And I'm glad you've decided to troll. Tell me, who seems to have a social life here, a person who gets up, goes to school, and moves around, or the shitface troll in his basement probably jacking off to pictures of Tom Cruise?

This proves what I said above... and please don't inform us to your jacking pleasures. The image you just painted in my head is ingrained in there for the rest of my life and I fear I will not have to get a lobotomy. Who preformed yours? Can I get their number?


[/quote]Image[/quote]

Oh aren't you the savvy one? P.S. I didn't troll you, you responded to me first douche.
ssouthparkk4602
Posts: 906
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:49 am

Re: *1313: Dances with Smurfs* Post-Air Discussion

Postby ssouthparkk4602 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:56 am

He's not trolling, Wii. He is, however, an idiot.
"If the President has a BLT tomorrow, the Republicans will try to ban bacon."
-Alan Grayson

"Tolerance of intolerance is just as good as intolerance."
-TheAmazingAtheist

Formerly: gtaca2005 Member since: Thu Jan 06, 2005
JustSit
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:29 am

Re: *1313: Dances with Smurfs* Post-Air Discussion

Postby JustSit » Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:56 am

Wii fit man wrote:Tell me JustSit, how old are you?

He's either a lonely 60 year old or a 2 year old.



Ummm... I'll go with two. Quite advanced, ain't I? Why you ask? Are you a pedophile looking for you next victim?

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests