*1402: The Tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs* Postair Discussion

Discuss new episodes without ruining them for people in other time zones.

Moderator: Big-Will

Aleicia
Posts: 107
Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:15 am

Re: *1402: The Tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs* Postair Discus

Postby Aleicia » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:37 am

South Park should be more like The Tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs. Scrap the political mumbo jumbo and just stick to doing things because they're funny without reading too far into themes and morals.

I am sick and tired of seeing celebrities, talk shows, scientists, secret agencies, repetitive lines, tedious running gags and MALE AND FEMALE EXTRAS WITH THE SAME DAMN VOICE.

The only parts I liked were the Boys when they decided to write a story somewhere around the beginning and the parts involving Sarah Jessica Parker because even though it was rude it was also JUST funny. No science, no politics, no debate.
pricey
Posts: 44
Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:35 am

Re: *1402: The Tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs* Postair Discus

Postby pricey » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:45 pm

i thought it was pretty good. i wish they would stop with the news reporters now though, theyre in almost every episode
jesussdad
Posts: 65
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:34 pm

Re: *1402: The Tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs* Postair Discus

Postby jesussdad » Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:10 pm

Big-Will wrote:
owendee wrote:Did anyone notice this is the first time they tell what butters first and last names are?

It's not the first time. Go look at "Casa Bonita" (season 7 episode 11) again.


and again in 805 "you got f'd in the a"
if i learned anything from the last episode its to make sure your very stoned before watching.
the puking was a bit overplayed.
Pip Tweek
Posts: 5101
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:15 am

Re: *1402: The Tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs* Postair Discus

Postby Pip Tweek » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:03 pm

BRMBug wrote:
triplemultiplex wrote:My opinion might be influenced by the fact that I have no idea who the f*ck Kim Cardassian is. I'm even spelling that name like the bad guys from Star Trek. (They're the ones with the vagina foreheads.)
Image

Kim KardASSian.
Image
(didn't a cardassian get called a "spoonhead" in an ep? lol.)


Same exact response to the name "kardashian." I'm always thinking "Cardassian." The association is a goldmine of nerd humor!

"I'd sure like to enter Kardashian space!" :mrgreen:
"Keeping up with the cardassians, starring Garak and Gul Dukat!" etc.

I laughed when Butters said, "I wanna jump on her belly!"
willowrose
Posts: 498
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:02 pm

Re: *1402: The Tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs* Postair Discus

Postby willowrose » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:12 pm

Alright. This is why I try not to come back to threads once I've made my peace and left my thoughts. .. But bashing this episode as much as (almost) everyone seems to be? Really?? May I remind everyone of a little something called P. Derby? THAT was a horrible episode. It had no rhyme or reason to it. Yet it still had SP written all over it. It was just an unfunny, let down of an episode, but what made it funny was that it was so UNFUNNY.

Is that what the people is looking for? Something that makes absolutely no sense? Or do you want the "smart, educational, political crap" that makes some gigantic point? Or do you want something where it's just the boys getting into a lot of trouble but they end up getting away with everything in the end? Because you really can't have ALL of that at one time. We have no control over what gets fed to us each week. It's not like we're voting on what type of episode we get. So just eat it up and be grateful or get out of the darn kitchen.

I really am confused what there was to dislike about this episode.

/ends slightly overly passionate rant

Pip Tweek- I didn't get to hear Butters say that because I have to "keep the volume low" so I missed half of the random stuff that was said. But I can hear Butters voice in my head saying that. Butters is so darn cute.
I don't have a signature
ButtersYouWhore
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:11 am

Re: *1402: The Tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs* Postair Discus

Postby ButtersYouWhore » Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:44 pm

OKAY, i have seen a lot of disgusting things on South Park. but Matt and Trey have really out done themselves in this episode. Personally. i felt queasy throughout the episode. and had to lie down after that. yeah. and most Likely if Matt and Trey knew they'd be laughing their asses off.
The tendency for people too read into something too much was awesome. I liked how the boys never intended for a deeper meaning in the story yet EVERYBODY else thought otherwise.
And Butters zombified reaction to the Catcher in the Rye cracked me up. A part of me thought the only reason he reacted like that was cause he heard somebody else did.

also, Poor Sarah Jessica Parker, XD a moose?! but it was to be expected. I stared in horror at that over-sized head and tiny bony shoulders. a part of me felt like if i made any sudden movement she'd attack. Though i liked that she stayed mellow and didn't have any diva tantrums.

And Butters Book? omg! poor guy he was trying so hard to make it as disgusting as possible. however his dirty mind couldn't keep out the sexual imagery... "like a wiener" he says >_>;


The Best Scene was Mr.Stotch screaming at his son to get away from the window because he's still grounded.
Niels0827
Posts: 4302
Joined: Sat Jul 03, 2004 5:51 am

Re: *1402: The Tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs* Postair Discus

Postby Niels0827 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:33 pm

First of all, we can hate an episode and still be grateful we're still getting new episodes.

What many people like me miss are episodes centered around the boys on some of their crazy, random adventures. Maybe this episode had that, maybe it didn't. Depends on who you ask.

But, in my own opinion, there is no denying that the increased airtime the less-intelligent adult characters are receiving, in recent seasons, dulls it down. And anybody, whether a die-hard fan or a casual viewer, will tell you that the exaggerated and overused jokes get old very quickly. Honestly, the vomiting got old after the second time. And considering that took up about a third of the episode, that's the basis for my opinion.
Daigoro
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:48 pm

Re: *1402: The Tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs* Postair Discus

Postby Daigoro » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:59 pm

I would have to say that this is one of the best episodes I've ever seen. The whole idea of people being labeled as sex addicts now after thousands of years of sexual exploits from the supposedly most prestigious people in history is awesome. I think the guys nailed it on this and really made a genius comedic satire on the existence of man. The scene when the scientists have discovered that people are spending their lives making money so they can one day have sex with lots of women is priceless. That's pretty much the world in a nutshell and I love how they blame it on a wizard alien. Thanks guys and please keep keeping it real.
caspianrex@gmail.com
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:55 pm

Re: *1402: The Tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs* Postair Discus

Postby caspianrex@gmail.com » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:00 pm

Pretty funny, despite all the puking.
Oh wait, I think I meant BECAUSE of all the puking.

It's funny because it's true. If there was a book that made people puke as soon as they read it, it would go to the top of the bestseller list...

I wonder what happened to my avatar. All of a sudden, I've been transformed back into a Noob!
ShaneHaughey
Posts: 11192
Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2004 8:36 pm

Re: *1402: The Tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs* Postair Discus

Postby ShaneHaughey » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:04 pm

willowrose wrote:Alright. This is why I try not to come back to threads once I've made my peace and left my thoughts. .. But bashing this episode as much as (almost) everyone seems to be? Really?? May I remind everyone of a little something called P. Derby? THAT was a horrible episode. It had no rhyme or reason to it. Yet it still had SP written all over it. It was just an unfunny, let down of an episode, but what made it funny was that it was so UNFUNNY.

Is that what the people is looking for? Something that makes absolutely no sense? Or do you want the "smart, educational, political crap" that makes some gigantic point? Or do you want something where it's just the boys getting into a lot of trouble but they end up getting away with everything in the end? Because you really can't have ALL of that at one time. We have no control over what gets fed to us each week. It's not like we're voting on what type of episode we get. So just eat it up and be grateful or get out of the darn kitchen.

I really am confused what there was to dislike about this episode.

/ends slightly overly passionate rant

Pip Tweek- I didn't get to hear Butters say that because I have to "keep the volume low" so I missed half of the random stuff that was said. But I can hear Butters voice in my head saying that. Butters is so darn cute.



Pinewood Derby- It was a bad, unfunny episode.
Tale of Scrotie- Not bad, but not good either. Just sort of okay, like last week's. Why? Because the running joke/main joke sucked.

Notice a pattern? I dislike episodes when I find large parts of it unfunny. Now, Scrotie I did not dislike, but it didn't make me laugh for large stretches.

I don't care if we get a random episode with the boys, a crazy adventure, a slightly dramatic episode, or a political one. My only concern is whether or not it is funny.

And while you may just be a little over the top and you may admit this, your attitude of, "If you don't like it, get out of the kitchen." is more or less, "If you don't like what is being shoved down your throat, then leave."

No. It is our right to post our thoughts on the episode. I have watched this show from the start and spent years sneaking around a quiet house at night with a pair of headphones so I could plug it into my television so I could watch this show. I've paid my dues and if I want to point out not only what I love, but what I dislike, I'll damn well do it.

You may like this episode. You may just be saying this because you think people are ungrateful. Regardless, you are wildly incorrect on why most people disliked this episode.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
caspianrex
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:39 pm

Re: *1402: The Tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs* Postair Discus

Postby caspianrex » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:14 pm

[Well, I'll be damned...apparently, I have two different profiles here at southparkstudios.com. Who knew?]

I just thought of one thing that would have made this episode even MORE true: if Oprah had chimed in on "The Tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs," with her stupid f#@king book club. Seeing Oprah puking her guts out would have been tremendously enjoyable. Oh well, no episode is 100% perfect. Except for maybe "All About the Mormons"...
jewlover
Posts: 1887
Joined: Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:23 pm

Re: *1402: The Tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs* Postair Discus

Postby jewlover » Fri Mar 26, 2010 7:33 pm

ShaneHaughey wrote:And while you may just be a little over the top and you may admit this, your attitude of, "If you don't like it, get out of the kitchen." is more or less, "If you don't like what is being shoved down your throat, then leave."

No. It is our right to post our thoughts on the episode. I have watched this show from the start and spent years sneaking around a quiet house at night with a pair of headphones so I could plug it into my television so I could watch this show. I've paid my dues and if I want to point out not only what I love, but what I dislike, I'll damn well do it.


I completely agree. If you don't like something, it doesn't mean that you should just shut up and leave it alone. Express your opinion. I too "sneak around my quiet house at night with a pair of headphones so I could plug it into my television so I can watch the show" In fact, i do exactly that, every Wednesday.

But this episode, i don't think it was as bad as everyone is saying. I had to watch it a few more times before expressing my opinion fully. The puking did get old very quickly, but there wasn't much else i didn't like about that episode. the SJP was very funny, and i really enjoyed that. I liked that there was no conflict with the boys, that they actually agreed and worked together for once.

I am just kind of annoyed that they keep using reporters and tv shows in the new episodes. they should do an episode next where they are just in South Park, because there hasn't been that in awhile. they are always involved with some famous person, or the media.

Overall: 6.5/10
Niels0827 wrote:Ke$ha can blow my rod.

She'd like that.

So would I. I'm just that good


Dude jacking off, dude jacking off.....*cough* that's a dude jacking off

I am God's cousin in law. Don't believe me? Well then go fuck yourself.
BoogerBoy
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:41 pm

Re: *1402: The Tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs* Postair Discus

Postby BoogerBoy » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:23 pm

What can I say...Ive watched this show since it started, and I think Scrotie McB is the most...well, these guys deffinetely arent at a loss for inspiration, I can tell you that.
Diabeteth
Posts: 362
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:48 pm

Re: *1402: The Tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs* Postair Discus

Postby Diabeteth » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:01 pm

jewlover wrote:I am just kind of annoyed that they keep using reporters and tv shows in the new episodes. they should do an episode next where they are just in South Park, because there hasn't been that in awhile. they are always involved with some famous person, or the media.

I'm with you there. I still liked this episode, but that would be really nice.
Give a man a match, and he'll be warm for an hour. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Spuntmire
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:53 am

Re: *1402: The Tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs* Postair Discus

Postby Spuntmire » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:45 pm

Whatever, dude! Let's go on to the next. Hey, wtf, man, I had an avatar...

Return to “Spoilers/New Episode Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests