*1313: Dances with Smurfs* Post-Air Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

ladyLarissy
Posts: 17
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:14 am

Re: *1313: Dances with Smurfs* Post-Air Discussion

Postby ladyLarissy » Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:06 pm

Skrotex wrote:Amazing episode. Casey Miller, welcome to the team. The Avatar twist was just perfect. Bravo, Trey. Beautiful writing.

quoted for truth. i'd die for writing talent like trey's, ugh. <33
June Cabrerra
Posts: 285
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:43 am

Re: *1313: Dances with Smurfs* Post-Air Discussion

Postby June Cabrerra » Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:41 pm

Pip Tweek wrote:I don't get how Cartman was supposed to have made the video of himself and the Smurfs.


Throbert McGee wrote:
Biscuits wrote:I was thinking the same thing. Since when does a 9 year old have the technology and money to produce a real animated full length smurfs movie?


Sheesh, people, this is totally simple to explain:

CARTMAN: Hey, Mom, I need you to rent me a team of professional computer animators from Pixar to help me make a totally awesome CGI Smurf video for my morning announcements.

Mrs. CARTMAN: My goodness, that sounds incredibly expensive, poopykins!

CARTMAN: But maaaaa-uuuuummmm!!

Mrs. CARTMAN: Whatever you say, my darling precious angel...


South Park is a CARTOON. In Cartoons, anything can happen and it usually does. You may as well ask whether they used Lucas Computer Enhancement way back when they made Barbara Streisand into Mega-Streisand or Ike into Mega-Ike. It's a cartoon. Enjoy the escapism which is that what a cartoon is.
Vic De Zen
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:42 pm

Re: *1313: Dances with Smurfs* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Vic De Zen » Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:00 pm

I love how they ripped on Avatar in this episode! Hahaha
BG41
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:45 pm

Re: *1313: Dances with Smurfs* Post-Air Discussion

Postby BG41 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:03 pm

This episode was funny, but why did they represent Glenn Beck as crazy? And why do they constantly defend Obama? Iv never seen them defend any president before, have they abandoned their Libertarian view for Obama kool-aid? Are they afraid to make fun of a guy who thinks there is 57 states? I cant see Matt and Trey being for a guy who will FORCE you to buy a health care plan approved by his administration, even if you dont want it, or pay a fine, or go to jail. And why is it so bad that Beck sells books? Beck is a Libertarian and a capitalist, thats what America is. Beck sells books because people what to buy them, he is not forcing anyone to buy them, if you dont want a book, dont buy it, thats capitalism. I was under the impression Matt and Trey supported Freedom of Speech even when you dont agree, no ESPECIALLY when you dont agree. This could have been a good episode for the boys to have a "I learned something today" moment, but instead they just trash Beck without having the facts of what Beck really says. It seems they get their "news" from Jon Stewart, um... you guys do know Stewart is a RAGING liberal, and doctors his video footage and takes things out of context right? Please guys, stop being afraid to make fun of a guy who constantly screws up, Obama. Come on, 57 states!!! Forcing people to buy something they dont want "is not a tax"!! Its not terrorism anymore its a "Man caused disaster" and I love the "I dont have all the facts.... But its clear the police acted stupidly"
Big-Will
Board Moderator
Posts: 18856
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2003 8:57 am

Re: *1313: Dances with Smurfs* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Big-Will » Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:19 pm

BG41 wrote:And why do they constantly defend Obama? Iv never seen them defend any president before, have they abandoned their Libertarian view for Obama kool-aid?

What has Obama done that's worth defending, and how are Matt and Trey defending it?
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
BG41
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:45 pm

Re: *1313: Dances with Smurfs* Post-Air Discussion

Postby BG41 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:20 pm

LemonDrop wrote:Never thought I'd see an episode of SP making the same tired jokes and pop-culture references as everyone else. Or at least, having the same take as the mainstream. There's been so many Beck rips lately that it's become boring. With everything going on in the Country right now, I expected more balls from SP this season. No biggie. Always a fan.



Yeah I agree. But like you said, Im not gonna stop watching just because of one episode I dont agree with, that would be as stupid as people who make fun of Beck and have never watched his show, they see something on The Daily Show and think is fact.


I dont remember SP ever making fun of Keith Slobberman when he was telling Bush to "SHUT UP" or "You are a Liar" or "You have blood on your hands" Seems they are being influenced by the clearly left leaning media. Come on guys, what happened to the SP that made shows like Fantastic Easter Special, or Red Hot Catholic Love, or the one about Mormons, you trash something, but then show that the people are not stupid. With this episode you make people who listen to Beck seem like a bunch of ignorant hicks, instead of people with a differing view. And you portray those people as committing violent acts, when in reality its the other side always complaining that Beck is inciting violence, that is committing the violence! Like the black conservative who was beat down by liberal SEIU members, or the guy in a Town Hall meeting who had his finger bitten off by a liberal. Or the Acorn members that threaten employees of Banks, and picket outside the employees houses! Where their kids live in fear! Thats ok, but Beck cant speak what he believes? I dont agree with everything Beck says, I dont agree with everything SP says, I make up my own mind after looking at all sides, and its clear to see this was a hit and run piece on Beck, make fun of the way he acts, but dont address the facts he actually talks about. I expected more. But, I love the show, hope it goes on as long as the Simpsons.
BG41
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:45 pm

Re: *1313: Dances with Smurfs* Post-Air Discussion

Postby BG41 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:26 pm

Big-Will wrote:
BG41 wrote:And why do they constantly defend Obama? Iv never seen them defend any president before, have they abandoned their Libertarian view for Obama kool-aid?

What has Obama done that's worth defending, and how are Matt and Trey defending it?



Well in the Election episode they had Kyle saying Obama can turn the economy around. In Margarittaville they Say Obama turned the economy around. And in this episode they use Wendy as Obama, saying he doesn't have to address questions that he thinks are stupid, and basically saying that Obama is "doing the best he can" because Bush left him with a mess, and that saying Obama has socialist tendencies is crazy, well, Read Obamas own books when he says that he looked for Marxists to be friends with, and saying things like "White folks greed, runs a world in need"
Wii fit man
Posts: 11153
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:10 pm

Re: *1313: Dances with Smurfs* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Wii fit man » Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:32 pm

BG41 wrote:This episode was funny, but why did they represent Glenn Beck as crazy? And why do they constantly defend Obama? Iv never seen them defend any president before, have they abandoned their Libertarian view for Obama kool-aid? Are they afraid to make fun of a guy who thinks there is 57 states? I cant see Matt and Trey being for a guy who will FORCE you to buy a health care plan approved by his administration, even if you dont want it, or pay a fine, or go to jail. And why is it so bad that Beck sells books? Beck is a Libertarian and a capitalist, thats what America is. Beck sells books because people what to buy them, he is not forcing anyone to buy them, if you dont want a book, dont buy it, thats capitalism. I was under the impression Matt and Trey supported Freedom of Speech even when you dont agree, no ESPECIALLY when you dont agree. This could have been a good episode for the boys to have a "I learned something today" moment, but instead they just trash Beck without having the facts of what Beck really says. It seems they get their "news" from Jon Stewart, um... you guys do know Stewart is a RAGING liberal, and doctors his video footage and takes things out of context right? Please guys, stop being afraid to make fun of a guy who constantly screws up, Obama. Come on, 57 states!!! Forcing people to buy something they dont want "is not a tax"!! Its not terrorism anymore its a "Man caused disaster" and I love the "I dont have all the facts.... But its clear the police acted stupidly"

:cartmanlaugh:

Sorry, it's really, really hard not to laugh at you.
effses: Austin confirmed for turbo homosexual
Pip Tweek
Posts: 5101
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:15 am

Re: *1313: Dances with Smurfs* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Pip Tweek » Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:36 pm

peetrick! wrote:
Pip Tweek wrote:I don't get how Cartman was supposed to have made the video of himself and the Smurfs. I realize the whole thing was satire and the viewer has to suspend their beliefs to get the humor, but they stretched reality too far. The kid being killed in the beginning, the 500-page hardcover books materializing out of thin air, the classrooms all getting video screens because Cartman wanted them, and the ACLU forcing the school to let Cartman say whatever he wanted was all too over-the-top for the weak satire it was intended to create.

But the episode did make one important point - political commentators are not worth listening to, and other people's ideas are not worth arguing about. It's all just a bunch of meaningless prattle.

political commentaries are worth lisening to because political desisions afect the whole world garbage ass pop culture that isnt desiding how we are going to live doesnt need to be there it isnt going to afect us if some rapper gets dumped or opera is getting married but if oboma gets through his trillion dollar heath care plan and are resesion turns into a depresions getting thousands more people fired or when the oboma put hate crime legistlation in a bill to help the troops i mean lets say i kill someone who was white straight cathiolic like me i hated him it sould be a hate crime because i hated him that bill says if he was gay black and muslim i sould be punished more which makes no sense it says he a life wasnt worth enough if he wasnt those



You've gotta be kidding me.

This is why people need to get their facts from credible sources and not some opinionated pundit with ADHD. Because if you listen to babbling morons long enough, you'll become like them.
Wii fit man
Posts: 11153
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:10 pm

Re: *1313: Dances with Smurfs* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Wii fit man » Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:38 pm

Pip Tweek wrote:
peetrick! wrote:
Pip Tweek wrote:I don't get how Cartman was supposed to have made the video of himself and the Smurfs. I realize the whole thing was satire and the viewer has to suspend their beliefs to get the humor, but they stretched reality too far. The kid being killed in the beginning, the 500-page hardcover books materializing out of thin air, the classrooms all getting video screens because Cartman wanted them, and the ACLU forcing the school to let Cartman say whatever he wanted was all too over-the-top for the weak satire it was intended to create.

But the episode did make one important point - political commentators are not worth listening to, and other people's ideas are not worth arguing about. It's all just a bunch of meaningless prattle.

political commentaries are worth lisening to because political desisions afect the whole world garbage ass pop culture that isnt desiding how we are going to live doesnt need to be there it isnt going to afect us if some rapper gets dumped or opera is getting married but if oboma gets through his trillion dollar heath care plan and are resesion turns into a depresions getting thousands more people fired or when the oboma put hate crime legistlation in a bill to help the troops i mean lets say i kill someone who was white straight cathiolic like me i hated him it sould be a hate crime because i hated him that bill says if he was gay black and muslim i sould be punished more which makes no sense it says he a life wasnt worth enough if he wasnt those



You've gotta be kidding me.

This is why people need to get their facts from credible sources and not some opinionated pundit with ADHD. Because if you listen to babbling morons long enough, you'll become like them.

And not only that, one who has never heard of punctation.
effses: Austin confirmed for turbo homosexual
UnoriginalUserName
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:50 pm

Re: *1313: Dances with Smurfs* Post-Air Discussion

Postby UnoriginalUserName » Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:38 pm

I wouldn't say they are defending Obama, it's more like they are making a statement about the people who spew mindless partizan rhetoric without thinking for themselves. What you should be asking is "what has Obama done that merits all the criticism he has gotten?"
Also, they are trying to say the president doesn't have as much power as we seem to think (that is not defending Obama as much as it is defending every single president we've had), so we shouldn't just pile all the blame on someone who doesn't deserve it.
And as for Glenn Beck, all he does is try to spread the rift between left and right. He doesn't care one bit about anything except getting his followers to hate the people who disagree with him even more.
Keep in mind that I am not a democrat or a republican, and I think both parties are full of sh*t.
And finally, people, stop calling Obama a socialist, because he is nowhere near one. Do some research on Socialism before just agreeing with the conservative pundits.
Not creative enough for a decent sig.
barlow987
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:15 pm

Re: *1313: Dances with Smurfs* Post-Air Discussion

Postby barlow987 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:40 pm

Cartman calls the ACLU :lol:
Big-Will
Board Moderator
Posts: 18856
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2003 8:57 am

Re: *1313: Dances with Smurfs* Post-Air Discussion

Postby Big-Will » Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:40 pm

BG41 wrote:
Big-Will wrote:
BG41 wrote:And why do they constantly defend Obama? Iv never seen them defend any president before, have they abandoned their Libertarian view for Obama kool-aid?

What has Obama done that's worth defending, and how are Matt and Trey defending it?

Well in the Election episode they had Kyle saying Obama can turn the economy around. In Margarittaville they Say Obama turned the economy around.

They were hardly defending him in those two instances. In fact, I think they were calling him out on that.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
3rr0r
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:01 am

Re: *1313: Dances with Smurfs* Post-Air Discussion

Postby 3rr0r » Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:46 pm

THE SOUTH PARK IS GETTING BETTER AND BETTER , this was awesome till the end , I was wondering why was wendy so calm and stuff , now I know :) he totally fudged cartmann in the ass :D
I wasnt expecting that :) now it is 2:0 for wendy :D first time when he beat him and this time she cunningly overpowered him :D
ned15
Posts: 6352
Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:32 pm

Re: *1313: Dances with Smurfs* Post-Air Discussion

Postby ned15 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:32 pm

pretty good i thought. i really liked the beginning and end. the middle was a bit weak, but it pulled through.
"you musn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling."
eames

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests