*1401: Sexual Healing* Postair Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

willowrose

Re: *1401: Sexual Healing* Postair Discussion

Postby willowrose » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:39 am

I loved it! :) Sure, not the funniest ever, but an amusing start to another amazing season!! :) I agree with mostly everyone else in saying the intro was beyond awesome. Very very well done.

I loved how the alien/wizard/guy's wand was taped to his crotch. That was just pure darn funny.

I like how the episode seemed to be shining on the whole "people make too big of a deal out of celebrities that get caught cheating" thing. I think this was also their take on the whole epic swine flu thing from last year since that was never really brought up for the boys.
I don't have a signature
Icthulu

Postby Icthulu » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:40 am

haha. great episode! NJ guys, and welcome back from vacation.
Skrotex

Postby Skrotex » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:15 am

Totally tits.
They're not people, they're hippies!!!
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:22 am

Big-Will wrote:Okay, one of them is Michael Jordan, but who's the one in the track suit?

I was gonna hit up the FAQ's, but someone beat me to it. It's Kobe.
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:32 am

BRMBug wrote:
Big-Will wrote:Okay, one of them is Michael Jordan, but who's the one in the track suit?

I in fact did send a question to FAQ's about this, and as Bug said, someone had beat me to it. Here are all the people in the room according to FAQ from this very site (SPS):

Tiger Woods, David Letterman, Ben Roethlisberger, Eliot Spitzer, Charlie Sheen, Michael Douglas, David Duchovny, Billy Bob Thornton, Bill Clinton, Kobe Bryant, and Michael Jordan.
nitsuj500

Postby nitsuj500 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:55 am

This episode was VERY disappointing. The only funny parts were the Tiger Woods video game, and Kenny in the Batman suit. Other than that, this episode sucked. A sucky 200th episode, and a sucky way to begin the season too.

It was not the 200th episode Ar-tard it was the 196th episode.
wags61

Postby wags61 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:43 am

That episode was not really funny at all. I love South Park, but for a season premiere that was really weak. Hope they start focusing back on the characters
shenmuere

Postby shenmuere » Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:46 am

This episode was very interesting it had a meaning to the former president bush and how he messed up america ( anologous to this episode was the "sex addiction virus" meant bushes corrupt administration and "having sex with women" meant attacking countries for their oil like iraq. The ending was great when butters was standing in front of the white house and said I hate bush! it meant something else if you think deeply. Very well made. And the part when obama said there is a turd in something, meaning he was hiding the real reason for curruption.
Juan_Schwartz1

Postby Juan_Schwartz1 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:52 am

Dear Site Admin:

you guys should put up the full song of Trey Parker singing sexual healing for download, it sounds really good in the end but its real quiet, i love the songs in south park episodes just because D.V.D.A. is badass. If anyone else agrees you should reply, nice 1st episode b.t.w. haha kenny in the batman costume
zzyzx 1

Postby zzyzx 1 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:57 am

Juan_Schwartz1 wrote:Dear Site Admin:

you guys should put up the full song of Trey Parker singing sexual healing for download, it sounds really good in the end but its real quiet, i love the songs in south park episodes just because D.V.D.A. is badass. If anyone else agrees you should reply, nice 1st episode b.t.w. haha kenny in the batman costume

Already being discussed here. :)
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:58 am

BRMBug wrote:

Ahh, that explains the posts stating that money cures AIDS. :) There's either an empty seat or a 12th person we never see, but Kobe at least is replaced by Kyle when Kyle and Bummers introduce themselves. :lol:
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
BrooklynToken

*1401: Sexual Healing* Postair Discussion

Postby BrooklynToken » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:27 am

Overall,GREAT season opener! 8/10.
Esp. compared to the garbage that's on TV currently. I'm just thankful that these 2 extremely talented & extremely rich guys (MnT) still get motivated to crank out shows like this when all they have to do is sit on their asses for the rest of their lives! Look at Jerry Seinfeld & "The Marriage Ref"! A once-funny guy,now incredibly rich & lazy, who should've just stayed retired decides to make a horribly generic & unfunny show that should never seen the light of day. Jerry ≠ Larry (David)! Turd in the punchbowl,indeed. :wink:
@ shenmuere: I think you're right about all the subliminal references. Plus,I think they are showing Obama to be more of a co-conspirator in the false "sex-addiction" scam (& the NWO scam),& less of the super-smart saviour/hero that many Americans thought he would be....because he hasn't lived up to all the ridiculous expectations since his inauguration! And i voted for the guy,too. Happily. But now.....not so much. Eh. 2-party system sucks,anyway. (yawn)
LOVED the "Sexual Healing" version,esp. knowing that they would never have paid the astronomical licensing fee to actually use Marvin's real version! Plus,their version was wayyyyy funnier anyway.
Can't wait for more episodes this season! These guys are still infinitely more creative & purposefully critical of humanity's silliness than almost anything else on tv. And I love 'em for it.
Little_Mouse

Postby Little_Mouse » Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:32 am

feynman wrote:This is the first time I've checked out the forums, and I'm pretty surprised how many people completely did not understand the episode. I wonder if all of the episodes go right over their heads... It's a shame.

Anyway, I really enjoyed the episode. Glad to see some more classic hyperbolic social commentary again! I'm excited to see what's in store this season.

Totally agree with every word (and this is my first time too). I've been waiting so long for this new season to start and I wasn't disappointed at all. It was a good episode!
Anyway, I figured they would make an episode regarding Tiger's affair. The game was classic. Frankly, it was a typical SP episode and a good one to start the season with IMO.

Oh, Bummers...I love you :lol:
bluelou

Postby bluelou » Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:07 pm

won't be airing in finland for a long time so watched it online. i'm so happy now... atlaaaassst. God i love kenny he's such an awesome curious lil :assface:
höhöhö
hotrock85

Postby hotrock85 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:05 pm

straight up funny.

Great intro
Great overall episode.

I watched the episode 4 times and each time it got funnier.
The humor has really changed since season 1. It has gone from slapstick comedy to intellectual humor. I love it. I like when you get something new out of it each time you watch it.

I'm not sure if this part was a mistake, intentional, or they just didn't care. Check out the board room scene. When they show everyone in the room there is only 2 females. When they pan to the individual speakers there is i think 5 females sitting around.

This episode hit on alot of what people really think. we try to play off what we are really thinking or doing just so others dont put us down. Its not only about sex. What about someone that robs a bank. You might say" wow that guy is an idiot" but you are really thinking "hmmm if I could get away with it I would rob a bank too"

Obama wasn't dumbed down. I just like how he was playing off of the theme of the episode.

The whole shifting eyes thing was great. another real world occurence. very funny at the end though with Tiger's apology and his wife is shifting eyes back at him after the sleeping with guys to get revenge comment.

great chimp scene

"Bummers" wasnt ruined. I think his character has just been enlightened even more. When ever we are stressed, surprised, or learn something new we always have a change of personality in some way until we adjust to that new variable. "sick joker lips" lol

I believe Kyle was an unfortunate bystander and not really a "sex addict". Many of us have played that game where a picture is shown to you and you have to answer a question about it. I think there is one currently on the "V" website (that one tv show)

ok that is my take on the episode

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”