*1313: Dances with Smurfs* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

nuxx

Re: *1313: Dances with Smurfs* Post-Air Discussion

Postby nuxx » Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:26 am

It´s a nice episode, isn´t it? The murdering scene at the beggining was so funny!

I´m seeing a lot of new faces on south park elementary lately, did you guys notice that?
"Loo-loo-loo... I got some apples... Loo-loo-loo, you got some too!"
JustSit

Postby JustSit » Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:28 am

ssouthparkk4602 wrote:That's like saying Massachusetts has more Liberals overall than San Fransisco, and therefore is more Liberal.

No idiot. It's about %. Stop making it about numbers.

And give me a link to the study, JustSit.

That's a bad analogy, and you're missing my point. It doesn't matter what % of people are of what degree intelligence, unless you're trying to point out that Fox's viewers are all idiots, but since 35% of their viewers scored high on the test, and since they have a viewer base of umpteenth million viewers, and since the raw numbers of intelligent views of Fox outweigh the raw numbers of other shows, the fact remains that not all, nor even a great margin of Fox viewers are idiots. Now, with that said, I must also point out that not all intelligent people are wise. Even some of the more intelligent people of our time were relatively naive in matters of micro and macro social relationships. This is why Einstein turned down Israel's prime minster position, and why you'll never see a head of state with an IQ in the 180s.

As far as a link, I wasn't the person who brought up the study, it was someone else, but you were dodging their initial premise.
maikt

Postby maikt » Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:30 am

Alien spoilers please ;)?
JustSit

Postby JustSit » Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:31 am

Patranus wrote:
Um. Fox News is the LEAST bias cable new network according to several studies including one by the pew research center.

Here's what he said, he mentioned PEW not Rasmussen, and it's a study not a poll.
ssouthparkk4602

Postby ssouthparkk4602 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:34 am

JustSit wrote:
ssouthparkk4602 wrote:That's like saying Massachusetts has more Liberals overall than San Fransisco, and therefore is more Liberal.

That's a bad analogy, and you're missing my point. It doesn't matter what % of people are of what degree intelligence, unless you're trying to point out that Fox's viewers are all idiots, but since 35% of their viewers scored high on the test, and since they have a viewer base of umpteenth million viewers, and since the raw numbers of intelligent views of Fox outweigh the raw numbers of other shows, the fact remains that not all, nor even a great margin of Fox viewers are idiots. Now, with that said, I must also point out that not all intelligent people are wise. Even some of the more intelligent people of our time were relatively naive in matters of micro and macro social relationships. This is why Einstein turned down Israel's prime minster position, and why you'll never see a head of state with an IQ in the 180s.

As far as a link, I wasn't the person who brought up the study, it was someone else, but you were dodging their initial premise.

Bad analogy? Regardless, it doesn't "outweigh" sh*t. How do you think crime rates of cities are tallied? This, although not the same methodology, follow the same principle. And at the end of the day, Daily Show viewers are more informed on current issues than FOX "News" viewers. It is a fail enough analogy. End of discussion.

Stop with the mental gymnastics.

And that study was by Rasmussen, a Conservative leaning pollster.
"If the President has a BLT tomorrow, the Republicans will try to ban bacon."
-Alan Grayson

"Tolerance of intolerance is just as good as intolerance."
-TheAmazingAtheist

Formerly: gtaca2005 Member since: Thu Jan 06, 2005
radicalontherocks

Postby radicalontherocks » Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:44 am

Best episode!!!!

This one really nailed it! Oh Butters running with his pants down....priceless.

The beginning was a little rough though, was it referencing anything I should know about? Some current event?

Ugh, and the two people who keep filling this thread up with posts, seriously. Come on.
Maury, I am out of control. Yeah, I use drugs. I can do what I waunt, biatch! Yeah, I have sex, and I don't use protection! It's my hot body; I'll do what I waunt! I don't go to school and I kill people! What-evah! I'll do what I waunt!
JustSit

Postby JustSit » Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:46 am

ssouthparkk4602 wrote:
JustSit wrote:

Bad analogy? Regardless, it doesn't "outweigh" sh*t. How do you think crime rates of cities are tallied? This, although not the same methodology, follow the same principle. And at the end of the day, Daily Show viewers are more informed on current issues than FOX "News" viewers. It is a fail enough analogy. End of discussion.

Stop with the mental gymnastics.

And that study was by Rasmussen, a Conservative leaning pollster.

Frankly, I really don't care at all. I don't need to stick up for Fox of their viewers. I rarely watch it myself. It's not mental gymnastics. The daily show % wise has more "informed" viewers while Fox has more overall. Big whoop, wanna fight about it? It still doesn't mean anything. If you cater to an elite group of people like the daily show does, you get elite people, if you cater to everyone, you'll get a more balanced viewership. It is saying something that an equal amount of intelligent, average and below intelligent people watch fox. Maybe that's because it's not biased like the other shows are and therefore doesn't cater to one specific portion of the population. By the way, I think this was the study that the other guy was talking about.
http://www.journalism.org/node/13436#fn1
It was done based off of election coverage in 2008.
Hey, like I said before I just don't get your vitriol, that's all. It'd be nice if you focused your passion for hating something like fox news and it's viewers on something more productive. You have a right to an opinion, be it right or wrong, but just don't let it consume you. M'kay?
maikt

Postby maikt » Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:51 am

Alien? Thanks.
JustSit

Postby JustSit » Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:54 am

maikt wrote:Alien? Thanks.

Someone posted this I think on page 3 or 4.
JustSit

Postby JustSit » Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:55 am

gudlyf wrote:Where this week's hidden alien was: http://clak.us/trng

here
ssouthparkk4602

Postby ssouthparkk4602 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:56 am

Again, we see that MSNBC is Liberal and FOX is Conservative. CNN tries hard to be in the middle. Notice that they left CNN out of the graph.

This is more of a MSNBC vs FOX than anything dealing with fairness in media.

I am going to bed.
"If the President has a BLT tomorrow, the Republicans will try to ban bacon."
-Alan Grayson

"Tolerance of intolerance is just as good as intolerance."
-TheAmazingAtheist

Formerly: gtaca2005 Member since: Thu Jan 06, 2005
mmuk89

Postby mmuk89 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:44 pm

This may have been said but i viewed this episode differently than glen beck bashing.

If you place Wendy as president Bush / republicans, smurf berries as oil and Cartman as democrats it goes like this.

Democrats start insulting Bush's intelligence which has no real relevance to politics. Then they start with the argument that Bush started a war for oil and the Democrats kicked up sh*t. By the end Bush had enough and just gave up and let the democrats lead the country. Now that democrats lead the country they realize that the office of the president has no real power, and the new democrat leader can't actually do anything (like pass a health care bill?)

(get it....wendy/bush started a war for smurf berries / oil and after cartmen / democrats kicked up so much sh*t now cartman / democrats are in power but can't actually do anything of value)

so while obama is getting all this nonsense bullsh*t from glen beck and conservatives (and believe me, its is bullsh*t) Remember that Bush got all this stupid bullsh*t from democratic pundits as well.
James--76

Postby James--76 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:54 pm

This episode was ok i found it slow in places and did not care much for the opening scene.Bits that made me chuckle were butters pissing on wendy`s front door,cartman reading some of his anouncments and that casey kid with the big ears, with one more episode to go hope its better than this one was.

7/10
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!
King Of Canada

Postby King Of Canada » Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:19 pm

I really want to see this epsidoe,
Generation 15: The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
fisheeinthewater

Postby fisheeinthewater » Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:29 pm

I come on here to read about what others had to say about the episode. Not have to go through pages after pages of arguments not relating to South Park. Once it goes like 1 topic off of South Park, it should be discussed between a private message....

Anyway, this episode had its great funny moments, and I enjoyed it. However I didn't find it really funny. I think it's cause I don't know this Glenn Beck guy. Now I feel I have to do some research, I guess that's what happens being stuck in a foreign country! All in all, I rate it 7.5/10

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”