*1402: The Tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs* Postair Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

pdfsmail

Re: *1402: The Tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs* Postair Discus

Postby pdfsmail » Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:34 am

Lots of puking.. good
Butters taking credit for book... cool
Sarah Jessica Parker... nice add
Wish butters could have had a better ending but an ok ep.
me=a hybrid of Tweek,Butters,Cartman,&Kyle!

GIVING INTO AN EXTREMIST SHOWS WEAKNESS, AND OPENS A DOOR TO FAILURE THIS WILL NOT APPEASE THEIR THREATS.
starsky697

Postby starsky697 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:57 am

I've been trying to remember the last time i laughed at south park since season 6. no luck so far

Nebenator wrote:I've been trying to remember if I laughed during the episode. No luck so far.
Stanlee

Postby Stanlee » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:35 am

This episode was insanely funny that's all there is to it. I was laughing my ass off. I usually laugh pretty hard at just about every episode of South Park but this one was seriously one of the best. For anyone out there that said things like "I didn't laugh" or "South Park is going downhill" I don't know what to say except maybe watch it again or something. Yeah sure the puking was a little excessive and the running gag went on a little too long but I was still laughing every time so it couldn't have been that played out.

Absolute best scenes were anything with Butters. As usual Butters is just awesome. Love that character. He and Cartman are polar opposites of each other but they are the two best characters. The scene where Butters started going into a murderous trance and saying "Kill John Lennon", the scene in school where he's walking down the hall in his wireframe glasses and little sweater with elbow patches, and that second book he wrote, "The Poop that Took a Pee" OMG that was so hilarious. Morgan Freeman reading it aloud was the icing on the cake.

Can't wait to see what comes next. Ginger episode looks like a winner. Cartman in Ginger mode guarantees some serious laughs. Hopefully Towelie will make an appearance at some point during this season too.
Big-Will
Board Moderator

Postby Big-Will » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:45 am

owendee wrote:Did anyone notice this is the first time they tell what butters first and last names are?

It's not the first time. Go look at "Casa Bonita" (season 7 episode 11) again.
The South Park Scriptorium
The South Park Scriptorium on Facebook

Favorite Character: Butters
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version
Wii fit man

Postby Wii fit man » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:02 am

I didn't like it...at all. :|
effses: Austin confirmed for turbo homosexual
papafrita

Postby papafrita » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:09 am

A book full of gross descriptions of bodily fluids? Made me think of Charlotte Roche: Wetlands (German: Feuchtgebiete), horrible book but probably not very well-known outside the German-speaking world.

BTW: I was waiting for some aristocrats joke. ;)
I did not slap you, I simply high-fived your face. ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
TehDarkArchon

Postby TehDarkArchon » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:04 am

I thought the episode was alright...I didn't laugh too much (if at all) through the whole episode, although I felt the episode did have a good, albiet satirical point. I should note that I am a HUGE SP fan, and I still constantly go back and watch episodes to this day.

One of the things I knew was missing right away is that many episodes have more than one sub-plot going on at once, and sometimes these plots converge and sometimes they do not. This keeps the episode interesting, funny, and more intelligent. So far, this season has been disappointly lacking in this perspective. I also feel that there is simply too much emphasize on celebrities, and that these episodes have been much more forward and political with their points rather than more discrete and funny.

I dunno...maybe I'm just nit-picking at this point. I still have high hopes for this season, however :D
SirKerrek

Postby SirKerrek » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:21 am

Allow me to begin with an apology. I didn't see this episode on Wednesday. Either airtime. Yes, I know. I suck. I knew I'd be busy for the 10pm (9 for me) so I had planned on seeing the 12am... but I forgot.... I forgot... about South Park.

So, I said ten hail-Matt'n'Treys, and sought my priest. Then I watched it today. And loved it.

Here's two things that I definitely possess, that you might not possess, and may or may not have had a positive effect on the overall enjoyment garnered from "Scrotie":

1. A relative knowledge of "Catcher in the Rye"
-In addition to his book not being nearly as dirty as everyone claims, J.D. Salinger (the author) actually dedicated the book to readers who just read a story, and don't search for a deeper meaning. That, of course, coincides with the message of "Scrotie" which was awesome for me, because I'm a literature nerd.

2. Rampant Immaturity
-To be sure, this always comes in handy for any dosage of SP, but when the runner is puking, it's a godsend.

Other stuff: Sarah Jessica Parker was effing hilarious. She is SO ugly, and the fact that she just always had the same face and never said a word. Brilliant. And Butters... I will always love you. Also, weak ending, but oh well.

9/10
Favorite Character: Butters
Favorite Episode: Good Times with Weapons
willowrose

Postby willowrose » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:25 am

I loved it! :D 10/10 Good classic (the new classic) SP humor.

I was wrong about Butters writing fanfic. Oh well. Maybe next time. ;) Or one of these days.

I'm enjoying the comments about this episode just as much as I enjoyed the episode! I love how passionate the fans are. Of course you can't please everyone all the time. That's just not possible. And if it is, ... well, it's not. But it's fun to see how the opinions vary so dramatically. I read one comment where someone said "worse episode *grumble* *grumble*" and the very comment under it said "best episode!!" ...

Anyway, I loved it and I can't wait to watch it again tomorrow. I liked how the boys were teamed up for this one and Butters crushing on the Kim chick was extra funny because he IS "so innocent" (or allegedly anyway) And there are a lot of super fug celebrities on earth. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion of course, but SJP was just destined for this episode. Nicely done.

SirKerrek wrote:

... 1. A relative knowledge of "Catcher in the Rye"
-In addition to his book not being nearly as dirty as everyone claims, J.D. Salinger (the author) actually dedicated the book to readers who just read a story, and don't search for a deeper meaning. That, of course, coincides with the message of "Scrotie" which was awesome for me, because I'm a literature nerd.

Interesting!! :D Thank you for passing that along!
I don't have a signature
BRMBug

Postby BRMBug » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:37 am

triplemultiplex wrote:My opinion might be influenced by the fact that I have no idea who the f*ck Kim Cardassian is. I'm even spelling that name like the bad guys from Star Trek. (They're the ones with the vagina foreheads.)

Kim KardASSian.
(didn't a cardassian get called a "spoonhead" in an ep? lol.)
JOSHSKORN

Postby JOSHSKORN » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:44 am

Aww man I wanna read this book!!! LOL
HomelessKricket

Postby HomelessKricket » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:48 am

This goes into worst south park episode list in top three, (the others being pee episode and the queef episode), and I've seen all the episodes to date.

Really? potty humor isn't funny and I liked when south park aims towards it's more intelligent audience and bashes religion or something else that needs to be bashed,and makes the show slightly educational.

The only part of this episode that I would watch again would be the very beginning pointing out that catcher in the rye is a terrible book and it's just a kid who complains about everything calling everyone a phony.

Trey and Matt if you see this, please make better episodes, and not the crappy ones you've been making lately, I'm concerned that you may have lost it.
PocketMorgan44

Postby PocketMorgan44 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:06 am

Im sorry but did they really have to resort to this? I am obsessed with south park and love most episodes but.. watching people puke the whole time was a little rediculous. Also did you really have to make fun of Jessica Parker that much, is that what you have to resort too? This felt like there was not much thought put into this episode and all you had was puke and baggin on SJP?? Lets try a little harder than this guys.... We all know that you guys are rich now but it doesnt mean you have to stop trying... Trey and Matt are not all that good looking either.. Seriously this was the worst SP episode Iv'e ever watched.
lazynis

Postby lazynis » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:32 am

Not a bad ep I thought. A lot of puking, but anyone who has spent time as a professional alcoholic knows what that newscaster was going through.

Spit. Whew. Ok, done. No wait... spit. ^_^

But more importantly:

Who is this woman on the left?
celds112

Postby celds112 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:43 am

Ok so I havent read every single post but this is my view of the episode and hope others will agree. I am a die hard fan of South Park and have watched it since the beginning. This episode was made for people like me. it was meant to show that every week the episode doesn't have to have some hidden meaning behind it like the newer viewers may like. We true fans loved the stupid humor as well as the incredibly witty satire Matt and Trey have come up with. At times we look way too much into the newer eps to find some hidden meaning but there is nothing there, they are written merely to make us laugh. Take Scott Tenorman Must Die for example. That episode was not deep and was only meant to shock and entertain us. The first time I watched that ep I could not stop laughing. I think some people have forgotten that South Park can just be about stupid laughs and not so much about whats going on in the media. This episode was exactly what the show needed, a reminder of where its roots are.

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”